Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,952 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

Buhari Declares Free Higher Education - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Buhari Declares Free Higher Education (52325 Views)

Future Of Higher Education Belongs To Private Varsities — NUC / Apply For The 2018 Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholars Program / List Of Top 25 Universities In Africa In 2017 Ranked By Times Higher Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Declares Free Higher Education by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 22, 2015
APC making promises on top of the promises they be not fulfilled

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Declares Free Higher Education by anigbajumo(m): 5:17pm On Dec 22, 2015
This finance minister has a lot of work to do to make sure this budget favour Nigerians'.Is not easy to generate revenue to fund these programs.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Declares Free Higher Education by adexdon(m): 5:50pm On Dec 22, 2015
why must I believe diz??
Re: Buhari Declares Free Higher Education by johnmartus(m): 5:50pm On Dec 22, 2015
GOOD PROPOSAL BUT I THINK INSTEAD OF FREE EDUCATION THEY SHOULD EQUIP OUR LABORATORIES THAT NOT FUNCTIONING AGAIN WITH MODERN FACILITIES.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Declares Free Higher Education by funkyibodude(m): 5:59pm On Dec 22, 2015
Free education at this dwindling economy undecided ? Anyway good move if it's true
Re: Buhari Declares Free Higher Education by BlackBaron: 6:03pm On Dec 22, 2015
You'll never have quality education with the kind of paltry sum the Government invests on education especially for tertiary institutions.

Go and read up on countries with similar initiatives and find out how much they spend to assure the education given is quality!
Re: Buhari Declares Free Higher Education by Smarty303(m): 6:04pm On Dec 22, 2015
Nice 1
Re: Buhari Declares Free Higher Education by MizMyColi(f): 6:05pm On Dec 22, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares Free Higher Education by IamTheophilus(m): 6:05pm On Dec 22, 2015
Come and see chum chin @Vickerz
Re: Buhari Declares Free Higher Education by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 22, 2015
Well it is a great statement.. what remains to seen like all great statements from unexpected quarters - WHEN, HOW and WHO. Nigeria has reached that level where the butterfly effect is more like an elephant charge. What are the numbers? Is it sustainable? what is the impact in the short-term and long-term. are policies in place to enable activities to fulfill such a statement? Much remains to be seen
Re: Buhari Declares Free Higher Education by duruallwell25(m): 6:06pm On Dec 22, 2015
Joe4lv:
What a marvelous plan for the future though I know how much will go into this project especially free tuition fee for science, technical students in our tertiary institutions.

But,I think we as a nation should leave behind tribal sentiments and religious bigotry and think towards being a great nation. Invest in Aba made stuffs and have quality standard of international acceptance and help market those products abroad. China started like that and today the world depends on them.

Mechanise agriculture in the north and encourage agric processing plants all over the north with channels created for exportation to help generate income for the nation.

All these will create jobs instead of making tuition free and have junk of graduates in the already laden unemployment market with no industries to work in.

we are poor,yes! but we don't free education but subsidized ones with the hope of getting employed or having a policy to support our ideas as youths.

Nice one
Re: Buhari Declares Free Higher Education by kristisking(m): 6:07pm On Dec 22, 2015
End time free education. Is any reason to believe this government again after all their deceits.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares Free Higher Education by slap1(m): 6:09pm On Dec 22, 2015
Hehe... Bubu on auto pilot. I hope there is YouTube clip because they will soon deny it.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Declares Free Higher Education by oc2fish: 6:10pm On Dec 22, 2015
With free education can we have this .If No i am against free nonsense. As it is now our tertiary institutions lack teaching aids. Thanks to Tetfund that gave opportunities to our young lecturers to travel and get exposed to classy education.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares Free Higher Education by nigeriancuban: 6:10pm On Dec 22, 2015
nice move snail baba..
Re: Buhari Declares Free Higher Education by amtaken(f): 6:11pm On Dec 22, 2015
"I will, I will"

And 7 months have passed without any achievement.

Naija we have been scammed ooo.
boygeorge:
President Muhammadu Buhari has assured that there will be free eduction for science, technology and education students in tertiary institutions.

Buhari gave the assurance Tuesday while presenting the 2016 Appropriation Bill to a joint session of the National Assembly.

President Buhari stressed that this would indeed mark a historic milestone for us as a nation.

Buhari said his administration would unveil a conditional cash transfer programme for the poorest and most vulnerable.

The president said the full programme would be presented in the coming weeks and that it would include home-grown public primary school feeding.

"Furthermore, through the office of the Vice President, we are working with various development partners to design an implementable and transparent conditional cash transfer program for the poorest and most vulnerable.

"This program will be implemented in phases. Already, the compilation of registers of the poorest persons is ongoing.

"In the coming weeks, we will present the full programme which will include our home-grown public primary school feeding and free education for science, technology and education students in our tertiary institutions.

"Indeed, this will mark a historic milestone for us as a nation", President Buhari said.

