Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

2016: FG Should Re-denominate Naira: N200 Highest Denomination - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 2016: FG Should Re-denominate Naira: N200 Highest Denomination (5522 Views)

100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? / I buy iTunes gift any denomination / Time To Re-denominate The Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2016: FG Should Re-denominate Naira: N200 Highest Denomination by Freegift75: 8:24pm On Dec 18, 2015
Arise O'Compatriot,
NIGERIAN ECONOMISTS SHOULD RISE,
The Time Is Now!

When Heaven falls, no one to escape. When Nigeria Economy collapse, both Rich and the Poor will lament. It is unfortunate that some proven Nigerian economists who are international economic analysts have chosen to remain indifferent to the degenerating status of our economy.

They only criticise government but never proffer concrete analysis to facilitate our journey out of economic hardship in Nigeria.

I strongly believe that if the present administration, under the leadership of President Muhammadu Buhari can redenominate Nigeria’s currency, thereby making N200 the highest denomination, then life will be more beautiful for the people.

I could remember that former Central Bank of Nigeria
(CBN) governor, Professor Charles Soludo, tried to
redenominate our currency, but it didn’t work due to the Cabalism we practise in Nigeria.

Today, it has been done in Ghana, and their economy is
doing fine. It will also make more sense if government can fix the prices of house rents, transportation, while also giving more attention to agriculture. When this happens, the prices of goods and services, as well as food stuffs, will be affordable for everybody.

There is also the need for government to focus more on
employment generation, so that the youth can have
something doing.

We talk of refinery! This is shameful to the giant of Africa. In Nigeria, companies (like 5-5) could team up to build a refinery. But instead, they so selfish.

By 2016, the atmosphere is not clear to see any betterment as sign of hope. Hardship continues! Few days to 2016, fuel is sold for N150.

If CHANGE could be a reality in GHANA, Our President, you are the last HOPE. If the hardship continues till 2019, Nigeria will Split. It's a curse!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2016: FG Should Re-denominate Naira: N200 Highest Denomination by Freegift75: 8:29pm On Dec 18, 2015
We have seen the SANs, they never relent in airing their voices concerning Judiciary matters. What are the economists doing?

When the government fails, then they will come out to criticise.

It is shameful!

3 Likes

Re: 2016: FG Should Re-denominate Naira: N200 Highest Denomination by baralatie(m): 8:32pm On Dec 18, 2015
redenomination is never a solution at all!
it is a fake system Whereby you paint a brass metal with gold coating and say the metal is gold.
two days later your eyes go clear when the coat washes off

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2016: FG Should Re-denominate Naira: N200 Highest Denomination by Freegift75: 8:35pm On Dec 18, 2015
baralatie:
redenomination is never a solution at all!
it is a fake system Whereby you paint a brass metal with gold coating and say the metal is gold.
two days later your eyes go clear when the coat washes off

Mr Man, what is the way out?
The hardship is too hectic! Before I could get fuel bought yesterday, I saw hell

1 Like

Re: 2016: FG Should Re-denominate Naira: N200 Highest Denomination by mekaboy(m): 8:40pm On Dec 18, 2015
It has changed nothing. The Ghana economy is worse than it was before they did.

Poor economic plan and policies is what kills the economy.

When a country plans on import and borrowing, then no miracle and save that economy in trying times.

14 Likes

Re: 2016: FG Should Re-denominate Naira: N200 Highest Denomination by MrOmoyemi: 8:48pm On Dec 18, 2015
The topic! Ghana or Naira?

1 Like

Re: 2016: FG Should Re-denominate Naira: N200 Highest Denomination by baralatie(m): 8:49pm On Dec 18, 2015
Freegift75:

The hardship is too hectic! Before I could get fuel bought yesterday, I saw hell
the truth is the way out is there and very real.if only Administration had done some things with respect to the economy.
it lost a step when it tried to overlook it.
now concerning the fuel issue I don't think it is about money.these guys just roped PMB into a corner just like they did with GEJ.
let me ask you a question do you think if The administration made it a free entry and economy to buy crude from govt,refine and sell .the east block will not flood the market with quality refined petroleum products!

2 Likes

Re: 2016: FG Should Re-denominate Naira: N200 Highest Denomination by drss(m): 8:53pm On Dec 18, 2015
God if only buari dullaard knew dat governace is TOTALLY different from cattle rearing none of dis nonsense will be happening. sad

Buari dullaard must be high on gworo if him think say redomination go save d economy.

4 Likes

Re: 2016: FG Should Re-denominate Naira: N200 Highest Denomination by eleojo23: 8:54pm On Dec 18, 2015
undecided
Re: 2016: FG Should Re-denominate Naira: N200 Highest Denomination by Freegift75: 8:55pm On Dec 18, 2015
baralatie:

the truth is the way out is there and very real.if only Administration had done some things with respect to the economy.
it lost a step when it tried to overlook it.
now concerning the fuel issue I don't think it is about money.these guys just roped PMB into a corner just like they did with GEJ.
let me ask you a question do you think if The administration made it a free entry and economy to buy crude from govt,refine and sell .the east block will not flood the market with quality refined petroleum products!

