Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

Naira In Free Fall, Slides To 280 Against Dollar - PUNCH - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira In Free Fall, Slides To 280 Against Dollar - PUNCH (21622 Views)

Naira Slides To 405/$ Amid Tight Dollar Supply / Dollar Free Fall Continues, Sells At N425/dollar / Naira Slides To N492 At Parallel Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira In Free Fall, Slides To 280 Against Dollar - PUNCH by preetyb(f): 9:13am On Dec 18, 2015
Which way Nigeria!
Re: Naira In Free Fall, Slides To 280 Against Dollar - PUNCH by Importguru(m): 9:13am On Dec 18, 2015
shocked
Re: Naira In Free Fall, Slides To 280 Against Dollar - PUNCH by Lilimax(f): 9:13am On Dec 18, 2015
Jeez!
hoping the country is not on a sinking boat undecided

APC Government should tread softly on recovering looted funds but channel their strength on
revamping the dwindling economy embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Naira In Free Fall, Slides To 280 Against Dollar - PUNCH by PapaBrowne(m): 9:13am On Dec 18, 2015
It's Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Naira In Free Fall, Slides To 280 Against Dollar - PUNCH by anonimi: 9:14am On Dec 18, 2015

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira In Free Fall, Slides To 280 Against Dollar - PUNCH by saintkel(m): 9:14am On Dec 18, 2015
I think we need to re strategise o, d economy is falling and the Government seem not know how to handle dis situation. A conference of economist and real shakers of d economy should be called and how to tackle d dwindling naira raised.

3 Likes

Re: Naira In Free Fall, Slides To 280 Against Dollar - PUNCH by brilliant5(m): 9:14am On Dec 18, 2015
Its taking tym o... I mean its taking tym to get to 300 naia per dollar

2 Likes

Re: Naira In Free Fall, Slides To 280 Against Dollar - PUNCH by GenOrumov: 9:14am On Dec 18, 2015
The govt must do everything to arrest this development because this is hurting businesses.
Unfortunately it seems devaluation is the way to go but until it seems its inevitable and have gotten to the brink, the naira must not be devalued.

CBN must put in measures to protect the naira and nigerians.
Re: Naira In Free Fall, Slides To 280 Against Dollar - PUNCH by repogirl(f): 9:14am On Dec 18, 2015
Foooolish Booooharinomics!

6 Likes

Re: Naira In Free Fall, Slides To 280 Against Dollar - PUNCH by feran15(m): 9:15am On Dec 18, 2015
Elosky20:
what do you xpect when nigeria is all of a sudden accepting dollars as a means of exchange,
1 .people nw buy cloths frm supermarket in dollars,
2 .parents nw pay their children fee in dollars.
3. federal govt even change naira to dollars.
4. even crude oil is sold in dollars.
Where are they done apart frm naija.have u ever heard of dollars entering russia, have u ever seen somebody buying something in america with naira, nigeria have to man up and insist on using only naira as a means of transaction in nigeria,

grin you dont know what u are saying

5 Likes

Re: Naira In Free Fall, Slides To 280 Against Dollar - PUNCH by platz(m): 9:15am On Dec 18, 2015
That's the change we voted for

2 Likes

Re: Naira In Free Fall, Slides To 280 Against Dollar - PUNCH by rozayx5(m): 9:15am On Dec 18, 2015
saintkel:
I think we need to re strategise o, d economy is falling and the Government seem not know how to handle dis situation. A conference of economist and real shakers of d economy should be called and how to tackle d dwindling naira raised.

my biz just became more lucrative grin grin

1 Like

Re: Naira In Free Fall, Slides To 280 Against Dollar - PUNCH by omooba969(m): 9:16am On Dec 18, 2015
So wetin be bank rate now, na #197 still?

Anyways, this is the ripple effect of Jonad.aft's govt lootnomics ...awon janduku ole gbogbo! undecided

Wailers make una STFU & give Mr. President some breathing space abeg.

Mtcheeew. cool

1 Like

Re: Naira In Free Fall, Slides To 280 Against Dollar - PUNCH by rallymento(m): 9:16am On Dec 18, 2015
All is well!!
Re: Naira In Free Fall, Slides To 280 Against Dollar - PUNCH by irynterri(f): 9:18am On Dec 18, 2015
Elosky20:
what do you xpect when nigeria is all of a sudden accepting dollars as a means of exchange,
1 .people nw buy cloths frm supermarket in dollars,
2 .parents nw pay their children fee in dollars.
3. federal govt even change naira to dollars.
4. even crude oil is sold in dollars.
Where are they done apart frm naija.have u ever heard of dollars entering russia, have u ever seen somebody buying something in america with naira, nigeria have to man up and insist on using only naira as a means of transaction in nigeria,
dasuki even shares money in dollars

4 Likes

Re: Naira In Free Fall, Slides To 280 Against Dollar - PUNCH by Judolisco(m): 9:18am On Dec 18, 2015
Dem say make we no yab buhari toor buhari well-done u r doing a great job

5 Likes

Re: Naira In Free Fall, Slides To 280 Against Dollar - PUNCH by Nobody: 9:18am On Dec 18, 2015
I have never seen where a slow and steady sprinter wins a race before.Is Usain booth a slowpoke?4years will approach this man will be begging for another term.

