Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. (17934 Views)

Believe Me, It Will Cost You Less Than #90,000 To ROOF Your Next Building / BRICKS,BRICK,BRICK TILES,BURNT BRICKS,RED BRICKS,FOR SALE IN NIGERIA. ✯✯✯✯✯ ☸☸ / Let Us Design Your Next Building Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Godspikin: 12:29am On Dec 23, 2015
Have you ever thought of using red bricks for your building projects?

We can supply you red bricks and do the setting, screeding, varnishing and painting(if you so choose, yes you can apply paints on it when screeded)

You can learn more on why you should use red bricks in the link below?

Those interested in purchasing our brand new red bricks making machine can also click on the link.

End the year on a HIGH....Buy this POWERFUL MONEY MAKER to strategically position yourself for next year.

https://www.nairaland.com/2812399/red-brick-making-machine-sale
Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Godspikin: 10:06am On Dec 23, 2015
Advantages of red-brick over traditional cement blocks.

* It is bulletproof.
* It is more environmentally friendly than sandcrete blocks.
* It is the most appropriate for our climate and environment.
* It is sound proof.
* It is unique.
* It is made from natural materials.
* It has long term cost benefits (especially when you leave it unpainted, we will only apply varnish to it, to make it waterproof, that way fungus and mosses can't mess with it.) However, you can paint the interior when screeded. You can paint the exterior too if you so wish.

There are a lot more advantages to it. These are just a few.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Tequilah: 11:17am On Dec 23, 2015
Where can these red bricks be bought in Lagos? And what are their prices per block?? sad
Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Godspikin: 11:22am On Dec 23, 2015
Tequilah:
Where can these red bricks be bought in Lagos? And what are their prices per block?? sad

If you have a project you can call us. Our factory is in Osogbo but our machine is mobile. We will need to sit down with you, understand your requirements then we can give appropriate price. You can call 07039027418.
Thanks for your anticipated patronage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Godspikin: 11:23am On Dec 23, 2015
We can supply and set for you. Call 07039027418 today.

Why red brick is the best for your next project.

* The best for our climate - Red bricks are thermally efficient reducing energy requirements, cool during warm weather and warm during cool weather.

* Cost effective production – Our red bricks are manufactured with only 10% cement to achieve 7MPa blocks after 14days of curing.

* Cost effective construction - No burning of blocks – cure for 14days during site clearance and laying foundations.

* Reduced labour costs – Interlocking blocks can be laid 3 times faster than cement blocks therefore less labour time per house and faster construction.

* Speed - When cured, the red bricks can be dry-stacked in the superstructure representing as much as a 30% saving in cost and time.

* Local Material – Our red bricks making machines hydraulically compress laterite mixed with very little cement into solid blocks.

* Local Delivery - Our machines are mobile for onsite bricks production and reducing costs on transportation.

https://www.nairaland.com/2818337/why-should-use-red-bricks

https://www.nairaland.com/2812399/red-brick-making-machine-sale

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Tequilah: 11:25am On Dec 23, 2015
Godspikin:
If you have a project you can call us. Our factory is in Osogbo but our machine is mobile. We will need to sit down with you, understand your requirements then we can give appropriate price. You can call 07039027418.
Thanks for your anticipated patronage.

Thanks for your response. But it would help if you can give me an average price for a 3-bedroom bungalow building project that you have executed recently. it would help me draw up a budget so that I can know have an idea of what to expect. Thanks.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Godspikin: 11:45pm On Dec 24, 2015
Tequilah:

Thanks for your response. But it would help if you can give me an average price for a 3-bedroom bungalow building project that you have executed recently. it would help me draw up a budget so that I can know have an idea of what to expect. Thanks.

Sorry for responding so late.

I will like you to know why I refrained from providing an estimate, as demanded by you.

1kg in China is the same as 1kg in Aba, Akure and Adamawa. Someone once asked, which one is heavier 10kg of stone and 10kg of feather. The answer is NONE, cos kg is a STANDARD.
3 bedroom flat is not a STANDARD.

Like I said we may need to see your plan, know the total area, know if it's all ensuite, how many living room, cost of building materials in the area (cos the brickwork will be done on German Flooring, concrete pillars, cost of planks e.t.c)

Even if I give an estimate in the number of bricks for a 3 bedroom, it may not be as accurate and even if it is, it can never represent the total costs.

If I see your plan or know the total area and other necessary information, I will then give you an appropriate estimate.

Thanks for your understanding.

3 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Godspikin: 11:53pm On Dec 24, 2015
More pics

Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Godspikin: 12:03am On Dec 25, 2015
This project is a few minutes walk from Western Sun Hotels and the residence of Senator Adeleke in Ede Osun State.

