Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,397 members, 7,819,414 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Where Exactly Is Unilag Fm? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Where Exactly Is Unilag Fm? (2104 Views)

Plssss And Plssss Where Exactly Can I Download Dis Music Pls Help Me Plsss / 96.9 Cool FM Or Rhythm 93.7 FM: Which Is The Best? / Abuja Radio Stations: 98.3 Hot FM vs. 96.9 Cool FM? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where Exactly Is Unilag Fm? by efiwe(m): 6:06pm On Jun 09, 2009
Where exactly is Unilag FM? undecided

As an ardent listener of Radio programs on our besieged airwave, I’m always fascinated with what really makes one station ordinary, the other extraordinary and another super extraordinary. A typical morning in Lagos, (the haven of noisy activities) starts with our FM wave thrown into a contending frenzy as Radio stations embark on a wooing or ‘soul-winning campaigns. And as expected, the listening populace must be having hard times deciding on a permanent choice of a station in our ever expanding airwave. Though there are evidences of more concentration of preference with some stations than others.

So I ask again, what indeed makes one Radio station the people’s favourite, the other not? What brought about the arrangement of hierarchy? What makes listeners tune their dial to a particular station all throughout the day(s) and give less thought on what’s going on the other side of the dial? What makes a début station wins over the hearts of a larger section of the listening audiences and swayed them over. What makes a Radio station rank to the ‘rave-of-the- moment’ status and becomes the targets of commercial pursuits by sponsors and advertising agents lobbying for her to surrender more slots to have share of business dealings with. What right amount of ingredients thrown in can leave the listeners calling for more? Is it more about music and less talk, or the right kind of talk to the right kind of ears? Or is it the witty and savvy skill of her presenters or is it the content of programming that can elevates the status of a radio station to be formidable one in our airwave that is becoming more competitive?

A case could be made of the arguably, the king of the Nigerian Radio airwaves. Mr. Dan Foster, who, if left to be argue was then the reason behind Cool FM’s mammoth of attention as early as dawn break through the Lagos sky. I doff my heart for his distinct Radio personality. And good to his professionalism, he has been able to not only carry along his numerous fans through the transition of his professional loyalty but had continued to inspire more to the fray in the Inspiration FM. Mind you, not only as a presenter alone but also as a member of directorate of programming.

As a big fan of his morning breakfast show, I could be held accountable for what I thought I heard him said on his show some years back about his dissatisfaction with directorate of programming at a Federal university radio station, in his opinion was lacking the essential ingredients of competing variably well with the respectful ones in our ever expanding airwave. He made a disparity assertion with that of a particular college Radio station in the United State….around the Washington areas if my memory had not been malignantly corrupted. I could remember him then in the Cool FM studio arguing that the students at the institution should be at the helm of affairs like programming, appropriate program slotting, solicitations, sponsor sorting and attitude formation that will invariably influence out its themes, outlook, values and uniqueness.

…, so what is wrong if the management at the station turns Unilag FM into a melting pot of converging and clashing of ideas? What is wrong in recruiting her staff from the vast array of its Faculty and Departments? What is wrong in having a fixed rotational quota among representatives from different Departments taking over the studio Mike between lecture free periods? What about having i.e. a Philosophy day, Law, engineering, economics day? Days when their chosen representatives are bombarded with questions about their chosen field of study and their relevance and contributions to National development are critically assessed.

what is wrong in having a bit a fanfare, like debates among the geniuses from different fronts slugging out the issues affecting the youths both in the campus and outside the four walls of our institutions. What about having interactive session on issues that bothers on the youth restlessness like peer group palaver, crimes, relationships, Gender issues, material cravings, politics, career choice and the unpredictable nature of the labour market or having a gang of intelligent correspondents spicing things up with juicy reporting, gossips and sneaks into the going on in classrooms, Departments, and hostels. Abeg someone should call Unilag FM from the sky and make originality out of her. Let her speak in a language that is strictly youth. Shee …,

If you wish to read more of this articles and more click on--www.nigerianidiots..com

Check out these other interesting articles:
What has G.P got to do with?
Welcome to the classroom
Where exactly is Unilag FM?
My chronicle of Hostel Life
Nigeria according to Tom Cruise

(1) (Reply)

A Clean 2001 Isuzu Rodeo For Sale - N1m / Changing Lives Lyrics - Frank Edwards Ft Don Moen / Dj Bash - The Bash Therapy Mix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.