Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,490 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

Transmission Oil And Engine Oil - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Transmission Oil And Engine Oil (10102 Views)

Production Of Castrol Automotive Engine Oil Commences In Nigeria / What Is The Best Transmission And Engine Oil For Grand Cherokee Jeep 2005 Model / What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Transmission Oil And Engine Oil by kollysnut(m): 12:05am On Dec 24, 2015
I just Got a toyota corolla sport 05...

I need to knw which good engine oil and transmission oil to buy.

Gurus in the house, over to u..
Re: Transmission Oil And Engine Oil by honmusa(m): 7:15am On Dec 24, 2015
kollysnut:
I just Got a toyota corolla sport 05...

I need to knw which good engine oil and transmission oil to buy.

Gurus in the house, over to u..

AS depicted below ,the manufacturer recommended grade of engine oil for your car is 5w30 with capacity of 4.2 litres and Toyota type T-IV for atf with capacity of 3 litre .
I will recommend Lubex fully synthetic 5w30 engine oil .
U can contact autologic @08061166316 to place order for Lubex oil 5w30 and toyota type T-Iv ATF

2 Likes

Re: Transmission Oil And Engine Oil by femicousim: 7:38am On Dec 24, 2015
2005 toyota corolla L4 - 1.8L (1ZZ-FE/2ZZ-GE)

engine oil: fluid type specification

viscosity: SAE 5W -30

capacity (with filter) 4.2 - 4.4L

without filter 4.0 - 4.2L

Automatic transmission fluid

fluid type: toyota genuine ATF type T-IV

(T-IV is the same as dexron III)

capacity: drain & fill 3.0L
Re: Transmission Oil And Engine Oil by honmusa(m): 7:42am On Dec 24, 2015
femicousim:
2005 toyota corolla L4 - 1.8L (1ZZ-FE/2ZZ-GE)

engine oil: fluid type specification

viscosity: SAE 5W -30

capacity (with filter) 4.2 - 4.4L

without filter 4.0 - 4.2L

Automatic transmission fluid

fluid type: toyota genuine ATF type T-IV

(T-IV is the same as dexron III)

capacity: drain & fill 3.0L

wrong ,toyota T-IV is not the same with Dextron III

3 Likes

Re: Transmission Oil And Engine Oil by oieda: 8:08am On Dec 24, 2015
honmusa:
wrong ,toyota T-IV is not the same with Dextron III
Read your car manual. Or Google it's soft copy.
Re: Transmission Oil And Engine Oil by honmusa(m): 8:15am On Dec 24, 2015
oieda:

Read your car manual. Or Google it's soft copy.

Re: Transmission Oil And Engine Oil by kollysnut(m): 11:54am On Dec 24, 2015
Thanks for the response, I saw the manufacture spec on the cap cover, but those oil r expensive. I knw my self, I can't continue using it,

Am looking @ this mobil , total, forte oil..

Those oil sold @ 2800 to 3000naira. I fink I can afford that without shaking.

Which is the best.. pls let forget manufacture oil spec.. this is naija abeg..

Thanks...

1 Like

Re: Transmission Oil And Engine Oil by honmusa(m): 11:41am On Dec 25, 2015
kollysnut:
Thanks for the response, I saw the manufacture spec on the cap cover, but those oil r expensive. I knw my self, I can't continue using it,

Thanks...
so u actually see the manufacturer spec and u still prefer to use the non specified oil because u feels the specified oil is expensive.
After the cheap oil has done it eventual damage to the engine ,seems it will more easier and cheaper for u to change engine than using using the correct oil.
kazeems can not wait to drain your pocket finish ,na naija we dey na .
u can as well use palm oil as engine oil .na naija thing

2 Likes

Re: Transmission Oil And Engine Oil by kollysnut(m): 12:47pm On Dec 25, 2015
I knw boss, na ma pocket am looking @...was told that total oil is very good,

6500 every 2months / 1500 to 2000miles...

Mehn,... pls who in the house is using total oil pls.

Advice still needed...
Re: Transmission Oil And Engine Oil by mayor2013: 8:54am On Dec 26, 2015
Lets do simple mathematics here. Your forte oil which is 20w50 (viscosity). I recommend 3000 miles or 1month while 5w30 (synthetic) I recommend 6000 miles or 6 months which ever comes first. Now if you use forte oil which 3k5 or so for very month plus a good original oil filter ehich is in region of 2k I.e 3500+2000= 5500 if you do that every month for 6 months is equi to 33000 which do you think is more economical. As for synthetic (5w30) you service 6000 miles or 6months which ever comes first I, e 8000+2000 = 10, 000. No service charge included in both

3 Likes

Re: Transmission Oil And Engine Oil by kollysnut(m): 10:02am On Dec 26, 2015
I can only drive the car on weekends, cos of the nature of ma job,

I can't be changing oil every month,....