4 Bedrooms all en-suite, 2 living rooms.
Varnish will be applied on the Exterior, this will make it waterproof and ensure it retains its unique beauty, the interior will be plastered and screeded to give the best of both worlds, A beautifully painted interior, with stucco, spatinin and leaves digital done on some portion and a uniquely beautiful exterior with all the benefits of a red brick building.

Total number of bricks to be used: 11,500 - 11,700 (Project is ongoing, 11,500 estimated to complete it)
Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Tequilah: 12:41am On Dec 25, 2015
Godspikin:
Sorry for responding so late.

I will like you to know why I refrained from providing an estimate, as demanded by you.

1kg in China is the same as 1kg in Aba, Akure and Adamawa. Someone once asked, which one is heavier 10kg of stone and 10kg of feather. The answer is NONE, cos kg is a STANDARD.
3 bedroom flat is not a STANDARD.

Like I said we may need to see your plan, know the total area, know if it's all ensuite, how many living room, cost of building materials in the area (cos the brickwork will be done on German Flooring, concrete pillars, cost of planks e.t.c)

Even if I give an estimate in the number of bricks for a 3 bedroom, it may not be as accurate and even if it is, it can never represent the total costs.

If I see your plan or know the total area and other necessary information, I will then give you an appropriate estimate.

Thanks for your understanding.

Ok, I understand, thanks.
Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Tequilah: 12:43am On Dec 25, 2015
Godspikin:
More pics

But aren't you going to put mortar in-between each of the bricks to set it in place and seal up the gaps?

Also, can this kind of structure be built in a place that is sandy, after a raft foundation is put in place? Where would the laterite or clay used for making the bricks be sourced?
Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Godspikin: 1:14am On Dec 25, 2015
The set bricks gives a super strong structure without mortar. Though the interior of this particular project will be plastered and screeded, mortar plays no part in putting them in place. Unlike sandcrete blocks, the red bricks interlock and fit together like a puzzle.
Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Godspikin: 1:20am On Dec 25, 2015
Tequilah:

But aren't you going to put mortar in-between each of the bricks to set it in place and seal up the gaps?

Also, can this kind of structure be built in a place that is sandy, after a raft foundation is put in place? Where would the laterite or clay used for making the bricks be sourced?

The set bricks gives a super strong structure without mortar. Though the interior of this particular project will be plastered and screeded, mortar plays no part in putting them in place. Unlike sandcrete blocks, the red bricks interlock and fit together like a puzzle.

Yes you can build in a sandy environment, once the appropriate foundation is laid. When there is a project there are two options available to our clients, we can take our mobile equipment to the site once we are sure of local availability of laterite or we can transport cured bricks to site and start setting. One is faster and more expensive, but the choice is totally the client's to make.
Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by butterflex: 3:54am On Dec 25, 2015
brother. i want to send you my architectural design for an event centre and wondered if you can give a cost guide as to how many bricks is require for my project and also i would love to know if you can work in Benin City. can these bricks also be used for a storey building i.e 4 block of flats B(2 FLATS up 2 FLATS DOWN) with 3 bedrooms each.

please send me an email and i shall reply you with my floor plans.
Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Godspikin: 7:31am On Dec 25, 2015
butterflex:
brother. i want to send you my architectural design for an event centre and wondered if you can give a cost guide as to how many bricks is require for my project and also i would love to know if you can work in Benin City. can these bricks also be used for a storey building i.e 4 block of flats B(2 FLATS up 2 FLATS DOWN) with 3 bedrooms each.

please send me an email and i shall reply you with my floor plans.

Okay sir.
We can communicate via email, send any necessary info to morovina.integrated@gmail.com
Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by joeyztime(m): 11:37am On Dec 25, 2015
Godspikin:
hello, i'm interested in using red bricks for a future building project because it doesn't trap heat and more affordable. However I'll like to know if nailing on the red bricks wall from inside such a building will make it Crack as I believe that the bricks are denser than regular blocks.
Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Godspikin: 3:39pm On Dec 25, 2015
joeyztime:
hello, i'm interested in using red bricks for a future building project because it doesn't trap heat and more affordable. However I'll like to know if nailing on the red bricks wall from inside such a building will make it Crack as I believe that the bricks are denser than regular blocks.

No, driving nails into it won't make it crack. Preferably though you may get a portable (electrical) nail driver to do that.
Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Godspikin: 3:40pm On Dec 25, 2015
joeyztime:

You may add my number on whatsapp and get in touch whenever you are ready.
Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by agarawu23(m): 4:11pm On Dec 25, 2015
Godspikin:
This project is a few minutes walk from Western Sun Hotels and the residence of Senator Adeleke in Ede Osun State.

