Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

God-given Reasons That Should Make One Avoid Divorce. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God-given Reasons That Should Make One Avoid Divorce. (588 Views)

Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? / Does Godly Dressing Make One Godly? / The Christians' Dialectic : Is Telekinesis God's Given Gift Or Demonic ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

God-given Reasons That Should Make One Avoid Divorce. by Manchildnews: 5:32am On Dec 21, 2015
When God institutes a thing He provides weightier reasons why it should be so, to make us understand Him better and know His ways. The scripture in Isaiah states:

Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isa 55:7-9 KJV

No marriage can be happy and successful unless we follow the guidelines given by the one who created it. Any family, traditional, religious or social system which does not follow God’s instruction, command and guidelines on marriage is heading for doom and destruction even before it is initiated.

Jesus in Mark 7:9 said that the people rejected the commandments of God so that they might keep their traditions.

And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition. Mark 7:9KJV

Also in Matthew 15:6-9 the scripture reveals:

------------------------------ Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.
Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. Matt 15:6-9 KJV

When God said “Thou shall not” then it is good wisdom not to do it. We earn happiness and our joy becomes full by doing what God commands. The word of God equally states that the prince of the power of the air [the devil] works against the children of disobedience.

Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Eph 2:2 KJV

Scripturally, it is needful to have some important reasons bound in our minds which should make everyone exercise restraint in considering a divorce.

First and foremost, if there are children, divorce will cause the lack of parental care and responsibilities towards the children. Children’s welfare and happiness are denied them. It is God’s plan that a child should have a father and a mother and should be helpless from day one and dependent long enough to stay in the home for training and impartation of God’s ways. Most baby animals and birds are entirely self supporting within a few hours, days, weeks or months at most but it is normal for children to be in the home and somewhat dependent upon their parents for support for more than thirty years.
A calf or colt can walk the day it is born but a child normally takes ten to twelve months. Thus God intended that the home should develop in children the moral qualities and principles and habits and adjustments essential for good character. Animal parents take responsibility for the training of their little ones and instinctively they are taught of God to chastise their young, to teach them obedience and safe habits. Hens and mother birds peck their baby chicks and nestlings. Cows kick their calves to stop overzealous attempts to get milk painful to the cow. Mother bears cuff their cubs vigorously to stop fight and to enforce obedience.
Certainly children, more than animals need discipline and correction. This is because of the inherited fallen, sinful nature which the human race acquired from Adam and Eve. Most attractive, charming, lovable and innocent as the children are, they are sinful in nature. Everyone has a nature if not curbed may lead to murder, rape, adultery, blasphemy and to defiance of God, thus to hell. Children are gifts from God beyond price and should not be toyed with.

The scripture in Psalm 51:5 revealed the mind of David in his heartbroken state after his shameful sin with Bath-sheba

Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me. Ps 51:5 KJV

David knew that it was the natural fruit of a fallen, depraved nature which he had had from birth, even from conception. A child is kept safe by God until he reaches the age of accountability being conscious of sin personally and becomes a sinner. Parents who just settle down and advance the issue of divorce are selfish undermining the responsibilities they have towards their children. Parents must remember that in dealing with children, they have a fallen, tainted, depraved nature of their soul to contend with and to restrain as far as possible, the emotions of their soul which controls the sensory impulses of their bodies thus developing in them that godly consciousness and conscience, which makes them to display noble and good moral character in the society.

At this stage of moral growth the child sees the need to be converted that is to be born again and receive Christ as his personal savior.

The scripture in Galatians 4:19 confirm that after the New-birth there is the need for the parents to pray for the formation of Christ within the soul of their children:

My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you, Gal 4:19 KJV

Christ having formed in the child’s spirit grows into his soul, a new Christ- like nature within. Here we see the fulfillment of 2Corinthians 5:17 which states:

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 2 Cor 5:17 KJV

Thus his whole body begins to experience and demonstrate the love, peace and compassion of Christ from within his soul to the society thus reconciling men and women, rich and poor, bond or free unto Christ. The Christ living in him is the difference. The Spirit of God keeps him away from doing evil and sinning.

