Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,598 members, 7,816,485 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria (17257 Views)

I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3 Weeks & Lost All. Please Help! / 5 Major Mistakes Graduates Make In Their First Job Interviews / After Over 20 Job Interviews, God Answered My Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by sefiureal(m): 6:27pm On Dec 21, 2015
harrysterol:
They was a day i paid a flight ticket from Lagos to Abuja only to discover it was GNLD undecided
bros, if I were you I would turn the hall they used to a chaos.
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by zizirecords(m): 6:44pm On Dec 21, 2015
[quote author=Suigeneris93 post=41060411]They were serious o! And dey expected me to happily collect d job cos accrding to dem dey had more qualified applicants fr d job. They wanted to do me a favour...anyways I left dem to do the favour to themselves and their family members since dey are so impoverished
[quote]
What's your qualification? Can you relocate to Abuja? Do you have any experience?

I may be able to help.
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by tosyne2much(m): 6:54pm On Dec 21, 2015
Sheikwonder:
This is so funny...12k??

Chai!

Imagine what it would then be like if the minimum wage was brought down from 18k as those governors are proposing....employers would be paying workers via recharge card... At the end of the month you would be seeing MTN transfer alert of #2500
Hahahahah lmao cheesy
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 21, 2015
[quote author=zizirecords post=41216280][/quote]

BA(English) I can't
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by Sheikwonder(m): 7:24pm On Dec 21, 2015
Suigeneris93:

BA(English) I can't

I suggest you do ur job interactions via mail correspondence. It's safer and much confidential,if you dig me...
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 21, 2015
Sheikwonder:

I suggest you do ur job interactions via mail correspondence. It's safer and much confidential,if you dig me...

Yea...I usually do
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:56pm On Dec 21, 2015
Geesammy:

Dats ridiculous for a graduate considering the task u will be required to perform and infact dat amount can't even feed u alone accurately let alone to drop some spills for ur loved ones who may sometimes look up to u as being a working class and to worsen it all how many years will it take u recoup ur cost of education... I dnt blame employers dis days its because of the mentality of getting something doing dat has gone viral which in turn make graduate laylow for loathsome offers....though I work with a private firm too bt atleast its nt dat bad for a start, PM me let's see if ur discipline can get u a space at the 2016 recruitment....#MayGodBlessOurHustle

Mumu, if she was a guy, would u ask him to pm you?

2 Likes

Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by omarky(m): 8:10pm On Dec 21, 2015
There is this Job my coxin introduced me to. Its a post of store keeper @ a construction site. I met the site Engineer, we spoke. He z he's gonna pay me #10,000 a month and am going to work 12hours everyday including Sundays. He z dt is what he's paying a youth corper and that he only consider me cos of the person who brought me. He didn't allow me to talk. Meanwhile, my TP to the site per month will cost mie #12, 000. Very ridiculous. I left d sh*t......., sorry site without telling ma cox.
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by banio: 8:30pm On Dec 21, 2015
This is one of the reasons that make corruption strive. #12K as salary is an insult considering that the Hotel could pay more. Imagine U are working there, why won't U look for loop holes to increase ur monthly take home. Some firms are aware of the fact that employees carry out frauds that's why they pay paltry sums. Anyway its well with Nigeria.
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 21, 2015
omarky:
There is this Job my coxin introduced me to. Its a post of store keeper @ a construction site. I met the site Engineer, we spoke. He z he's gonna pay me #10,000 a month and am going to work 12hours everyday including Sundays. He z dt is what he's paying a youth corper and that he only consider me cos of the person who brought me. He didn't allow me to talk. Meanwhile, my TP to the site per month will cost mie #12, 000. Very ridiculous. I left d sh*t......., sorry site without telling ma cox.

Na wa o...dis is plain wickedness
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by myk2mic: 8:36pm On Dec 21, 2015
Suigeneris93:

Yea...I usually do
Hw abt marketing in for a firm in ikeja.can u do dat. Pm me,so I can give u details
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 21, 2015
banio:
This is one of the reasons that make corruption strive. #12K as salary is an insult considering that the Hotel could pay more. Imagine U are working there, why won't U look for loop holes to increase ur monthly take home. Some firms are aware of the fact that employees carry out frauds that's why they pay paltry sums. Anyway its well with Nigeria.

It is well o
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 21, 2015
myk2mic:

Hw abt marketing in for a firm in ikeja.can u do dat. Pm me,so I can give u details

Nope I can't, sorry
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by harrysterol(m): 9:06pm On Dec 21, 2015
Suigeneris93:

Abeg how did u come back?
babe if i tell you how i take come back, you'll weep for me
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:22pm On Dec 21, 2015
harrysterol:
babe if i tell you how i take come back, you'll weep for me

Chai! DiarizGodoooo
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by prejulsuc(f): 10:01pm On Dec 21, 2015
Suigeneris93:
They were serious o! And dey expected me to happily collect d job cos accrding to dem dey had more qualified applicants fr d job. They wanted to do me a favour...anyways I left dem to do the favour to themselves and their family members since dey are so impoverished

If someone take that kind of job,people will be seen you going to work every morning not knowing you are suffering. When u need favour from anyone they will first say,he is working now.Unknown to them u are suffering.Pls bro try and learn a skill,it will save you all the stress looking for job in this country is hell.
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by omarky(m): 10:25pm On Dec 21, 2015
Suigeneris93:

Na wa o...dis is plain wickedness

U can say that again! Wickedness of the highest order
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by ewosk: 11:08pm On Dec 21, 2015
Just when you think your case is worse... U see something like this....