Thanks anyway, got a call from a mechanic n he told me a good oil to use.

I appreciate ur all responses.

Thank you u.
Re: Transmission Oil And Engine Oil by kollysnut(m): 10:02am On Dec 26, 2015

Thank you
Re: Transmission Oil And Engine Oil by mayor2013: 10:20am On Dec 26, 2015
kollysnut:

Thank you

Oh you fink its about usage. grin if its about that you can keep your car for the next 2 yrs without servicing. Read about oxidation of engine oil
Re: Transmission Oil And Engine Oil by oieda: 12:47pm On Dec 26, 2015
kollysnut:

Thanks...

Do you think the manufacturer didn't know what he was doing? Do you know the problems your engine will have if you use a substandard oil. Your engine will never be the same again. You think your pocket is small? Okay. Better go an buy total.

An analog for you.
A poor man says he can't afford to buy a carton of indomie for say 2,000. That he will buy it one by one in which a carton will sum up to 2,200.
A 'rich' man will buy the carton. Tell me who spent more poor or 'rich'.
Bros be wise.

1 Like

Re: Transmission Oil And Engine Oil by nakoks(m): 10:09am On Dec 27, 2015
kollysnut:

Thank you

From all your comments I can see that you are ignorant and your so called mechanic is not much different from you.In the end you will replace that engine or gear or both.You think 5w30 is expensive but you have over 1m to buy a 2005 corolla

2 Likes

Re: Transmission Oil And Engine Oil by mayor2013: 10:14am On Dec 27, 2015
nakoks:

OP sorry to say but you are a didinri! From all your comments I can see that you are ignorant and your so called mechanic is not much different from you.In the end you will replace that engine or gear or both.You think 5w30 is expensive but you have over 1m to buy a 2005 corolla.Educated illiterates running around the streets of Nigeria.sad

shocked
Re: Transmission Oil And Engine Oil by nurey(m): 1:06pm On Dec 27, 2015
op my saying goes thus, "A bird in hand, is worth 10 in the bush"

Don't be penny wise, pound foolish.

Let me explain what will happen to that engine, though if you lucky, it may take a while and if you unlucky symptoms will maifest immediately, High viscous engine oil will damage your engine components because it is too thick in the end engine will smoke, kazeem will receive funds from you to ring it, in the end you would have spent more than you bargained for and then you will come to nairaland for help and the almighty gurus will start quoting price of tokunbo engine and with workmanship and all, you will save 3000k or there about and loose close to 200k in repairs.

MRS sells their full synthetic 5W40 for 6500 which I use on my 2000 toyota sienna for 8000km or 6months which ever comes first
Re: Transmission Oil And Engine Oil by kollysnut(m): 7:31pm On Dec 27, 2015
I didn't ask for insults, just advice. Thanks. Gotten a berra oil.

1 Like

Re: Transmission Oil And Engine Oil by d33types: 7:51pm On Dec 27, 2015
Nobody is insulting you..in this case you are adamant to learn..
Sift through the stories on car talk and learn bro..you are penny wise pound foolish..

I am pretty sure you've removed your thermostat as well, as recommended by your mechanic

1 Like

Re: Transmission Oil And Engine Oil by senator2k9(m): 2:55am On Dec 28, 2015
I don't think he bought that car himself. If not how can u buy a car of 1.4 million and cant afford oil of 7k? Bros just tell us who dash u dat car or beta still sell dat car n buy golf 3

1 Like

Re: Transmission Oil And Engine Oil by kollysnut(m): 9:44am On Dec 28, 2015
Lol... Nairaland sha. Lol.
Re: Transmission Oil And Engine Oil by baaliyah(m): 1:07am On Mar 14, 2016
..... and the car is for sale just after three months.
Re: Transmission Oil And Engine Oil by kingreign(m): 7:43am On Mar 14, 2016
baaliyah:
I wan buy am with 20,000 only
cheesy
Re: Transmission Oil And Engine Oil by spicytayomic(m): 9:47am On Mar 14, 2016
baaliyah:
shocked
Re: Transmission Oil And Engine Oil by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 07, 2016
mayor2013:
Lets do simple mathematics here. Your forte oil which is 20w50 (viscosity). I recommend 3000 miles or 1month while 5w30 (synthetic) I recommend 6000 miles or 6 months which ever comes first. Now if you use forte oil which 3k5 or so for very month plus a good original oil filter ehich is in region of 2k I.e 3500+2000= 5500 if you do that every month for 6 months is equi to 33000 which do you think is more economical. As for synthetic (5w30) you service 6000 miles or 6months which ever comes first I, e 8000+2000 = 10, 000. No service charge included in both