The scripture in 1John 3:3-12 reveals that:

And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous. 1 John 3:3-12KJV

Those who use their bodies to kill or steal and destroy confirm the presence of the devil indwelling in them. They have only yielded their soul to be used to manifest his bad works which is to kill, steal and destroy. Jesus Christ revealed to us in John 10:10 that:

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10:10KJV

Any one irrespective of his religious upbringing who seeks for others to have life have God indwelling in him but any who seeks to kill and shed blood, steal public funds meant to be shared for the benefit of others and destroys public properties in name of protesting against the ills of the society has the devil inside of him. We should stop using religion as the basis or cover to perpetuate crime or criminal acts. Right from the beginning God did create us from one family. We are of one blood irrespective of where we come from or the religious beliefs we were groomed into. The scripture confirms in Acts 17:26 that we are of one blood therefore we should not kill our brothers and sisters like Cain who wickedly killed Abel for no just cause.

And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; Acts 17:26KJV

When God created Adam and Eve, the Lord blessed them and commanded them thus:

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen 1:28 KJV

The scripture in Genesis 2:15 also revealed that the Lord planted a garden in Eden and placed Adam and Eve to dress it and keep it.

And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it. Gen 2:15KJV

Our main assignment on earth therefore is ensure that we use our God –given talent to dress the earth, protect it and make it a better place for people to live in. The very thought of destroying what God has created makes one satanic and an enemy of God. Our soul becomes banished for doom and destruction in the lake of fire and hell with an unquenchable torment forever and ever. It is unfortunate that nobody have been there and returned to tell the story apart from Jesus Christ who went there to preach and give life to those who came to earth before Him and were waiting for the salvation of their souls. Jesus Christ is the only one that has the keys of hell and death and as such He has powers to send any one to hell.

The scripture in Revelation 1:18 confirms this thought:

I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death. Rev 1:18 KJV

In another related passage the Lord encouraged his people saying in Matthew 10:28

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matt 10:28 KJV

Beloved, believe me, anyone who kills has over his head hanging the blood of the innocent dead souls crying for vengeance day and night as Abel did.

And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him. And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?

And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground. And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother's blood from thy hand; When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth. And Cain said unto the LORD, My punishment is greater than I can bear. Gen 4:8-13 KJV

The idea that one who kills goes to heaven to enjoy is falsehood no matter how religious he may be, he must pay the price. God must respond to this evil act. Therefore Let us not attach our religious sentiments to criminality and hide under her cover to perform evil. Neither Cain nor Abel had religious tag to have warranted Cain to have killed Abel. It is the devil but the scripture states in Romans 6:16

Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? Rom 6:16 KJV

If we submit ourselves to God He will guide us into righteousness and righteous lifestyle. In addition He gives us power to resist and overcome the devil and as the scripture declares; the devil will flee from us.

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. James 4:7KJV

But if we submit ourselves to the devil he will use us and as his servants we must obey his command to kill, steal and destroy. Therefore the training of our Children is our God given primary assignment. As parents we cannot bring forth children into the world and speak of divorce where we are compatible or not. As children are delivered into the home, we are equally signing in with God to be responsible for the welfare of the child.

It is noteworthy to mention here that to rear godly children is a task that must be done. We cannot shy away from this responsibility as parents. We must with the help of God restrain them from practicing evil, correct them when they fall short of good moral standards and bring them up in the chastening, admonition and the fear of the Lord. This is an unavoidable, primary assignment, the way to instill basic godly virtues in children without which parents cannot please God. Therefore the issue of divorce cannot be advanced nor the devastating effects be allowed to inflict serious injuries on the personality of any child who does not have both father and mother particularly if this lack is connected in his own mind with something shameful and hateful. By the divorce of his parents, a child’s happiness is greatly impaired and often his character damaged. It is usually observed that delinquent children come from broken homes. The woman who divorces her husband is more likely to see her daughters turn out to be harlots and her sons becoming criminals, living perpetually in sin, die away and goes to hell. Children need a happy home. They need the security, the love, the peace, the harmony and the contentment that go with a happy marriage and a happy home.

Read More. http://news.manchildservices.com/2015/12/god-given-reasons-that-should-make-one.html
Also http://www.manchildservices.com

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Pic: An Old Man On A Suicide Mission / Special One Night With The King / Who Were The Annunaki?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.