Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,580 members, 7,837,190 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

APPLY FOR 2016 MSC COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP IN SELECTED AFRICA & ASIA COUNTRIES - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / APPLY FOR 2016 MSC COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP IN SELECTED AFRICA & ASIA COUNTRIES (3785 Views)

Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK / APPLY FOR 2016/2017 MSC COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIPS IN MIDDLE INCOME COUNTRIES / APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APPLY FOR 2016 MSC COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP IN SELECTED AFRICA & ASIA COUNTRIES by DMainMan: 2:32am On Dec 16, 2015
Commonwealth Scholarships in low and middle income countries

2016 Commonwealth Scholarships

Applications are now open for Master’s scholarships for courses beginning in mid-2016 in:

Bangladesh
Ghana
Kenya
Lesotho
Malawi
Pakistan
Rwanda
Swaziland
Uganda

Closing date for applications: 29 February 2016
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 MSC COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP IN SELECTED AFRICA & ASIA COUNTRIES by DMainMan: 2:39am On Dec 16, 2015
ELIGIBILITY

Applicants must be a citizen of any Commonwealth country other than the host country.
Applicants must hold a first degree of upper second class standard (or above) in a discipline relevant to that in which study is proposed.

The scholarships provide:

Return economy airfare from the scholar’s home country to the host country
An arrival allowance of USD 500 to cover removal costs
Full tuition fees
A monthly/quarterly stipend intended to cover living costs, sustenance and local transport. Scholars will need to cover accommodation costs from their stipend.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 MSC COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP IN SELECTED AFRICA & ASIA COUNTRIES by DMainMan: 2:40am On Dec 16, 2015
How to apply

Email the completed application form to the email address detailed on the relevant country page above. With your application you should submit:

High school certificates
Undergraduate transcripts and graduation certificate
Scan of photo page of passport
Proof of English language ability if English is not your first language
At least one academic reference
University offer letter for the institution you have applied to, if you already have one
University admission

If possible you should have already applied to the university for admission to your desired course when you submit the scholarship application. Any scholarship offer will be provisional upon the applicant being able to obtain unconditional admission to the relevant course to start by mid-2016. Contact the university for information on course application deadlines.

To find out more

Send any enquiries to the contact email address given for each host country. The ACU cannot respond to enquiries.

Following your application

Successful applicants will be notified within three months of the closing date.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 MSC COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP IN SELECTED AFRICA & ASIA COUNTRIES by DMainMan: 2:42am On Dec 16, 2015
Other important information

The scholarships are for Master’s courses only and are not applicable to distance learning courses. The scholarships are for new students only and cannot be used to fund a course you have already started. No additional funding will be provided for scholars with families.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 MSC COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP IN SELECTED AFRICA & ASIA COUNTRIES by DMainMan: 2:56am On Dec 16, 2015
To download the application form, click below:

https://www.acu.ac.uk/focus-areas/scholarships/commonwealth-scholarships/application-form

For other information, come here:

https://www.acu.ac.uk/focus-areas/scholarships/commonwealth-scholarships/

OTHER OPPORTUNITIES

a. INDIA, BRUNEI AND CHINA MSC AND PHD SCHOLARSHIP CURRENTLY ONGOING

b. Tony Elumelu Free Enterpreneurship $10,000 Grant Application for 1,000 Africans to begin January 2016

b. Another application for CommonWealth scholarship will be opening in April 2016 for courses beginning in January/February 2017 in:

South Africa
Sri Lanka
University of the South Pacific (Fiji & Samoa)

and many more:

FOR INFORMATION ON SCHOLARSHIP, INTERNSHIP, EMPOWERMENT AND MANY MORE:

Come to DMainMan Enterprise/Foundation facebook page and like it

http://facebook.com/dmainmanfoundation.

Good luck
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 MSC COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP IN SELECTED AFRICA & ASIA COUNTRIES by ignis: 6:17am On Dec 16, 2015
Following. ...
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 MSC COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP IN SELECTED AFRICA & ASIA COUNTRIES by DatechMan(m): 7:06am On Dec 16, 2015
Pakistan
Chai!
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 MSC COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP IN SELECTED AFRICA & ASIA COUNTRIES by minasota(f): 8:22am On Dec 16, 2015
I have a respect for scholarship and learning but i'm turning down a scholarship to pakistan

1 Like

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 MSC COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP IN SELECTED AFRICA & ASIA COUNTRIES by emmahoney(m): 8:27am On Dec 16, 2015
Let me dust my credentials...
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 MSC COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP IN SELECTED AFRICA & ASIA COUNTRIES by lantessy(m): 9:07am On Dec 16, 2015
minasota:
I have a respect for scholarship and
learning but i'm turning down a scholarship to pakistan
cheesy grin
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 MSC COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP IN SELECTED AFRICA & ASIA COUNTRIES by TopeQs: 11:30am On Dec 16, 2015
minasota:
I have a respect for scholarship and
learning but i'm turning down a scholarship to pakistan

please......it'll be good.
life's good, don't forget........undecidedlipsrsealed
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 MSC COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP IN SELECTED AFRICA & ASIA COUNTRIES by ProudOlodo: 6:14pm On Dec 16, 2015
minasota:
I have a respect for scholarship and learning but i'm turning down a scholarship to pakistan
As in ehn grin...I'll choose Kenya before Pakistan
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 MSC COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP IN SELECTED AFRICA & ASIA COUNTRIES by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 16, 2015
ProudOlodo:

As in ehn grin...I'll choose Kenya before Pakistan
hehehe but pakistan might turn out better than kenya. Anyway not interested in the selected countries.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 MSC COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP IN SELECTED AFRICA & ASIA COUNTRIES by DMainMan: 11:19pm On Dec 16, 2015
If I were to apply, Ghana will be my choice. You can easily come back to Nigeria when it is not safe.

With the high value of british pounds sterling that will be received and considerable low cost of living in Ghana, I will be able to save a lot of money which can be more than a million naira when I come back.

Choose only competent schools with no strike record. You might even want to apply to a high class private university that does Masters for a year as your full tuition fees will be paid. You might want to ask commonwealth if you are can apply there.

Most Public Africa and Asia universities spend more than one year and you wouldn't want to waste time.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 MSC COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP IN SELECTED AFRICA & ASIA COUNTRIES by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 17, 2015
DMainMan:
If I were to apply, Ghana will be my choice. You can easily come back to Nigeria when it is not safe.

With the high value of british pounds sterling that will be received and considerable low cost of living in Ghana, I will be able to save a lot of money which can be more than a million naira when I come back.

Choose only competent schools with no strike record. You might even want to apply to a high class private university that does Masters for a year as your full tuition fees will be paid. You might want to ask commonwealth if you are can apply there.

Most Public Africa and Asia universities spend more than one year and you wouldn't want to waste time.

Noted
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 MSC COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP IN SELECTED AFRICA & ASIA COUNTRIES by Tjesctacy(m): 7:57am On Dec 19, 2015
Do we need to write english eligibility test to get admitted into this African universities especially those in kenya?
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 MSC COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP IN SELECTED AFRICA & ASIA COUNTRIES by distinguished1(m): 8:08pm On Dec 19, 2015
From my findings, Pakistan is the most educationally developed among those nations.

(1) (Reply)

Dpr Recruitment / Nupec Nigeria / Vacancies At IHS Towers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.