Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship (24119 Views)

Naira Gains On Better Than Expected Economic Growth / This Is What N100 Broom In Ondo Looks Like. The Hardship Is Real / How Goverment Plans To Ease Hardship, By CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 19, 2015
the people managing this country's economy if all i am hearing is true are doing a very very terrible job. all i am hearing is economic doom, no plan to assuage the situation. is it that these present crop of leaders want everyone out of their jobs, and the entire country to grind to a halt? i really don't understand this change o?

NB: falling oil prices should not and never be an excuse. if you see your house you spent alot of money to acquire on fire, what do you do? do you stand there laughing? you take immediate measures instinctively geared towards putting out the fire whether you are prepared or not. you don't stand smiling at the burning house.

3 Likes

Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by mekadinho(f): 12:23pm On Dec 19, 2015
sandrajazmin:
The end is near
Goan read ur Bible.
Its not fed Govts fault.
Evn the Bible says in the end time,
There shall be hardship n famine
My Dear, does dat means dat d world ll end in Nigeria alone? Cos here in Canada they r nt complaining...

2 Likes

Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 19, 2015
Sai Baba
Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by bizgai(m): 12:27pm On Dec 19, 2015
nabiz:
How To Survive In Next Year (2016)expected Economic Hardship

It has been predicted that Nigeria may experience economic difficulties in 2016. I want economist in the house to pls come in and recommend what the poor and an average man can do to survive. Bellow is my recommendation:

(1) If you are an entrepreneur, invest in the area of basic need. E.g food, shelter, transportation, etc. Reduce ur investment in the areas of luxury goods. Even our big men will be affected because their dependency ratio will increase as a result of high unemployment rate. So if your job is still intact, don't re joys because many is going to depend on u to survive.

(2) Pay attention to DIY which means ''do it yourself'' you must not buy everything. You can provide some of ur basic need by urself. Do u know with little or no money you can provide for urself an orchard where u can have vegetable farm in your yard, do u know you can provide ur chicken, and so on. Before u buy any product or services, ask urself can I provide it for myself considering time and cost. My advice: do not buy what u can provide for yourself.

(3)Learn from the ant. It is know that the ant save during the dry season to eat during the rainy season. Reduce your spending. Pay more attention to ur basic need. Now is the best time to bring out pain and paper. Write down what u thing you need next year. Don't be carried away by Christmas song. Store or make a provision for food first, next is house rent but if u can pack in in your uncompleted building with little additional cost, pls do. Budget for ur transportation. If you have a private car, u can pick while going to work and when coming back to reduce your monthly fuel and maintenance cost, but do it wisely. Consider families and friend who will likely depend on u. Off ur appliances when u are not using them to reduce the cost of nepa bill, cut down your spending like partying and drinking.

(2) Start a home business with what u have: u can sell through ur window. If u have a home use deep freezer, load it with either iced block, cold drink, pure water, or even chicken and turkey, the profit can at least pay ur nepa bill. As earlier said, if u have a private car, pick to reduce monthly fuel and maintenance cost. If u ar unemployed or u are sacked from job, pls just inter ur house now. Look around. What do u see? Think about how you can convert ur property to business tools or equipment. U can use ur generator to charge phone for people in the night while it will still serve ur house. Ur can us ur television to start a game house, ur laptop can do online business, even ur phone is an assets.

(1) I may be wrong but I thing anything export is the best for now. Either good or service can be exported. Any business u do that u ar paid in dollar is the best for now. I think is this the little I have to offer. Note: there is also possibility of national crises in some state like kaduna. So u also need to make financial and security provision for that. Pls u can add ur own. It is not going to be easy, but God will see us through.
THANKS OP BUT WHAT ABOUT SELF EMPLOYED THAT HAS BUSINESS NOT RUNNING AS USUAL
Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by Gabaleve(m): 12:30pm On Dec 19, 2015
emmykk:
faith without work is what?
poverty and hellfire in the end
Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by egobetatoday: 12:31pm On Dec 19, 2015
Sijo01:
Go to any Hausa quarter and shout 'sai Buhari' dem go begin dash you food.
who told u that? their eye don dey red too...not joking.
Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by pedrilo: 12:33pm On Dec 19, 2015
Indeed things have CHANGED!
Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by egobetatoday: 12:38pm On Dec 19, 2015
harristo:
Op why didn't you mention exporting of skills in number 1, especially via online platform. People get paid in dollars for that aswell.

In fact, today it is easier for youths to get paid in dollars by exporting their skills via the internet, than it is for them to be, by exporting Nigerian products.

