Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

Channels TV Wins Best TV Station For The 10th Time, Nigerians React On Twitter - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Channels TV Wins Best TV Station For The 10th Time, Nigerians React On Twitter (47279 Views)

Chukwuma Onuekwusi Of Channels TV Is Dead / Channels TV Anchor's Phone Rang On Live TV (Photos) / Channels TV Newscaster Caught Kissing Colleague On Live TV (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Channels TV Wins Best TV Station For The 10th Time, Nigerians React On Twitter by kokomilala(m): 4:59pm On Dec 23, 2015
AIT and NTA have both been host broadcasters for two FIFA organized competitions.Channels has never shown a live match in its history...
Re: Channels TV Wins Best TV Station For The 10th Time, Nigerians React On Twitter by aalangel(f): 5:01pm On Dec 23, 2015
I'm in the media, but CHANNELS, your winning has become boring.
Re: Channels TV Wins Best TV Station For The 10th Time, Nigerians React On Twitter by Lovexme(m): 5:03pm On Dec 23, 2015
Channels TV is only good in news (mostly politics), nothing else.
I prefer ONTV as they air my kind of programmes.
Re: Channels TV Wins Best TV Station For The 10th Time, Nigerians React On Twitter by mujaya1(m): 5:09pm On Dec 23, 2015
In this world, i trust only two media, aljazeera and rt.
Re: Channels TV Wins Best TV Station For The 10th Time, Nigerians React On Twitter by jesuloluwa2010: 5:19pm On Dec 23, 2015
Ijaya123:
When will AIT get theirs?
AIT has bn politicalised and as such,can NEVER win d award.Mitv is too local&unprofessional to come near.Galaxy Tv is way behind and NTA,govt station.Indeed,only two tv stations exist in Nigeria:Channels tv and others
Re: Channels TV Wins Best TV Station For The 10th Time, Nigerians React On Twitter by SlyCharlie(m): 5:20pm On Dec 23, 2015
Best News television yes that's the award they supposed to be winning... but best. tv station. common.. TVC is waay better please!

4 Likes

Re: Channels TV Wins Best TV Station For The 10th Time, Nigerians React On Twitter by Ijaya123: 5:21pm On Dec 23, 2015
jesuloluwa2010:

AIT has bn politicalised and as such,can NEVER win d award.Mitv is too local&unprofessional to come near.Galaxy Tv is way behind and NTA,govt station.Indeed,only two tv stations exist in Nigeria:Channels tv and others

Just mocking AIT ni.
Re: Channels TV Wins Best TV Station For The 10th Time, Nigerians React On Twitter by SlyCharlie(m): 5:23pm On Dec 23, 2015
jesuloluwa2010:

dude have u seen TVC graphics and studio arrangement?..
they are top notch! channels doesn't come close.Not taking anything away from channels tho, wen it comes to news they are rhe beat

4 Likes

Re: Channels TV Wins Best TV Station For The 10th Time, Nigerians React On Twitter by NaWetinDey(m): 5:24pm On Dec 23, 2015
I daresay it's the best within this. country, Nigeria. However, it's a five-year space behind the likes of CNN and Aljazeera. Aljazeera is like bombs always while the other called CNN gives you in perspectives.

Be it as it may, we owe it as a debt to honour and encourage "our" own. Channels takes it for me this year.
Re: Channels TV Wins Best TV Station For The 10th Time, Nigerians React On Twitter by shinel(f): 5:25pm On Dec 23, 2015
Best TV Station on what basis? If it's all round news and entertainment, it's a No for me.
I only watch Channels TV for 30mins daily when it's 10pm.

As far as I'm concerned, Channels TV should be called the best news TV station.
Very poor in other aspects.

When it comes to all round news and entertainment.
It's ONTV or TVC contesting.

3 Likes

Re: Channels TV Wins Best TV Station For The 10th Time, Nigerians React On Twitter by timunstopable: 5:29pm On Dec 23, 2015
To me TVC deserves the award

And slow down before you start shouting they are biased

Sentiments apart.

TVC has a world class studio

TVC brought us live feeds from at least 20 states during the last Election no other station has that capacity

TVC signal very clear

TVC breaks new first and also covers live from the scene (Channels you ve 2 wait 4 10pm news to get full details of news and sometimes no pictures to go along with the news especially if it is outside lagos)

TVC presenters also very professional from e.g Yori Edu

TVC Your View .Lovely progarm yes a copy cat of the View in the Us bt not bad at all

lastly every station has a form of bias some are just more visible than others even CNN, Fox , NBC

if you look closely you ll see channels bias. Remember when John momoh was always in Gej entourage

4 Likes

Re: Channels TV Wins Best TV Station For The 10th Time, Nigerians React On Twitter by teamchocolate: 5:35pm On Dec 23, 2015
Bros u wicked o..

prettysolid:
Why wont they when NTA is paying loyalty Aso rock and AIT is in prison

1 Like

Re: Channels TV Wins Best TV Station For The 10th Time, Nigerians React On Twitter by SlyCharlie(m): 5:41pm On Dec 23, 2015
timunstopable:
To me TVC deserves the award

And slow down before you start shouting they are biased

Sentiments apart.