4 Bedrooms all en-suite, 2 living rooms.
Varnish will be applied on the Exterior, this will make it waterproof and ensure it retains its unique beauty, the interior will be plastered and screeded to give the best of both worlds, A beautifully painted interior, with stucco, spatinin and leaves digital done on some portion and a uniquely beautiful exterior with all the benefits of a red brick building.

Total number of bricks to be used: 11,500 - 11,700 (Project is ongoing, 11,500 estimated to complete it)
let's assume I am also using 11,500- 11,700 bricks, how much is it? because if the total amount is more than blocks, I doubt ppl will want to use it despite its Advabtage. Economics things wink

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Godspikin: 4:51pm On Dec 25, 2015
agarawu23:
let's assume I am also using 11,500- 11,700 bricks, how much is it? because if the total amount is more than blocks, I doubt ppl will want to use it despite its Advabtage. Economics things wink

It depends on preference and the understanding of immediate vs long term costs, Add my number on whatsapp and I will tell you.

You doubt 'people' will want to use it despite its advantages? To be honest sir 'people' use G-wagon despite the fact that it is more expensive than Lexus RX 350, both are SUVs, one is more expensive than the other because of the 'perks' and yet 'people' use it for the same reason. As described by a cousin of mine "G-wagon is a masterpiece of engineering perfection".
So sir, it's all about personal preference.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Godspikin: 4:58pm On Dec 25, 2015
To be honest red bricks is cheaper, with low maintenance costs
Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 25, 2015
I don't see the need for the cloak and dagger stuff.

Costing is simple.

How many red bricks approximately makes up the same area as a 9 and 6 inch block.

How much is each brick?

Easy peasy.

8 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Godspikin: 5:32pm On Dec 25, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Costing is simple.

How many red bricks approximately makes up the same area as a 9 and 6 inch block.

How much is each brick?

Easy peasy.

No cloak and dagger here.
It's a business. Everything doesn't end on nairaland. In a business you can sell what you normally sell for #6 for #5.50k that doesn't mean, you go about telling everyone you now sell for that price. If you show genuine interest a businessman can always yield ground or not. Why dont you let him contact me first.
Business does not end here. If he is truly interested he will get in touch. I am not going to supply the bricks via nairaland anyway, so I dont see why making personal contact is bad. It's not an e-product.
Thanks.
Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by lastpage: 9:27pm On Dec 25, 2015
Godspikin:

No cloak and dagger here.
It's a business. Everything doesn't end on nairaland. In a business you can sell what you normally sell for #6 for #5.50k that doesn't mean, you go about telling everyone you now sell for that price. If you show genuine interest a businessman can always yield ground or not. Why dont you let him contact me first.
Business does not end here. If he is truly interested he will get in touch. I am not going to supply the bricks via Nairaland anyway, so I dont see why making personal contact is bad. It's not an e-product.
Thanks.

You seem to think you are in a "seller's market" where you enjoy some kind of monopoly and can call the shots?
There are sellers of building products like iron, Cement, Sand, Blocks, Wood, Roofing sheets, Paints, e.t.c. who know how the market works and how "being openly transparent" with product price, initiates and motivates "sales".
...and their sales figure accrued from Nairaland, has proved them right

What the person was asking for is not even an exact price.... just an ESTIMATE! Which means a plus or minus Y% is involved. The final figure is what needs to be discussed privately but even then, a whole house has been built and every Kobo spent stated and explained here!
Go and ask Builders like @Spyder, what transparency in business means

And as l am reading this, l am also thinking and wondering if it is "cost effective" for me to actually use Red Bricks for a part (not all) of a building l am doing, for aesthetic reasons but l feel if l get the information right now, l can do a little "calculation" without all the stress (including safety & Security) of sending my house plans to someone l dont know from Adam (No pun/disrespect intended).... just to make a simple decision l can adequately make, without such risks!

Your example of G-Wagon Vs. RX350 is completely irrelevant and more like comparing "Apples and Oranges"
Some major decisions (like building your home) is not all about ostentation or "throwing money" at anything available.
One of the problems with Nigerians that are "rich" (mostly half educated, stinkingly rich political/civil servant appointees with access to filthy lucre or those we call "money-miss-road" grin ) ....is that they think "burning money" makes then stand out while all it does is sooth and massage their inflated ego!

Rich people who worked assiduously for their money, ALWAYS MIND EVERY PENNY THEY SPEND and for them, every expense is an economic decision............. not just an ego trip! Reason being that they know their are ten better things, including charity, to do with the money moreso, they know that such "artificial and ostentatious things" DONT DEFINE WHO THEY ARE or their PERSONALITY.
The "very rich' actually dont like to be noticed at all. Go and figure it out.

Anyway, your "business model" is your decision and prerogative, l can only wish you Goodluck
but l definitely wont be sending my house plans to anyone, except as an absolute necessity ....... and that would be after our discussion has actually reached an advanced stage and l have made the "preliminary decisions".

