Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,253 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

6 Ways To Make Your Home More Appealing To Visitors - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 6 Ways To Make Your Home More Appealing To Visitors (30381 Views)

Make Your Home More Beautiful With Our "pandemic season" Promo / 6 Ways Of Rebuilding Trust In Your Marriage After It's Been Broken / 6 Ways To Be A Better Listener (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Ways To Make Your Home More Appealing To Visitors by Opinionated: 1:59pm On Jun 12, 2017
Nigerians are generally hospitable people and as such, they feel excited when they find they have to host guests in their homes. Unfortunately, not all Nigerians make a big deal of setting up their homes. As such, while some guests may extend their stay in a home they find alluring and comfortable, others also leave earlier than planned and never return for another visit if they consider the home unappealing.

Basically, an inviting home not only makes visitors’ stay enjoyable and memorable, it helps them feel at home them and lingers in their minds long after they have gone. Jumia Travel shares 6 ways you can make your home more appealing to visitors.

Have an inviting fragrance

The way a house smells says a lot about the people that live in it and goes a long way to determine how comfortable a guest will be while visiting. Inviting smell or neutral smell is quite preferable to bad smell which is quite discouraging. To keep your homes appealing, ensure you remove dirty laundry, and always discard sour food, and the likes. Never try to mask odors, remove them and then replace them with something like a scented candle, e.t.c.

Keep a tidy bathroom

The bathroom/toilet is a very important part of any home as most visitors tend to visit the bathroom to ease them or wash their hands while visiting, especially if they are visiting for a long time. Ensure the bathroom is clean, and smells good with a subtle air freshener. Also make sure there is plenty of toilet paper and a hand towel for guests to dry their hands. There should also be a garbage where those who use the bathroom can discard such items as sanitary pad or soiled sheets.

Give your home a personal touch

Most people will not visit if they feel the house is too formal and gives off a hotel vibe rather than a homey feel. Adding a few personal touches such as flowers, picture frames or a pot plant here and there help add a bit of warmth to the home, making it very inviting and appealing.

Declutter

No one wants to visit a home that is cramped or choked with so much furniture or items. Oversized or too much furniture, large bench top appliances, and personal items like photographs, CDs, books and magazines should be avoided, and all items no longer needed should be put in storage. A spacious home makes the visitor feel less claustrophobic while visiting.

Use adequate lighting

A well-lit home is far more inviting than a poorly lit one. Ensure you have light at the important areas of your home, especially your house front as the front door is always the main attraction. Also, remove heavy window treatments, shades or blinds that keep the home’s interior dark and dreary and prevent air flow.

Use vibrant Colors

The first thing visitors will notice about any home is the colour of the house or color theme used. To pull your guests in, use vibrant colours, adding fun lighting or a piece of art, or really anything else that will catch attention. Doing this creates a sort of happy feeling and most visitors would love to stay for a while and get to know your space.

source: http://www.opinions.ng/make-home-appealing-visitors/

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 6 Ways To Make Your Home More Appealing To Visitors by BiafraBushBoy(m): 2:14pm On Jun 12, 2017
undecided undecided undecided

Have an A.C

Have a Play Station

Have a good home theater

Have lots of beer in the fridge!!

This is for just my guys them!! wink

165 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 6 Ways To Make Your Home More Appealing To Visitors by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jun 12, 2017
I don't visit and I don't solicit visits...I dislike awkward moments.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Ways To Make Your Home More Appealing To Visitors by verygudbadguy(m): 3:29pm On Jun 12, 2017
Good thread.

Bad toilet is a huge turn off. Little wonder why people always go for Bank's toilet. It is always warming and inviting. grin

Delightful ambiance too.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Ways To Make Your Home More Appealing To Visitors by seuncyrus(m): 3:29pm On Jun 12, 2017
I don't even know why I booked space when I have nothing to say

3 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Make Your Home More Appealing To Visitors by askYomi(m): 3:29pm On Jun 12, 2017
is it your home?
Re: 6 Ways To Make Your Home More Appealing To Visitors by Tobilastik(m): 3:29pm On Jun 12, 2017
nobody cleans a house faster than a man expecting to get laid. lipsrsealed

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Ways To Make Your Home More Appealing To Visitors by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jun 12, 2017
Op you just talked about me kiss
Re: 6 Ways To Make Your Home More Appealing To Visitors by DirtyGold: 3:30pm On Jun 12, 2017
Welcome to my house... but be rest assured I'll chase you if you attempt to overstay your welcome. cool angry
Be brief, enjoy your stay and let's do it again another time. smiley wink

What's tha business?

