Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,545 members, 7,850,868 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:14 AM

Is It Possible To Live Without Pains? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Possible To Live Without Pains? (608 Views)

Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? / "I Had Cancer, Was Given 2 Months To Live, Jesus Healed Me" - Lady (Photos) / 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Live Without Pains? by howdynaija: 4:36pm On Dec 21, 2015
AN AMAZING FACT: When Steven Pete was a toddler, he broke his foot at a hospital—but no one noticed until more than a day later. Steven and his brother have congenital analgesia, meaning they don’t feel pain. Parenting was a monumental challenge for their mother, Janette Pete. As children, they had to be watched 24 hours a day to make sure that they didn’t injure themselves. Janette recalls how she had to take away their bikes because Steven would lie on the ground and let his brother ride over him. Sometimes Steven would melt keys in electrical outlets because he liked the vibrations in his arm.

Just as pain is a necessary warning system for the body, suffering for Christ is a sign that a person has chosen to turn their backs on sin. Before a person is converted, they spend their time seeking earthly pleasure and gain: “For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh” (Romans 8:5).

When a person who used to live for pleasure begins to “suffer for righteousness’ sake” it is a clear sign that they are not living the way they used to live (1 Peter 3:14). Peter puts it this way: “For he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin, that he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh for the lusts of men, but for the will of God” (1 Peter 4:1, 2).

Christians know what the worldly do not: The rewards of living for God are worth any price. When we consider it this way, suffering for God is no longer a burden but a celebration—it is evidence of a changed life.

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Romans 8:6For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. Romans 8:18

Read more at : www.amazingfacts.org

Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Pains? by skywolf66(m): 4:49pm On Dec 21, 2015
Thunder fire you

Eediot you ruined my afternoon and wasted my mb
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Pains? by howdynaija: 8:40pm On Dec 21, 2015
skywolf66:
Thunder fire you

Eediot you ruined my afternoon and wasted my mb

@skywolf66, was this response to my post a mistake or intentional?
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Pains? by analice107: 10:32pm On Dec 22, 2015
lozzzzzzz, @ Thunderfireyou.

OK, why is there no blood? he doesn't feel pain, means he does not have blood too?

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Should Be Careful Of His Health – Prophet / Dress Revolution: When Fashion Has Taken over our dress-sense(Picture) / Floating_in_grace: God Writes Straight On Crooked Lines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.