Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,751 members, 7,820,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Re-igniting A Dying Passion - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Re-igniting A Dying Passion (982 Views)

Husband And Wife To Be Buried Together In Imo After Dying One Month Apart. Photo / MMM Cros, Pls Save My Dying Husband. / Very Urgent: Help A Dying Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re-igniting A Dying Passion by Fatherherokay(m): 1:07am On Dec 22, 2015
Passion is having a strong feeling towards something. It is a driving force needed to carry out a particular task. People who are passionate towards a particular goal are more likely to do things better than those who are just doing it because they have no choice. Passion gives strength which makes you to enjoy what you are doing while others are just enduring it.
Using a candle stick as a case study to have a better understanding, passion is like a candle stick which you have to light for it to brighten up a dark room. A candle stick remains useless until you try to light it up. Likewise passion, it becomes useless if you don’t work on it. You have to light up your candle (working on your passion) for you to be able to see in the dark (having a clear vision).
But as good as a candlestick is when ignited, it blows off if exposed to wind. Likewise passion, it dies off when you don't protect
it.

One of the major factors that kills passion, continue reading on http://ishopealive..com.ng/2015/11/topic-21-re-igniting-dying-passion_24.html#more
Re: Re-igniting A Dying Passion by Nobody: 1:24am On Dec 22, 2015
But as good as a candlestick is when ignited, it blows off if exposed to wind. Likewise passion, it dies off when you don't protect
it.

One of the major factors that kills passion, most especially among youths, is "Laziness ". Having passion towards something doesn't mean it would be fulfilled out rightly except you work towards it. Living a life based on wishes and fantasies without work is just a waste of time.
Another factor that kills passion is letting people's word of praises get deep inside your head. When you let people's praises get into you, you are prone to shifting your passion from your actual desire to "getting people's approval". For instance, if you have the passion to make an impact in people's lives and you work tremendously fulfilling this, it is certain that people appreciate and praise you for what you are doing, which is okay, but you have to be very careful so as not to get intoxicated by it.

Or you might end up shifting your passion from "making an impact" to “trying to please people" and when "the people" are no longer around to see and praise you, frustration sets in. So you have to know what you are really passionate about and stay focus on it. No matter what anyone says to you don’t let it kill your passion.

Do you have passion for writing? Get a pen and start writing; or is it football that makes you happy? Go outside, get a ball, join your school team or create one. Start playing the ball! If it is singing that you desire, don’t just sleep there. Get up, join the choir, record your voice, and start singing. Don’t just continue to wish for this. Start by taking the first step. Whatever you choose to do ensure you don’t let your passion die. Even if you’ve allowed your passion to die at one point in time, it is never too late for you to re-ignite and move on....... Passion is just a desire to do something diligently. Passion is the impetus that keeps you going when others are backing off at the dead end. It's just a way of enjoying what you do even when it's not perfect.

If this article has been beneficial to you, kindly share or recommend for the consumption of others. Thank you….

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Re-igniting A Dying Passion by bqlekan(m): 7:02am On Dec 22, 2015
This our bloggers ehn... undecided
Re: Re-igniting A Dying Passion by kinglekan: 7:26am On Dec 22, 2015
Nubian113:

it.

One of the major factors that kills passion, most especially among youths, is "Laziness ". Having passion towards something doesn't mean it would be fulfilled out rightly except you work towards it. Living a life based on wishes and fantasies without work is just a waste of time.
Another factor that kills passion is letting people's word of praises get deep inside your head. When you let people's praises get into you, you are prone to shifting your passion from your actual desire to "getting people's approval". For instance, if you have the passion to make an impact in people's lives and you work tremendously fulfilling this, it is certain that people appreciate and praise you for what you are doing, which is okay, but you have to be very careful so as not to get intoxicated by it.

Or you might end up shifting your passion from "making an impact" to “trying to please people" and when "the people" are no longer around to see and praise you, frustration sets in. So you have to know what you are really passionate about and stay focus on it. No matter what anyone says to you don’t let it kill your passion.

Do you have passion for writing? Get a pen and start writing; or is it football that makes you happy? Go outside, get a ball, join your school team or create one. Start playing the ball! If it is singing that you desire, don’t just sleep there. Get up, join the choir, record your voice, and start singing. Don’t just continue to wish for this. Start by taking the first step. Whatever you choose to do ensure you don’t let your passion die. Even if you’ve allowed your passion to die at one point in time, it is never too late for you to re-ignite and move on....... Passion is just a desire to do something diligently. Passion is the impetus that keeps you going when others are backing off at the dead end. It's just a way of enjoying what you do even when it's not perfect.

