Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,327 members, 7,864,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:52 PM

How Social Media Like Fb And Twitter Are Affecting You By Making You Lonely - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Social Media Like Fb And Twitter Are Affecting You By Making You Lonely (609 Views)

How Is The Weather Affecting You? / 5 Ways Your Tech Gadgets May Be Affecting Your Health / Factors Affecting Nursing Practice In The Public Settings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Social Media Like Fb And Twitter Are Affecting You By Making You Lonely by cyberwaver(m): 11:28pm On Dec 13, 2015
Social Media like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, and the rest of them have really made many people socially isolated. Today we are going to learn see “how social media can affect your social life and make you lonely”.

Social Media has much advantages and importance in the society today where it helps in easy communications, business promotion, podcasting, lecturing and many other things you could think of, Social media plays an important role in online marketing for business promotion which is a must for every serious business owners to have a social media account and me active on it in order to reach more buyers or partners to create more leads, social media such as Facebook has grown into a certain stage that nearly everyone above 14 years old in Nigeria has a Facebook accounts and millions of Nigerian Facebook users are active on it everyday and they do so to gain more friends and somehow keep themselves busy. Now back to our topic, ”To Every Advantage there is Disadvantage” This quoted text occurs to everything in the world, you would be thinking that how can social media have disadvantages? Yes Social Media poses great disadvantages to mostly Nigerians Teenagers and Youths mainly those that are not yet married and one thing social media takes from you is your “Social Life”, your social interaction with your friends, relatives and many others, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp takes most our time and they are the first applications we check whenever we woke up from bed, Most Teenagers are addicted to social media and one thing they failed to forget is social media takes most their time, I can definitely remember when I used to be active on social media for good 18 hours every day and am quite sure others like me then stays more than that, what we derive then was the fun chatting with friends and laughing over meaningless stuffs and I didn’t know that it takes most of my time to talk with my friends physically and have fun engaging my body which seems good.

Read Also:- Mozilla Firefox vs Chrome vs Opera, Which Browser is Better to be Using
According to science, Loneliness can trigger self-suicidal ideation in young people and can affect their total well-being, a practical example, you will notice that when you are busy chatting on social media like Facebook you will stay in one position for a long time like laying down on your couch or bed on sitting down so as to concentrate but this is not good for health which can easily cause mental disorder and cause health problem by generating white blood cells which are not good for health . Social Media are taking the precious time we have to do other things to chats with our friends which might not be important. You would say there are some groups and communities on social media network that someone can join and will not feel lonely, it is true but I know you know that there is a huge difference between physical interaction and online interaction because physical interactions requires your body movement and makes you move from one place to make the interaction more fun while online interaction involves you typing after sending the receiver might reply you if so willing and it sometimes delayed which creates loneliness if the receiver at the other end wish not to reply you.

facebook sniffer

Safety Measures: We advise you to limit the time you spend with your smartphone and create room for physical interaction with your friends the more to reduce loneliness and increase your health stability status because when you have fun and you smile, laugh during the process you will age well not when you always make your face squeezed all the time how do you think you will age answer the question yourself.

Read Also:- Why You Should Abandon your Dstv Decoder for a Gotv Decoder
Am dropping my Pen here, it is better for your health to be stable and active than to be active and stable on any social media please make use of your time for something productive don’t give your parents extra burden to cater for because a word is enough for the wise.

#Another wonderful post AddedNew at AddedNew.com
Source ==> http://addednew.com/social-media-like-facebook-is-affecting-your-social-life/
cc : Lalasticlala , Seun

Re: How Social Media Like Fb And Twitter Are Affecting You By Making You Lonely by cyberwaver(m): 9:22am On Dec 14, 2015
Re: How Social Media Like Fb And Twitter Are Affecting You By Making You Lonely by cyberwaver(m): 8:46pm On Jan 01, 2016
Cc: Seun Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Safe Blood During Emergency Cases. / Ideas For A Healthy Breakfast / Super Sexy Figure @80

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.