Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,416 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba (37947 Views)

Ijesa Indigenes In Canada Elect Okey Paulicap Okeke, Igbo Man As President / Non-Indigenes Barred From Ikorodu For 4 Days / Kids Cartoon In Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages(Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba by BUSHHUNTER: 11:48am On Dec 17, 2015
Ion giv a shlt abt cubans
Re: The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba by YabaLeftist: 11:49am On Dec 17, 2015
Très bien.
Re: The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba by wx9Z: 11:50am On Dec 17, 2015
Re: The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba by obidevine(m): 11:54am On Dec 17, 2015
If all these indigenous diverse cultures can truly work hand in hand , Nigeria will definitely be greater than a lot of western countries. My fellow nairalanders let's keep tribal sentiment aside and put our backs into moving Nigeria forward.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba by Nicepoker(m): 11:54am On Dec 17, 2015
Ekpe masquerade is a cult in cross river state. Calabar to be precise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba by Lilimax(f): 11:55am On Dec 17, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
Igbos and yorubas.....instead of working together,thy are fighting...they ar both blessed anyway.....unless thee come together,the north will continue to dominate...spoilt brats binkering
I've said it times without number that the fight between Igbos and Yorubas are only on the political terrain. They unite in every other thing be it marriage,food, church, school, etc.
Only a novice takes their on-line fight serious embarassed

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba by iceberryose(m): 11:56am On Dec 17, 2015
So igbo's and yorubas can live together in another man's country but they'll be fighting each other in their own country. Na wa o

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba by Bobbysmicky(m): 11:58am On Dec 17, 2015
Odinma
Re: The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba by babyfaceafrica: 11:59am On Dec 17, 2015
Lilimax:
I've said it times without number that the fight between Igbos and Yorubas are only on the political terrain. They unite in every other thing be it marriage,food, church, school, etc.
Only a novice takes their on-line fight serious embarassed
confirm!!!...no mind them...behaving like kids

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba by Lilimax(f): 11:59am On Dec 17, 2015
YabaLeftist:
Très bien.
ile magnifique embarassed
Re: The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba by YabaLeftist: 12:03pm On Dec 17, 2015
Lilimax:
ile magnifique embarassed

Oui ma chérie, il est très magnifique. wink
Re: The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba by abuhikmat(m): 12:03pm On Dec 17, 2015
obidevine:

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/incredible-in-the-caribbean-islands-indigenes-speak-igbo-yoruba/
I read the report and I enjoyed it.The shape of the faces of the ladies looks like us.Well done,how can we get a Visa to visit Cuba.

1 Like

Re: The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba by luckyboss(m): 12:04pm On Dec 17, 2015
I was proud to be a Nigerian but now the other option(....)is my choice.

1 Like

Re: The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba by anonimi: 12:07pm On Dec 17, 2015
The descendants of SLAVES that were sold by their own kiths and kins to the white men in exchange for mirrors, dry gin & whiskey, guns, cloth etc.
Meanwhile today, the descendants of those who captured and sold their brethren are risking their lives to cross the desert and the Mediterranean Sea to become VOLUNTARY slaves of UNDER-employment. embarassed embarassed

What a terrible legacy for black people.
When shall we be truly wise?
When

www.nairaland.com/attachments/399962_slave_ship_jpg022909386cee93d31574d6a1487b123d

www.nairaland.com/attachments/553278_Heritage_Museum_jpgc602b7407d70569378f3fd4f974b979c

www.nairaland.com/attachments/70473_na_wa_oo_jpge8e1655db3ed5e96b185f48001954bed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 17, 2015
Does it Mean that my #Daura peepz no de nairaland?? I've never seen them comment.
click like if you have noticed it too. undecidedDoes it Mean that my #Daura peepz no de nairaland?? I've never seen them comment.
click like if you have noticed it too.
Re: The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba by cho25bc(f): 12:15pm On Dec 17, 2015
Proudly Nigerian
Proudly Yoruba

