Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Power Steering Issue - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Power Steering Issue (1471 Views)

My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil / Power Steering Issues: Tips On How To Fix It / What To Do If Your Steering Fails While Driving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Steering Issue by king406(m): 7:26pm On Dec 16, 2015
While driving in a hold up today, my steering suddenly became very hard, I managed to get out of the traffic and stopped to check what was going on,I decided to check the power steering fluid and it was very low, almost finished, so I bought a new ABRO steering fluid and topped it up. Now the issue I'm having is that the steering only hardens up when I'm not moving but as soon as I start moving it becomes very soft. A mechanic told me that I need to bleed the power steering system. Has anyone ever encountered this? Please help me with solutions, oga gazzuzz where u dey?
2006 mercedes benz c230 sport
Re: Power Steering Issue by kkkossy(m): 8:01pm On Dec 16, 2015
I am having the same issue with my car as well. I had to buy a new pump. The fluidity of the steering was restored. But after some weeks it became stiff again in traffic but becomes soft when the car is in motion.
Re: Power Steering Issue by nurey(m): 8:45am On Dec 17, 2015
I need to follow this thread. I also have the same issue with my Nissan Almera, but after I searched and found info on the reason why, most were adamant pump needs to be changed, why some said fuse associated with power steering. But I will advice you consult a good mechanic.

My own case is funny, when the car isn't moving, the steering is stiff, reverse is the case while moving, after a week, I decided to investigate and I released a lever under the steering and now everything is back to default, but the mecho I consulted said it needs servicing, when I am bucksed up, I will fix it.
Re: Power Steering Issue by king406(m): 7:37pm On Dec 17, 2015
So the problem is actually the PS pump which costs 35k new and 22k Belgium. The mechanic said that the Belgium part is better than the new one, is that really true?why do Mechanics always claim that Belgium parts are better than new ones?
Re: Power Steering Issue by mayor2013: 7:41pm On Dec 17, 2015
king406:
So the problem is actually the PS pump which costs 35k new and 22k Belgium. The mechanic said that the Belgium part is better than the new one, is that really true?why do Mechanics always claim that Belgium parts are better than new ones?

Sunstandard parts every where, if you re quoted a brand new ps pump for 80k would you buy it?
Re: Power Steering Issue by king406(m): 8:08pm On Dec 17, 2015
mayor2013:

Sunstandard parts every where, if you re quoted a brand new ps pump for 80k would you buy it?
if it is the genuine part for the car and won't give any problem again unless not properly maintained, why not
Re: Power Steering Issue by seyiaderinto(m): 9:10pm On Dec 18, 2015
king406:
While driving in a hold up today, my steering suddenly became very hard, I managed to get out of the traffic and stopped to check what was going on,I decided to check the power steering fluid and it was very low, almost finished, so I bought a new ABRO steering fluid and topped it up. Now the issue I'm having is that the steering only hardens up when I'm not moving but as soon as I start moving it becomes very soft. A mechanic told me that I need to bleed the power steering system. Has anyone ever encountered this? Please help me with solutions, oga gazzuzz where u dey?
2006 mercedes benz c230 sport
about d steering stiffness u ought to. Bleed out trapped air in the system but if it persists get anoda ps pump

(1) (Reply)

Who Mimick The Honda Accord Better! / Horrible Road Accidents Compilation... Videos And Pix...graphic / Envio Cotrac : We Install Car Trackers In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.