Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,435 members, 7,812,296 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

My Wedding Cake Contract: Should I Give It To My Ex? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wedding Cake Contract: Should I Give It To My Ex? (1802 Views)

"I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" / Sadiya Lawal's Divorce Story: "I Was Still A Virgin, 3 Years After My Wedding" / "I Will Die, If I Give My Wife Money" - Man Tells Lagos Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wedding Cake Contract: Should I Give It To My Ex? by tallfish145(m): 2:04pm On Dec 17, 2015
I am about getting married in the next two months. All preparations have been made,but who to take care of the wedding cake is left undecided,because i learn't it is one of the most sensitive items the couples need. Now my ex-girl friend,who i left few years ago(though on mutual agreement) is into cake making and wants to handle our wedding cake by herself. Should i allow her to take up the contract?
Re: My Wedding Cake Contract: Should I Give It To My Ex? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Dec 17, 2015
you are on a long thing, we dont want to hear story that touches the heart o

3 Likes

Re: My Wedding Cake Contract: Should I Give It To My Ex? by ATMC(f): 2:10pm On Dec 17, 2015
NO!
Re: My Wedding Cake Contract: Should I Give It To My Ex? by Florblu(f): 2:10pm On Dec 17, 2015
You know her more than we do,if you think she's evil don't give it to her.
Btw,if she's gonna do any evil it will be to you and not to your guest as she will be the first suspect IF anything happens to your guest.
Re: My Wedding Cake Contract: Should I Give It To My Ex? by TV01(m): 2:13pm On Dec 17, 2015
tallfish145:
I am about getting married in the next two months. All preparations have been made,but who to take care of the wedding cake is left undecided,because i learn't it is one of the most sensitive items the couples need. Now my ex-girl friend,who i left few years ago(though on mutual agreement) is into cake making and wants to handle our wedding cake by herself. Should i allow her to take up the contract?
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah shocked!

Ask you wife to take care of the wedding cake arrangement.

If she knows your ex, codedly ask her who she is using, if it sounds like your ex, steer her away from that idea by whatewver means necessary.

Not a risk even worth entertaining. Better your ex vexes for you eternally than to consider it. What are you thinking?

TV
Re: My Wedding Cake Contract: Should I Give It To My Ex? by leshluap(m): 2:14pm On Dec 17, 2015
U can give it a try, if u are lucky she might deliver it on sunday morning (a day after the wedding). Then during your wedding anniversary u wud av learnt ur lesson.........whats wrong in allowing a neutral person to do it for u.. probably u want a reduced price or even at no cost, as her contribution to ur success...( oyo 4 u)..it might be her chance to pay u back, especially if she is still single....

6 Likes

Re: My Wedding Cake Contract: Should I Give It To My Ex? by Chommieblaq(f): 2:14pm On Dec 17, 2015
If u guys parted on mutual agreement, then it's no big deal, it's business and nothing more.

But u have to consult your wife to be first to know her stake bout it, if she doesn't like the idea, then look for another another person to bake it.
Re: My Wedding Cake Contract: Should I Give It To My Ex? by kajoula(m): 2:16pm On Dec 17, 2015
Please don't try it......
THE HEART OF MAN IS WICKED, WHO CAN KNOW IT.

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Cake Contract: Should I Give It To My Ex? by kilokeys(m): 2:20pm On Dec 17, 2015
Strong sh*t and brown cake look alike when covered with icing sugar..

Enjoy

3 Likes

Re: My Wedding Cake Contract: Should I Give It To My Ex? by missKiffy(f): 2:21pm On Dec 17, 2015
This sounds funny tho, but if you feel you trust her go ahead, but to avoid stories that touch the heart just like someone said give it to a neutral person, remember she will give a short speech at the reception being the cake maker, will she be comfortable with it, will you be comfortable with it, will your wife to be, be comfortable with it, those are the questions you need to ask yourself. Give it to a neutral person, i would suggest, no hard feelings

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Cake Contract: Should I Give It To My Ex? by hob(m): 2:21pm On Dec 17, 2015
CAPITAL NO
Re: My Wedding Cake Contract: Should I Give It To My Ex? by Adamma22(f): 4:01pm On Dec 17, 2015
Op are u igbo? If yes, i'd like u to listen to a song titled Mme Mme by Ifeanyi Ibeabuchi. Then maybe you'll learn one or two lessons from it.

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Cake Contract: Should I Give It To My Ex? by flyca: 5:33pm On Dec 17, 2015
Sand sand cake loading..... 80% cool
Re: My Wedding Cake Contract: Should I Give It To My Ex? by tpiar: 5:36pm On Dec 17, 2015
if you like.

what's your fear?
Re: My Wedding Cake Contract: Should I Give It To My Ex? by tpiar: 5:37pm On Dec 17, 2015
ATMC:
NO!

i wonder why he needs to be told.
Re: My Wedding Cake Contract: Should I Give It To My Ex? by Fejok01(f): 5:41pm On Dec 17, 2015
Please don't even try it. My elder brother made this same mistake and by Sunday that is the day after the wedding, the cake was rotten.

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Cake Contract: Should I Give It To My Ex? by Chidoks(f): 5:57pm On Dec 17, 2015
I think say na woman matter be that.
Re: My Wedding Cake Contract: Should I Give It To My Ex? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Dec 17, 2015
I thought you said you were married and just had a kid the other time?