Sometimes i wonder if going to school was an error... After all the stress and time spent (ASUU) even elongated things..... One is offered what he can earn as a SSCE or JSCE holder.... Which way Nigeria.....

Go learn a skill is now trending.... Initially na people with blockhead dey learn work...
But change is here...

E GO BETTER

1 Like

Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by myk2mic: 11:26pm On Dec 21, 2015
Suigeneris93:

Nope I can't, sorry
No prob, its actually an IT firm looking to employ marketers though not gnld lol.wish u the best in ur search
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:38pm On Dec 21, 2015
myk2mic:

No prob, its actually an IT firm looking to employ marketers though not gnld lol.wish u the best in ur search

Lol,ok. Thanks
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:40pm On Dec 21, 2015
prejulsuc:
If someone take that kind of job,people will be seen you going to work every morning not knowing you are suffering. When u need favour from anyone they will first say,he is working now.Unknown to them u are suffering.Pls bro try and learn a skill,it will save you all the stress looking for job in this country is hell.

Lol. Alright

1 Like

Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by adelujohn(m): 12:07am On Dec 22, 2015
That's Why there's a clarion call to shift from being a job seeker to being a job Creator.
Though, I tell u: starting ur own biz don't always promise immediate enjoyment like When u get a job. But in the long run, it's the best: personal and financial freedom, security, right to decision, being in control, helping the economy grow instead of just zapping it...(we know them)...
So, let's wake up. If u have a job, maintain it but start STH small. You can quit your job When ur biz is strong enough. If u think u are not that 'business oriented person', and think u can't run a biz (sincerely not everybody is meant to be entrepreneur ), u can look for investment opportunities to earn passive income. it at least put u above the average salary person.
Bottom line: Whether u av a job currently or planning to get one, Just know that relying on that ALONE is a sure way to financial 'cage'.

1 Like

Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by fatheritunu: 12:11pm On Dec 22, 2015
free2ryhme:

when better don set una go dey code
Lol, *cant stop laughing*
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by intuit(f): 1:30pm On Dec 22, 2015
I needed an audit firm to work as a trainee, so someone advise I Google names of firms online and their #, I did and put a call through to few of them... so I got to talk to this particular one, I was asked to come the next day with my Cv, the next morning was a Friday I went there early so I can come back home early enough to be able to say my jumat prayer, when I got there I met with the man I spoke to he have jst 2 staffs, one was like a messenger, the other is d main staff but he's still a student and he well be going back to school soon so my timing was right....He asked few questions abt me, he went through my Cv and he was like it's OK for the post... Then he said he could only pay 20k since I am here to learn from him, plus we will be working late, and also we will be travelling alot, then he asked if I was in a relationship and if my bf is a jealous one etc... After all this he said he need to talk to his partner abt me, and he will decide with him if they could increase the salary, fortunately the partner came and he introduced me to the man, first thing the man asked was the uni i graduated from, I told him Olabisi Onabanjo University, and he was like that's not a school, that he's very sure I don't know anything, he told the other man to give me an essay to write... so he asked me to write the duties of an Accountant in a depressed economy, Me wey dey read for Ican exams wey all the duties of an accountant they hot for my head... I defined, I wrote duties, related it to a depressed economy, I gave it to this man, and he went through it, and was like I said it, you can never know anything.... Mehn I wanted to die, onto 20k the man jst they burn my rep anyhow... he later said I am too fine, that I won't be working that guys will jst be lining up in d front of the office... instead of him to jst say we can't employ u, he was jst putting me down.... Anywaiz, I left and they called me for days to come resume with d 20k pay, and I told them it's not fine for me.....
Re: The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 22, 2015
intuit:
I needed an audit firm to work as a trainee, so someone advise I Google names of firms online and their #, I did and put a call through to few of them... so I got to talk to this particular one, I was asked to come the next day with my Cv, the next morning was a Friday I went there early so I can come back home early enough to be able to say my jumat prayer, when I got there I met with the man I spoke to he have jst 2 staffs, one was like a messenger, the other is d main staff but he's still a student and he well be going back to school soon so my timing was right....He asked few questions abt me, he went through my Cv and he was like it's OK for the post... Then he said he could only pay 20k since I am here to learn from him, plus we will be working late, and also we will be travelling alot, then he asked if I was in a relationship and if my bf is a jealous one etc... After all this he said he need to talk to his partner abt me, and he will decide with him if they could increase the salary, fortunately the partner came and he introduced me to the man, first thing the man asked was the uni i graduated from, I told him Olabisi Onabanjo University, and he was like that's not a school, that he's very sure I don't know anything, he told the other man to give me an essay to write... so he asked me to write the duties of an Accountant in a depressed economy, Me wey dey read for Ican exams wey all the duties of an accountant they hot for my head... I defined, I wrote duties, related it to a depressed economy, I gave it to this man, and he went through it, and was like I said it, you can never know anything.... Mehn I wanted to die, onto 20k the man jst they burn my rep anyhow... he later said I am too fine, that I won't be working that guys will jst be lining up in d front of the office... instead of him to jst say we can't employ u, he was jst putting me down.... Anywaiz, I left and they called me for days to come resume with d 20k pay, and I told them it's not fine for me.....

Can u imagine? Serves them right!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Has Anyone Downloaded The Acceptance Letter On N-Power Portal / Towards a Virgin Nigeria Career (Jobs Available) / Scam And Fake Employers And Recruitment Agencies Operating In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.