Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,191 members, 7,953,682 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:06 PM

Before You Send Your Daughter Or Sister To A University In Ghana, Read These!!!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Before You Send Your Daughter Or Sister To A University In Ghana, Read These!!!! (2439 Views)

Would You Send Your Kids To This School? (Pictured) / Can You Send Your Child To This School ? (Photo) / Before You Send Your Daughter To A University In Ghana, Please Read This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before You Send Your Daughter Or Sister To A University In Ghana, Read These!!!! by ventnaija: 7:17pm On Dec 14, 2015

I was having my lunch in a restaurant in Accra this afternoon, when A friend started a discussion of what some of our female Nigerian students in Ghana have turned themselves into. I could not agree more. While the parents spend lots of money to ensure their daughters are comfortable and graduate with flying colours, their children have a different agenda.

There was this particular case of a young girl whose mother rented a 2-bedroom flat for her in Accra. My friend,said news just got to him this week, that this student slept with 5(five) guys at the same time and was still begging for more. She is always high on hard drugs. And, the mother, back in Nigeria will be boasting of her daughter, who is studying in Ghana. Oh, so pathetic.

Sadly to say, many of these young girls have become international prostitutes and seriously hooked on drugs. I mean what I am saying. And many people in Accra can bear me witness. Some of the mushroom universities attended by the students lack hostel facilities and the students are forced to rent accomodation thereby according them too much privacy which they are not matured enough to handle.

This issues also involves our boys. Some have become drug addicts, school dropouts and they still collect school fees from their parents.

Parents need to pay regular unexpected visit to their children and monitor them via phone calls at odd hours to find out where they are and what they are up to. If you a parent, you must never cease to pray for your children. And, if you are not sure of child’s behaviour, keep him or her close to you.

Culled From : http://ventnaija.net/2015/12/before-you-send-your-daughter-or-sister-to-a-university-in-ghana-you-have-to-read-this.html

1 Like

Re: Before You Send Your Daughter Or Sister To A University In Ghana, Read These!!!! by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 14, 2015
Last Days things must sha happen whether home or abroad
Re: Before You Send Your Daughter Or Sister To A University In Ghana, Read These!!!! by chocolateme(f): 7:23pm On Dec 14, 2015
Yes it's true..
Parents expecting "flying colours" no be only flying but jumping colours.

2 Likes

Re: Before You Send Your Daughter Or Sister To A University In Ghana, Read These!!!! by OlayinkaFawaz(m): 7:42pm On Dec 14, 2015
i'm seeing things
Re: Before You Send Your Daughter Or Sister To A University In Ghana, Read These!!!! by donifez(m): 7:51pm On Dec 14, 2015
This has been on front page few months,why recycling news. Make una allow Ghana rest ooh.

1 Like

Re: Before You Send Your Daughter Or Sister To A University In Ghana, Read These!!!! by ruggedtimi(m): 12:55am On Dec 15, 2015
i agree....bt is not only in ghana. Other countries too where nigerian students re dsame thng happens.Even in nigeria universities, it all depends on ur personality.
Re: Before You Send Your Daughter Or Sister To A University In Ghana, Read These!!!! by jaemshope: 6:34am On Dec 15, 2015
it all depends on ur personality.
Re: Before You Send Your Daughter Or Sister To A University In Ghana, Read These!!!! by Baba419(m): 7:26am On Dec 15, 2015
At least students in Ghana don't die every week from cultism or any other of the numerous vices that accompany schooling at home and any child that does not realize he is there temporarily na him do himself
Re: Before You Send Your Daughter Or Sister To A University In Ghana, Read These!!!! by hopara1(m): 11:03am On Dec 15, 2015
WHAT SHALL IT PROFIT A MAN
Re: Before You Send Your Daughter Or Sister To A University In Ghana, Read These!!!! by VocalWalls: 11:05am On Dec 15, 2015
Stale.
Re: Before You Send Your Daughter Or Sister To A University In Ghana, Read These!!!! by MhizLisaPosh(f): 11:25am On Dec 15, 2015
so tell me how this would stop the ongoing fuel scarcity?....Fact is the serious ones who knows what the came for n the family they are coming from will keep it 100√ kissso tell me how this would stop the ongoing fuel scarcity....Fact is the serious ones who knows what the came for n the family they are coming from will keep it 100√
Re: Before You Send Your Daughter Or Sister To A University In Ghana, Read These!!!! by Smartsyn(m): 12:20pm On Dec 15, 2015
You and your friends are nothing but gossips...
Re: Before You Send Your Daughter Or Sister To A University In Ghana, Read These!!!! by adexdon(m): 12:21pm On Dec 15, 2015
when I heard all diz kind story ...I pity rich parent too much...cuz if ur parent don't reach knw way they can send someone to go and sch outside d country...besides if u see a cultism or prostitute in sch...check dare background wella they are from rich family
Re: Before You Send Your Daughter Or Sister To A University In Ghana, Read These!!!! by Mcbussy(m): 2:39pm On Dec 15, 2015
If u ask me, I think only misfits go on exile...cos I can't actually call Ghana a greener "academic" pasture.

...but then, it's just my opinion.
Re: Before You Send Your Daughter Or Sister To A University In Ghana, Read These!!!! by SurefireAsoOke: 9:39pm On Dec 15, 2015
its not only in Ghana, once they are very far from home, it happens. That's why parents should always pay their child august visit while in school

For AsoOke, Check my Signature

(1) (Reply)

JAMB Change Of Course And Institution – When And How To Apply For It / How To Pass NIIT Scholarship Test Format, Sample Questions And Past Questions / School Resumption: ASUU Is Selfish! Private Schools/varsities Should Better Spea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.