TVC has a world class studio

TVC signal very clear

TVC breaks new first and also covers live from the scene (Channels you ve 2 wait 4 10pm news to get full details of news and sometimes no pictures to go along with the news especially if it is outside lagos)

TVC presenters also very professional from e.g Yori Edu

TVC Your View .Lovely progarm yes a copy cat of the View in the Us bt not bad at all

lastly every station has a form of bias some are just more visible than others even CNN, Fox , NBC

if you look closely you ll see channels bias. Remember when John momoh was always in Gej entourage
dude u are soo on point..
FOX is clearly a republican channel, CNN and is the friend of any government in power.. NBC Is the only neutral one..
coming back home, Nobody beats TVC in all round tv entertainment

4 Likes

Re: Channels TV Wins Best TV Station For The 10th Time, Nigerians React On Twitter by sanmibukunmi: 5:55pm On Dec 23, 2015
mahyowah:
guys channels doesn't show Nollywood movies nor Naija music videos. they make alot of money from adverts yet their studio is not of international standard. they've been winning this award for the past 6 years, making other channels look stupid. compare their graphics with TVC, their studio arrangement and they are not even a 24hr channel. Let's have a rethink guys, let promote healthy competition, I know they've got good stuffs but c'mon we have to criticize their imperfections. congrats to them anyway.
To me I don't think journalism is majorly about how good your graphics are. the main point of journalism is reporting pure unbiased news all the time. channels truely lacks the top notch graphics and all but they have been able to stay unbiased for a long period of time. other stations can't do this especially tvc. besides mehn channels is ours too... they are a news channel and thats probably why they don't really show movies and as for the foreign movies I think I once saw them show a nollywood movie though it's been long.

1 Like

Re: Channels TV Wins Best TV Station For The 10th Time, Nigerians React On Twitter by megabyte2(f): 5:57pm On Dec 23, 2015
They deserve it.
Re: Channels TV Wins Best TV Station For The 10th Time, Nigerians React On Twitter by shogz89: 6:03pm On Dec 23, 2015
Lilimax:

Their news are always one sided and not balanced embarassed
how is it one sided.. am not talking about tvc with the purple colour.. am talking about tvc news with the yellow colour that is only on terrestrial decoder
Re: Channels TV Wins Best TV Station For The 10th Time, Nigerians React On Twitter by timunstopable: 6:05pm On Dec 23, 2015
TVC now on Dstv Gotv Actv etc

Lyoncrescent:
In terms of the election coverage,TVC News was way way better. They had video coverage in almost all the states where elections were held. When TVC was showing live coverage of happenings in the INEC Center in Rivers State, Channels was busy showing audio phone call with their own respondents on ground. If you truly followed the elections, you would agree TVC did a much better job. I found myself ditching dstv to my local antenna just to have access to TVC.

Dilemma however is that TVC is not on DSTV and as a result of that, i have not had any cause to watch them since after the election to do a more thorough comparison with channels tv. TVC should work on joining dstv so as to also be viewed nationally as i am not so sure TVC is avalaible in all 36 states and the FCT on local antenna whereas being on dstv will give them that
Re: Channels TV Wins Best TV Station For The 10th Time, Nigerians React On Twitter by tosyne2much(m): 6:06pm On Dec 23, 2015
Mjshexy:
They deserve it, they are 20years ahead of NTA & 5years ahead of AIT cheesy
hahaha cheesy
Re: Channels TV Wins Best TV Station For The 10th Time, Nigerians React On Twitter by donstriker0: 6:09pm On Dec 23, 2015
I hate the channel die,so boorrrrinng
Re: Channels TV Wins Best TV Station For The 10th Time, Nigerians React On Twitter by 3rdlegxxx(m): 6:18pm On Dec 23, 2015
Lilimax:

Their news are always one sided and not balanced embarassed

that's a lie and i disagree, TVC is arguably the best with Channels TV, TVC can only get 2nd place, they give insightful news too and they got loads of cool shows.
Re: Channels TV Wins Best TV Station For The 10th Time, Nigerians React On Twitter by htconeline: 6:19pm On Dec 23, 2015
Tvc news always the best in nigeria and west africa.
Re: Channels TV Wins Best TV Station For The 10th Time, Nigerians React On Twitter by 3rdlegxxx(m): 6:21pm On Dec 23, 2015
i think TVC and Channels are our best two local channels, TVC has a mix of news and entertainment with fun programs, when i am not on gotv and off cable tv, it's usuallt this two guys and they never disappoint even tho i think TVC has three channels and one radio channel, there is the one for africa, the one in lagos and i think a third, those guys to be the best, altho it is really hard to beat off a channel like channels who are so dedicated to news and trying to modernize our local TV as we see them
Re: Channels TV Wins Best TV Station For The 10th Time, Nigerians React On Twitter by 3rdlegxxx(m): 6:23pm On Dec 23, 2015
htconeline:
Tvc news always the best in nigeria and west africa.

thanks bro, it seems you also watch TV, i think TVC is a better all round tv channel than channels.
Re: Channels TV Wins Best TV Station For The 10th Time, Nigerians React On Twitter by 3rdlegxxx(m): 6:25pm On Dec 23, 2015
timunstopable:
TVC now on Dstv Gotv Actv etc

trust me bro, i watch with the antenna occasionally on those few days when i am out of subscription and TVC does it for me, channels is a strong contender but TVC is an all rounder, i wish they gave us the criteria they used in grinding out a winner.
Re: Channels TV Wins Best TV Station For The 10th Time, Nigerians React On Twitter by Nickymezor(f): 6:33pm On Dec 23, 2015
Congratz to dem
Re: Channels TV Wins Best TV Station For The 10th Time, Nigerians React On Twitter by 3rdlegxxx(m): 6:48pm On Dec 23, 2015
mahyowah:
guys channels doesn't show Nollywood movies nor Naija music videos. they make alot of money from adverts yet their studio is not of international standard. they've been winning this award for the past 6 years, making other channels look stupid. compare their graphics with TVC, their studio arrangement and they are not even a 24hr channel. Let's have a rethink guys, let promote healthy competition, I know they've got good stuffs but c'mon we have to criticize their imperfections. congrats to them anyway.

best comment so far, bro i feel you and i also feel the nigerian youth doesn't really have a voice, if we did and had a good medium that the country would listen to us, we would ask how these awards gets given, criteria and all that, TVC is a channel that delivers and it shows on their crystal clear visuals, watching their studios it would make you love being a Nigerian, i doubt this is fair, i think TVC deserves this aard and have been deserving since the past 3 years.

1 Like

Re: Channels TV Wins Best TV Station For The 10th Time, Nigerians React On Twitter by timunstopable: 7:01pm On Dec 23, 2015
3rdlegxxx:

trust me bro, i watch with the antenna occasionally on those few days when i am out of subscription and TVC does it for me, channels is a strong contender but TVC is an all rounder, i wish they gave us the criteria they used in grinding out a winner.

we are on the same page

I was so happy when I found out tvcnews now on Gotv nd dstv

TVC news ☆☆☆☆☆
TVC Entertainment ★★★★★★
TVC Coverage ★★★★★★★★
Re: Channels TV Wins Best TV Station For The 10th Time, Nigerians React On Twitter by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 23, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
NONSENSE, WAITING DO OUR OWN AIT?

AI what?
Re: Channels TV Wins Best TV Station For The 10th Time, Nigerians React On Twitter by 3rdlegxxx(m): 7:11pm On Dec 23, 2015
NORAD:

AI what?

lol, abeg help me ask am which day or month im don sidon watch AIT last
Re: Channels TV Wins Best TV Station For The 10th Time, Nigerians React On Twitter by babafirst(m): 7:41pm On Dec 23, 2015
prettysolid:
Why wont they when NTA is paying loyalty Aso rock and AIT is in prison
The tin wey make NTA dey do eye service since independence and the greed wey make AIT to enter prison na im no make 2 of them win.Ofcourse don't even mention Silverbird.

1 Like

Re: Channels TV Wins Best TV Station For The 10th Time, Nigerians React On Twitter by Neplusultra(f): 7:42pm On Dec 23, 2015
BankManager:
Channels TV is overrated!!
QUITE OVERRATED!!!

1 Like

Re: Channels TV Wins Best TV Station For The 10th Time, Nigerians React On Twitter by babafirst(m): 7:42pm On Dec 23, 2015
Mjshexy:
They deserve it, they are 20years ahead of NTA & 5years ahead of AIT cheesy
And 50 years ahead of Silverbird TV.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

#bbnaija: Emotional Isilomo Removed Her Wig On Stage When Talking To Ebuka / Beverly Osu Is Ripe For Marriage / 'Deadpool 2' Female Stunt Driver Killed In Motorcycle Crash On Set(photos/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.