Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,332 members, 7,819,138 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

The Differences Between Sunni And Shi'a Muslim. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Differences Between Sunni And Shi'a Muslim. (3355 Views)

Differences Between Islam And Western Ideology / Between Sunni and Shia, Islam Is Lost / An Educative Debate Between Imam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal And The Shi'a (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Differences Between Sunni And Shi'a Muslim. by Emman93(m): 10:35pm On Dec 20, 2015
After the death of Prophet Mohammad In the year 632 there was a dispute in the question of who should be his succession. Majority of the prophet followers wanted election to be conducted to determine his successors but a smaller group who believe that leadership is ordained by God wanted someone from the prophet family to sit on the mantle of leadership and they favoured a man called Ali who was married to prophet
Mohammad daughter Fatimah. This small group of people who opted for Ali as his successors are called the " Shia" the ones being killed in Zaria. The Shia believes that leadership should stay within the family
of the prophet. However the other group of followers were agitating for election to be conducted to determine the first caliphate to sit as the prophet successor. These group of people believes that leaders can be selected through an electoral process. These group of muslim are called the Sunnis, the Sunni so much believes in politics that it was recorded that even before the Prophet was buried( May his soul rest in peace) they Sunnis hurriedly conducted and elected the prophet friend Abu Bakr as the first Caliph to become his successor. As a result of war and conspiracy,the first and second caliph who were elected was killed. Ali was later made the fourth caliph but there was serious war and conspiracy and Ali was killed. Hussein the son of Ali rejected the next caliph and his companions including 72 members of his family who fourth against the large Arab army of the Caliphate were all massacred with Hussein Head cut off and his body burred in the war field. This is a reminiscence of the hatred that is presently happening between an Army general who is a Sunnis and the shia in Zaria. They know much about their history so when i hear many people arguing in this forum i laugh because some of you are ignorant, i notice every voice of the Sunnis and Shia in this forum and i want to be sincere now. The fight among them is common and from decade but the fact still remains that the Shia Muslim are more sincere,honest,straightforward and God fearing than the Sunni, though they may share somethings in common but the Shia don't kill any how or struggle for electoral power than the Sunnis, the Sunni are more oppressive,cony,political and violent when looking for electoral power than the Shia, they Sunni can do anything to be elected into power since that is their believe, they are very difficult to trust, A shia can gives his heart to you and never turn back if he agrees, a Shia can either say yes or no to your request but a Sunnis will never say yes or no he will silently follow you politically and at any slightest opportunity he can kill for power, they can kill by all means to elect their leader and once that leader is elected he is permitted to kill and destroy anybody that stands on his way, just watch the trend in Nigeria gradually.
Re: The Differences Between Sunni And Shi'a Muslim. by Fundamentalist: 11:02pm On Dec 20, 2015
Yawns... ..... So much rubbish ^^^^^^ for the day. Thought I was going to read something interesting

1 Like

Re: The Differences Between Sunni And Shi'a Muslim. by ysadiq(m): 7:38am On Dec 21, 2015
My friend i guess u're also shiite for you to have written all this. I will advise you to seek for more knowledge i mean real islamic knowledge.

1 Like

Re: The Differences Between Sunni And Shi'a Muslim. by olayinkajnr(m): 7:40am On Dec 21, 2015
And their religious practice is ideal too abi? I wonder what some people think before creating a thread. Do u know that a Shite don't believe in Prophet Muhammad? Do u know that majority of the Shite don't pray the 5 daily prayers? How did I come to know? I have many of them as friends. Yes, they are nice people to say the fact but their deen is against Islam... Before you judge me, I live close to their headquarters here in Zaria and on a serious note, I see things... Bizarre things.. And God knows best..

