Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,888 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Would You Fight Robbers At The Risk Of Death To Protect Your Family - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Fight Robbers At The Risk Of Death To Protect Your Family (1577 Views)

Girl 9 Stabbed Herself to death To Stop Being Married Out In Sokoto See Photo / Is This A Good Way To Protect Your Home? / Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Fight Robbers At The Risk Of Death To Protect Your Family by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:15am On Jun 04, 2009
A close friend was robbed this year in the Surulere area

His pregnant wife and house-help were raped and he was beaten up seriously.

Valuables worth over N1m was carted away as he watched helplessly.

He had the mind to fight but his wife pleaded. (she lost the baby by the way)

My question is.

1: Would you risk pain and possibly death to challenge and possibly kill an armed robber.

Consider the following before you answer
1: The trauma is unimaginable
2: Psychological friction it will create between spouses can only be imagined
3: Possible infections from HIV to other STDs
4: Constant fear of staying indoors or in any other neighborhood in close proximity to the event
Re: Would You Fight Robbers At The Risk Of Death To Protect Your Family by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:02am On Jun 05, 2009
obviously only few nairalanders have been fortunate not to have gone through this sort of xperience. better silent than aimless. smiley
Re: Would You Fight Robbers At The Risk Of Death To Protect Your Family by oludashmi(f): 9:37am On Jun 05, 2009
lagerwhenindoubt:

A close friend was robbed this year in the Surulere area

His pregnant wife and house-help were raped and he was beaten up seriously.

Valuables worth over N1m was carted away as he watched helplessly.

He had the mind to fight but his wife pleaded. (she lost the baby by the way)

My question is.

1: Would you risk pain and possibly death to challenge and possibly kill an armed robber.

Consider the following before you answer
1: The trauma is unimaginable
2: Psychological friction it will create between spouses can only be imagined
3: Possible infections from HIV to other STDs
4: Constant fear of staying indoors or in any other neighborhood in close proximity to the event

I have been robbed before (infact recently) at a gun point so I can contribute cause I know how one feels.

Firstly, I will not risk pain or death to challenge or kill an armed robber cos in most cases they work as a team and an attempt to fight might lead to anything. All I can do is to plead and if they fail to listen, no prob. If you attempt attacking them, they might kill you and eventually do what you were preventing. So who loose?

Of course the trauma is terrible and I can tell you that it still occurs to me everyday cos I was robbed on my way to work. I have tried to overcome the trauma  sad but still find it difficult to relax my mind when going to work even though I have prayed before leaving.

It is still better for the couple to be alive even if they will be psychologically affected, although I know they won't find it easy but someday, they might overcome it.

Any of the ailments is better than death. You can still achieve your visions with any of them. All you need are right medications and counseling.

Above all, it would have been better if the man kept it secret that his wife was raped cos the trauma of saying it to friends and families makes it worse. By saying it out, everyone now has a eye on the woman and will make things worse for both of them cause it is a shame. sad sad
Re: Would You Fight Robbers At The Risk Of Death To Protect Your Family by lannre(m): 5:05pm On Jun 07, 2009
Risky ! they can kill all the family for such act.
Re: Would You Fight Robbers At The Risk Of Death To Protect Your Family by prittigrrr(f): 2:39am On Jun 08, 2009
Why would anyone blame a woman for being raped?
Re: Would You Fight Robbers At The Risk Of Death To Protect Your Family by Outstrip(f): 3:29am On Jun 08, 2009
prittigrrr:

Why would anyone blame a woman for being raped?

Sweetie have you forgotten you are on a Nigerian website

(1) (Reply)

Mrs. Wife Of Mr. Big Spender / Nanny Or Day Care Which One Is Better / Age Appropriate Chore Ideas For Kids (5&up)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.