Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,172 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Working In Abuja Vs Lagos - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Working In Abuja Vs Lagos (25661 Views)

Vulcanizer Dies After Tyre Explodes While Working In His Workshop.Graphic Photos / Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt / Thinking Of Working In The Bank? My 25 Years Of Experience Will Help You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by Trendishine: 4:13pm On Dec 21, 2015
YerYer:
Interesting. It seems for once in the history of mankind, children may never be richer than their parents. It is generally expected that little Johnie will be richer than his father but the economy has become so bad that many folks are opting to stay single while living in their parents house.

God will see you through.
tell me wat advice u have giving to the dude now? or do you jst wanna be noticed... sometimes i dey feel say some of una dey mad, but una no know...no offense intended..

3 Likes

Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by BABANGBALI: 4:14pm On Dec 21, 2015
Na by force to open thread?mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by macklef(m): 4:14pm On Dec 21, 2015
ERONX:
dude I'm not here to start an online war, for your information I'm not poverty ridden...and mind ur manners and d way u speak I can as well come low to ur standard and rain insultive words on you
I only asked u a simple question, if u didnt have d answer u could just save urself d epistle.
Anyways hope ur enjoying urslef dis harmattan.
Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by ammyluv2002(f): 4:15pm On Dec 21, 2015
henryhemon:

You lied man,I got a cute bedroom flat in Abuja close to suncity at 350k/ year, You can get cheaper houses at airport road-lugbe,kuje,kuchika,ido,kubwa,durumi,mpape,karu,kurudu you must not fake live ofcourse if you can afford conveniently fine and I guess he knows his way round. you make sound like there are no high paying areas in Lagos too. Guy men hussle hard here and are making it big.
350k for a flat close to suncity? I'm surprised o! Even a self con in that same area is going for like 400k-500k

1 Like

Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by petepatr(m): 4:19pm On Dec 21, 2015
You need consider the most favourable environment relating to your future expectations for working. Will be better this way to determine.
Team Stass Services ltd (TSSL)
Basically for Professional Services:
Cleaning services, manpower supply, general supply, real estate and property management, consultancy, etc..
+234 (0) 803 505 6343, +234 (0) 805 857 1428. Abuja, Nigeria.
Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by emwye(m): 4:20pm On Dec 21, 2015
chccho:
what is this one saying?

Well, "this one" is simply amazed about the fact that entitlements are to be paid upon resignation (not layoff/redundancy). I was just curious sir. The crazy term in my comment wasn't for you but the HR policy that allows that so you do not have to get all defensive. Perhaps you were referring to your retirement contributions which SHOULD be given to you and my advice is to fight to get it except you agreed to terms and conditions stating otherwise.

P.S - i'd rather not be referred to as "this one" in future posts but hey, its just a preference of mine.

1 Like

Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by chccho(m): 4:23pm On Dec 21, 2015
Thanks to all those whose gave meaningful advice,to those who reign insults or negative comments thank u too

3 Likes

Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by henryhemon(m): 4:27pm On Dec 21, 2015
ammyluv2002:
350k for a flat close to suncity? I'm surprised o! Even a self con in that same area is going for like 400k-500k

My fence is exactly same with suncity fence, not everyone is greedy,am very sure most of the facilities in my apartment you can't find it in most of those estates.
Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by rita25(f): 4:32pm On Dec 21, 2015
u cant compare working in abj and lagos in anyway nau!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lagos is RAZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!! ABUJA IS CLASS!!!!!!!!!so choose.except ur considerin nyanya,suleja or gwagwalada to be abuja grin
Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by vicostyle20: 4:37pm On Dec 21, 2015
Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by Laryne(m): 5:00pm On Dec 21, 2015
chccho:
I will let u know in due time
Bros you never die person want bury you o...
Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by Onlymewakacum(m): 5:01pm On Dec 21, 2015
What now happens when you get tired of Abuja again?

1 Like

Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by justmi1: 5:02pm On Dec 21, 2015
This is a serious issue, and this could be me cos i am about to make similar decision. i have been in lagos all my life, schooled in lagos and all. so after my final exams, i moved to abuja for the first time on my aunt's invitation, in 2013. Abuja has been cool, no traffic, no much hussle and bussle like lagos. my service was influenced and i served in Fct abuja. now i finished service in july. though am currently managing at a place for now and still live with my aunt, living with her, is getting more frustrating by the day(u no how it is, living with someone). Now am thinking of going back to Lagos, but something keeps asking me "why". its not like a have a job in lagos plus i dont want to go back to lagos ish,but truely there are more oppurtunities in lagos, its just a dicey situation, and a wrong move can be disastrious. i think u shouldnt have left abuja, atleast not before consulting and seeking advice, all the same i think u should save, get sometin cooking, and then u can have sometin to fall back on, when the chips are down. it really feels bad for a man and for your ego to leave your parents and later come back to live with them.