2 Likes

Re: The Differences Between Sunni And Shi'a Muslim. by BETATRON(m): 7:54am On Dec 21, 2015
olayinkajnr:
And their religious practice is ideal too abi? I wonder what some people think before creating a thread. Do u know that a Shite don't believe in Prophet Muhammad? Do u know that majority of the Shite don't pray the 5 daily prayers? How did I come to know? I have many of them as friends. Yes, they are nice people to say the fact but their deen is against Islam... Before you judge me, I live close to their headquarters here in Zaria and on a serious note, I see things... Bizarre things.. And God knows best..
majority of SHIAs don't believe in prophet Muhammad--that is a very very big lie---if you speak the truth then provide proof from a shia source that shows that they don't believe in prophet muhammad

MAJORITY of shias don't pray five times daily..lol another lie...your problem is you are quick to generalize...you have them as your friends but MAJORITY ain't your friend

One of the good qualities of imam khomenie(a shia) in his biography is he never missed any of the RECOMMENDED prayers since he was 18

You claim is like that of some1 who has 2 sunni friends who dnt pray and then conclude that the entire sunni muslims don't pray

Before you judge me I lived in a house dominated by shias one and I lived in the same room with them and neva have I seen any of them missed the five daily prayers

1 Like

Re: The Differences Between Sunni And Shi'a Muslim. by olayinkajnr(m): 10:56am On Dec 21, 2015
BETATRON:
majority of SHIAs don't believe in prophet Muhammad--that is a very very big lie---if you speak the truth then provide proof from a shia source that shows that they don't believe in prophet muhammad

MAJORITY of shias don't pray five times daily..lol another lie...your problem is you are quick to generalize...you have them as your friends but MAJORITY ain't your friend

One of the good qualities of imam khomenie(a shia) in his biography is he never missed any of the RECOMMENDED prayers since he was 18

You claim is like that of some1 who has 2 sunni friends who dnt pray and then conclude that the entire sunni muslims don't pray

Before you judge me I lived in a house dominated by shias one and I lived in the same room with them and neva have I seen any of them missed the five daily prayers

Lolz, you are damn funny. Seems like someone don't understand or know simple English here. I said majority... Does that mean all? The truth behind Shia is not far fetched. I live close to their already demolished headquarters. And I see things. The way you sound makes me think you are one of them even if you are not (no offence meant though). In my post, I said they are good people no doubts but their doings contradicts the deen. I'll like to meet you one on one as I can't really be satisfied in butressing my points here on a faceless site.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: The Differences Between Sunni And Shi'a Muslim. by BETATRON(m): 11:14am On Dec 21, 2015
olayinkajnr:

Lolz, you are damn funny. Seems like someone don't understand or know simple English here. I said majority... Does that mean all? The truth behind Shia is not far fetched. I live close to their already demolished headquarters. And I see things. The way you sound makes me think you are one of them even if you are not (no offence meant though). In my post, I said they are good people no doubts but their doings contradicts the deen. I'll like to meet you one on one as I can't really be satisfied in butressing my points here on a faceless site.

Thanks
yeah.I saw it,you said MAJORITY..what I say is majority are very prayerfull,.I dnt know about the zaria shias but I have met and lived with quit a number of shias..and I haven't seen any who isn't prayerful among them

The 4th shitte imam is given the title of SAJAD due to his level of dedication to worship..come to think of it, this imam is considered as INFallible...for an infallible to reach this level of worship...why won't his followers who see him as a role model at least perform the 5 obligatory prayers

I have gone through a lot of shia articles and all of them perceive salat as very important

1 Like

Re: The Differences Between Sunni And Shi'a Muslim. by olayinkajnr(m): 11:29am On Dec 21, 2015
BETATRON:
yeah.I saw it,you said MAJORITY..what I say is majority are very prayerfull,.I dnt know about the zaria shias but I have met and lived with quit a number of shias..and I haven't seen any who isn't prayerful among them

The 4th shitte imam is given the title of SAJAD due to his level of dedication to worship..come to think of it, this imam is considered as INFallible...for an infallible to reach this level of worship...why won't his followers who see him as a role model at least perform the 5 obligatory prayers

I have gone through a lot of shia articles and all of them perceive salat as very important

Now you make more sense. But to add to it, Zaria is the headquarters of Shias in the federation and they all converge here in Zaria like they did last two weeks before the clash happened. Those I met too are prayerful, they pray but they don't complete their Salat.. It more like part of their doctrines.. But who am I to judge? Allahu Ahlam.

