Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,212 members, 7,811,577 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

Toyota Corrolla 1999 Model Key Programming Needed In Abuja - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Corrolla 1999 Model Key Programming Needed In Abuja (762 Views)

Crv08 Model Key Doesn't Seem To Be Recognised Quickly Whn Slotted Into D IG Swtc / Distress Sale..toyota Corrolla / Which Car To Buy Toyota Corrolla , Matrix, Or Camry Big Daddy??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Corrolla 1999 Model Key Programming Needed In Abuja by bravolad(m): 7:59am On Dec 21, 2015
Fellow Nairalanders,

A neighbour's Toyota Corrolla 1999 model (lift back) has been parked for about 3 weeks. She lost her car keys in a taxi she boarded & has not been able to use her car. All efforts to programme new keys have failed. The car starts & goes off immediately. It seems the ECU is not in sync with the immobiliser.

Do we have competent hands in Abuja to handle this. I have tried the guy that programmed my Lexus RX330 spare key but he was unable to fix it after 4 days of trial.
Re: Toyota Corrolla 1999 Model Key Programming Needed In Abuja by kingreign(m): 8:29am On Dec 21, 2015
bravolad:
Fellow Nairalanders,

A neighbour's Toyota Corrolla 1999 model (lift back) has been parked for about 3 weeks. She lost her car keys in a taxi she boarded & has not been able to use her car. All efforts to programme new keys have failed. The car starts & goes off immediately. It seems the ECU is not in sync with the immobiliser.

Do we have competent hands in Abuja to handle this. I have tried the guy that programmed my Lexus RX330 spare key but he was unable to fix it after 4 days of trial.

I'm afraid sine your neighbour has lost her master key, she'll need a new ECU and key. Not a cheap or sweet option
Re: Toyota Corrolla 1999 Model Key Programming Needed In Abuja by bravolad(m): 9:50am On Dec 21, 2015
kingreign:

I'm afraid sine your neighbour has lost her master key, she'll need a new ECU and key. Not a cheap or sweet option

Wow! Mike. Thanks for your input. That was suggested by a technician but I feel it would compromise the security of the car. Just my thought though.
Re: Toyota Corrolla 1999 Model Key Programming Needed In Abuja by kingreign(m): 10:18am On Dec 21, 2015
bravolad:

Wow! Mike. Thanks for your input. That was suggested by a technician but I feel it would compromise the security of the car. Just my thought though.
It won't, the car will need a fresh ECU with same part number as yours and a new key. If she can get a donor car of same spec as hers, they can yank out its ECU, immobiliser, keys and ignition cylinder barrel she might get her car back.

(1) (Reply)

7 Car Maintenance Tips / What Is Wrong With This Photo? / API Diesel Engine Oil Category

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.