Read more at http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/news/buhari-declares-free-higher-education/125583.html#TOXmbsO2ZHVFegYL.99

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Declares Free Higher Education by Obiwiz(m): 6:12pm On Dec 22, 2015
One thing is sure: they'll disown the promise before its time of implementation. #NaDiaPattern#

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Declares Free Higher Education by kateskitty(f): 6:12pm On Dec 22, 2015
Why do these so called leaders keep missing the point angry. How can free education solve Nigerias problem angry, they should focus on creating jobs and then people wouldn't need handouts like free education grin.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Declares Free Higher Education by repogirl(f): 6:13pm On Dec 22, 2015
Hope we got that in writing and signed by him before he and Oga Liar liar Mohammed will deny it in a few months time. angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Declares Free Higher Education by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 22, 2015
If this will be implemented, then it is a start of something new...

It is needed... Long due even.
Re: Buhari Declares Free Higher Education by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 22, 2015
anigbajumo:
This finance minister has a lot of work to do to make sure this budget favour Nigerians'.Is not easy to generate revenue to fund these programs.

The Finance Minister must dispense with incompetent ministry-bred advisers - they have already infused obsolete thinking into her decision-making and that is not good for the imminent future
Re: Buhari Declares Free Higher Education by ApexTitan(m): 6:14pm On Dec 22, 2015
The devil is in the details. We eagerly await the explanations on how this will be achieved especially in this era of decreasing government revenue.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares Free Higher Education by ednut1(m): 6:15pm On Dec 22, 2015
Tuition is already free na in FG unis. All we have is fraudulent charges by the unis
Re: Buhari Declares Free Higher Education by gbrown(m): 6:17pm On Dec 22, 2015
boygeorge:
President Muhammadu Buhari has assured that there will be free eduction for science, technology and education students in tertiary institutions.

Buhari gave the assurance Tuesday while presenting the 2016 Appropriation Bill to a joint session of the National Assembly.

President Buhari stressed that this would indeed mark a historic milestone for us as a nation.

Buhari said his administration would unveil a conditional cash transfer programme for the poorest and most vulnerable.

The president said the full programme would be presented in the coming weeks and that it would include home-grown public primary school feeding.

"Furthermore, through the office of the Vice President, we are working with various development partners to design an implementable and transparent conditional cash transfer program for the poorest and most vulnerable.

"This program will be implemented in phases. Already, the compilation of registers of the poorest persons is ongoing.

"In the coming weeks, we will present the full programme which will include our home-grown public primary school feeding and free education for science, technology and education students in our tertiary institutions.

"Indeed, this will mark a historic milestone for us as a nation", President Buhari said.

Read more at http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/news/buhari-declares-free-higher-education/125583.html#TOXmbsO2ZHVFegYL.99
sai baba, GOD bless you, but pdp and the wailers dance band of otuoke will not like this oh, GOD bless Nigeria, our country will be great again, wailers have two options, (1) hug a transformer (2) jump into lagoon lagoon
Re: Buhari Declares Free Higher Education by musicwriter(m): 6:18pm On Dec 22, 2015
This's the BEST news I've ever heard from a Nigerian president!. For the first time a Nigerian head of state have reasoned futuristically!.

This's something I've been calling for ages!. In fact, this news have made my christmas. This's all I want for Christmas.

Finally, an African head of state (aside Dr. Kwame Nkrumah) have come to the realization that Africa cannot develop without investment in grassroots science.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Declares Free Higher Education by Orikinla(m): 6:18pm On Dec 22, 2015
Wow! Now I can say here comes President Muhammadu Buhari and the Nigerian Dream. When I called for full scholarship for medical students in view of the shortage of medical doctors, many people disagreed with me. But this great news will silence every enemy of progress.
Re: Buhari Declares Free Higher Education by anonimi: 6:19pm On Dec 22, 2015
Promises a-plenty!
Delivery a-empty!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Declares Free Higher Education by bigval(m): 6:19pm On Dec 22, 2015
free education is not the way forward now, we need to improve the quality of our education, maybe at a subsidized Rate.
Re: Buhari Declares Free Higher Education by anigbajumo(m): 6:19pm On Dec 22, 2015
voltron:

The Finance Minister must dispense with incompetent ministry-bred advisers - they have already infused obsolete thinking into her decision-making and that is not good for the imminent future

]No no no,u are wrong sir.patience is the key.U CNT jez conclude like that.Let wait and see her policy and how she will dance to the tune.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares Free Higher Education by Geraraheremehn: 6:20pm On Dec 22, 2015

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares Free Higher Education by jideflows(m): 6:24pm On Dec 22, 2015
osedvgirl:
Buhari I love

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares Free Higher Education by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 22, 2015
Hmm from eradicating bokoharam before this year end to free higher education? Chaii buhari with his empty promises

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Father Wants To Beat His Daugher Because She Doesn't Know Mathematics...( Pic) / FUTO Confirms Identities Of Students That Died During Foursome Sex / University Of Uyo Orientation On Fire Extinguishing Goes Wrong (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.