1 Like

Re: The Differences Between Sunni And Shi'a Muslim. by BETATRON(m): 11:35am On Dec 21, 2015
olayinkajnr:

Now you make more sense. But to add to it, Zaria is the headquarters of Shias in the federation and they all converge here in Zaria like they did last two weeks before the clash happened. Those I met too are prayerful, they pray but they don't complete their Salat.. It more like part of their doctrines.. But who am I to judge? Allahu Ahlam.
wouldn't like to push the discussion any further..but have you gone through their doctrines?
Re: The Differences Between Sunni And Shi'a Muslim. by olayinkajnr(m): 11:52am On Dec 21, 2015
BETATRON:
wouldn't like to push the discussion any further..but have you gone through their doctrines?

Yeah, out of my curiosity I once had a discussion with one of their Mallam.. And I have their books(pdf), but I'm not convinced as I saw so many odd things about them. But I think at this point. I'll pass and God knows best. Some of them, pray just 2 rakaats for Zuhr, then they won't pray Asr or Maghrib. They just offer it any how. And also, part of their doing is, they don't place their head on the groud during Rukkuh. They use stone to touch their head rather. And also, they don't say 'Subhana Robiyal Alla' they say something else in glorification of their Sheikh. Is that how to pray in Islam? Like you said, your friends might pray well but come to their headquarters, you will see things my brother.
Re: The Differences Between Sunni And Shi'a Muslim. by BETATRON(m): 12:05pm On Dec 21, 2015
olayinkajnr:

Yeah, out of my curiosity I once had a discussion with one of their Mallam.. And I have their books(pdf), but I'm not convinced as I saw so many odd things about them. But I think at this point. I'll pass and God knows best. Some of them, pray just 2 rakaats for Zuhr, then they won't pray Asr or Maghrib. They just offer it any how. And also, part of their doing is, they don't place their head on the groud during Rukkuh. They use stone to touch their head rather. And also, they don't say 'Subhana Robiyal Alla' they say something else in glorification of their Sheikh. Is that how to pray in Islam? Like you said, your friends might pray well but come to their headquarters, you will see things my brother.
lol..which of their books did you see all these..apart from placing their heads on turba..

The shias I know say "subhana robiyal Allah"

1 Like

Re: The Differences Between Sunni And Shi'a Muslim. by olayinkajnr(m): 2:35pm On Dec 21, 2015
BETATRON:
lol..which of their books did you see all these..apart from placing their heads on turba..

The shias I know say "subhana robiyal Allah"

At this point, I think I'll stop. But I know I'm saying the truth. You are in defence of them whch is somehow strange. U sound like one of them. No offence..

Have a níce day

1 Like

Re: The Differences Between Sunni And Shi'a Muslim. by BETATRON(m): 2:54pm On Dec 21, 2015
olayinkajnr:

At this point, I think I'll stop. But I know I'm saying the truth. You are in defence of them whch is somehow strange. U sound like one of them. No offence..

Have a níce day
lol..just asking for the names of the materials you found all these strange practices in shia creed..so I can get them and see for my self
Re: The Differences Between Sunni And Shi'a Muslim. by MrOlai: 12:52am On Dec 22, 2015
olayinkajnr:

At this point, I think I'll stop. But I know I'm saying the truth. You are in defence of them whch is somehow strange. U sound like one of them . No offence..
Have a níce day

You're correct! He is a shia. Please, don't be deceived! That is one of their modus operandi!

1 Like

Re: The Differences Between Sunni And Shi'a Muslim. by olayinkajnr(m): 8:57am On Dec 22, 2015
MrOlai:

You're correct! He is a shia. Please, don't be deceived! That is one of their modus operandi!

