Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,068 members, 7,818,183 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

6 Ways To Render Acceptable Service To God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 6 Ways To Render Acceptable Service To God (11998 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome To Give $100m To God (Video) / No Acceptable Reasons For Missing Church Service / The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

6 Ways To Render Acceptable Service To God by ipreach: 9:31am On Dec 13, 2015
Our service to God is very important and must be done with a perfect heart if we want Him to take glory in whatever we do for
Him. God is not and will never be
a taskmaster, He never place any burden on you but He always want you to know and do the best at every point in time.
Therefore, whatever we do for
Him and for the Kingdom must
come out from the depth of our heart and must be done without
complain. Complain is the
evidence that you are not happy
in doing what is right.
In this short note, I want to
highlight six ingredients that will make your service acceptable to God;

1. You must serve God with a perfect heart: “I will behave myself in a perfect wisely in a
perfect way. O when wilt thou come unto
me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart.” Psalm 101:2
What God requires from us at all time is
perfection of heart. You cannot please God
without a perfect heart.
God is a perfect God and therefore, we must be perfect if we want to follow Him throughoutout days.
“Be ye therefor perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.”
Matthew 5:48.

2. You must serve God with a gladness heart: Gladness is a state offeeling pleasure, joy, or
delight and very willin to do something.
If we will render acceptable service to God, gladness of heart is highly requires of us.
We must feel pleasured to be in His presence,
there must be joy, I mean, overflow joy in our heart that we are counted worthy to be in
His presence. “Make a joyful noise
unto the LORD, all ye lands. Serve the LORD
with gladness: come before his presence
with singing.” Psalm 100:1, 2.

3. You must serve God faithfully: God hates an unfaithful servants and do not
derive pleasure in whatever they do.
Unfaithful servant is always untrustworthy. God is a faithful God. He therefore demands that we be faithful in our service to Him. What
will differentiate you with other servants is your faithfulness in service. “Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.
Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.” 1
Corinthians 4:1-2. Faithfulness will take
you where you never think you will get to.
Faithfulness is the key to divine favour.

4. You must serve God sacrificially: Friend, this is one of the thing that makes many
people change their mind when they
discover the real meaning of sacrifice. Sacrificing takes away something so dear to
you. It makes you feel a vacuum inside of you but returns joy and happiness afterward. Personally, I was stunned when I discover the real meaning of sacrifice.
Through revelation, God revealed that it is not something to joke with.
According to Merriam- Webster Dictionary
which defined sacrifice as “the act of giving up something that you want to keep especially in order to get something else or to help.” We must learn to sacrifice our time,
talents, finances, energy and everything
we have for the joy of others and for the Kingdom of God.
Sacrifice will take something away from
you, yes! It must but what really matters is
what you will get in return.
This post is one of many of my sacrifice to
humanity and for the Kingdom. What do I
mean? It took me sleepless night of
praying and reading the Bible in order to put this together. Sacrifice will make you forget your comfort zone; it must surely take away
something from you.
God wants you to present everything
about you to Him; your talent, money, energy, time, etc. “I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that
you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your
reasonable service.”Romans 12:1

5. You must serve God in righteousness: This is being morally good irrespective of the
circumstance that you may find yourself. God
needs righteous servants who will always keep themselves for the Kingdom sake; whose mind is made up to follow the Lord till the end no matter the storms they are facing
in life. A righteous man is an asset to the
Kingdom of God. Dare tobe a righteous man that God will depend on at all time.
A righteous man can be trusted to act
honourably regardless of the circumstances.
Righteous men always seek for the
righteousness of God. “But seek ye first the
Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.”
Matthew 6:33

6. You must serve God continually: What matters in your service to God is its continuity. Matter what you are doing for the
Kingdom of God today if you fail to continue till the end, all your services and sacrifices
will be in vain and amount to nothing.
God does not look at your past but on your present, so the present determines what you
will get from Him.
Friend, my prayer for you is to continue to
serve God in a perfect way all the days of your life.
“Remember Lot’s wife” and what happened to her when she lost focus on where she was going Luke 17:32; Genesis 19:26.
Happy will you be if you will obey and carry
out what the Lord spoke you through this post.

Written by: iPreach
See My signature
Re: 6 Ways To Render Acceptable Service To God by chocolateme(f): 9:34am On Dec 13, 2015
True
Re: 6 Ways To Render Acceptable Service To God by Oriadesam: 8:50am On Apr 19, 2022
Thank you for this write-up

(1) (Reply)

Is It Right For Pastors To Confirm The Right Marriage Partner For A Person? / A Christian Open Love Letter / I Am Suing Pastor Chris Oyakhilome For N200 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.