And Nairaland is one of the best place a youth can learn to do that smiley

please pls can i know a little about this exporting of skills? abeg
Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by Laryne(m): 12:40pm On Dec 19, 2015
How to live through end time...
Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by ultimatesafety(m): 12:42pm On Dec 19, 2015
Let me show you how I got my payoneer US
MasterCard free shipping to my address here in
Nigeria. First let me tell you what a payoneer
MasterCard is. It is an electronic card issued by
payoneer when you register on their website and
you have a US bank account immediately. You
can use this master card to shop online, withdraw
from any ATM machines any where in the world
and receive payment in dollars from US
companies. This is a grate advantage for those
who want to involve in an online business and
worried about receiving their funds in dollars
straight to their bank account. I am here by using
this medium to inform you that payoneer is real
and you can start your online business straight
away now and start receiving payment into your
payoneer MasterCard then withdraw your money
any time any day any where in the world. You can
see prove of mine received on the attached
photos below.
Now how do you order for your free payoneer
MasterCard?
1. Register on the payoneer website and provide
your full details
https://share.payoneer.com/nav/0VH9dVwzCWqJ1dqk_xMZjq7BGTnh3-g8z0paG9WT-GtepsDn_xFk2qJPsGuhI0oNMWp-L14nfir2kqkSsZfZGA2
2. log into your email and click on the link sent to
you to activate your account.
3. Upload a valid identity card that show your full
name and correct address. These id may be your
valid Driver's licence, international passport,
national id card. This id card is needed to verify
your account.
After doing all this, you should receive an email
informing you about your payoneer MasterCard
registration completed and been shipped to you
with date you should be expecting the card. This
is usually between 21-30 days.
PLEASE NOTE THIS: When providing your address
make sure you end the address with your phone
number. You can see on the picture i attached as
my phone number is available at the end of the
address. This is important because you might not
be available when the courier man is delivering
the card to you at your address. He can easily
call you and you give him order on what to do so
that your card will not got dumped somewhere.
As soon as you receive your card, log on to your
payoneer account and activate your card then you
are good to go. make payment while shopping
with your payoneer MasterCard and receive
payments from US companies with ease. let me
know if you have any questions regards to
payoneer MasterCard issue. sign up here now
https://share.payoneer.com/nav/0VH9dVwzCWqJ1dqk_xMZjq7BGTnh3-g8z0paG9WT-GtepsDn_xFk2qJPsGuhI0oNMWp-L14nfir2kqkSsZfZGA2

Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by egobetatoday: 12:44pm On Dec 19, 2015
FxDuke:
the people managing this country's economy if all i am hearing is true are doing a very very terrible job. all i am hearing is economic doom, no plan to assuage the situation. is it that these present crop of leaders want everyone out of their jobs, and the entire country to grind to a halt? i really don't understand this

they dont care. they are rather after their perceived enemies -dasuki and co.
Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by nabiz(m): 12:54pm On Dec 19, 2015
bizgai:
THANKS OP BUT WHAT ABOUT SELF EMPLOYED THAT HAS BUSINESS NOT RUNNING AS USUAL
to survive in life, especially a self employ, u most over either a product or service. For now the best product or service u can over is a product that people can not do without(basic need) though most of these area is saturated. What u need to do is to do ur own in a different way. Add extra value to ur product. If may not be a physical value. They way u package ur product add or minus value from ur product. Good customer relation is also a value as far as after the additional value u can still make profit, I advice u do it. May be turnover will balance every thing.
If u ar selling a product or service that is did not fall into basic need, I think u can make is look like a basic need by attaching a little proportion of basic need to it. It is a business trick or strategy, though am not an economist nor a graduate but with common sense the deal will be done
If ur business is not running as usual, that mean there is problem. Something is wrong somewhere. Either u have reduce the service u have been offering or somebody some where has increase his. Or ur product in no longer needed. So the earlier u know ur problem, the faster and easier it can be solve

1 Like

Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by ultimatesafety(m): 12:57pm On Dec 19, 2015
Let me show you how I got my payoneer US MasterCard free shipping to my address here in Nigeria. First let me tell you what a payoneer MasterCard is. It is an electronic card issued by payoneer when you register on their website and you have a US bank account immediately. You can use this master card to shop online, withdraw from any ATM machines any where in the world and receive payment in dollars from US companies. This is a grate advantage for those who want to involve in an online business and worried about receiving their funds in dollars straight to their bank account. I am here by using this medium to inform you that payoneer is real and you can start your online business straight away now and start receiving payment into your payoneer MasterCard then withdraw your money any time any day any where in the world. You can see prove of mine received on the attached photos below.
Now how do you order for your free payoneer MasterCard?
1. Register on the payoneer website and provide your full details
2. log into your email and click on the link sent to you to activate your account.
3. Upload a valid identity card that show your full name and correct address. These id may be your valid Driver's licence, international passport, national id card. This id card is needed to verify your account.
After doing all this, you should receive an email informing you about your payoneer MasterCard registration completed and been shipped to you with date you should be expecting the card. This is usually between 21-30 days.