Lolz, i though as much bro

1 Like

Re: The Differences Between Sunni And Shi'a Muslim. by Jangebii(m): 10:52pm On Dec 22, 2015
Assalamu alaykum! Very interesting topic blessed brothers. Yeah is the Shi'ah modus operandi to hide their identity, unless where it becomes apparent. They call it Taqiyyah, to hide your true identity and sort to hypocrisy. Is one of the fundamentals of their believes. May Allah guide us aright. Amiin!

1 Like

Re: The Differences Between Sunni And Shi'a Muslim. by olayinkajnr(m): 6:11am On Dec 23, 2015
Jangebii:
Assalamu alaykum! Very interesting topic blessed brothers. Yeah is the Shi'ah modus operandi to hide their identity, unless where it becomes apparent. They call it Taqiyyah, to hide your true identity and sort to hypocrisy. Is one of the fundamentals of their believes. May Allah guide us aright. Amiin!

Ameen my brother. I guess lying is part of their believes too. One thing I always say to myself and to people is 'If you know or belief is true, why be shy to show it? Why afraid to express it?'

May Allah be our guide. Ameen

1 Like

Re: The Differences Between Sunni And Shi'a Muslim. by BETATRON(m): 7:46am On Dec 23, 2015
olayinkajnr:

Ameen my brother. I guess lying is part of their believes too. One thing I always say to myself and to people is 'If you know or belief is true, why be shy to show it? Why afraid to express it?'

May Allah be our guide. Ameen
---chuckles---my only request is you give me a list of the text (from shia source) you find these strange practices in shia doctrines cause I haven't seen any

---like where it is stated in their books that they shouldn't pray five times daily---at least that will help me and OThERS see the bad side of the shias

and you are unable to do that..how shameful it is that you're unable to provide valid proves for your claims...who should be considered a lier now?..the one who made claims and couldn't back them up with proves or the one who asked for the proves

----say,produce your proof if you should be truthful--2:111----

Lol...not every1 here is so sentimental about shias...those who are sentimental don't need proof for whatever you say regarding them so long it is derogatory

1 Like

Re: The Differences Between Sunni And Shi'a Muslim. by olayinkajnr(m): 8:15am On Dec 23, 2015
BETATRON:
---chuckles---my only request is you give me a list of the text (from shia source) you find these strange practices in shia doctrines cause I haven't seen any

---like where it is stated in their books that they shouldn't pray five times daily---at least that will help me and OThERS see the bad side of the shias

and you are unable to do that..how shameful it is that you're unable to provide valid proves for your claims...who should be considered a lier now?..the one who made claims and couldn't back them up with proves or the one who asked for the proves

----say,produce your proof if you should be truthful--2:111----

Lol...not every1 here is so sentimental about shias...those who are sentimental don't need proof for whatever you say regarding them so long it is derogatory

Lolz, I don't need to show you proofs on what you practice. You know better. Like I told you earlier, I'll like to meet you face on rather than exchange arguments with you on this faceless site and I'll pass meaning I have no discussion or words to exchange with a Shite...

And I'll advice you stop rejecting your faith. Stop using 'theirs' when you are a one of their own.

Many people know what Shia is and I believe you know what your practice looks like...
Its part of your modus operandi not to reveal your true identity I get. But I won't like to go further in this discussion.

Allahu Ahlam, and If you don't know what it means, I meant, Allah knows best. Have a níce day.

1 Like

Re: The Differences Between Sunni And Shi'a Muslim. by Kunlexic(m): 8:25am On Dec 23, 2015
Even according to what I was told about the shias,they assasinated a caliph so that Alli will be the nest calipha and later they killd Alli too.
Re: The Differences Between Sunni And Shi'a Muslim. by BETATRON(m): 8:47am On Dec 23, 2015
olayinkajnr:

Lolz, I don't need to show you proofs on what you practice. You know better. Like I told you earlier, I'll like to meet you face on rather than exchange arguments with you on this faceless site and I'll pass meaning I have no discussion or words to exchange with a Shite...

And I'll advice you stop rejecting your faith. Stop using 'theirs' when you are a one of their own.