2 Likes

Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by sunsewa: 5:05pm On Dec 21, 2015
face ur job in lagos and concentrate on it while also managing to stay with ur parents for now inorder to be able to save money for ur dream biz,ur even lucky to have ur parents in lagos,every successful steps follow after good planing.

1 Like

Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by Laryne(m): 5:11pm On Dec 21, 2015
It is not a crime to be in fathers house while you are trying to get your footings in life. At least you are trying to be on your own, moreover you've lived on your own in a different city before...it shows you are trying and believe me one day your hustle will pay. I pray God gives you the wisdom to make the right choice and the grace to go through the initial stress you may encounter.

2 Likes

Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by ammyluv2002(f): 5:26pm On Dec 21, 2015
henryhemon:

My fence is exactly same with suncity fence, not everyone is greedy,am very sure most of the facilities in my apartment you can't find it in most of those estates.
Wow! Really nice....I pray to meet someone like that someday

1 Like

Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by hedonistic: 5:34pm On Dec 21, 2015
As someone who has experienced both cities, I would have to earn x5 of what Abuja offers for me to settle for a job in Lag.

Abuja is a million times better than Lag to work and live. Unless the Lagos job pays much much much much Unreasonably MUCH higher.

3 Likes

Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by Nobody: 5:39pm On Dec 21, 2015
chccho:
Hello peeps, I just wanted to share a Little bit of what my experience has been so far.

I was based in Abj for a while and stayed there for about 5yrs until I got tired and frustrated with my job and resigned last year. I was supposed to get paid my final entitlements which was a large chunk of money unfortunately till now as i speak the company didnt pay. My plan was to use the the proceeds from my final entitlement to start up my own biz Then I came back to lag, started hustling again, had to move back to family house and live with my parents again..its was really rough .till this year when I was lucky to get another job here in Lagos.. I can't lie the job has been ok, very close to my house and we are not really busy so I just they chill and collect my pay.

But my problem is I still miss Abj like mad, compared to Lagos wahala,I miss my privacy as a bachelor..Am so confused I feel like going back to Abj and starting all over again cos so far living with my parents after being alone for a long while has been hell..I also want to start a Lil biz of my own and I feel it will do well in Abj..As I speak I have been offered another job again by the grace of God and am thankful to God for it all,because e no easy to get job for this naija..but am still confused, am not happy probably because by now my plan was to be a bizman,am not happy living with my parents and I have to move out ASAP...I just don't know what to do am confused and I don't want to make another mistake.

Please I would appreciate wise and matured comments only

Guy, your problem is that YOU NEED A WOMAN IN YOUR LIFE.

Familiar story.

2 Likes

Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by Prospero01(m): 5:50pm On Dec 21, 2015
First which of the two places draws you closer to God. Consider the insecurity in the North. Wic is more expensive setting up a business in Lagos or Abuja. Apart from ministries, what's the job opportunity in Abuja? Here in Lagos, you have two offers and you still didn't see God telling you that your Canaan is in Lagos.

I think you are mistaking the fact that you are in your family house as the reason for wanting Abuja. Analyze things clearly and make up your mind. I live in Lagos alone and working as well.

Finally, the decision is yours to make.

1 Like

Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 21, 2015
chccho:
Hello peeps, I just wanted to share a Little bit of what my experience has been so far.

I was based in Abj for a while and stayed there for about 5yrs until I got tired and frustrated with my job and resigned last year. I was supposed to get paid my final entitlements which was a large chunk of money unfortunately till now as i speak the company didnt pay. My plan was to use the the proceeds from my final entitlement to start up my own biz Then I came back to lag, started hustling again, had to move back to family house and live with my parents again..its was really rough .till this year when I was lucky to get another job here in Lagos.. I can't lie the job has been ok, very close to my house and we are not really busy so I just they chill and collect my pay.

But my problem is I still miss Abj like mad, compared to Lagos wahala,I miss my privacy as a bachelor..Am so confused I feel like going back to Abj and starting all over again cos so far living with my parents after being alone for a long while has been hell..I also want to start a Lil biz of my own and I feel it will do well in Abj..As I speak I have been offered another job again by the grace of God and am thankful to God for it all,because e no easy to get job for this naija..but am still confused, am not happy probably because by now my plan was to be a bizman,am not happy living with my parents and I have to move out ASAP...I just don't know what to do am confused and I don't want to make another mistake.

