Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,671 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Call For Prayer (adhan) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Call For Prayer (adhan) (3654 Views)

A Request For Prayer / Some Important Acts To Be Noted During Iqaamah, Adhan & Sallaat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Call For Prayer (adhan) by DeathStroke007(m): 3:02pm On Dec 21, 2015
Adhan is one of the most important thing in salat.. The issue I want to address is the issue of fajr adhan..( As salatu mina noum)

Most mosque do place the fajr adhan ( As salatu mina noum) as second call of prayer which is wrong. Although I don't know the implication of calling the adhan ( as salatu mina noum) as second call of prayer in fajr..

Anyone who has indept knowledge about this should please englighten us using kitab wal sunnah ( quran and hadith )
Re: Call For Prayer (adhan) by Empiree: 6:45pm On Dec 21, 2015
This is also questionable too, right? grin grin It's bid'a?. Well, here is juice to drink.

بسم الله الرحمن الرحیم

The phrase Assalatu Khairum Minan Naum (Prayer is better than sleeping) was not part of the azan (calling for prayer) during the time of the Holy Prophet (PBUH) and it has been included in Azan later (1). Furthermore, Imam ash-Shafi‘i says in his Kitab al-Umm as such:

It is not pleasing for me to say "Assalatu Khairum Minan Naum" in the Azan of the prayer, because Aba Mahzureh has not brought this phrase in his hadith.(2)

In fact It was Umar Ibn Khattab who ordered to include the phrase, "prayer is better than sleep" (Assalatu Khairum Minan Naum) in the Azan at Fajr.(3)

There are other documents to prove the fact that "Assalatu Khairum Minan Naum" was later added to the Azan. I just mention two of them:

The azan reciter went to Umar Ibn Al-Khattab informing him the Fajr prayer time, He found Umar Ibn Al-Khattab asleep, so he shouted "Assalatu Khairum Minan Naum". Umar, ordered to include it in the azan.

We don't admit "Assalatu Khairum Minan Naum", and also we don't say that because this is not from the Prophet (PBUH).
Finally, Assalatu Khairum Minan Naum is used only for the Fajr prayer because it was included by Umar Ibn Al-Khattab in the Azan at Fajr.

Read Further From The Source: http://islam.stackexchange.com/questions/10590/why-is-assalatu-khairum-minan-naum-only-said-in-the-fajr-morning-azan-call-for

Further, It was narrated that Abu Mahdhoorah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: I used to give the adhaan for the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and in the first adhaan of Fajr I used to say: “Hayya ‘ala al-falaah, al-salaatu khayrun min al-nawm, al-salaatu khayrun min al-nawm, Allaahu akbar Allaahu akbar, laa ilaaha ill-Allaah (come to prosperity, prayer is better than sleep, prayer is better than sleep, Allaah is Most Great, Allaah is Most Great, there is no god but Allaah).”

It was narrated that Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: In the first adhaan after the word al-falaah it said: Al-salaatu khayrun min al-nawm, al-salaatu khayrun min al-nawm (prayer is better than sleep, prayer is better than sleep).

Now, pay close attention to the ahadith, the phrase As salatu mina noum was not directly recommended by the prophet but Sahaba used the phrase. The prophet's silence indicates his approval. The phrase is in line with Shariah thats why rosul(SAW) said nothing. Just like we argued on other thread. Now, is it bida'a, be honest?. grin
Re: Call For Prayer (adhan) by DeathStroke007(m): 7:35am On Dec 22, 2015
Empiree:
This is also questionable too, right? grin grin It's bid'a?. Well, here is juice to drink.

