Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

96.9 Cool FM Or Rhythm 93.7 FM: Which Is The Best? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 96.9 Cool FM Or Rhythm 93.7 FM: Which Is The Best? (24995 Views)

Poll: Your favorite radio station is:

96.6 Cool FM: 58% (64 votes)
Rhythm 93.7 FM: 41% (46 votes)
This poll has ended

After Olisa, Dan Foster Leaves 96.9 Cool Fm / Abuja Radio Stations: 98.3 Hot FM vs. 96.9 Cool FM? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

96.9 Cool FM Or Rhythm 93.7 FM: Which Is The Best? by gbenga9ja(m): 9:37am On Feb 12, 2006
Hi Folks,

Which is your best radio station out of these two radio stations, 96.9 COOL FM OR RHYTHM 93.7 FM and why is it your best?

Well, mine is cool fm because they gat the latest songs and wonderful and funny presenters like the big dog, dan foster and freeze and they got nice programmes like the Rick dees weekly top 40 every saturday and sunday.

You also can get to listen to them online if you have a fast internet connection too. www.coolfm.us

Which is your best?
Re: 96.9 Cool FM Or Rhythm 93.7 FM: Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 2:25am On Feb 17, 2006
Cool FM rocks
Re: 96.9 Cool FM Or Rhythm 93.7 FM: Which Is The Best? by bisijnr(m): 10:35am On Feb 17, 2006
cool fm: they have the greatest presenters and theyplay good music too. sorry for going out of scope but i think ray power is also great in fact they come before ryhthm because they play a lot of nigerian musicals
Re: 96.9 Cool FM Or Rhythm 93.7 FM: Which Is The Best? by PaddyPat1(m): 1:39pm On Feb 20, 2006
It is not just a matter of which of the two is the best, it all depends on the angle you are looking at it. But with things put together, I believe Rhythm 93.7FM because they are more inclined to their audience and not one big dog speaking tunes they are not understood by the audience. Take out Dan Foster from Cool FM, what you have is nothing. The presenters there tend to be immitating Dan Foster, they don't have originality as you could find at Rhythm.
Re: 96.9 Cool FM Or Rhythm 93.7 FM: Which Is The Best? by Zino(f): 6:04pm On Feb 20, 2006
I like this topic for two reasons.
Re: 96.9 Cool FM Or Rhythm 93.7 FM: Which Is The Best? by dm(m): 6:34pm On Feb 20, 2006
Hmmmm,
I like this thread, Cool Fm's cool but i think i like Rhythm better (not because i work for them) but because i think u can actually really relate with the system of their broadcasting, not forgetting that it's owned by the biggest entertainment outfit in West Africa (silverbird).
Re: 96.9 Cool FM Or Rhythm 93.7 FM: Which Is The Best? by gbenga9ja(m): 2:26pm On Feb 23, 2006
It is not just a matter of which of the two is the best, it all depends on the angle you are looking at it. But with things put together, I believe Rhythm 93.7FM because they are more inclined to their audience and not one big dog speaking tunes they are not understood by the audience. Take out Dan Foster from Cool FM, what you have is nothing. The presenters there tend to be immitating Dan Foster, they don't have originality as you could find at Rhythm.

look paddy-pat, you are very wrong up there, even if you take out dan foster from cool fm, they still have olisa, freeze and so many other cool presenters who make cool fm very much thicker than rhtyhm.
Re: 96.9 Cool FM Or Rhythm 93.7 FM: Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Feb 23, 2006
Zino:

I like this topic for two reasons.
1.I'v got the biggest passion for radio.
2.I used to be on Lagos air waves myself (Brila fm).
I think the best radio station right now would be Cool fm, 'because they've got this Audience - presenter relationship you can't find on any other radio station in Nigeria. They're not doing too bad in Abuja here even. Right now I work at Rhythm Abuja, and i still think Cool fm here is Whooping our Ass! embarassed

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 96.9 Cool FM Or Rhythm 93.7 FM: Which Is The Best? by Zino(f): 10:08am On Feb 25, 2006
I think we can all c that dm is still quite tripped about being let to work on Rhythm, tongue
Re: 96.9 Cool FM Or Rhythm 93.7 FM: Which Is The Best? by dm(m): 9:29pm On Feb 27, 2006
Zino:

I think we can all c that dm is still quite tripped about being let to work on Rhythm.

