Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,929 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

6 Ways Feminism Demeans Women - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 6 Ways Feminism Demeans Women (1050 Views)

6 Ways To Make Your Home More Appealing To Visitors / 6 Ways To Be A Better Listener / 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Ways Feminism Demeans Women by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 20, 2015
I’ve been a bit vocal lately on how feminism negatively affects men and fathers and encourages them to behave in ways that ultimately undermine themselves, women and relationships. In the interest of fairness and equality, today I would like to point out how feminism insults and demeans women. Feminists claim to represent and promote the interests of women, but if you scratch the surface, you’ll find that feminism embraces a streak of misogyny to make the ancient patriarchs green with envy. Here are six ways that feminism insults, belittles and demeans the women it is supposedly supporting and encouraging. 1. Yes Means Yes The new Yes Means Yes affirmative consent law in California achieves a few astonishing feats: it turns normal, consensual sex into rape and it strips the accused of due process by requiring confirmation of consent at all stages of sexual encounters. Consent must be enthusiastic, ongoing and affirmed. Not only does this turn sex into a decidedly unsexy, legally fraught encounter, but it also implicitly requires men to obtain consent from women and not the other way around. I have yet to have a feminist give me a clear answer to one simple question: “I have never, ever once requested permission from a man to have sex with him—am I a rapist?” What underlies the whole affirmative consent program is the idea that women are emotionally crippled, fearful, insecure and immature weaklings who cannot possibly make their thoughts and desires clearly known to adult partners. Feminist laws about consent turn grown women into slobbering, babbling toddlers who must be interrogated at every stage of the game to see what their thoughts might be, rather like trying to figure out which underpants your two-year-old wants to wear when he has forgotten the words “Incredible Hulk.” My, how empowering. No thanks.
Re: 6 Ways Feminism Demeans Women by Nobody: 9:36pm On Dec 20, 2015
due to the platform i am using to communicate here, i am sorry i cannot copy and post large volume of writeups. Here is a link to the original and full article:

http://thoughtcatalog.com/janet-bloomfield/2014/11/6-ways-that-feminism-insults-and-demeans-women-while-claiming-to-protect-them/
Re: 6 Ways Feminism Demeans Women by ggirl4real: 9:40pm On Dec 20, 2015
Op, I don't clearly get your points..
Re: 6 Ways Feminism Demeans Women by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 20, 2015
ggirl4real:
Op, I don't clearly get your points..

i didn't write that. I only copied it and posted it here. You can follow the link to read the whole thing.
Re: 6 Ways Feminism Demeans Women by ggirl4real: 9:57pm On Dec 20, 2015
craziebone:

i didn't write that. I only copied it and posted it here. You can follow the link to read the whole thing.

Ok
Re: 6 Ways Feminism Demeans Women by SAMBARRY: 10:04pm On Dec 20, 2015
Msheeeewwww undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Ways Feminism Demeans Women by cococandy(f): 10:17pm On Dec 20, 2015
grin grin

Okokporo

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways Feminism Demeans Women by cococandy(f): 10:21pm On Dec 20, 2015
See your life?

4 Likes

Re: 6 Ways Feminism Demeans Women by Nobody: 10:46pm On Dec 20, 2015
cococandy:
See your life?
so what's the meaning of this?

2 Likes

Re: 6 Ways Feminism Demeans Women by Nobody: 11:53am On Dec 21, 2015
have yet to have a feminist give me a clear answer to one simple question: “I have never, ever once requested permission from a man to have sex with him—am I a rapist?”

grin grin grin
Re: 6 Ways Feminism Demeans Women by bukatyne(f): 12:03pm On Dec 21, 2015
cococandy:
See your life?

I read the article too and I think it is basically crap (to put it likely).
Re: 6 Ways Feminism Demeans Women by cococandy(f): 12:04pm On Dec 21, 2015
bukatyne:

Didn't read nada though cheesy
No time.
Re: 6 Ways Feminism Demeans Women by bukatyne(f): 12:32pm On Dec 21, 2015
cococandy:

Didn't read nada though cheesy
No time.

Lols
Re: 6 Ways Feminism Demeans Women by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 21, 2015
bukatyne:

why do you think it is crap? Care to explain?
Re: 6 Ways Feminism Demeans Women by Nobody: 1:48pm On Dec 21, 2015
cococandy:
Didn't read nada though cheesy No time.
but you've got time to comment?

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways Feminism Demeans Women by bukatyne(f): 2:34pm On Dec 21, 2015
craziebone:
why do you think it is crap? Care to explain?

The author did not write that article with objectivity.

But then, I do not hold it against her; most people don't support their points with objectivity

Feminists and anti-feminists alike.

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways Feminism Demeans Women by Nobody: 3:07pm On Dec 21, 2015
bukatyne:

The author did not write that article with objectivity.

But then, I do not hold it against her; most people don't support their points with objectivity

Feminists and anti-feminists alike.

well, i think she was fair on a number of issues. Care to outline where you think she wasn't fair?
Re: 6 Ways Feminism Demeans Women by bukatyne(f): 3:08pm On Dec 21, 2015
craziebone:

well, i think she was fair on a number of issues. Care to outline where you think she wasn't fair?

I cannot relate to what she said; it seems pulled out of thin air and exaggerated to make her points.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Ways Feminism Demeans Women by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 21, 2015
If you do not like feminists, why don't you just avoid them. Why you dey carry thier matter for head grin

3 Likes

Re: 6 Ways Feminism Demeans Women by Nobody: 3:12pm On Dec 21, 2015
bukatyne:

I cannot relate to what she said; it seems pulled out of thin air and exaggerated to make her points.
well then its ok. You don't have to agree with everyone.

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways Feminism Demeans Women by GetRekt: 2:32pm On Jan 20, 2016
So now saying that you have to make sure your partner is interested before having sex is unsexy? Wtf is unsexy about having your babe go 'god yes' in response to 'can I kiss you?" Or "f*ck you're really turning me on" or hell, "I brought condoms". How uncreative can people get?

also, active consent doesn't just fall on guy's shoulders. Lesbians exist, as do gay men and bisexuals, and Hot women. All that good stuff.
Re: 6 Ways Feminism Demeans Women by tpiar: 2:35pm On Jan 20, 2016
If someone is harassing you sexually by kissing you inappropriately or whatever, sound the person a sound slap and get out of there immediately.

Note: dont do this with hardened touts oh, or in a dangerous situation.

weigh your options.

(1) (Reply)

Baby Wey No Wan Him Mama Back Rest (Photo) / African Mother Technology / Mistakes Parents Make During Child Upbringing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.