Many people know what Shia is and I believe you know what your practice looks like...
Its part of your modus operandi not to reveal your true identity I get. But I won't like to go further in this discussion.

Allahu Ahlam, and If you don't know what it means, I meant, Allah knows best. Have a níce day.
point of correction...many people are very ignorant of what shiism is "omly basing their judgments on what their clerics said not that they have seen proofs of these in any shia source itself

I should inform you that this is my 3rd year studying shiism( from shia sources) and I haven't come across the things you have stated,,that is why I requested you to provide valid proof from shia sources

So if you can't provide your proves I have every reason to consider you a LIER.

If you check most of my articles here on nairaland--i include the name of the text and their authors and most of them are from shia sources. And most of my comment here on islam forum are in support of shias,,one thing I will like to to know again is a respect shias more than sunnis..cause whatever they say they provide you with VALID PROVES,,

---what I want you to understand from the above is I'm not afraid of any body here on nairaland to by so doing hide my identity--so think what you wish----

1 Like

Re: The Differences Between Sunni And Shi'a Muslim. by BETATRON(m): 8:50am On Dec 23, 2015
Kunlexic:
Even according to what I was told about the shias,they assasinated a caliph so that Alli will be the nest calipha and later they killd Alli too.
lol many people were TOLD a lot of things....what an INTELLECTUAL does is demand proof and not base his judgments on what he was TOLD

1 Like

Re: The Differences Between Sunni And Shi'a Muslim. by Kunlexic(m): 9:06am On Dec 23, 2015
BETATRON:
lol many people were TOLD a lot of things....what an INTELLECTUAL does is demand proof and not base his judgments on what he was TOLD
Apart from proof,all av bin hearing about dem are negative.So dat is enof for person to rely...no need of proof again though I avnt seen any of dem b4 or maybe I dnt recognise dem.
Re: The Differences Between Sunni And Shi'a Muslim. by BETATRON(m): 9:14am On Dec 23, 2015
Kunlexic:
Apart from proof,all av bin hearing about dem are negative.So dat is enof for person to rely...no need of proof again though I avnt seen any of dem b4 or maybe I dnt recognise dem.
they TOLD you that they(shias) killed a caliph..but they never told you that 11 of the 12 shia caliphs were killed?

You sound like some1 who heard that prophet muhammad spread islam by the sword and didn't ask for proof..then hear's again that he copied from the koran and hears all sought of things about Him all of which has no proof

Then he says since all I have HEARD about him. Are negative I don't need any proof...how correct is this methodology?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Differences Between Sunni And Shi'a Muslim. by olayinkajnr(m): 9:17am On Dec 23, 2015
BETATRON:

I should inform you that this is my 3rd year studying shiism( from shia sources) and I haven't come across the things you have stated,,that is why I requested you to provide valid proof from shia sources

---what I want you to understand from the above is I'm not afraid of any body here on nairaland to by so doing hide my identity--so think what you wish----

Lolz, u don't need to be afraid of anyone. At the bolded, you've been a real Shite Muslim ever since you were born. Don't lie that you studied them for 3 years. Yours is 3 years, I've studied them for more than 20years. You haven't come across what I stated cause you are not even close to the locality of their leader (Zakzaky). Like I said earlier, I've seen things. I'll be on my stair case, viewing them from below.

You won't accept that they practice all I've mentioned neither wil I believe you that they are good Muslims... So, at this juncture, I think it's okay. Wishing you all the best in your so called study of Shiism... Have a níce day ahead.