Its quite unreasonable to change engine oil every month such thinking are marketers and manufacturers induced phobia to consumers.
Cuba was under trade ban for over half a century, one sees benz,humber and other cars and truck hitting 50 years, their engines are not serviced by API this, or SAE that.
kazeem are everywhere in Cuba, but their cars and trucks keep clocking 50years.
For over 10years i have been using SAE20w-50, sometimes full drain SAE40. the car is Toyota Corrolla Hatch back, toyota family E90.
Broseeee! nothin megaa, One will not out of fear fall from a tree, because of monkey.
Re: Transmission Oil And Engine Oil by honmusa(m): 1:06pm On Sep 07, 2016
indigene:

Its quite unreasonable to change engine oil every month such thinking are marketers and manufacturers induced phobia to consumers.
Cuba was under trade ban for over half a century, one sees benz,humber and other cars and truck hitting 50 years, their engines are not serviced by API this, or SAE that.
kazeem are everywhere in Cuba, but their cars and trucks keep clocking 50years.
For over 10years i have been using SAE20w-50, sometimes full drain SAE40. the car is Toyota Corrolla Hatch back, toyota family E90.
Broseeee! nothin megaa, One will not out of fear fall from a tree, because of monkey.
If you can make it to my office ,I can offer your a free compression test on your engine to show you the extent of damage wrong oil (20w50) has done on your engine .OYinbo that spend millions of dollars on R&d to come up for 5w30 for recommendation for modern days cars knows what they are doing .

1 Like

Re: Transmission Oil And Engine Oil by Nobody: 4:42pm On Sep 07, 2016
honmusa:

If you can make it to my office ,I can offer your a free compression test on your engine to show you the extent of damage wrong oil (20w50) has done on your engine .OYinbo that spend millions of dollars on R&d to come up for 5w30 for recommendation for modern days cars knows what they are doing .

I stream from Abuja to Port Harcourt and back once a month for 6years , the only property i owned that may outlive me are a land and house
There are things, research and development, that aint taught in Havard school of engineering.
Re: Transmission Oil And Engine Oil by honmusa(m): 7:52pm On Sep 07, 2016
indigene:

I stream from Abuja to Port Harcourt and back once a month for 6years , the only property i owned that may outlive me are a land and house
There are things, research and development, that aint taught in Havard school of engineering.
I weep for future of Nigeria!!!!

1 Like

Re: Transmission Oil And Engine Oil by honmusa(m): 7:53pm On Sep 07, 2016
indigene:

I weep for future of Nigeria!!!!
Re: Transmission Oil And Engine Oil by honmusa(m): 7:54pm On Sep 07, 2016
indigene:

I weep for future of Nigeria !!!! no hope for science and technology advancement at all!!!
Re: Transmission Oil And Engine Oil by kingreign(m): 8:33pm On Sep 07, 2016
honmusa:

I weep for future of Nigeria !!!! no hope for science and technology advancement at all!!!

He that doesn't know and doesn't know that he doesn't know is a fool, shun him.
Arabian Proverbs (Culled from Jonas Maxwell)

There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death
Proverbs 14:12
Re: Transmission Oil And Engine Oil by Nobody: 12:02am On Sep 08, 2016
kingreign:

He that doesn't know and doesn't know that he doesn't know is a fool, shun him.
Arabian Proverbs (Culled from Jonas Maxwell)

There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death
Proverbs 14:12
I may not arrive at who or whom that was referred to here.
As a man of the world, there are things I learnt from the streets everyday. I don't follow books. As a director, I demand solutions, not theory. I don't depend upon America R&grin.
There exist military engineering that propels troops to build a 50 to 100 Metre bridge overnight
Cyrus troops diverted the water of Babylon overnight while Babylon was celebrating. In art of war. There is a saying "Know yourself, Know your enemies, in all battles, you shall win.
Do one need to arrive at outright decision that 20W-50 motor grade oil is bad for cars of all sorts.
Let's examine this fact sheet from USA Mobil Corp

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saudi Arabia Allows First Women’s Driving Licenses, / Is It Illegal To Fit Extra Lights On Cars / Speed Limiter: FRSC Impounds 20 Vehicles In Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.