If this article has been beneficial to you, kindly share or recommend for the consumption of others. Thank you….

na u write all this? shocked shocked

Re: Re-igniting A Dying Passion by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 22, 2015
kinglekan:

na u write all this? shocked shocked

Lol I copy and paste what op was hiding grin
Re: Re-igniting A Dying Passion by Fatherherokay(m): 10:03am On Dec 22, 2015
hey nubian. what is op?
Re: Re-igniting A Dying Passion by kinglekan: 11:05am On Dec 22, 2015
Nubian113:

Lol I copy and paste what op was hiding grin

Fear grip me oo, cos i know sey u nor get timz to det write long tins. grin

Re: Re-igniting A Dying Passion by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 22, 2015
kinglekan:

Fear grip me oo, cos i know sey u nor get timz to det write long tins. grin

You saying I'm shallow in my comments handsome embarassed
Re: Re-igniting A Dying Passion by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 22, 2015
Fatherherokay:
hey nubian. what is op?

Op is original Post lol ook grin

Sorry if I spoiled market for you just wanted to help poor students save their mb (megabytes)
Re: Re-igniting A Dying Passion by kinglekan: 1:04pm On Dec 22, 2015
Nubian113:

You saying I'm shallow in my comments handsome embarassed

Camman sweedie i didn't mean it that way nau. embarassed

Re: Re-igniting A Dying Passion by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 22, 2015
kinglekan:

Camman sweedie i didn't mean it that way nau. embarassed

I miss your face cry put your dp up for me please kiss
Re: Re-igniting A Dying Passion by kinglekan: 1:22pm On Dec 22, 2015
Nubian113:

I miss your face cry put your dp up for me please kiss

Its been ages i did that nau. grin

Re: Re-igniting A Dying Passion by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 22, 2015
kinglekan:

Its been ages i did that nau. grin

I've only ever seen you once. I think you give Naijaboiy a run for his money on good looks cheesy
Re: Re-igniting A Dying Passion by Fatherherokay(m): 2:12pm On Dec 22, 2015
Hey nubian. You aven't spoiled any market for me. The ultimate aim is for people to gain from the blog, irrespective of d means or media. Thanx, and more power to ur elbow

1 Like

Re: Re-igniting A Dying Passion by kinglekan: 2:18pm On Dec 22, 2015
Nubian113:

I've only ever seen you once. I think you give Naijaboiy a run for his money on good looks cheesy

Me? shocked No way!!! cheesy cheesy

Dee is the fresh prince ooooo. Over frosh dude sef. grin

2 Likes

Re: Re-igniting A Dying Passion by naijaboiy: 3:50pm On Dec 22, 2015
Nubian113:

The young shall grow jare! cheesygrin
Re: Re-igniting A Dying Passion by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 22, 2015
naijaboiy:

The young shall grow jare! cheesygrin

What you implying embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Re-igniting A Dying Passion by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 22, 2015
So back to the topic at hand. Op what if I don't know what I'm passionate about embarassed

Daily tip: Passion is also a nicer way of saying obsession. smiley
Re: Re-igniting A Dying Passion by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 22, 2015
Father her okay Where you get your username from grin
Re: Re-igniting A Dying Passion by Fatherherokay(m): 7:53pm On Dec 22, 2015
hi Nubian. It is not father her okay. It is FATHERHERO kay. Kay for kayode.
What u are passionate about will always make you happy. You do it without hiccup. You derive pleasure when others derive pain. Passion is intrinsic; no external factor can impede you from...
Re: Re-igniting A Dying Passion by naijaboiy: 9:12pm On Dec 22, 2015
Nubian113:

What you implying embarassed lipsrsealed
i'll grow up and be like him cheesy
Re: Re-igniting A Dying Passion by Nobody: 1:51am On Dec 23, 2015
naijaboiy:

i'll grow up and be like him cheesy

Phew... Kinglekan is old grin I was gonna cry undecided
Re: Re-igniting A Dying Passion by kinglekan: 2:02am On Dec 23, 2015
Nubian113:

Phew... Kin.glekan is old grin I was gonna cry undecided

Get yo booty to bed missy angry

(1) (Reply)

Obtain Your Nigeria Birth Certificate @ NPC / How Long Should One Date Before getting engaged! / A Nairalander Shares Cute Pictures Of His Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.