Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,949 members, 7,952,830 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:40 AM

Did Fela Durotoye Deserve City People's 2009 Man Of The Year Award? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Did Fela Durotoye Deserve City People's 2009 Man Of The Year Award? (4232 Views)

Did Fela Kuti Invent Twerking? (photo) / Did Fela's American Girlfriend Forget Her B Ra In The US [see Photo] / Fela's Bedroom Preserved Exactly How It Was Before His Death (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Fela Durotoye Deserve City People's 2009 Man Of The Year Award? by deola007: 10:55am On Jun 04, 2009
Motivational Speaking is fast becoming a booming business, and immitators
are fast outpacing originators.
The name: Fela have been associated with various accomplishments & brands.

By research, I also learnt that he won the
City People's 2009 Man of the year award.

In your opinion, Fela Durotoye Nigeria's greatest speaker?
What do you think of him?

I need to know
Re: Did Fela Durotoye Deserve City People's 2009 Man Of The Year Award? by Motee(f): 3:10pm On Jun 04, 2009
Fela Durotoye is a motivational speaker.  He speaks and backs it up with scriptures and reality.  Sincerely, he is a great person.  Well, City People definitely must have their reasons for that award but I personally have no one am following up regarding that Award.  Let me tell you some things he said at a particular church programme that I attended few months ago:

He said you need to achieve some things in life because of certain people. He said those people need that achievement.  He gave examples of when he appears in the newspaper and immediately somebody will call his mum and told her we saw your son and his mum will call him and mention it to him also and pray for him.

Another of his illustration is that you do not need to brag that you have arrived. He shows on you. He gave instances whereby you do not need to tell people that car is mine.  He said when you enter inside the car, key it up, put on the AC, slot in a good Christian music and you start shaking your head to the music and after few minutes you move the car and wave to them; they will conclude whether it is yours!

Mostly on careers, he let you know that you must be a deliverer in your company and not just a salary earner.

The more you listen to Fela, the more you think about how good things around you can change and not only that, you will appreciate your career, future, etc.  Sometimes, there is this zeal that comes up inside of you to constantly be a blessing unto others because those are who great men are.

He is a great Motivational speaker I would not miss for a penny. As at last year if am not mistaken, he is the highest paid Motivational Speaker in Lagos not sure if in Nigeria.

Congratulations to Fela Durotoye. He is married to Tara.
Re: Did Fela Durotoye Deserve City People's 2009 Man Of The Year Award? by mbulela: 5:06am On Jun 05, 2009
all these plenty talk.
i have very little regard for all these motivational speakers.
they are full of plenty talk and little action.
besides, they seem to have an answer for everything.
man of the year? for doing what?
Re: Did Fela Durotoye Deserve City People's 2009 Man Of The Year Award? by Motee(f): 6:39pm On Jun 05, 2009
No doubt they are full of plenty talk but for some of his propramme I have attended, they are plenty talk with many ideas[/color]. lol!

[color=#006600]@ mbulela: Nobody complain when you pasted an epistle about this topic o o o o: [b]BANK MANAGERS FACE PROSECUTION OVER MISSING DANIEL’S MONEY « on: June 03, 2009, 12:29 PM (Don't mind me, grin)
Re: Did Fela Durotoye Deserve City People's 2009 Man Of The Year Award? by Moyola(f): 9:16pm On Jun 05, 2009
FELA DUROTOYE?!! shocked
I attended an event organised by NSE in '05. He was d guest speaker or so,
Mahhn! hez 1 o' da greatest speakers I've eva heard! Funny, knwz hao 2 carry his audience along etc.
I still remember 1 of the quotes he gave dhat day!, still motivates me! kiss IMO, he deservez it! blez him!!

Quit 8in peepz! tongue
Re: Did Fela Durotoye Deserve City People's 2009 Man Of The Year Award? by Wellas14(m): 6:44am On Jun 08, 2009
Fela is a worldchanger and definitely deserves to receive such an honour. I have listened to him severally and i know what i am saying. He has simply added value to many. Whenever you hear him speak some value is imparted to you that is unquantifiable,
Re: Did Fela Durotoye Deserve City People's 2009 Man Of The Year Award? by sammyzacks(m): 4:06pm On Jul 09, 2009
i ahve met the man. he is unique, a rare gem. believe me when i say you have met very few people or none like him before.
Re: Did Fela Durotoye Deserve City People's 2009 Man Of The Year Award? by Praisefowo: 11:43pm On Dec 25, 2009
Fela Durotoye is Nigerias best when it comes to motivational speaking. Contrary to what you mite tink Fela lives and walks d talk. His life is more inspirational than his words. I have been with him and God knows I wont exaggerate that he is d closest person alive I have met that reminds me of Jesus Christ.
He deserves more than that
Re: Did Fela Durotoye Deserve City People's 2009 Man Of The Year Award? by mbulela: 7:14am On Dec 26, 2009
you must have met very few people indeed.
Re: Did Fela Durotoye Deserve City People's 2009 Man Of The Year Award? by Omolulu(m): 5:30pm On Dec 26, 2009
mbulela:

you must have met very few people indeed.
True talk grin
Re: Did Fela Durotoye Deserve City People's 2009 Man Of The Year Award? by mamagee3(f): 9:11pm On Dec 26, 2009
Who the freak is that?
Re: Did Fela Durotoye Deserve City People's 2009 Man Of The Year Award? by semid4lyfe(m): 1:35pm On Dec 27, 2009
Fela Durotoye

Wednesday, the 12th of May 1971 was a particularly remarkable day for Sisi Addy and Bros Toks as they welcomed the newest member of their family in Ibadan South West Nigeria.

They named their third child and second son, Oluwafeolami; meaning (God has enlarged my territory).

Together with his brother Pade and sister, Jibike, the family moved to the university town of Ile-Ife, also in South West Nigeria in 1972; where Fela grew into one of the liveliest kids on the campus’ staff quarters.
Ile-Ife would come to hold a special place in Fela's life as he was thoroughly educated there. First at the Staff Children's School (1974-1981) where he was a member of the Boys Scouts, School Band and played the lead role in the “Tragedy of Meggini” and then on, to Moremi High School (1981-1986) where he became the lead singer and keyboardist of the youth band, “The Midwaves”, who regularly featured on TV.

THE COLLEGE YEARS:

Fela moved onto the University for his Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science & Economics (1986-1991). Ever the entrepreneur, during his MBA (1995-1997), Fela started “The Pool Bar”, which was the number one Hang-Out on the campus.

Interestingly, during this period, he had a 4-day one-on-one encounter with GOD in April 1997. It was during this experience that Fela became born again and life took on a whole new meaning.

Having obtained his MBA and spurred on by his new found relationship with Jesus, Fela moved on from Ventures & Trusts to Phillips Consulting in 1998, where he rose to head the Customer Service Group until 2000 when he returned to acquire an M.Phil in Strategic Management at, yes you guessed it, OAU, Ife.

@ Topic
Seen the guy on TV a few times and dude is another fine boy and smooth talker as far as I'm concerned. The guy fit charm snake IMO. grin grin

Re: Did Fela Durotoye Deserve City People's 2009 Man Of The Year Award? by Nobody: 5:05am On Dec 29, 2009
Off course. Am glad city people were not as shallow as usual in thier award this year. Maybe because of the revelation of fake billionaires

(1) (Reply)

~ Rhianna's New Man! / Which Nollywood Actor Would You Like To Slap / Another Maheeda Wanna Be Celebrity Surfaces Online!! Releases Hot Photos (see Ph

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.