Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,769 members, 7,841,000 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion (41234 Views)

Photos Of Don Jazzy Proposing To Tiwa Savage After Linda Ikeji Pregnancy News / Landlord Takes Cynthia Morgan To Court Over Unpaid Rent, Tax Evasion / Lagos Sues AY And Davido Over Tax Evasion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 19, 2015
kiss
Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by compujyde: 11:23pm On Dec 19, 2015

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by dROC1: 12:47am On Dec 20, 2015
qrymz:
A source who works for d Lagos State govt told me about this over two months ago.... He actually said Gov Ambode himself personally requested to know if she pays her tax at a meeting he had with them after news of her acquiring a mansion surfaced. It's said she's over 100million naira behind in her tax.... Why you shouldn't blow ur trumpet somtyms

Nothing beats keeping a low profile in Nigeria. And to think that she had been Ambode's No 1 critic before now.
With this ongoing witch hunt of people who collected money from PDP; Linda should just lawyer up, she gonna need it.
Managing success is a course a lot of people need to take.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by Nobody: 12:50am On Dec 20, 2015
ernieboy:

How do u know dangote does not pay tax? Besides there is no basis for comparing an entrepreneur who provides employment for others ( by the way his hundreds of employees pay tax too) to a gossip blogger.

You have time to be responding to DT dolt. He lost me at "dangote does not pay tax". Maybe he thinks dangote is one roadside akpwoche businessman. Companies DT are listed on d NSE & produce accounts every year wt big 4 audit firms signing off on it. Some pple clearly need to go back to school.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by mikolo80: 1:19am On Dec 20, 2015
you are stoopid for that statement. you use road and other infrastructure and you think you shouldn't pay because you're Ibo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by Kaycvyk: 4:34am On Dec 20, 2015
Linda can't live in Lagos or Any part of Nig n not pay tax. It's jail able oooo
Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by ibedun: 4:41am On Dec 20, 2015
kettykings:
As usual, how else would the budget be funded if not from the tax from alaba, ladipo and igbo businesses

How else would the Igbo people (who are essentially backward villagers) live in Major cities and survive economically if they dont troop to Yorubaland. Pay your taxes or get the hell out!!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by AyeeIdris(f): 7:44am On Dec 20, 2015
chccho:

U failed to realize that she most likely must have acquired that property from a private owner who of cos will handover the C of O to her after the transaction is complete, or u think she bought it directly from the state govt?

You cannot hand over C of O. It's not done that way oooo. You have to put it in your own name. You don't have to buy from state. Every property must be registered
Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by Nobody: 8:04am On Dec 20, 2015
Linda should not answer them until they produce evidence of tax payment, year on year, by Davido, Wizkid, Olamide, Jennifer and all other Yoruba artists resident in Lagos.
Bloody stuupid, hypocrites.
Crazy apc lagos govt.

Come and take LUC from me na

If you live in Lagos and you pay tax willingly, then you're a BIG FOOL, you're been cheated by the govt, cos you still provide ALL your basic needs and amenities yourself
Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by docadams: 10:55am On Dec 20, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Na court na. Abi govt na person name?

You know say that's a long long narrow path to freedom.
Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:51am On Dec 20, 2015
Alternatively, you can petition the IRS to get them address it.
docadams:

You know say that's a long long narrow path to freedom.
Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by docadams: 1:10pm On Dec 20, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Alternatively, you can petition the IRS to get them address it.

Men, seeking justice in naija can be frustrating. I (and we) have toiled for a just taxation but no way. It's typical of Delta state.
Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:26pm On Dec 20, 2015
docadams:

Men, seeking justice in naija can be frustrating. I (and we) have toiled for a just taxation but no way. It's typical of Delta state.
You have to seek justice. Petition the revenue service, if they don't show interest then we'll know what to do next.
Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by adaweezy(m): 1:28pm On Dec 20, 2015
glossy6:

FIRS assesses and collects taxes from companies while states deals with individual taxpayers. Linda will have to answer to LIRS since it involves individuals (WHT inclusive )
The individual Tax identification number in respect of payee taxes is generated by LIRS??

My point is very simple like, both agencies work together
Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by kihemeje96(f): 1:37pm On Dec 20, 2015
Why are they after Linda. Is she the only land owner who has not paid tax in Naija? Os is it because she made so much publicity about this house? Maybe she should have kept low profile after the purchase.
Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by docadams: 1:41pm On Dec 20, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

You have to seek justice. Petition the revenue service, if they don't show interest then we'll know what to do next.

OK men. Thanks for being a brother's keeper.
Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:53pm On Dec 20, 2015
docadams:

OK men. Thanks for being a brother's keeper.
My pleasure boss
Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by adaweezy(m): 1:54pm On Dec 20, 2015
Manspeaks:

A particular issue raised by a source was the withholding tax ought to have been paid to the state government on the 600 million naira property she recently acquired which may amount to about 30 million naira only.

She is not responsible here. The seller is to withhold the amount and not the buyer.

In practice it's the buyer that settles all necessary charges
Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by COMPAQ(m): 10:46pm On Dec 20, 2015
kihemeje96:
Why are they after Linda. Is she the only land owner who has not paid tax in Naija? Os is it because she made so much publicity about this house? Maybe she should have kept low profile after the purchase.

It's not about going after anybody. Linda has made the most noise on social media about her wealth, so it's only natural they start with her. Left to me, Lagos state government should now go after all other musicians, comedians, fashion designers, make up artists etc who earn very good income but don't pay tax.

The issue of how the government spends the money though is a separate matter, but doesn't mean she shouldn't pay. It's like paying tithes in the church. Your own is to pay. Whether the pastor uses it it well is another matter.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by Nobody: 3:48am On Dec 21, 2015
If the source is not Sahara reporters then I choose not to believe it. Which kind of 2 kobo website is this reporting the news? I've never heard of the site before.
Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by phemmy26(m): 8:34pm On Dec 21, 2015
what about the issue of VAT

She renders services to people hence her charges should also include VAT.
Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by pheliciti: 8:04pm On Jan 09, 2016
victorjam:

d fact of d matter is that i am more educated than you, thats undisputed.

by the way am only sayin that der is no blogger in Nigeria that pays tax and as such no one shuld crucify linda for not doin same. i believe that seun d owner of dis website doesnt pay tax, thats another undisputed fact. idi.ot
You can't even spell correctly. What a shame!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Beyonce's Album: Davido Congratulates Wizkid, Others For Making / BBNaija: Pasuma Reacts To Cee-C's Fight With Tobi / Destiny Etiko Survives Car Accident After Attending Stanley Okoro's Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.