Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,499 members, 7,819,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

What Books Are You Reading At The Moment-share It With Us - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Books Are You Reading At The Moment-share It With Us (5692 Views)

What Are You Reading Right Now And What Page Are You? / Which Books Are You Currently Reading? / What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Books Are You Reading At The Moment-share It With Us by obecha(f): 3:40pm On Jun 04, 2009
l've read these great books; they are must- read for everyone.

1. "Small Giants-Companies That Choose to Be Great Instead of Big" a book by Bo Burlingham.

2. "Thick Face, Black Heart,"  by Chin-Ning Chu.

3. The "Multi-Millionnaire's Mindset" by our own Nigerian investment and business coach-Christian Wogu.

Meanwhile; WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING AT THE MOMENT?- Pls folks, do share them with us, you never know how helpful yours could in turn be to us.
Re: What Books Are You Reading At The Moment-share It With Us by cuteguy4u2: 8:59am On Jun 17, 2009
I am reading motivational book ,tittle' How To Make Wealth Without Capital' By Austin Aniekie.It is very interesting.
Re: What Books Are You Reading At The Moment-share It With Us by opoog(m): 9:03am On Jun 17, 2009
cheesy what did they do that makes you think they are m[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]ad
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: What Books Are You Reading At The Moment-share It With Us by mrsb(f): 12:56am On Jun 19, 2009
Eat Pray Love. by Elizabeth Gilbert.

Only about a third through but so far, so good.

Written in first person (narrator is american woman, mid 30's) - she is married and has a breakdown and realises she doesn't want the typical life - husb, kids etc, so she leaves husband and goes on personal journey. 3 main stops: Rome, Mumbai and Bali. Its kind of a spiritual adventure so far but also will be one of self discovery i think.
Re: What Books Are You Reading At The Moment-share It With Us by Pepeye(f): 11:57am On Jun 19, 2009
Lately I ve read The Power of being a Woman by Michelle McKinney Hammond

Barack Obama ‘s Dream from my father

2 Likes

Re: What Books Are You Reading At The Moment-share It With Us by slap1(m): 12:40pm On Jun 19, 2009
i am currently reading Flora Nwapa's Efuru (belated?), a very nice and interesting book, the next in the queue is Pat Conroy's Beach Dance -- i hope it, too, will be interesting.
Re: What Books Are You Reading At The Moment-share It With Us by PapaBrowne(m): 1:59pm On Jun 19, 2009
"Take the Risk" by Ben Carson. (almost through)

"Exploring Corporate Strategy" Gerry Johnson and Kevan Scholes. (re-reading it).

Pepeye:

Barack Obama ‘s Dream from my father
Interesting read. The style of writing is very striking. Exposes Obama's deep seated intelligence. Never read a book that is majorly conversational and yet so engaging.
My best part of the book is at the end of part 2: Pages 291 - 295! I luv the rendering of that scenario.
Re: What Books Are You Reading At The Moment-share It With Us by Pepeye(f): 6:31pm On Jun 20, 2009
PapaBrowne:

Interesting read. The style of writing is very striking. Exposes Obama's deep seated intelligence. Never read a book that is majorly conversational and yet so engaging.
My best part of the book is at the end of part 2: Pages 291 - 295! I luv the rendering of that scenario.

Oh! You’re an avid reader as well . . . on that book I was so engrossed and touched while reading it . . .a self discovery book. Belonging to two diff worlds and belonging to neither Barry has got a photographic memory . . .gave an honest account of his life. . . I must give it to Gramps and Toot (maternal grandparents) despite they were white folks they did a good job raising him with all love
Re: What Books Are You Reading At The Moment-share It With Us by junijustin: 10:18pm On Jun 25, 2009
Recently completed 'Outliers' by Malcolm Gladwell, It was really a good and thought provoking read. I'm currently reading 'What's so Amazing about Grace' by Phillip Yancey
Re: What Books Are You Reading At The Moment-share It With Us by Igweochendo: 4:26pm On Jul 01, 2009
I salut all of us that like's to read, congrats and keep it up.

Presently 'am reading a book titled "How Nigerians under develop Nigeria" by Rev. Fr. R N nwokeora. But b/4 now i've read "because i am i involve" by Dim Emeka Odimegwu Ojukwu. ,"verbatim report of Accra acord", "Why we struck" by major Ademoyega, "the death of C K Nzeogwu and causes of Nigeria civle war untold story" by Prof. Forsyth. And many read and maney moor unread. So keepon reading.
Re: What Books Are You Reading At The Moment-share It With Us by wealthlink(f): 10:45pm On Jul 02, 2009
it's often said that a man's life is shaped by the kind of books he reads or the one he failed to read. I love reading because they go a long way in helping me build myself.

At the moment i am studying some self discovery books:

1 21 Success Secrets of Self-made Millioniares by Brian Tracy
2 Above Life's Turmoil by James Allen
3 Cashflow eBusiness ( Secrets To Successful Business Online & Offline.

It's been worthwhile studying these books, each helps me deal with an aspect of life.
Cheers.
Re: What Books Are You Reading At The Moment-share It With Us by zibby(m): 3:48pm On Jul 05, 2009
I'm currently reading "Indian Summer" by Alex Von Tunzelmann.  It's an account of India's journey towards independence, the eventual partitioning of India and the aftermath of the whole process.  It follows the lives of Lord and Lady Mountbatten, Ghandi, Nehru and Jinnah (the first Gov. General of Pakistan), among others.

On the whole, it's a very interesting book, though a bit slow-moving at times.  I'm almost through, and quite enjoying it.
Re: What Books Are You Reading At The Moment-share It With Us by iniguy(m): 9:07pm On Jul 05, 2009
[color=#000099][/color] just finished reading The river between by Ngugi wa thiongo now into The 48 laws of power by Robert greene.
Re: What Books Are You Reading At The Moment-share It With Us by MrCrackles(m): 9:13pm On Jul 05, 2009
The meaning of the Quran - Checked and Revised by Mahmud Y Zayid! cool
Re: What Books Are You Reading At The Moment-share It With Us by SamMilla1(m): 8:31pm On Jul 06, 2009
memories of midnight - sidney sheldon
Re: What Books Are You Reading At The Moment-share It With Us by Uduak757: 4:43pm On Jun 26, 2015
The NYSC Experience by Henry Batubo, talented writer
>>>http://www.thenyscexperience.uk/chapter-1

(1) (Reply)

Do Not Walk Into This Room - A Short Story / / Are Kayode Ajala's stories true?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.