PLEASE NOTE THIS: When providing your address make sure you end the address with your phone number. You can see on the picture i attached as my phone number is available at the end of the address. This is important because you might not be available when the courier man is delivering the card to you at your address. He can easily call you and you give him order on what to do so that your card will not got dumped somewhere. As soon as you receive your card, log on to your payoneer account and activate your card then you are good to go. make payment while shopping with your payoneer MasterCard and receive payments from US companies with ease. let me know if you have any questions regards to payoneer MasterCard issue. sign up here now https://share.payoneer.com/nav/0VH9dVwzCWqJ1dqk_xMZjq7BGTnh3-g8z0paG9WT-GtepsDn_xFk2qJPsGuhI0oNMWp-L14nfir2kqkSsZfZGA2

Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by Pain(m): 1:01pm On Dec 19, 2015
End Time Advice.
Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 19, 2015
Prophets of Doom!! Just like causing unnecessary confusion and Fear. as if Life in Nigeria has not always been 'Economic Hardship'. Meanwhile inspite of the Hardship people still Build Mansions and drive exotic cars

1 Like

Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by Atlantian: 1:05pm On Dec 19, 2015
I think the Yahoo Yahoo gentlemen and Google men will be Cash Kings of 2016. They export tricks and repatriate DOLLARS/POUNDS/EUROS.
Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by nkemjacob2(m): 1:39pm On Dec 19, 2015
I laugh in "china way" dat may b d sign of end time. Save ur self from these crises. Right from the onset our confused and visionless leaders have been d reason for this economy downfall. One major step is to take dis probing to seriously.... Though we nigerians no dat d probing is partial, our money need to b returned before planing ahead
Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by ChinonsoDike2: 1:45pm On Dec 19, 2015
lonzo:
My Brother don't mean to drag you back or derail your post. But all these things have been foretold in the Bible about the last days. Nothing will change all these but I will advice your preach Jesus Christ to them than all these man made councils. Brother it is coming to an end I guess in the 2000s the technological era everyone taught strife would never come but here it is. The time is now. Jesup is coming again. Please listen to clarion call of salvation. Hold fast to the gospel because that's the only saving Power. Thanks

Oh shut up.
Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by akagson: 1:49pm On Dec 19, 2015
lonzo:
My Brother don't mean to drag you back or derail your post. But all these things have been foretold in the Bible about the last days. Nothing will change all these but I will advice your preach Jesus Christ to them than all these man made councils. Brother it is coming to an end I guess in the 2000s the technological era everyone taught strife would never come but here it is. The time is now. Jesup is coming again. Please listen to clarion call of salvation. Hold fast to the gospel because that's the only saving Power. Thanks
Gibberish
Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by akagson: 2:01pm On Dec 19, 2015
sandrajazmin:
The end is near
Goan read ur Bible.
Its not fed Govts fault.
Evn the Bible says in the end time,
There shall be hardship n famine
All these religious folks flooding every post here with end time rubbish and the Bible said this the Bible said that. Can you guys just stop being silly for just a second. Is there economic hardship in USA? Is there economic hardship in Saudi Arabia? Is there economic hardship all over the world? Do you even know that there is a world that exist outside Nigeria? Instead of looking for ways to bettter our lives and get things right, we are here busy referring any slight thing that happens to end time rubbish. Let me tell you guys something you dont know, there is nothing that is new under this sun. NOTHING IS F****NG NEW BITCHEES!! The earlier we get our leaders to get their ass to work, the better. Instead of fooling around saying Bible said this. end time that.
mtcheeew!
Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by Newmanluckyman(m): 2:07pm On Dec 19, 2015
harristo:

If you read the post, especially number 3, you will realize that Gej and not Buhari is to blame.
While other oil producing nation were busy filling up their foreign reserve during the oil boom, Gej and his people were busy looting angry
... Are you not tired of this nonsense line already? suggest ways that people's lives can be improved come next year and stop being political. Thank you

4 Likes

Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 19, 2015
Joejonah:
I lost hope in this administration when I saw that all their plans is to fight corruption.