Seems you missed out on that thread created to enlightened people with emphasis on Nigerians the difference between the use of i am/i'm and am

You must be lucky in life to be getting jobs easily despite your poor grammar.
Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by adonismuller(m): 6:34pm On Dec 21, 2015
chccho:

mumu talks....st*pid excuses
Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by rigarmortis: 7:25pm On Dec 21, 2015
Laburus:
Truth is you will hardly enjoy Lagos if you have lived in Abuja (Personal Experience) I lived in Ikoyi and Work in VI the Crowd and pattern of Lagos is just a bit too much for a former Abuja base Bachelor (I know about the gardens, the Parks,clubs, Wuse2 strolls, the Security and serenity etc) Come back to Abuja that is where you belong. unless of course you used to stay in Marraba while in Abuja in that case continue in Lagos. all the best

You are right bro, i am going through the same thing, but abuja is soooooooo addictive. I can close by 5. Chill and hangout till 11 and get gome by 11,15

Impossible in lagos, though i got side hustles that are almots impossible to run in abuja but easy in lagos

Its the double wammy bro

3 Likes

Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by 400billionman: 7:37pm On Dec 21, 2015
Poster, your problem is not getting a job, you already have one. You said you want to own and run your own business and out of boredom, you resigned a good job in Abuja. Now you are back to Lagos, with a job but staying with parents.

Most comments here aint addressing your root problem. Guy, if you had a lady who you loved dearly in Abuja, you would not have left that job. You would have started a business which she will manage and you now work out your resignation gradually as the business grows.

Only someone who has experienced your situation will understand. I have seen a guy in his early 30s who even had a house, two businesses but boredom once made him want to sell everything to relocate abroad.

But for timely advice.

Nah BOREDOM be your problem, go and marry.

2 Likes

Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by EverestdeBliu(m): 7:58pm On Dec 21, 2015
Danielomisco:
First of all,u need to ask yourself where do u see urself raising ur family?which environment wud u prefer they grow? Then secondly,critically analyse future prospects of the job ur about accepting like is there Job security?good pay?career long? And so on.
On personal terms tho,i think Abuja is more Ideal coupledd with the fact that ur back in ur father's house in long doesn't speak good of ur hussle.Think sharp tho,God bless!
Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by chccho(m): 8:24pm On Dec 21, 2015
[quote author=SerialGist post=41215220]

Seems you missed out on that thread created to enlig)e
Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by chccho(m): 8:26pm On Dec 21, 2015
400billionman:
Poster, your problem is not getting a job, you already have one. You said you want to own and run your own business and out of boredom, you resigned a good job in Abuja. Now you are back to Lagos, with a job but staying with parents.

Most comments here aint addressing your root problem. Guy, if you had a lady who you loved dearly in Abuja, you would not have left that job. You would have started a business which she will manage and you now work out your resignation gradually as the business grows.

Only someone who has experienced your situation will understand. I have seen a guy in his early 30s who even had a house, two businesses but boredom once made him want to sell everything to relocate abroad.

But for timely advice.

Nah BOREDOM be your problem, go and marry.
lmao bros u funny o, this got me laffn hard...Them no dey sell wife for market naa!!!
Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by chccho(m): 8:33pm On Dec 21, 2015
rigarmortis:

You are right bro, i am going through the same thing, but abuja is soooooooo addictive. I can close by 5. Chill and hangout till 11 and get gome by 11,15

Impossible in lagos, though i got side hustles that are almots impossible to run in abuja but easy in lagos

Its the double wammy bro
that's Abj life

1 Like

Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by chccho(m): 8:36pm On Dec 21, 2015
AmakaDNBStories:
OP, talk true, you have issues with your girl in Abj and you resigned and ran back home.
Now you guys have settled and you want to run back again.
Hmmmmmm.
Hmmmmm.
u have read too much of DNBStories
Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by tefund(m): 9:17pm On Dec 21, 2015
go get an apartment,clear your confusion
Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by AmakaDNBStories(f): 9:42pm On Dec 21, 2015
chccho:
u have read too much of DNBStories
cheesy cheesy
Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by butanep(m): 10:23pm On Dec 21, 2015
Prospero01:
First which of the two places draws you closer to God. Consider the insecurity in the North. Wic is more expensive setting up a business in Lagos or Abuja. Apart from ministries, what's the job opportunity in Abuja? Here in Lagos, you have two offers and you still didn't see God telling you that your Canaan is in Lagos.

I think you are mistaking the fact that you are in your family house as the reason for wanting Abuja. Analyze things clearly and make up your mind. I live in Lagos alone and working as well.

Finally, the decision is yours to make.

Good advise there...

You re my name sake...

1 Like

Re: Working In Abuja Vs Lagos by kokorodudu(f): 10:49pm On Dec 21, 2015
I think you have a bigger problem of not knowing what you want to do with your life.

chccho:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Ways You Waste Your Salary Without Knowing / 9 Things Successful Women Never Do / 8 Solid Advantages Of Marrying An Accountant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.