3 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Make Your Home More Appealing To Visitors by Sirpaul(m): 3:30pm On Jun 12, 2017
wetin concern you with my home
kekuanu.... ogini
Re: 6 Ways To Make Your Home More Appealing To Visitors by Yewandequeen(f): 3:30pm On Jun 12, 2017
Why should I turn my room to a museum
Re: 6 Ways To Make Your Home More Appealing To Visitors by MillionDollars: 3:30pm On Jun 12, 2017
Cook jollof rice every Sunday

2 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Make Your Home More Appealing To Visitors by bigsmoke2(m): 3:30pm On Jun 12, 2017
I don't like visitors

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Ways To Make Your Home More Appealing To Visitors by RealDannie(m): 3:31pm On Jun 12, 2017
sad
Re: 6 Ways To Make Your Home More Appealing To Visitors by Esetim(f): 3:32pm On Jun 12, 2017
So that the visitor won't go again abi?
Some visitors may get too comfortable and over extend their stay.

#Just kidding sha

3 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Make Your Home More Appealing To Visitors by seunlly(m): 3:32pm On Jun 12, 2017
op your point
Re: 6 Ways To Make Your Home More Appealing To Visitors by Chuknovski(m): 3:32pm On Jun 12, 2017
what of those wey dey shiit outside
Re: 6 Ways To Make Your Home More Appealing To Visitors by verygudbadguy(m): 3:33pm On Jun 12, 2017
Tobilastik:
nobody cleans a house faster than a man expecting to get laid. lipsrsealed

Synonym: Nothing gives a man joy like the phrase "Go and lock the door"....

8 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Make Your Home More Appealing To Visitors by suethebastard(f): 3:35pm On Jun 12, 2017
The must not visit abeg....and why should a visitor dispose her sanitary pad in my house? She had better take it to her house for better disposal.
Lastly if u don't feel comfortable in my house then go to ur house.

6 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Make Your Home More Appealing To Visitors by seunlly(m): 3:35pm On Jun 12, 2017
Chuknovski:
Whoa. u will need to do extra work.
Re: 6 Ways To Make Your Home More Appealing To Visitors by Drsheddy(m): 3:35pm On Jun 12, 2017
Chuknovski:

Do you mean AFON** dam??

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways To Make Your Home More Appealing To Visitors by fisher101(m): 3:36pm On Jun 12, 2017
BroZuma:
I don't visit and I don't solicit visits...

Sadist!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Ways To Make Your Home More Appealing To Visitors by flyca: 3:37pm On Jun 12, 2017
1 way: just make money wink

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways To Make Your Home More Appealing To Visitors by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jun 12, 2017
fisher101:

Sadist!!!

No bro...hermit.

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways To Make Your Home More Appealing To Visitors by chukslawrence(m): 3:38pm On Jun 12, 2017
Ok
Re: 6 Ways To Make Your Home More Appealing To Visitors by MhizValentina12(f): 3:45pm On Jun 12, 2017
lol just loose ur dogs they wont even cross ur gates.... I'm joking o
Re: 6 Ways To Make Your Home More Appealing To Visitors by Kentrasso(f): 3:45pm On Jun 12, 2017
How do you save posts on nairaland? This needs to be saved asap kiss
Re: 6 Ways To Make Your Home More Appealing To Visitors by Nickymezor(f): 3:45pm On Jun 12, 2017
Alright. I done hear.
Re: 6 Ways To Make Your Home More Appealing To Visitors by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jun 12, 2017
Re: 6 Ways To Make Your Home More Appealing To Visitors by dragnet: 3:56pm On Jun 12, 2017
the visitor no get home abi my house na for tourism?
while I'm not against making the home look good and inviting, it should be to my taste, heck! I'll be there 24/7.

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways To Make Your Home More Appealing To Visitors by jayAjoku(m): 3:59pm On Jun 12, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:
undecided undecided undecided

Have an A.C

Have a Play Station

Have a good home theater

Have lots of beer in the fridge!!

This is for just my guys them!! wink
i swear guys will not want to go . girls will be forgetting their stuffgrin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Wife Had A Son For Another Man, What Should I Do? / Woman Chased Out By Her Son-In-Law Builds Her Own House Years After / Family House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.