No agenda...
No policy....
No plans... .
No management skill...

All we hear is fight, fight, fight.....
ah! I like ur comment, Nigerians put their self into this by that military man, what are we going to eat when there is no corruption, Nigeria survive by corruption, so fighting it is not his call, only God can fight corruption. I know from the onset, this government is not going to favour anybody.
Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by nabiz(m): 2:13pm On Dec 19, 2015
DonUjay:
Prophets of Doom!! Just like causing unnecessary confusion and Fear. as if Life in Nigeria has not always been 'Economic Hardship'. Meanwhile inspite of the Hardship people still Build Mansions and drive exotic cars
lol come on guy this not a prophecy or prediction. It is an analysis. The difference is that prophecy is spiritual, prediction gazing while analysis is forecast with fact and figures. Even common sense should tell us what 2016 is holding for us.
Let me use my family for instance. My families major source of income is the production of onions. Now a situation where by onions that have been selling at 150 naira each is now sold at 40 naira which is little above the cost of production, what do u think will happening to my family. Now during the economic boom when onions was selling at 150 naira each, I was able to save for tomorrow. What I did was to employ many house maid, cleaners and other. Now the question is how can I pay all the maids, cleaners, security etc, and still have some thing to eat and invest because my eyes have now open to the reality. If I sack my cleaners, my the big mansion that I have spent money to build will grow weed, If should sack my security there will another problem.
So as a head of my family what are my surpose to do?. The option will be to diversify my business, not depending on onions again, to do this, I will need money to do it since I was unable to save when thing where good. To borrow this money, you lender has increase his interest rate of which u know d effect. Ur not even sure of the viability of the propose area, because is it business. Again even the money you want to borrow u don't even trust ur manager because the corrupt.
As the head of the family ar u not purpose to call ur family member together and tell the what is happening and the need to reduce their unnecessary expenditure? Mind u that even if u borrow or have d money, u can not start harvesting the plant immediately. You must plant it, water it, weed, it before harvesting which u ar not sure how the year harvest will be. As you ar waiting are u not suppose to manage the little u have? Or do u choose to go and borrow and consume even will the higher interest rate the lender has attached which if u do will even cause u to sell ur house in the future.
I think buhari knows this but I pray he will not be a miser instead of an economist.

1 Like

Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by moneyurch(m): 2:28pm On Dec 19, 2015
biafranqueen:
Well done Op!
The change is real!
I suggest you make plans for the next 4 years because this administration has no plans to create jobs, help the poor and youths and is even doing all they can to frustrate traders and people in big business, so expect more loss of jobs. Here are some more tips.

1. Learn how to do natural hair, because it is going to be hard for them bae's to afford Brazilian one.
2. Partner with your people in the village to start farming, and selling fresh produce. Hunger is already visiting some people, and don't expect those free lunches as promised to the schools during elections.
3. Learn bike repair cause when they cut fuel subsidy the prices will sky rocket, and people go start biking again.
4. Learn shoe repair cause lots of people will be trekking. While fuel prices go up so will public transportation.
Biafranqueen go kill person, i cant help laughing as i read ths

1 Like

Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by Maser: 2:57pm On Dec 19, 2015
AdaNri1:
No thanks to all those people yelling change. Nigerians are reaping it.

Very soon those paid goons who will not feel a pinch will come here to attack and defend them.

No Dear! Rather we should worry more about the pathetic and dangerous mentality of folks like you who love to live a lie rather than sober before the unfortunate truth that the man whom you so idolise, mindlessly and brazenly looted all the dollars in CBN with his cronies just to finance his re-election and here you are beclouded by primitive sentiments which hasn't allowed you to see him for who he is but chose instead to blame another who is trying so hard to remedy the disaster he left for him. If you had any memory left, you'd recall that the dollar went into a free fall during election week when GEJ was sharing millions of dollars to yoruba Obas in his desperation to capture south West at all costs and the repercussions of his actions are still reverberating. No country can withstand such assault on foreign currency without consequences. The tragedy of our country is having people with such mentality as yours.