بسم الله الرحمن الرحیم

The phrase Assalatu Khairum Minan Naum (Prayer is better than sleeping) was not part of the azan (calling for prayer) during the time of the Holy Prophet (PBUH) and it has been included in Azan later (1). Furthermore, Imam ash-Shafi‘i says in his Kitab al-Umm as such:

It is not pleasing for me to say "Assalatu Khairum Minan Naum" in the Azan of the prayer, because Aba Mahzureh has not brought this phrase in his hadith.(2)

In fact It was Umar Ibn Khattab who ordered to include the phrase, "prayer is better than sleep" (Assalatu Khairum Minan Naum) in the Azan at Fajr.(3)

There are other documents to prove the fact that "Assalatu Khairum Minan Naum" was later added to the Azan. I just mention two of them:

The azan reciter went to Umar Ibn Al-Khattab informing him the Fajr prayer time, He found Umar Ibn Al-Khattab asleep, so he shouted "Assalatu Khairum Minan Naum". Umar, ordered to include it in the azan.

We don't admit "Assalatu Khairum Minan Naum", and also we don't say that because this is not from the Prophet (PBUH).
Finally, Assalatu Khairum Minan Naum is used only for the Fajr prayer because it was included by Umar Ibn Al-Khattab in the Azan at Fajr.

Read Further From The Source: http://islam.stackexchange.com/questions/10590/why-is-assalatu-khairum-minan-naum-only-said-in-the-fajr-morning-azan-call-for

This extract below made it not bidiah because it said abu mahdoorah do give prophet(saw) adhaan(with him saying asalaatu khyrun mi na nawm) and also support my claims that salaatu khayrun min al-nawm should be called in the first adhaan NOT the second adhaan as most mosque do call it.

Further, It was narrated that Abu Mahdhoorah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: I used to give the adhaan for the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and in the first adhaan of Fajr I used to say: “Hayya ‘ala al-falaah, al-salaatu khayrun min al-nawm, al-salaatu khayrun min al-nawm, Allaahu akbar Allaahu akbar, laa ilaaha ill-Allaah (come to prosperity, prayer is better than sleep, prayer is better than sleep, Allaah is Most Great, Allaah is Most Great, there is no god but Allaah).”

It was narrated that Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: In the first adhaan after the word al-falaah it said: Al-salaatu khayrun min al-nawm, al-salaatu khayrun min al-nawm (prayer is better than sleep, prayer is better than sleep).

Now, pay close attention to the ahadith, the phrase As salatu mina noum was not directly recommended by the prophet but Sahaba used the phrase. The prophet's silence indicates his approval. The phrase is in line with Shariah thats why rosul(SAW) said nothing. Just like we argued on other thread. Now, is it bida'a, be honest?. grin

According to abu mahdoorah, since prophet is silenec on it, that makes it not bidiah. Salaatu fathi wasn't recited during prophet muhammad(saw) era, since prophet already recommended salat ibrohimiyah, why would anyone start another salaatu? Why would anyone recite that sallatu?
Re: Call For Prayer (adhan) by DeathStroke007(m): 7:38am On Dec 22, 2015
My post is directly under the link in your post empiree ..
Re: Call For Prayer (adhan) by Empiree: 12:55pm On Dec 22, 2015
Logical deduction here is that rosul(SAW) did not order him or teach him to include "Assalatu Khairum Minan Naum", indicating that an act that is in harmony with Sharia is NOT bida'a
Re: Call For Prayer (adhan) by DeathStroke007(m): 1:55pm On Dec 22, 2015
Well, it may not be bidiah, it may be bidiah.. I don't know about that
Re: Call For Prayer (adhan) by Empiree: 3:30pm On Dec 22, 2015
DeathStroke007:
Well, it may not be bidiah, it may be bidiah.. I don't know about that
You confused now grin
Re: Call For Prayer (adhan) by DeathStroke007(m): 3:38pm On Dec 22, 2015
Empiree:
You confused now grin

Nah.. Am not.. Its part of islam.. The adhaan.. If prophet(saw) had hammered it.. I would have called it bidiah .. Since adhan concerning khyrun mina num.. Is always called as first in fajr.. People calling it second adhaan during fajr is wrong.. That's what am saying
Re: Call For Prayer (adhan) by Empiree: 3:41pm On Dec 22, 2015
DeathStroke007:

Nah.. Am not.. Its part of islam.. The adhaan.. If prophet(saw) had hammered it.. I would have called it bidiah .. Since adhan concerning khyrun mina num.. Is always called as first in fajr.. People calling it second adhaan during fajr is wrong.. That's what am saying
Na u sabi, mr. bidia shopper grin
Re: Call For Prayer (adhan) by DeathStroke007(m): 3:47pm On Dec 22, 2015
Empiree:
Na u sabi, mr. bidia shopper grin

Noooooo.. Don't get me wrong o

Bidiah is doing or practising what prophet never did or command us to do.. Ofcourse you know

Am not bidiah prone or condemn things..

Yeah I remeber, concerning the masabah (tasbeeh), the hadith that said sahbeeh counted with stones and pebbeles are daif.. Weak hadith.. Why would sahbeeh do something prophet muhammad never did?
Re: Call For Prayer (adhan) by Empiree: 4:44pm On Dec 22, 2015
DeathStroke007:
Yeah I remeber, concerning the masabah (tasbeeh), the hadith that said sahbeeh counted with stones and pebbeles are daif.. Weak hadith.. Why would sahbeeh do something prophet muhammad never did?
Whether it is daif is no longer relevant. I have came across similar. It not just one hadith but ahadith. The only hadith that condemned using stones and pebbles, its chain doesnt reach the prophet. It was opinion of one sahaba.

As for why sahabi did what prophet never did, honestly this is getting ridiculous everyday. Why would you expect rosul going about stones and pebbles and long tasbeeh?. He is more than that. The presence of the prophet in itself is blessings for his companions. He himself is blessings to himself. Why would he use pebbles, stones etc?. Can you try to rationalize for a moment?. Prophet (SAW) is not like us.
Re: Call For Prayer (adhan) by DeathStroke007(m): 6:23pm On Dec 22, 2015
Empiree:
Whether it is daif is no longer relevant. I have came across similar. It not just one hadith but ahadith. The only hadith that condemned using stones and pebbles, its chain doesnt reach the prophet. It was opinion of one sahaba.

As for why sahabi did what prophet never did, honestly this is getting ridiculous everyday. Why would you expect rosul going about stones and pebbles and long tasbeeh?. He is more than that. The presence of the prophet in itself is blessings for his companions. He himself is blessings to himself. Why would he use pebbles, stones etc?. Can you try to rationalize for a moment?. Prophet (SAW) is not like us.

Yeah you are correct but mind you, its religion issue we talking about and that's exactly why Allah made him the zeal of prophet, everything he (saw) practised is to show us ( muslims ) how to do it. What I believe and will always believe is that sahbeeh will never ever do anything prophet muhammad(saw) never did. Since there is no written document on prophet muhammad(saw) using pebbles or stones( although pebbles or stones were around him)... I can't believe any sahbah will use it.

Allah knows best
Re: Call For Prayer (adhan) by Empiree: 7:11pm On Dec 22, 2015
DeathStroke007:

Yeah you are correct but mind you, its religion issue we talking about and that's exactly why Allah made him the zeal of prophet, everything he (saw) practised is to show us ( muslims ) how to do it. What I believe and will always believe is that sahbeeh will never ever do anything prophet muhammad(saw) never did. Since there is no written document on prophet muhammad(saw) using pebbles or stones( although pebbles or stones were around him)... I can't believe any sahbah will use it.

Allah knows best
@bolded, very well then. Check this out. In the time of the prophet, masajid didnt have inch (Imam station) in the wall but now we have them. Did rosul order that?. Also, the minarets only emerged during Ottoman era, clock over high rise building in Saudi and clock to watch times of salat. The lists are endless. These are not there in the time of rosul(saw). But arent they beneficial?.