The bone of contention is, are there no economic analysts who could be of a great influence to this administration by publishing ideas on social media platforms and newsprint
Re: 2016: FG Should Re-denominate Naira: N200 Highest Denomination by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 18, 2015
drss:
God if only buari dullaard knew dat governace is TOTALLY different from cattle rearing none of dis nonsense will be happening. sad

Buari dullaard must be high on gworo if him think say redomination go save d economy.
Expert, what will save the economy?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016: FG Should Re-denominate Naira: N200 Highest Denomination by Pidggin(f): 9:00pm On Dec 18, 2015
Who is advising Buhari on the economy? Whoever it is needs to have a brain transplant
Re: 2016: FG Should Re-denominate Naira: N200 Highest Denomination by baralatie(m): 9:00pm On Dec 18, 2015
Freegift75:

The bone of contention is, are there no economic analysts who could be of a great influence to this administration by publishing ideas on social media platforms and newsprint
do you know how much it costs to hire a sound economists!
Re: 2016: FG Should Re-denominate Naira: N200 Highest Denomination by drss(m): 9:03pm On Dec 18, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Expert, what will save the economy?
only one tin go save d zoo; true federalism.

1 Like

Re: 2016: FG Should Re-denominate Naira: N200 Highest Denomination by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 18, 2015
drss:
only one tin go save d zoo; true federalism.
And what is true federalism. Educate me.
Re: 2016: FG Should Re-denominate Naira: N200 Highest Denomination by keally: 9:09pm On Dec 18, 2015
Freegift75:

. Who did you vote for GEJ or PMB? If u voted PMB and complain then you are stupid because it is too early to complain. If you voted GEJ and complain now then you are a disappointment if you had expected anything good from an illiterate, analog Fulani cattlerearer. I voted GEJ but am happy PMB is in the saddle now proving his mettle, showing the stuff he is made off. Nigeria will not survive the foolishness of allowing that man in. God will punish Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 2016: FG Should Re-denominate Naira: N200 Highest Denomination by Freegift75: 9:12pm On Dec 18, 2015
keally:
. Who did you vote for GEJ or PMB? If u voted PMB and complain then you are stupid because it is too early to complain. If you voted GEJ and complain now then you are a disappointment if you had expected anything good from an illiterate, analog Fulani cattlerearer. I voted GEJ but am happy PMB is in the saddle now proving his mettle, showing the stuff he is made off. Nigeria will not survive the foolishness of allowing that man in. God will punish Nigeria.

You don't sound to be a patriotic Nigerian

5 Likes

Re: 2016: FG Should Re-denominate Naira: N200 Highest Denomination by MISSNORA(f): 9:14pm On Dec 18, 2015
Long overdue!It shouldn't exceed N100 even
Re: 2016: FG Should Re-denominate Naira: N200 Highest Denomination by drss(m): 9:28pm On Dec 18, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

And what is true federalism. Educate me.
why do u ask questions to which u already know d answers?

2 Likes

Re: 2016: FG Should Re-denominate Naira: N200 Highest Denomination by baralatie(m): 9:42pm On Dec 18, 2015
Freegift75:

You don't sound to be a patriotic Nigerian
Re: 2016: FG Should Re-denominate Naira: N200 Highest Denomination by Austin4lif: 9:48pm On Dec 18, 2015
Freegift75:

u voted for change, deal with it.

2 Likes

Re: 2016: FG Should Re-denominate Naira: N200 Highest Denomination by greatiyk4u(m): 9:50pm On Dec 18, 2015
Good news
Re: 2016: FG Should Re-denominate Naira: N200 Highest Denomination by YUSUPH1986(m): 9:53pm On Dec 18, 2015
God wil bles d op. U ar right, the economist should come forth to advice and proffer solution to the present state of the economy, they should leave all these theories, they should postulate something practicable . Criticism has never and wil never solved the mess we are into
Re: 2016: FG Should Re-denominate Naira: N200 Highest Denomination by baby124: 9:56pm On Dec 18, 2015
It should be 50 Naira, with 100 Naira disbursed by the bank itself for large withdrawals. That's how it's done in most developed countries. Very hard to see the 100's notes except with travelers from other countries.
Re: 2016: FG Should Re-denominate Naira: N200 Highest Denomination by fistonati(m): 9:59pm On Dec 18, 2015
That will be total dehumanising of Naira. The only solution is for money to be in circulation I.e. by governments at all levels paying salaries as at when due and by promoting Agricultural and Local contents. Without this mentioned above, don't expect any miracle on d free fall of Naira.
Re: 2016: FG Should Re-denominate Naira: N200 Highest Denomination by fistonati(m): 10:02pm On Dec 18, 2015
That will be total dehumanising of Naira. The only solution is for money to be in circulation I.e. by governments at all levels paying salaries as at when due and by promoting Agricultural and Local contents. Without this mentioned above, don't expect any miracle on d free fall of Naira.
Re: 2016: FG Should Re-denominate Naira: N200 Highest Denomination by fistonati(m): 10:07pm On Dec 18, 2015
Re: 2016: FG Should Re-denominate Naira: N200 Highest Denomination by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:22pm On Dec 18, 2015
drss:

Iranu!
Re: 2016: FG Should Re-denominate Naira: N200 Highest Denomination by Nobody: 11:41pm On Dec 18, 2015
These guys eventually share this ogogoro reach CBN

We don enter am
Re: 2016: FG Should Re-denominate Naira: N200 Highest Denomination by Ayt27(m): 11:50pm On Dec 18, 2015
The simple thing to dismantle the cabal, get 10 men in the top tiers of government who are willing to put the people's interest before theirs and maybe kill off some old timers, change of president would be nice. I'm pretty sure that guy has got 'sinister' up his sleeves.

In less than two years, change will be achieved, quote me anywhere.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Papyrus Magazine Holds Business Mix Gala Night, Connects Business Executives Wit / Does Anyone Know Anything About Mall For Africa? / How can I get land For Piggery Farm In Lagos Or Ogun State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.