√√√√√√√√

tallfish145:
I got married about 5years ago.After one year,God blessed us a baby girl.My mother-in-law quickly rushed to our home for child visiting as is usually the custom of our people.During the visit,she would demand any thing she desires,like roasted chicken,fried rice,juice,early morning hot tea and many more,which i hardly provide due to my financial status.When finally she was about to leave,she gave me a list of things to buy for her like different colors of ankara,lace,bags,shoes,necklace and edibles.Still due to my financial status,i wasn't able to provide all she requires.She left angrily without giving me a notice.Though my wife was an understanding woman.Now,we had another child and my mother-in-law had sworn not to come except i agreed to provide her with she needs.What should i do friends?

??

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Cake Contract: Should I Give It To My Ex? by ifyalways(f): 6:57pm On Dec 17, 2015
@OP, No.

There are plenty bakers here, contact them eg Taryour, Mariecakes,Cyhamcakes

2 Likes

Re: My Wedding Cake Contract: Should I Give It To My Ex? by Ursino(f): 7:03pm On Dec 17, 2015
Try it at your own risk; but then, don't come back here complaining
Re: My Wedding Cake Contract: Should I Give It To My Ex? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Dec 17, 2015
yes please do. good idea. just make sure there is an ambulance parked outside the venue in case... undecided
Re: My Wedding Cake Contract: Should I Give It To My Ex? by Miami11: 8:22pm On Dec 17, 2015
Ioannes:
yes please do. good idea. just make sure there is an ambulance parked outside the venue in case... undecided

Make sure you buy peptobismo and anti diarrheal pills in plenty all visitors will need them

I have a friend that sayed she served his ex boyfriend urine mixed with ice tea lol
Re: My Wedding Cake Contract: Should I Give It To My Ex? by tpiar: 8:25pm On Dec 17, 2015
Chidoks:
I think say na woman matter be that.

no more separation of genders.

what woman can do, man can do better.
Re: My Wedding Cake Contract: Should I Give It To My Ex? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 17, 2015
Ask your fiancée on what she thinks about you getting your ex to bake her wedding cake.

Im sure we both know what the answer will be cool

There are hundreds of bakers around. . . what is your ex baking that no one else can?

Would you be cool if your fiancées ex sewed your traditional outfit?

Why do you want to start your married life with blots and mistrust?
Re: My Wedding Cake Contract: Should I Give It To My Ex? by toksbisola: 10:01pm On Dec 17, 2015
@Op; humans are unpredictable; having said that, why would you want your EX to bake your wedding cake; WHATEVER FOR? PACK IT IN MATE; AND AVOID WALKING DOWN THAT PATH TO AVOID STORIES THAT TOUCH/HURT.

Aside that, have you spoken to your wife to be about it? I CAN GUARANTEE YOU THAT SHE WON’T BE TOO PLEASED IF SHE HEARS THAT. She’s a woman; and some woman won’t take something like that likely; so don’t go spoiling the mood of your wife to be.

Trouble is sleeping and you just wanna go wake it up for nothing. I wonder how you would feel if your wife to be uses her EX as your MC or for any other important role for your wedding; I'm pretty sure you won't like it. I just don’t understand why people can’t stay clear of their EXs. If they were that good they’ll be married to them as against them being an EX.

As for your EX who’s ever so pleasant to want to bake your cake, I wonder how she would feel if her husband to be’s EX is the one baking her own wedding cake; your guess is as good as mine. Besides, I wonder what your EX would be so eager to do for you next? I'll strongly advise you to concentrate on your wife to be and stay well clear of your EX; if you don't want to start your marital life with issues/conflicts.

FINALLY, PLEASE LEAVE YOUR EX OUT OF YOUR WEDDING PLANNING. YOUR EX IS NOT THE ONLY ONE INTO CAKE BAKING; HENCE USE SOMEBODY ELSE. How difficult is that? That's as easy as what I call "Easy-Peasy-Lemon-Squeezy".

All the best for the wedding though; and both of you should learn to stay away from EX's as in most instances, they only create tension in the marital home.

I rest my case

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wedding Cake Contract: Should I Give It To My Ex? by Chidoks(f): 10:11pm On Dec 17, 2015
tpiar:

no more separation of genders.

what woman can do, man can do better.
So there is no more saperation of powers abi na job specifications for each gender?
Well joke apart I sincerely think the wedding cake things are for ladies . Imagine the guy hustling for cake and the babe for drinks,e fit no pure o.
Re: My Wedding Cake Contract: Should I Give It To My Ex? by ivyT(f): 11:49pm On Dec 17, 2015
kilokeys:

Enjoy

damn!!
Re: My Wedding Cake Contract: Should I Give It To My Ex? by GboyegaD(m): 4:34am On Dec 18, 2015
You know her better than we all do. If you think she can do a good job, allow her to.
Re: My Wedding Cake Contract: Should I Give It To My Ex? by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 18, 2015
Miami11:

Make sure you buy peptobismo and anti diarrheal pills in plenty all visitors will need them

I have a friend that sayed she served his ex boyfriend urine mixed with ice tea lol

Lol. I think they should put the anti diarrhea pills as part of the take home gifts. grin
Re: My Wedding Cake Contract: Should I Give It To My Ex? by tpiar: 8:49am On Dec 18, 2015
Yes, we all watched the help.
Re: My Wedding Cake Contract: Should I Give It To My Ex? by oslae(f): 2:54pm On Dec 18, 2015
kilokeys:

Enjoy
Lmao cheesy
Re: My Wedding Cake Contract: Should I Give It To My Ex? by jashar(f): 8:51pm On Dec 18, 2015
undecidedhonestly, the questions asked at times are mind boggling.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Picture Of Mum Breastfeeding Baby At A Wedding Breaks The Internet / What Could Always Make A Toodler Stool Recurrently / How Many Of Us Still Use This In Our Houses? (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.