Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

Rock Of Escape - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rock Of Escape (478 Views)

Stories Behind Great Hymns. .. ..... Rock Of Ages. / Hell Is Waiting For Women In Trousers: Escape It!!! What are your thoughts? / Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rock Of Escape by FreshGreen: 5:18am On Dec 21, 2015
ROCK OF ESCAPE
“Therefore Saul returned from pursuing David, and went against the Philistines; so they called that place the Rock of Escape.”

The Rock of Escape is another name we can attribute to God, as He is the Rock of ages, He also the Rock of Escape. God is able to deliver His children and make them escape danger and death, no matter how close; He is the Rock of Escape. No matter how close we are to danger or death, He always provides way of escape.

David was so close to death that there was no hope of surviving when King Saul had encircled him and his men, and no visible means to escape, but a miraculous means of escape was provided by God. The same thing is applicable to all God’s children today, sometimes we may be so close to danger or death that no humanly means to escape, it could be a terrible sickness, it could be a terrible accident, plane crash, armed robbery, gun shot, or any form of attack that seems no way to escape, but the Rock of escape is always there for us. This is another benefit and blessing of serving God.

Why We Need Not To Fear
As every child of God, God has apportioned us a numbers of years we will fulfill on earth, there is no enemy, no power or Satan that can cut short your life as long you stand on the Rock of Escape.

Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them.
Psalm 139:16

When human security fails, when all powers fails, when all medicines and medical treatments fail, when danger is unavoidable, when you are staring at the death, God will provide escape from death. That is the reason He is the Rock of Escape. “Our God is the God of salvation; And to GOD the Lord belong escapes from death.” Psalm 68:20

Do you know that our God is the God of salvation and our Rock of Escape? If you never know that, you better know it from now, and so you need not to fear. As our God provides ways to escape from temptation so He provides escape from danger and death. Psalm 68:20

You will not die until you fulfill God’s purpose for your life. The only thing that cut short one’s life is sin and the only means to stand on the Rock of escape is faith. As long we will not want to stay a day after our fashioned days on earth by God, we should not live a day short of the length of days fashioned for us.

If you have known God as Rock of Ages, our everlasting God, you must also know Him as our Rock of Escape – meaning He will always deliver us from danger and death, no matter how close, don’t be afraid, He always provides escape. You will not die untimely, until you all of God’s purpose for your life.

The only thing that can make a faithful child of God dies untimely is fear, which is the reason why God warns us every day not to fear. As a child of God, no power or principality can successfully attack you except they successfully attack your faith and cause you to fear, because fear makes a child of God to fall.

Why We Need Faith
What cuts short people’s life is sin, people who are not saved in Christ Jesus or people who backslide can die untimely because they are not secured in the Lord, because Satan can cut short their lives. But unfortunately many believers also die untimely because of lack of faith.

Only through faith we can stand on the Rock of escape, only through faith we can escape death. Faith in God keeps us alive, keeps on moving and keeps us from death. It is easy to fear and fall at the presence of imminent danger or death, but when we stand on the Rock of Escape, there will always be escape from God. Do not give up before God is through with you.

It’s by faith we can stand on the Rock of Escape. Here is example from Apostle Paul, he was in the company of people who were in the danger of shipwreck, no hope of surviving, but he stood on the Rock of Escape by faith.

Escaping Death By Faith
“For there stood by me this night an angel of the God to whom I belong and whom I serve, 24 saying, ‘Do not be afraid, Paul; you must be brought before Caesar; and indeed God has granted you all those who sail with you.’ 25 Therefore take heart, men, for I believe God that it will be just as it was told me.”

And what about you, do you believe God that you will not die before you fulfill your mission on earth? Do you believe God that you will not die in that danger but survive to proclaim the message of God to the unbelieving Caesar? The only thing that can sustain us in such a time is faith – believing only what God says, not what we see.

You know why you need faith to survive? Without faith in God many are dying before their time. Let’s look at Apostle Paul and his group again. “And as day was about to dawn, Paul implored them all to take food, saying, “Today is the fourteenth day you have waited and continued without food, and eaten nothing. 34 Therefore I urge you to take nourishment, for this is for your survival, since not a hair will fall from the head of any of you.” 35 And when he had said these things, he took bread and gave thanks to God in the presence of them all; and when he had broken it he began to eat. 36 Then they were all encouraged, and also took food themselves.” Acts 27:33-35

What if Paul and the people with him in that ship did not eat food because of fear death? They would have all died before their time to die. But because of faith in God, Paul took courage and also encouraged the people, and so they ate, and at the end they escaped from the danger. … “and the rest, some on boards and some on parts of the ship. And so it was that they all escaped safely to land.” Acts 27:44.

“And what more shall I say? For the time would fail me to tell of Gideon and Barak and Samson and Jephthah, also of David and Samuel and the prophets: 33 who through faith subdued kingdoms, worked righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, 34 quenched the violence of fire, ESCAPED THE EDGE OF THE SWORD, out of weakness were made strong, became valiant in battle, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.

And so you will also escape safely from every danger in Jesus name. Only believe God and obey Him.

PRAYER
Lord Jesus Christ, thank You for saving us from sin with its wages of death. Thank You for being our Rock of Ages and Rock of Escape. We pray that You increase and strengthen our faith in You to stand still on the Rock of Escape and never to fall for fear. I pray for every of our brethren and family, I pray for escape from every danger of sickness, attacks or any evil around them. It is well with us as we continue to serve You. In Jesus name. Amen

If you will like to surrender your life to Jesus, rededicate your life to Jesus, please click the link http://www.facebook.com/notes/revelation-of-truth-evangelical-ministries-rtem/how-can-i-be-saved/270674586372252

You can also contact us on email or phone for prayer, counsel or if you need biblical enlightenment on personal issues:

This message is from Revelation of Truth Evangelical Ministries, RTEM

Our Email: rtemoutreaches@yahoo.com

Our Tel: (+234) (0)803 924 9751

If you have known God as Rock of Ages, our everlasting God, you must also know Him as our Rock of Escape – meaning He will always deliver us from danger and death, no matter how close, don’t be afraid, He always provides escape. You will not die untimely, until you fulfill all of God’s purpose for your life.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Does This Count As A Saving Soul / Why Few Will Be Chosen / Malawi President Attacks Prophet TB Joshua, Calls Him Fake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.