5 Likes

Re: Naira In Free Fall, Slides To 280 Against Dollar - PUNCH by adioolayi(m): 9:20am On Dec 18, 2015
Well..this issue of falling of Naira to Dollar keep me wondering the direct impact of this on me personally. ...You can call me names, but the truth is I DONT DO TRANSACTIONS IN DOLLAR....Yes, it's affecting Nigeria's economy..so says the economists...the truth is price of common commodities is almost the same as dey were 2-3years back!
Na those who trade forex ..schooling abroad, having business deals abroad will feel this...There is huge inequality between the rich and the poor in this country.... The Rich are Seriously Crying now. I tell you, this development no concern common man on the street!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira In Free Fall, Slides To 280 Against Dollar - PUNCH by tomholly: 9:22am On Dec 18, 2015
Re: Naira In Free Fall, Slides To 280 Against Dollar - PUNCH by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 18, 2015
and the abokiii president said he's working

1 Like

Re: Naira In Free Fall, Slides To 280 Against Dollar - PUNCH by gbaby4live: 9:23am On Dec 18, 2015
See wetin Jona cause....

1 Like

Re: Naira In Free Fall, Slides To 280 Against Dollar - PUNCH by luvinhubby(m): 9:23am On Dec 18, 2015
'In pa Mugabe's voice'....Our money & Nigeria's naira are on the same page.

cheesy
Re: Naira In Free Fall, Slides To 280 Against Dollar - PUNCH by MNDY(m): 9:24am On Dec 18, 2015
Lolz @ "Free Fall"
-
But seriously, things have grown from bad to worse in Nigeria and its impact is being felt very well!
-
With the dwindling price of crude oil in the int'l market and the need for alternative sources of revenue, PMB's regime is at a crucial time in Nigeria's history!
-
A crucial time for diversification if things must get better in this country! Don't blame PMB for the bad state of the economy! However, he has a lot of work to do on the economy proper!
-
His fight against corruption is one thing I admire so much about him!

1 Like

Re: Naira In Free Fall, Slides To 280 Against Dollar - PUNCH by anonimi: 9:25am On Dec 18, 2015
Love Machine:
I have never seen where a slow and steady sprinter wins a race before.Is Usain booth a slowpoke?4years will approach this man will be begging for another term.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2682938_img2015072826629_jpegfa206e5609ff464467c82ea736caee6a

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira In Free Fall, Slides To 280 Against Dollar - PUNCH by feaworaoja007: 9:26am On Dec 18, 2015
APsh*ts. Zombie! Where una dey? Defend ds free fall...ur graves are being dug,and the zombie in you still have the guts to defend. Ds dullaard? I dont understand these zombies...i dont think they pay bills,cos if they do,they shud definelty know the meaing of all these...mtschew,very painful living with zombies
Re: Naira In Free Fall, Slides To 280 Against Dollar - PUNCH by xynerise: 9:26am On Dec 18, 2015
This is bad cry
Re: Naira In Free Fall, Slides To 280 Against Dollar - PUNCH by feaworaoja007: 9:27am On Dec 18, 2015
APsh*ts. Zombie! Where una dey? Defend ds free fall...ur graves are being dug,and the zombie in you still have the guts to defend. Ds dullaard? I dont understand these zombies...i dont think they pay bills,cos if they do,they shud definelty know the meaing of all these...mtschew,very painful living with zombies
[color=#990000][/color] i'd rather be a Wailer than a Zombie...
Re: Naira In Free Fall, Slides To 280 Against Dollar - PUNCH by godoluwa(m): 9:27am On Dec 18, 2015
yeepa! cc 2pointsonly
Re: Naira In Free Fall, Slides To 280 Against Dollar - PUNCH by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 18, 2015
While many are complaining, many like me are celebrating because this means our fiverr money just keeps increasing. Atleast the rate would have dropped a little for us now.

This is the best time to start earning in dollars in Nigeria. I am feeling good.

2 Likes

Re: Naira In Free Fall, Slides To 280 Against Dollar - PUNCH by saintkel(m): 9:28am On Dec 18, 2015
rozayx5:

my biz just became more lucrative grin grin
Wow bro which biz
Re: Naira In Free Fall, Slides To 280 Against Dollar - PUNCH by rozayx5(m): 9:29am On Dec 18, 2015
saintkel:
Wow bro which biz

my signature cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Diamond Bank Reverses The Stamp Duty Charge After These Tweets To Them / Naira Falls To 230, Dollar Supply Dries Up / Nigeria To Resume Oil Export To United States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.