Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,035 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Blogger Vs. Wordpress: Choosing A Blogging Platform - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Blogger Vs. Wordpress: Choosing A Blogging Platform (1510 Views)

How Do I Start A Blogging Site / VS WordPress.org - What Aspiring Bloggers Should Know / Blogger Or Wordpress :choosing the right blogging platform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blogger Vs. Wordpress: Choosing A Blogging Platform by KoboUP(m): 3:39pm On Dec 22, 2015
Not able to choose a blogging platform? well here is a WordPress versus Blogger comparison.
WordPress and (Blogger) are two of the worlds most popular blogging platforms. If you are just starting to explore the profitable world of blogging, you might be wondering which one to pick.

This detailed breakdown of each service should hopefully help you decide.

Blogger
When most people begin blogging, they start with Blogger. The main reason is that Blogger is free, it is pretty user-friendly, and you can have a blog up and running in a matter of minutes. Although most people tend to move from Blogger to WordPress at some point.

Being easy and free to use, hosts most of the blogs on the Internet. You just go to Blogger.com and get registered. As simple as that.No need to pay for hosting. You can also add your own custom domain with blog and make it look like a professional website or blog.

A blog allows you to edit your template or use any of the free templates available on the Internet. Unlike free WordPess.com blog, it also allow you to display Google AdSense ads.
Despite the ability to change your theme and show ads, you still don’t own the blog. You own you domain name, though.

The biggest problem with Blogger is search engine optimization. You don’t have the right meta description and keyword tags. This severely curtails your ability to compete with other bloggers in your niche.

If you are really short on cash, a free blog is the winner in this Blogger vs WordPress comparison analysis. I would suggest you go for a blog with custom domain name. This will allow you to start blogging with an investment of just a few dollars. When your blog grows and you start making money, move to a self-shosted WordPress blog. If you have enough money to invest, get your own domain name and web hosting to set up your self-hosted WordPress blog.

WordPress

Then, there is WordPress, which comes in two forms- the free, .com version and the self-hosted .org version. Here’s the deal; there are only so many choices we can handle before our brains explode, so I’m going to make this easy for you. If you want to stick to a free blog, where you are not paying anything, you should have a Blogger blog. is much more restrictive in what you are able to do behind the scenes and also does not allow ads. Monetization is a key goal for many bloggers, so if this is something you ever think you want to do, then is out. In addition, many of the fun plugins for wordpress.org are not available on the .com version, and there about five hundred other restrictions that I will spare you.

Free blog:
If you plan to use the free version of , you will have very limited control over the blog. The choice of themes will be just a handful and you might not find the best themes there. Also, the list plug-ins available will also be small. This means you will not be able to add various desired functions or features in your blog. A free blog on is not suitable for those who want to make money by placing ads (Adsense, BuysellAds, Yahoo Publisher Network, etc.) on their blogs.

Self-hosted WordPress.org blog:
WordPress provides you the blogging platform application/software for free. You can download and host it on your on web hosting server. This will require you to buy a domain name and web hosting from companies like GoDaddy. It will cost up to $100 to buy web hosting, domain and a premium WordPress theme for your self-hosted WordPress blog.

Is it worth spending $100 to get your self-hosted WordPress blog up and running? I know $100 is a significant amount for most of us, but you will be investing a lot of time working on your blog. The value of your hard work will be several times the $100 required to get a self-hosted WordPress blog.

If you keep blogging without a good platform with complete control, you might miss a lot of opportunities to make money, thousands of dollars a month.

Search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing are the biggest source of visitors for blogs. Search engine optimization (SEO) is important for better ranking in search results. With WordPress SEO plugins, it is very easy to do this.

With WordPress, you have better control over your blog as you own it. This is missing with or Blogger.

Conclusion
Now it’s your time to pick the winner of Blogger vs WordPress game. Whatever you choose, don’t forget to work hard and keep blogging with patience. Discipline and perseverance is the key to successful blogging.

http://www.standontech.com/2015/12/blogger-vs-wordpress-choosing-blogging.html

1 Like

Re: Blogger Vs. Wordpress: Choosing A Blogging Platform by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 22, 2015
WordPress all the way...
Self-hosted WordPress? Bam bam!!
Re: Blogger Vs. Wordpress: Choosing A Blogging Platform by winetapper: 3:51pm On Dec 22, 2015
ona just de confuse person angry I thought dey sed WordPress is d bezz
Re: Blogger Vs. Wordpress: Choosing A Blogging Platform by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 22, 2015
Currently now, blogger makes sense for me. Not yet ready for WP
Re: Blogger Vs. Wordpress: Choosing A Blogging Platform by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 22, 2015
Tuham:
Currently now, blogger makes sense for me. Not yet ready for WP

Well, once u try WordPress u will wish u had never even started with blogger.
Blogger has so many limitations you will only become aware of once you try blogger
Re: Blogger Vs. Wordpress: Choosing A Blogging Platform by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 22, 2015
BaebieHot:

Well, once u try WordPress u will wish u had never even started with blogger.
Blogger has so many limitations you will only become aware of once you try blogger
I knew blogger has limitations but you'll disagree less with me after you've read my post on Wordpress Pros and Cons You Need To Know
Re: Blogger Vs. Wordpress: Choosing A Blogging Platform by emmalexdboy(m): 8:49am On Dec 23, 2015
Tuham:

I knew blogger has limitations but you'll disagree less with me after you've read my post on Wordpress Pros and Cons You Need To Know
You'll definitely reach a stage where you'll have to migrate to wordpress to gain full independence. Mark my words!
Re: Blogger Vs. Wordpress: Choosing A Blogging Platform by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 23, 2015
emmalexdboy:
You'll definitely reach a stage where you'll have to migrate to wordpress to gain full independence. Mark my words!
Re: Blogger Vs. Wordpress: Choosing A Blogging Platform by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 23, 2015
emmalexdboy:
Of course am still coming to WP. Just trying to point out that WP is not an 100% saint platform
Re: Blogger Vs. Wordpress: Choosing A Blogging Platform by Dmayor7(m): 6:10pm On Dec 23, 2015
Tuham:

Of course am still coming to WP. Just trying to point out that WP is not an 100% saint platform

Yeah...

No platform is 100% safe and secure....

Wordpress have pores that can only be penetrated if you are negligent and not security conscious.

For those that want to start with wordpress see how to own your dream blog in less than 20 minutes.

And for all the akpako.... i.e those already on wordpress band-wagon see the basic wordpress safety tips

Kudos
Re: Blogger Vs. Wordpress: Choosing A Blogging Platform by Rosemary216(f): 1:52am On Dec 24, 2015
ooo.. Making brain die!
Re: Blogger Vs. Wordpress: Choosing A Blogging Platform by cyberwaver(m): 5:44am On Dec 24, 2015
I recommend Google Blogger for beginnera check out this post. It explained why you should start with blogger as a beginner
http://addednew.com/reasons-why-you-should-start-blogging-with-blogger-as-a-beginner/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Can't Get Approved For Google Adsense. Help Need / *HOSTING/WEBHOSTING RENEWAL? We Pay for GODADDY, BLUEHOST, EHOST & HOSTGATOR etc / How To Create Landing Page For Selling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.