Meaning
Re: 96.9 Cool FM Or Rhythm 93.7 FM: Which Is The Best? by nikinash(f): 5:49pm On Feb 28, 2006
cool fm is great. i just really love dan foster cheesy
Re: 96.9 Cool FM Or Rhythm 93.7 FM: Which Is The Best? by chiemeka(f): 3:15pm On Mar 03, 2006
I believe that cool fm is cool. but i have a question. there was this queston that was asked during one of the coolfm programmes. i'l be delighted if i can get he answer. why would a man living on the fourth floor of a four storey building throw a pack of butter out of the window
Re: 96.9 Cool FM Or Rhythm 93.7 FM: Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 04, 2006
Re: 96.9 Cool FM Or Rhythm 93.7 FM: Which Is The Best? by regulator(m): 1:15pm On Mar 04, 2006
I think Rhythm is better cos they have the best presenters and i am really loving wild child and JAJ. and i also think it is true if you remove dan from cool fm the rest id nonsense.
Re: 96.9 Cool FM Or Rhythm 93.7 FM: Which Is The Best? by jaden(f): 4:52pm On Mar 04, 2006
clearly, all the people that think dan foster makes coolfm are the ones that look up to the whole yankee thing. Olisa has been there foreva and he's a much more interesting presenter. Coolfm rox with or without dan. freeze, maybe not. i think he's fake but thats jus my personal beef, gbemi is a suck up, but cool rocks despite them. their shows are interactive & they ALWAYS have plenty gist, lol
Re: 96.9 Cool FM Or Rhythm 93.7 FM: Which Is The Best? by jaden(f): 4:58pm On Mar 04, 2006
and zino shouldn't u have more, solidarity, or whateva, for your employers??!
Re: 96.9 Cool FM Or Rhythm 93.7 FM: Which Is The Best? by Zino(f): 6:27am On Mar 08, 2006
J', Baby! Coolfm Lagos got rated last quarter as the No1 radio station. Brila was No3.
Re: 96.9 Cool FM Or Rhythm 93.7 FM: Which Is The Best? by jaden(f): 2:25am On Mar 09, 2006
no3 huh, tough. lol. but then again coolfm wont be the best if y'all can catch up so easily now, would it
Re: 96.9 Cool FM Or Rhythm 93.7 FM: Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Mar 09, 2006
Re: 96.9 Cool FM Or Rhythm 93.7 FM: Which Is The Best? by dominobaby(f): 2:58pm On Mar 18, 2006
Hmm, I love this topic because am a radio freak and these two stations are my best! I have tried severally to know which i love but i found out that i love both stations for different reasons;

RHYTHM 93.7fm: They've got the presenters with the best voices, am talking JAJ, Tope Brown, Momoh Kubanji, Femi Showolu, Nanya. They've also got BAD jingles and i mean BAD cos they give me goose pimples wink. Just that they do not play ALL kinds of music.

96.9 COOL FM : They've also got nice presenters like Ebele, Dan Foster, Dare, Lakeside (Lekan Saheed actually grin). They play ALL sort of music and the few jingles they got too are sleek. Nice programs too.

I actually shuffle btw both stations,.
Re: 96.9 Cool FM Or Rhythm 93.7 FM: Which Is The Best? by Aamy(f): 10:48pm On Mar 19, 2006
believe it or not, Rhythm is off da chain.n u know i thnk dey are more friendly n all.their music is gud, old skool,new skool.lol,current jams jst tune in 2 rhythm n u know u have evrything there, n their nite show wit Sola Thompson is jat too maddddd!!!!!!!!!!!cool fm is gud too n deir staff is great too.but i strongly believe rhythm is better.someone up there said raypower is better abeg stop dt joke oh!l8rz y'all
Re: 96.9 Cool FM Or Rhythm 93.7 FM: Which Is The Best? by Deepop(f): 11:13pm On Mar 29, 2006
Rhythm 93.7 is the bomb grin
Re: 96.9 Cool FM Or Rhythm 93.7 FM: Which Is The Best? by beyunce(f): 7:34pm On Mar 30, 2006
COOL FM.
DA BOMB.
SOHPY EXPECIALLY.
Re: 96.9 Cool FM Or Rhythm 93.7 FM: Which Is The Best? by gentleaura(m): 4:50am On Apr 01, 2006
Well to get that early morning going, starting the day on a bright note, you could never go wrong with COOL FM, I switch between the two during the day but I will still go for cool fm,
Re: 96.9 Cool FM Or Rhythm 93.7 FM: Which Is The Best? by Blaise(f): 3:13pm On Apr 01, 2006
This is really a tough decision because i love listening to both stations but i go for cool fm
Re: 96.9 Cool FM Or Rhythm 93.7 FM: Which Is The Best? by Zino(f): 7:19pm On Apr 02, 2006
Cool it off people. This is realy getting xciting.
Ok. lets compare personalities now. Cool Vs Rhythm. Dan Vs Nanya. Cathy Vs Shola. Lakeside Vs The wild Child. Be objective when you make your comparisms.

