Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,271 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

Volunteers Needed At Internally Displaced Persons Camps - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Volunteers Needed At Internally Displaced Persons Camps (2367 Views)

Truck Kills 2 Persons Celebrating Valentine In Akwa Ibom State. Graphic Photos / Displaced 158 Slum Residents Meets Dawn At Detention After Taking Protest To Amb / "Young Alhaji" Helps Displaced People Of Agatu With Food Items. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Volunteers Needed At Internally Displaced Persons Camps by ONHISBALDNESS: 5:49am On Dec 13, 2015
Please help the persons in internally displaced persons camp (IDP)
I have been volunteering recently at an IDP camp in Abuja (Durumi Abuja) as a teacher and support staff. The camp just started a school for the children. It has Nursery, Primary and Secondary school. Teachers are lacking and These children lack writing materials, story books and even Biro or Pencil.
Please good people help out. In the spirit of Christmas, send your Old Text Books, any subject, Notebooks and Biros to these children or any IDP camp near you.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
1. SEND ANY TYPE OF YOUR OLD BOOK, STORY BOOKS, NOTE BOOKS OR TEXTBOOK.
2. VOLUNTEER YOUR TIME (5 MINUTES MEANS A LOT)
3. SEND FOODS, CLOTHES OR ANYTHING YOU CAN SPARE
You can send these things to any IDP camp near you.
You can send to the Durumi IDP camp in Abuja after Dunamis Church, Close to Area 1, Garki Abuja
Thanks and Godbless.
Re: Volunteers Needed At Internally Displaced Persons Camps by Bowlue: 2:26pm On Dec 23, 2015
Hello,

I am planning a visit to one of the IDP camps, before i saw your post. From my itinerary , I may not be able to come so soon (say in the next 3-5 motnhs) . But i will like to discuss and have more insight on the situation there before visiting and understanding how I can help.

I searched all over the internet and didn't see anything about the IDPs. I hope that's not too far off?
Re: Volunteers Needed At Internally Displaced Persons Camps by paniz: 9:23am On Feb 08, 2016
ONHISBALDNESS:
Please help the persons in internally displaced persons camp (IDP)
I have been volunteering recently at an IDP camp in Abuja (Durumi Abuja) as a teacher and support staff. The camp just started a school for the children. It has Nursery, Primary and Secondary school. Teachers are lacking and These children lack writing materials, story books and even Biro or Pencil.
Please good people help out. In the spirit of Christmas, send your Old Text Books, any subject, Notebooks and Biros to these children or any IDP camp near you.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
1. SEND ANY TYPE OF YOUR OLD BOOK, STORY BOOKS, NOTE BOOKS OR TEXTBOOK.
2. VOLUNTEER YOUR TIME (5 MINUTES MEANS A LOT)
3. SEND FOODS, CLOTHES OR ANYTHING YOU CAN SPARE
You can send these things to any IDP camp near you.
You can send to the Durumi IDP camp in Abuja after Dunamis Church, Close to Area 1, Garki Abuja
Thanks and Godbless.

Hi ONHISBALDNESS,

I am a young nearly-there professional/undergrad who is very interested in actively working with this IDP camp in Area 1. Have the ability/needed help to source a lot of useful materials but mostly time and skills to offer, but first (per my parents' advice) I would need to visit the camp and see exactly in what ways I can help like Bowlue said.

Can I get a better description of exactly where in Durumi I can find the camp.
Not sure if leaving my number on here is safe but hoping this expedites things. If you could shoot me a text or give me a call, I would really appreciate it.

Peace and Love,
-C
Re: Volunteers Needed At Internally Displaced Persons Camps by fearlesschicken: 7:15pm On Mar 13, 2016
paniz am also a student too...doing a research on idps would like your response. sent a PM ..
Re: Volunteers Needed At Internally Displaced Persons Camps by hphil(m): 10:53am On Jun 28, 2016
Hi Onhisbaldness and Fearlesschicken (funny names. lol),

I am happy to hear about your involvement with IDPs, I am also a student working on plights of IDPs in Abuja. I will visit the field soon. Kindly contact me via beeyoo2000@yahoo.com so we can share ideas. I have sent you a PM. Thank you.
Re: Volunteers Needed At Internally Displaced Persons Camps by fearlesschicken: 6:27am On Jun 30, 2016
hphil:
Hi Onhisbaldness and Fearlesschicken (funny names. lol),

I am happy to hear about your involvement with IDPs, I am also a student working on plights of IDPs in Abuja. I will visit the field soon. Kindly contact me via so we can share ideas. I have sent you a PM. Thank you.

Unfortunately I can't access my email at the moment. Are you on Bbm?

Btw am through with my research on Idps, needed it for my Thesis. Please get back to me on here. Thanks!

(1) (Reply)

Arya Permana From Indonesia Is The World's Fattest Boy / Origin Of the Word "NAIJA" / What Again Do You Get In Narialand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.