Some muslims are now calling for destruction of minarets, they said it is bida'a bcus it wasnt there in the time of rosul. You see, stuff like this are matters that are revolving. We dont need sacred order for them. We need to apply intellect. Same applies to stones, pebbles, tasbeeh.
Re: Call For Prayer (adhan) by DeathStroke007(m): 7:31pm On Dec 22, 2015
Empiree:
@bolded, very well then. Check this out. In the time of the prophet, masajid didnt have inch (Imam station) in the wall but now we have them. Did rosul order that?. Also, the minarets only emerged during Ottoman era, clock over high rise building in Saudi and clock to watch times of salat. The lists are endless. These are not there in the time of rosul(saw). But arent they beneficial?.

Some muslims are now calling for destruction of minarets, they said it is bida'a bcus it wasnt there in the time of rosul. You see, stuff like this are matters that are revolving. We dont need sacred order for them. We need to apply intellect. Same applies to stones, pebbles, tasbeeh.

You are getting this wrong bro.. the inch of imam or imam space or station.. As long as imam is in the front .. No problem.. Imam station is just to beautify.. And imam station or construction of mosque only deals with one thing ..KIBLAH.. So the issue of imam station Is irrelevant..

And its not applicable to tasbEeh bro
Re: Call For Prayer (adhan) by Empiree: 7:46pm On Dec 22, 2015
DeathStroke007:

You are getting this wrong bro.. the inch of imam or imam space or station.. As long as imam is in the front .. No problem.. Imam station is just to beautify.. And imam station or construction of mosque only deals with one thing ..KIBLAH.. So the issue of imam station Is irrelevant..

And its not applicable to tasbEeh bro
Okay, you passed. That was a test. And minarets?
Re: Call For Prayer (adhan) by DeathStroke007(m): 7:51pm On Dec 22, 2015
Empiree:
Okay, you passed. That was a test. And minarets?

Minarets.. Honestly mi o gbori..
Re: Call For Prayer (adhan) by Empiree: 7:55pm On Dec 22, 2015
DeathStroke007:

Minarets.. Honestly mi o gbori..
Lol.... grin grin grin

Re: Call For Prayer (adhan) by DeathStroke007(m): 7:57pm On Dec 22, 2015
Empiree:
Lol.... grin grin grin

grin
Empiree:
Lol.... grin grin grin

Kilonje minarets
Re: Call For Prayer (adhan) by Empiree: 8:00pm On Dec 22, 2015
DeathStroke007:

grin

Kilonje minarets
It's the grand picture i posted lol. You never seen one before?
Re: Call For Prayer (adhan) by DeathStroke007(m): 6:17am On Dec 23, 2015
Empiree:
It's the grand picture i posted lol. You never seen one before?

Grand picture? Shey that tall house wey dey for grand mosques?
Re: Call For Prayer (adhan) by Empiree: 1:24pm On Dec 23, 2015
DeathStroke007:

Grand picture? Shey that tall house wey dey for grand mosques?
lol....minarets are those tall slender tower, where in most cases, muezzin calls Muslims to prayer.
Re: Call For Prayer (adhan) by DeathStroke007(m): 3:35pm On Dec 24, 2015
Empiree:
lol....minarets are those tall slender tower, where in most cases, muezzin calls Muslims to prayer.

the purpose of muazin is adhan.. the purpose of adhan is to be heard . . tall or no tall...minaret or minaret no mean.. as long as people hear the adhan
Re: Call For Prayer (adhan) by Empiree: 4:36pm On Dec 24, 2015
DeathStroke007:

the purpose of muazin is adhan.. the purpose of adhan is to be heard . . tall or no tall...minaret or minaret no mean.. as long as people hear the adhan
grin grin grin grin ma sha Allah. So what do you say about those who say is bida'a?
Re: Call For Prayer (adhan) by DeathStroke007(m): 5:16pm On Dec 24, 2015
Empiree:
grin grin grin grin ma sha Allah. So what do you say about those who say is bida'a?

they don't understand ni....

(1) (Reply)

Are You A Good Muslim Neighbour?? This Is What Your Deen Says.. / Tips To Becoming A Devoted Slave Of Allah / Islamic Weights & Measures And Their Modern Equivalents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.