While you'r at it, Who knows when the next New radio station's going to hit Lag' or Abuja?

I here CosmoFM's coming all the way from the east and are boasting they'd kick ass when they do!
Rhythm Lagos had an audition we'v not heard anything about since, Brila is busy jugling voices on air, Cool's recruiting an army for God-knows-what.

If you've got any info, LET IT OUT HERE GUYS!
Re: 96.9 Cool FM Or Rhythm 93.7 FM: Which Is The Best? by mide2(f): 12:34am On Apr 24, 2006
just want to keep up with this thread.
Re: 96.9 Cool FM Or Rhythm 93.7 FM: Which Is The Best? by tinky(f): 11:46am On Apr 24, 2006
RHYTHM 93.7 is da BOMB, DA ILLEST, DA BADDEST OF DA BADDEST BAD, IT'S OFF DA HOOK. Friendly presenters, nice programmes, d maddest jamz. Cant be compared wit any other.
Re: 96.9 Cool FM Or Rhythm 93.7 FM: Which Is The Best? by zerocool(m): 1:56pm On May 08, 2006
Hey Guys, Just browsed thru your threads about this whole fuss about which station is DA BoMb, As for me, I will definitely go for 96.9 Cool Fm.I have been an ardent listener since when they started in 1998, and I can categorically say they have NO RIVALS. Cos they are just the best. You can't just compare them with Rhythm. They have got the best presenter in the country in the name of Dan Foster, who is taking the award for the second year runnin and I'm sure he is going to be given the award again this year 2006, cos he is just exceptional and phenomenal.

Cool Vs Rhythm. Dan Vs Nanya. Cathy Vs Shola. Lakeside Vs The wild Child.

Rhythm just got some noise making jingles/tactics and no creativity in their programs and way of presenting. They over-hype their DJ's as if they are the world best. If you wanna listen to some mixes by DJ on radio, JUST tune in to Cool Fm on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays by 10pm till Dawn. They have got the best DJ locked down there by the name of Manny, he doesn't talk much and play his jingles cos scratching the turntables is with the music u play.

For me, I am yet to see any presenter on radio like Cathy, she is gifted and have a very sexy voice. And added advantage to her, cos she knows more than two languages and the type of music she plays is , Georgeous.

LYDIA is just another presenter there who is making waves with her listeners. There are just no words I can use to describe her. You just have to listen to her to know for yourself.

About Cool Fm abuja, I also have no comparison.

Stay COoL gUys,
Re: 96.9 Cool FM Or Rhythm 93.7 FM: Which Is The Best? by luvdozy: 1:21pm On May 20, 2006
hey guys,whadup?take it or leave it COOL FM IS BETTER THAN RHYTHM! i think the question should be reconstructed to "which radio station is da best?". And i know rhythm fm AINT BETTER THAN COSMO FM in the EAst.Cosmo Fm (an A Class radio station) is a purely music station that operates 24/7 NON STOP,they cover 13 states of the fedration,they've got the best presnters like Ogus Baba,Spaceman,Jedi,Juanita and Ralph;they've got the hottest in house and program jingles in nigeria,they slam songs before any radio station in nigeria,heavy DJs like Grandfingaz,FX2 etc and they also give ringtones,games,sms services like celebrity gossips,chatupline,horoscope reading,love and fashion tips etc.this topic should be changed as is said.COOL fM is better.
Re: 96.9 Cool FM Or Rhythm 93.7 FM: Which Is The Best? by sirtee1(m): 6:04pm On May 24, 2006
Rhythm 93.7fm is da best in lagos but Abuja na cool fm de rock.
Re: 96.9 Cool FM Or Rhythm 93.7 FM: Which Is The Best? by stepitup(f): 10:03pm On Jun 07, 2006
y'all y'all wat!!!!! shocked
jeez man. shocked i don't think there's really any competition. i heard s'thing bout Abuja never been there. bt I've been in Lag and jeez 93.7 is jst poppin way over y'allĀ  course we have the classy n non classy. wink the classy will def stick wit 93.7. lets be real y'all. take Dan out n cool FM is gonna be way off track. cool wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019 Boomplay Music Facts, Top Artistes, Songs And Albums / The Nigerian Music Industry Is Heavily Funded By Yahoo Boys- Iamsynord / MOBO Award 2017: Full List Of Winners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.