Ur Windows upgrade? No worries. Just check my signature

1 Like

Re: The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba by iykemontee(m): 12:19pm On Dec 17, 2015
nno nwa-nnem
ambassadorgozie:
IGBO KWENU
Re: The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 17, 2015
These two tribes, especially the flat headed ones, are the pple destroying our image outside Nigeria!
Re: The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba by AreaFada2: 12:25pm On Dec 17, 2015
cool
Re: The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba by gift1108(f): 12:25pm On Dec 17, 2015
I'm proud of my colour as a black woman,I'm proud of my country,I'm proud of my tribe

5 Likes

Re: The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba by Nobody: 12:29pm On Dec 17, 2015
Passy089:
Does it Mean that my #Daura peepz no de nairaland?? I've never seen them comment.
click like if you have noticed it too. undecidedDoes it Mean that my #Daura peepz no de nairaland?? I've never seen them comment.
click like if you have noticed it too.
we ve them a lot! But jus that they re not as clownish as folk Yoloba and yeeboo folks! @PROUDSOUTHSOUTH#
Re: The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 17, 2015
Macof

1 Like

Re: The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba by obidevine(m): 12:34pm On Dec 17, 2015
Nigeria !!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba by Adonis86(m): 12:38pm On Dec 17, 2015
Also in an American movie "pets detective" Ace venturer ;he travelled to Namibia in southern Africa where they spoke their local dialects which has igbo meaning as translated. It was strange to me.
Re: The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba by PrinceAlex001(m): 12:49pm On Dec 17, 2015
Few months ago i stumbled on a group of musician called IBEYI (meaning Twins *Ibeji*) from Cuba; they sing in Yoruba. They even sang with ASA at a concert in France. It is good to know all these... You can check out one of their songs on Youtube titled OYA. You will be inspired...
Proudly Oduduwa.
Respect to the Biafrans

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba by dennistar(m): 12:51pm On Dec 17, 2015
The EKPE belongs to the EFIKS not the igbos

2 Likes

Re: The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba by obidevine(m): 1:02pm On Dec 17, 2015
PrinceAlex001:
Few months ago i stumbled on a group of musician called IBEYI (meaning Twins *Ibeji*) from Cuba; they sing in Yoruba. They even sang with ASA at a concert in France. It is good to know all these... You can check out one of their songs on Youtube titled OYA. You will be inspired...
Proudly Oduduwa.
Respect to the Biafrans
.. I listened to that song with asa , very nice song.

1 Like

Re: The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba by cirmuell(m): 1:04pm On Dec 17, 2015
laprince:
You can say we may not be very well travelled, but I can bet it that Nigerians are WIDELY travelled .

We can't afford to loose the Igbos oo. We all need each other to shine brighter as a nation.

but they say they don't wanna be of you guys anymore, didan ni?
Re: The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba by rigarmortis: 1:52pm On Dec 17, 2015
Nicepoker:
Ekpe masquerade is a cult in cross river state. Calabar to be precise.

yes, but many parts of igboland practice ekpe, in places like abiriba, arochuchukwu and many more, ekpe is the cult men enter into instead of the ozo titleship as practiced by some anambra and Enugu parts.

infact, in some parts of bende, the long cloth tied over a long stick is to a height signals the outing of other masquerade, passers by who are 'MEN' must shout ekpe muo in greeting before they pass.

It must come from cross rivers side though, cos the old elders chant the incantations in a cross river/akwa ibom language before they signal the outing.

then others in Igbo I can understand.

3 Likes

Re: The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba by rigarmortis: 1:52pm On Dec 17, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
confirm!!!...no mind them...behaving like kids

I take these e-fights serious.
Re: The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba by babyfaceafrica: 2:15pm On Dec 17, 2015
rigarmortis:

I take these e-fights serious.
why?
Re: The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba by Lilimax(f): 2:16pm On Dec 17, 2015
YabaLeftist:

Oui ma chérie, il est très magnifique. wink
Qui est votre chérie? .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anambra Man's Corpse Abandoned In Taraba For Not Being Member Of Igbo Union (Pic / Elizabeth Odunlami: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Denies Marriage Promise / Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Keeping Fit (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.