Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Pls I Need House Advice - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Pls I Need House Advice (1079 Views)

Nairaland, Pls I Need Help, I Want To Learn Programming Lagos If Free Or Cheap / Programmers In Da House Pls I Nid Ur Help / Pls I Need A Good Hacking Teacher. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Need House Advice by emmyleon007(m): 2:30pm On Dec 14, 2015
at 35years is it late for me to make a career switch to software programming.....I've deep interest in advance ict..i've science background with average computing knowledge...thanks
Re: Pls I Need House Advice by Fulaman198(m): 5:19pm On Dec 14, 2015
emmyleon007:
at 35years is it late for me to make a career switch to software programming.....I've deep interest in advance ict..i've science background with average computing knowledge...thanks

I don't think it's too late, better now than never right? You need to start using all your free time though to write programmes (or most of your free time).

I'm four years your junior, I feel that you are making the right decision as software engineers are in demand.
Re: Pls I Need House Advice by Dmayor7(m): 5:22pm On Dec 14, 2015
emmyleon007:

Not too late....

Age is a thing of the mind.....

You can be whatever you dream so far the passion and focus is there.
Re: Pls I Need House Advice by mexzony: 5:32pm On Dec 14, 2015
Bleep age and pursue your dreams.the only thing is you will need to use every inch of your time very wisely.
Good luck.
Re: Pls I Need House Advice by mexzony: 5:42pm On Dec 14, 2015
A piece of advice try to hire a very good programmer in whatever language you choose so that he will teach you and you would progress very fast so that you avoid all those pitfalls that new programmers go through.
The programmer should guide you on the right road so that you learn faster because if you try to do it on your own you may spend a lot of time figuring out stuffs that may waste your time unnesscearily considering your age. You need rapid programming development knowledge grin
Good luck
Re: Pls I Need House Advice by seunthomas: 9:26am On Dec 15, 2015
If you are very passionate about getting into programming, then its not to late. But if you are like most people who develop an interest solely for the benefits or gains in programming(which is most people), then it maybe too late. I recommend a career in consulting though(You dont need to code to be in ICT, just ensure you have a very sound knowledge of most aspects of IT). Its always best starting programming at a young age. The brain is more receptive at that stage. As you grow older attention span towards abstract stuff reduces drastically. Its possible to achieve this but i can promise it wont be a very easy task. Best of luck and hope you succeed in this endeavour.
Re: Pls I Need House Advice by Scholar01: 10:43am On Dec 15, 2015
A lot depends on whether you are learning it solely for the financial benefit it might bring, I suppose
Re: Pls I Need House Advice by DonSegmond(m): 1:25pm On Dec 15, 2015
It is never too late, but if you want to do this. You must be willing to dedicate yourself to it and hone your craft. Are you willing to dedicate at least 4 hours every day, non stop for the next 1 year? If you are, then you can do it. There are lots to learn, but it's very doable.
Re: Pls I Need House Advice by emmyleon007(m): 1:49pm On Dec 22, 2015
Thanks a lot house..i love u guys, i so much appreciate all ur advice..they are all quite helpful, the main reason I’m switching career into ICT(programming) is so as to find career fulfillment/purpose) not entirely for the financial gain..all ur advice are quite inspiring n indept….thanks and God bless u all

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need House Advice by Fulaman198(m): 4:44pm On Dec 22, 2015
emmyleon007:
Thanks a lot house..i love u guys, i so much appreciate all ur advice..they are all quite helpful, the main reason I’m switching career into ICT(programming) is so as to find career fulfillment/purpose) not entirely for the financial gain..all ur advice are quite inspiring n indept….thanks and God bless u all

You can and will do it. Just have to practice every day.

(1) (Reply)

Happy New Year To All Programmers In Nairaland / Semi-final Mr. NAIRALAND Contest 2016 - Vote Vizkiz / The Best Way To Create A Module In Magento 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.