1 Like

Re: The Differences Between Sunni And Shi'a Muslim. by olayinkajnr(m): 9:22am On Dec 23, 2015
Kunlexic, the thing is that, someone already into the practice will find it difficult to believe you. But I know cause I've seen. He knows cause he is one of them. Hence will say anything to debunk your claim. So, I'll advice you to just ignore and exit the thread like I did. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Differences Between Sunni And Shi'a Muslim. by olayinkajnr(m): 9:26am On Dec 23, 2015
BETATRON:

And you've judged yourself.
Re: The Differences Between Sunni And Shi'a Muslim. by BETATRON(m): 9:30am On Dec 23, 2015
olayinkajnr:

Lolz, u don't need to be afraid of anyone. At the bolded, you've been a real Shite Muslim ever since you were born. Don't lie that you studied them for 3 years. Yours is 3 years, I've studied them for more than 20years. You haven't come across what I stated cause you are not even close to the locality of their leader (Zakzaky). Like I said earlier, I've seen things. I'll be on my stair case, viewing them from below.

You won't accept that they practice all I've mentioned neither wil I believe you that they are good Muslims... So, at this juncture, I think it's okay. Wishing you all the best in your so called study of Shiism... Have a níce day ahead.
lol..your funny oh....just provide your PROVES,,if you're truthful...what's the big deal providing proves

You've just said you've studied them for more than 20yrs..so providing proves from their source shouldn't cost you so much
Re: The Differences Between Sunni And Shi'a Muslim. by BETATRON(m): 9:35am On Dec 23, 2015
olayinkajnr:

And you've judged yourself.
lol..how quick you are to speculate..I actually refer to my school here
Re: The Differences Between Sunni And Shi'a Muslim. by olayinkajnr(m): 10:25am On Dec 23, 2015
BETATRON:
lol..your funny oh....just provide your PROVES,,if you're truthful...what's the big deal providing proves

You've just said you've studied them for more than 20yrs..so providing proves from their source shouldn't cost you so much

Lolz, Like I told you, I don't need to provide you proofs on what you practice. According to what you've spilled, you know many things about them, you have their books and you listen to their lectures and even if I give a proof, you still will not believe cause once a soldier, always a soldier, but many people knows the Shia, their modus operandi and they know what I said about them ain't lie. In fact, get some Shia, point out what I said about them and they won't deny but will always want to use their cunning attitude to let the topic die down. I'll create a thread to show the odd things Shite does. Just stay tuned. In that thread, I'll show everything I've just mentioned.. Until then, this discussion has run its cause.
Re: The Differences Between Sunni And Shi'a Muslim. by BETATRON(m): 4:15pm On Dec 23, 2015
olayinkajnr:

Lolz, Like I told you, I don't need to provide you proofs on what you practice. According to what you've spilled, you know many things about them, you have their books and you listen to their lectures and even if I give a proof, you still will not believe cause once a soldier, always a soldier, but many people knows the Shia, their modus operandi and they know what I said about them ain't lie. In fact, get some Shia, point out what I said about them and they won't deny but will always want to use their cunning attitude to let the topic die down. I'll create a thread to show the odd things Shite does. Just stay tuned. In that thread, I'll show everything I've just mentioned.. Until then, this discussion has run its cause.
provide your valid proofs and bother not if I believe or not

Your duty is to provide the proves for all your claims regarding shias-(they don't believe in prophet muhammad and don't pray five time daily)--so long your proves are valid and from shia sources you've performed your duty,,there is no need bothering if I believe or not,,

Your duty is to say the truth(with clear proves). Weather or not you TRUTH is accepted shouldn't bother you much

Well,, I long to see your thread regarding all you've said here..may Allah preserve us till then

1 Like

Re: The Differences Between Sunni And Shi'a Muslim. by olayinkajnr(m): 5:51pm On Dec 23, 2015
BETATRON:
provide your valid proofs and bother not if I believe or not

Your duty is to provide the proves for all your claims regarding shias-(they don't believe in prophet muhammad and don't pray five time daily)--so long your proves are valid and from shia sources you've performed your duty,,there is no need bothering if I believe or not,,

Your duty is to say the truth(with clear proves). Weather or not you TRUTH is accepted shouldn't bother you much

Well,, I long to see your thread regarding all you've said here..may Allah preserve us till then

Until then. Stay tuned.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Quranic Verses Muslims Don't Trust / The Jos Crisis And The Muslim's Position / Rebutals Library: A Solution To Recycled Topics By Non Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.