Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,044 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

I Bed Wet At My Fiance Place - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Bed Wet At My Fiance Place (1282 Views)

How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance / . / How Do My Fiance Burn Fat In Belly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Bed Wet At My Fiance Place by lollyd1(f): 8:50am On Jun 09, 2009
i have this topic in the romance section but was advice to move it to health section thanks

NAIRALAND people

please help me, i ve been having this problem if bed wetting during my OND DAYS

but thru frequent prayer i got passed it, i had a boyfriend then and i bedwet at his place, it was so embrassing and he left me, now am and 29 year old and i have a fiance who really love me and we will be tying the knot IN SEPTEMBER THIS YEAR

i travelled to see him THREE weeks ago, i slept over at his place and when it was mid night i notice that i was feeling cold, to my suprise i bed wet again , i had to tell him that he should on our generator cos i was feeling so HOT, when he went out i quickly turn the bed upside down and change the bed sheet to avoid the embarassment

please nairaland i dont know what to do about this

i need help
Re: I Bed Wet At My Fiance Place by naijaking1: 9:46am On Jun 09, 2009
What a moving case.
First of all, your bedwetting or enuresis has many likely causes, but until you have it diagnosed professionally, here are somethings you could do ASAP:
1. Avoid alcohol before going to bed
2. Limit water/fluid intake about 2 hours prior to going to bed
3. Check to make sure that you're not diabetic
4. If you have pain during urination, you might have a concurrent urinary tract infection that needs to be treated
5. Time and train yourself to wake up at night to urinate, whether you're pressed or not.
6. Limit excessive carbohydrate-ladden meal, because it causes a surge in blood glucose and subsequent increased urination
7. Avoid late dinner.
8. Be courageous with your situation

Later, you should have a study to rule out any anatomic abnormality. There's a medication, in addition to psychotherapy that can be used.
Re: I Bed Wet At My Fiance Place by eruchi: 10:33am On Jun 09, 2009
my dear sister i really sympathise with you i think you need to commit this issue to GOD in prayers. from your story you don't sound like it occurs when you sleep alone. hope it's not a wicked trend to deny you marriage. please take courage, observe all that medical advice and also pray. like the Americans will say, work praying GOD will surely sort you out.
shalom!
Re: I Bed Wet At My Fiance Place by Fhemmmy: 1:40pm On Jun 09, 2009
See a doctor.
Pray as well.
good luck.
Re: I Bed Wet At My Fiance Place by Oxone(m): 5:59pm On Jun 09, 2009
What is bedwetting?

Bedwetting, also called nocturnal enuresis, is the involuntary passage of urine (urinary incontinence) while asleep. Inherent in the definition of bedwetting is satisfactory bladder control while the person is awake.

Are there types of bedwetting?

Two types of bedwetting occur:

1. Primary enuresis -- bedwetting since infancy; and

2. Secondary enuresis -- wetting developed after being continually dry for a minimum of six months.

from your explanation it seems you are suffering from the second type

How common is secondary bedwetting?

Only approximately 2%-3% of all children with bedwetting have a medical cause for the condition.

What causes secondary bedwetting?

Urinary tract infections,
metabolic disorders (for example, various types of diabetes),
external pressure on the bladder (for example, extreme constipation by a large rectal stool mass), as well as
neurologic disorders of the spinal cord must be considered among the causes of secondary bedwetting.

How is the cause of secondary bedwetting diagnosed?

Generally, a complete history and thorough physical exam provide the initial evaluation of a child with primary bedwetting. A urinalysis and urine culture generally complete the workup. Further laboratory and radiological studies are usually reserved for the youngster who presents with secondary bedwetting.

What is the treatment for secondary bedwetting?

Therapy of secondary bedwetting is directed at the primary pathology provoking the symptom of wetting the bed. As expected, cure rates vary with the primary cause of the loss of control.

What is the outlook (prognosis) for children with bedwetting?

In the medical world of today, both primary and secondary bedwetting should be a manageable condition with a reasonable goal of successfully eliminating patient anxiety, frustration, and embarrassment.
Re: I Bed Wet At My Fiance Place by naijaking1: 10:11pm On Jun 09, 2009
@Oxone
Good job.
Re: I Bed Wet At My Fiance Place by drfranky: 1:13pm On Jun 10, 2009
I empathize with you.Go see a physician or just follow the tips enumerated above.Good luck
Re: I Bed Wet At My Fiance Place by heroes1983(m): 8:01pm On Jun 12, 2009
I used to bed wet often till when i was about 10 years. As a matter of fact all by brothers and sisters bed wetted till just about the same age. I began to suspect it was something heritable so i asked my mum and she also confessed that she also bed wetted till her mid primary school age. However, i found out that everytime i have a particular dream (me peeing in the toilet or on the street), at that same moment is when i bed wet. I got myself acustomed to this nightmare and wake up just in time to go to the toilet everytime. Even in my present early 30 s i still have this dream and always make it to the toilet on time.

(1) (Reply)

Massage!!!! Massage!!!! Massage!!! / Heath Benefits Of Cabbage - Primus Hospital Karu Abuja / Man Had His Hand Attached To His ANKLE For A Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.