Merry Xmas and happy New Year in advance

Lastpage!

16 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by anonimi: 9:36pm On Dec 25, 2015
Godspikin:
* Local Material – Our red bricks making machines hydraulically compress laterite mixed with very little cement into solid blocks.

I wonder if you consider the environmental impact of your laterite excavation?
Otherwise a worthwhile alternative to the current predominant practice of using hollow cement blocks.
Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by sigmundfreud(m): 1:59am On Dec 26, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Costing is simple.

How much is each brick?

Easy peasy.
I tire O!
Just give an estimate of cost per block, shikena.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Godspikin: 7:09am On Dec 26, 2015
lastpage:

You seem to think you are in a "seller's market" where you enjoy some kind of monopoly and can call the shots?
There are sellers of building products like iron, Cement, Sand, Blocks, Wood, Roofing sheets, Paints, e.t.c. who know how the market works and how "being openly transparent" with product price, initiates and motivates "sales".

What the person was asking for is not even an exact price.... just an ESTIMATE! Which means a plus or minus Y% is involved. The final figure is what needs to be discussed privately but even then, a whole house has been built and every Kobo spent stated and explained here!

And as l am reading this, l am also thinking and wondering if it is "cost effective" for me to actually use Red Bricks for a part (not all) of a building l am doing, for aesthetic reasons but l feel if l get the information right now, l can do a little "calculation" without all the stress (including safety & Security) of sending my house plans to someone l dont know from Adam (No pun/disrespect intended).... just to make a simple decision l can adequately make, without such risks!

Your example of G-Wagon Vs. RX350 is completely irrelevant and more like comparing "Apples and Oranges"
Some major decisions (like building your home) is not all about ostentation or "throwing money" at anything available.
One of the problems with Nigerians that are "rich" (mostly half educated, stinkingly rich political/civil servant appointees with access to filthy lucre or those we call "money-miss-road" grin ) ....is that they think "burning money" makes then stand out while all it does is sooth and massage their inflated ego!

Rich people who worked assiduously for their money, ALWAYS MIND EVERY PENNY THEY SPEND and for them, every expense is an economic decision............. not just an ego trip! Reason being that they know their are ten better things, including charity, to do with the money moreso, they know that such "artificial and ostentatious things" DONT DEFINE WHO THEY ARE or their PERSONALITY.

Anyway, your "business model" is your decision and prerogative, l can only wish you Goodluck
but l definitely wont be sending my house plans to anyone, except as an absolute necessity ....... and that would be after our discussion has actually reached an advanced stage and l have made the "preliminary decisions".

Lastpage!

Thank you for your contribution. While not trying to defend my position about whatever I wrote. I gave that example because he expressed doubts for what other people will do and I tried to point out it all boils down to personal preference. I have been long enough on nairaland to know what some guys can do with someone else's thread.
Honestly there's no biggie in telling him the costs. I only prefer to deal with genuinely interested people alone. I believe any genuinely interested person will add me and ask whatever questions he or she wants to ask. I only ask the man to contact me, I never said he MUST send his plan.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Godspikin: 2:37am On Dec 28, 2015
Red brick is for sure the best for our environment.

It is a modernised version of our local building technology (mud houses), with huge economical, environmental and security benefits.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Dexmars(m): 2:49am On Dec 29, 2015
Mr. Oga Poster,

I just read through....hoping to see cost per block and size so I can press my small calculator.

Please do so.

What happens if it's a 3 storey building?

Beams and columns ?

I might not be building now but gathering knowledge.

This figures and cost request would go a long way to boost sales.

Dex

3 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Dexmars(m): 2:53am On Dec 29, 2015
Another question what happens to electrical and mechanical.

Conduit wiring, plumbing...etc
Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by Nobody: 4:52am On Dec 29, 2015
lastpage:

Lastpage!

An impeccable thesis, as usual.

Any would be business owner that wants to actually sell online, as opposed to just stroking his ego, will do well to pay attention.

But I won't hold my breadth grin
Re: This Is Why You Should Use Red Bricks For Your (next) Building Projects. by McDandy1: 11:38am On Dec 29, 2015
Poster, what I believe everyone is asking is cost per sqm, so that it can be compared with using sandcrete block which is 10No. Blocks=150*10=1500/sqm(excluding mortar) for 9" .And we can be able to compare easily. Sometimes the client that you think is unserious will end up giving more jobs. I check on this property section to check prices and compare alternatives. Also remember that most people are experienced engineers with many years in practices. I respect your views too.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

VATICAN GARDEN ESTATE ENUGU, BY CENTENARY. JUST BUY AND BUILD! / See What The New Lagos Tenancy Law Says. Full Text / Platinum Regal Estate (near Isheri North) Still On Sales (with Picture Gallery)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.