2 Likes

Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by brainpowerng(m): 3:09pm On Dec 19, 2015
"When men shall say there is a casting down for them, then shall arise and say there is lifting for me" IJN

1 Like

Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 19, 2015
Maser:

No Dear! Rather we should worry more about the pathetic and dangerous mentality of folks like you who love to live a lie rather than sober before the unfortunate truth that the man whom you so idolise, mindlessly and brazenly looted all the dollars in CBN with his cronies just to finance his re-election and here you are beclouded by primitive sentiments which hasn't allowed you to see him for who he is but chose instead to blame another who is trying so hard to remedy the disaster he left for him. If you had any memory left, you'd recall that the dollar went into a free fall during election week when GEJ was sharing millions of dollars to yoruba Obas in his desperation to capture south West at all costs and the repercussions of his actions are still reverberating. No country can withstand such assault on foreign currency without consequences. The tragedy of our country is having people with such mentality as yours.
all this your long talk just makes me sense that I've hit the nail on the head. You just couldn't resist doing your job. Even throwing vitriol and bringing tribal sentiment into it. Typical APC!
For your information I'm apolitical and I will always say what I feel is the truth. You can only use mudslinging for so long, eventually what Yahweh wishes will be revealed.

1 Like

Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by GreatManBee: 3:36pm On Dec 19, 2015
nabiz:
How To Survive In Next Year (2016)expected Economic Hardship

It has been predicted that Nigeria may experience economic difficulties in 2016. I want economist in the house to pls come in and recommend what the poor and an average man can do to survive. Bellow is my recommendation:

(1) If you are an entrepreneur, invest in the area of basic need. E.g food, shelter, transportation, etc. Reduce ur investment in the areas of luxury goods. Even our big men will be affected because their dependency ratio will increase as a result of high unemployment rate. So if your job is still intact, don't re joys because many is going to depend on u to survive.

(2) Pay attention to DIY which means ''do it yourself'' you must not buy everything. You can provide some of ur basic need by urself. Do u know with little or no money you can provide for urself an orchard where u can have vegetable farm in your yard, do u know you can provide ur chicken, and so on. Before u buy any product or services, ask urself can I provide it for myself considering time and cost. My advice: do not buy what u can provide for yourself.

(3)Learn from the ant. It is know that the ant save during the dry season to eat during the rainy season. Reduce your spending. Pay more attention to ur basic need. Now is the best time to bring out pain and paper. Write down what u thing you need next year. Don't be carried away by Christmas song. Store or make a provision for food first, next is house rent but if u can pack in in your uncompleted building with little additional cost, pls do. Budget for ur transportation. If you have a private car, u can pick while going to work and when coming back to reduce your monthly fuel and maintenance cost, but do it wisely. Consider families and friend who will likely depend on u. Off ur appliances when u are not using them to reduce the cost of nepa bill, cut down your spending like partying and drinking.

(2) Start a home business with what u have: u can sell through ur window. If u have a home use deep freezer, load it with either iced block, cold drink, pure water, or even chicken and turkey, the profit can at least pay ur nepa bill. As earlier said, if u have a private car, pick to reduce monthly fuel and maintenance cost. If u ar unemployed or u are sacked from job, pls just inter ur house now. Look around. What do u see? Think about how you can convert ur property to business tools or equipment. U can use ur generator to charge phone for people in the night while it will still serve ur house. Ur can us ur television to start a game house, ur laptop can do online business, even ur phone is an assets.

(1) I may be wrong but I thing anything export is the best for now. Either good or service can be exported. Any business u do that u ar paid in dollar is the best for now. I think is this the little I have to offer. Note: there is also possibility of national crises in some state like kaduna. So u also need to make financial and security provision for that. Pls u can add ur own. It is not going to be easy, but God will see us through.

1 Like

Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by oluwabishop: 4:25pm On Dec 19, 2015
ZUBY77:
Seriously?
Are we that neck deep into the mess already?
Gawd.

We always survive anyway. We will survive this scam.

Agu how far? If you were able to get "there and back in time", then surely this harsh season is child's play compared to what you have overcome. The season for hustlers to shine

1 Like

Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by omosefeeguaibor(f): 4:26pm On Dec 19, 2015
lonzo:
I strongly believe this brother, you're not far from the truth
Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by lumeneng22: 4:28pm On Dec 19, 2015
Does the ant have a place in the Nigerian context? Use fuel treaent like the XFT which treat petrol, kerosene and diesel to reduce the quantity of fuel you use this period.
Re: How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship by slap1(m): 4:50pm On Dec 19, 2015
emmykk:
is that the complete verse to what you quote?

Some of you bring religious to everything to the extend you mess yourself up.
You're the one now messing yourself up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Seven Chinese Companies That Have Made It In Africa / Customs Breaks Rice Shops In Ogun, Seize 4,550 Bags Of Rice / How To Manage Money As A Nigerian In Your 20s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.