Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,311 members, 7,815,564 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Check Engine Light On And Off - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Check Engine Light On And Off (1125 Views)

Top 6 Reasons Your Check Engine Light May Be On And Also Blinking / Top Reasons Why Your Car Check Engine Light Is On / Car Advice: What Does The Check Engine Light Mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Engine Light On And Off by gateleo(m): 8:17pm On Dec 15, 2015
Please the check engine light on my Toyota carmy 99 is on, I took the car for scan and the nothing special was detected. The light went off after the guy finished scanning.

Two days later, the light was up again and I took the car again for scan. When I got there, the guy removed the battery head for some minutes and placed it back. He said I should start the engine again and the Check Engine light came up and went off again.

Now, after some hours driving, the Check Engine will comes up again and if I remove the battery head and place back the Check Engine light will disappear.

Please what might be the problem? Any useful suggestions will be highly appreciated....

Thanks
Re: Check Engine Light On And Off by Piyke: 8:36pm On Dec 15, 2015
gateleo:
Please the check engine light on my Toyota carmy 99 is on, I took the car for scan and the nothing special was detected. The light went off after the guy finished scanning.

Two days later, the light was up again and I took the car again for scan. When I got there, the guy removed the battery head for some minutes and placed it back. He said I should start the engine again and the Check Engine light came up and went off again.

Now, after some hours driving, the Check Engine will comes up again and if I remove the battery head and place back the Check Engine light will disappear.

Please what might be the problem? Any useful suggestions will be highly appreciated....

Thanks

Stop removing the battery terminal, have the car scanned and post the code here
Re: Check Engine Light On And Off by gateleo(m): 9:22pm On Dec 15, 2015
Piyke:

Stop removing the battery terminal, have the car scanned and post the code here

Okay
Re: Check Engine Light On And Off by inze(m): 11:00pm On Dec 15, 2015
. . . more like, change where you do your scan. You're not getting any help there

1 Like

Re: Check Engine Light On And Off by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:49pm On Dec 15, 2015
Op, are you a learner?

You own the codes, what did you pay for?
Re: Check Engine Light On And Off by honmusa(m): 3:56am On Dec 16, 2015
gateleo:

Thanks
Get your own scanner and diagnose your car yourself with this scanner and analysis tool.
https://www.nairaland.com/2078663/bonanza-fastest-automobile-scanner-obdlink
Free shipping to any part of Nigeria

Re: Check Engine Light On And Off by gateleo(m): 3:18pm On Dec 16, 2015
I have scanned my car again and the trouble code is P0174.

The guy told me System Too Lean and i should tell my mechanic to check my oxygen sensor..

I will see my Mechanic later today......

Thank you all...
Re: Check Engine Light On And Off by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:58pm On Dec 16, 2015
gateleo:

The guy told me System Too Lean and i should tell my mechanic to check my oxygen sensor..

Thank you all...

Poor diagnosis. Look for leaking vacuum,
Re: Check Engine Light On And Off by honmusa(m): 1:55pm On Dec 17, 2015
gateleo:

Thank you all...
Also check for exhaust leak ,bad spark plug,EGR issue and low fuel pump pressure .

(1) (Reply)

Amazing N1 Billion Apollo Intensa Emozione Unveiled (photos) / Please, Save My Car!!! / Implication Of Number Plate And License in Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.