Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,235 members, 7,953,885 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:18 AM

Five Books You Must Have Read As A Nigerian - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Five Books You Must Have Read As A Nigerian (56263 Views)

Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old / List Best Military Organized Crime Inclined Story You Have Read On Nairaland / 10 Books You Should Read In Your 20’s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Books You Must Have Read As A Nigerian by tpiar: 1:10pm On Dec 25, 2015
Does Chukwuemeka Ike speak some Yoruba though?

Toads for Supper is the English translation of a Yoruba proverb and btw has anyone read the sequel.

Now, having said that, opolo is frog, not toad. This debate has been discussed elsewhere.
Re: Five Books You Must Have Read As A Nigerian by 2mNaira: 8:10pm On Dec 25, 2015
Truckpusher:
Where is the concubine by Elechi Amadi
The lion and the jewel by Wole Soyinka
This book written by Cyprian Ekwensi? I've forgotten the title sha.
drummer boy
Re: Five Books You Must Have Read As A Nigerian by 2mNaira: 8:48pm On Dec 25, 2015
sketcherJ:
i have d eBook before but lost it..don't worry I am still sourcing for it..when I have it, I will share u d Link

Pls share wt me too.Thanks.
Re: Five Books You Must Have Read As A Nigerian by dacovajnr: 8:13am On Dec 26, 2015
Koku baboni
Ralia the sugar girl
Alawiye
The only Child
Eze goes to school grin
Re: Five Books You Must Have Read As A Nigerian by angiography(m): 11:20am On Dec 26, 2015
Ghost01:
Ola Rotimi is the author of "Our Husband Has Gone Mad Again", not Wole Soyinka.
oh..yea...
and also, 'The gods are not to blame'

1 Like

Re: Five Books You Must Have Read As A Nigerian by olahandsome(m): 11:20pm On Dec 26, 2015
Ralia, the sugar girl, Chike and the river, purple hibicus, born without a silver spoon, The Gods are not to blame, anthill in the savanna,
Re: Five Books You Must Have Read As A Nigerian by Adeayo7(m): 8:21am On Dec 27, 2015
Read all of them..
Re: Five Books You Must Have Read As A Nigerian by Horlartunji21(f): 2:01pm On Dec 29, 2015
Lion and the jewel....by wole soyinka. Efuru by flora Nwapa. Our husband has gone mad again.
Re: Five Books You Must Have Read As A Nigerian by tpiar: 4:32pm On Dec 29, 2015
Adeayo7:
Read all of them..

Lolz
Re: Five Books You Must Have Read As A Nigerian by bobby5o5(m): 11:13am On Jan 13, 2016
Wow chike and the river things fall apart without a silver spoon shetima the slave boy one week one trouble rising Star arrow of the gods concubine there was a country man of all seasons joy of motherhood purple hibiscus rainmaker and other stories ibe the cannon boy eze goes to school
Re: Five Books You Must Have Read As A Nigerian by EmmahO(m): 6:16pm On Feb 20, 2016
fortune1968:
illiterate .
How u take know?
Re: Five Books You Must Have Read As A Nigerian by EmmahO(m): 6:17pm On Feb 20, 2016
RVBC:
are you 12
No am 5 tongue
RVBC:
are you 12
No am 5
Re: Five Books You Must Have Read As A Nigerian by Emperormartin(m): 8:55pm On Dec 31, 2016
Truckpusher:
burning grass
Re: Five Books You Must Have Read As A Nigerian by maggilove(f): 10:42pm On Jan 02, 2017
Truckpusher:

The Drummer Boy

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Strange Love (18+) / Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah / How I Lost A 150k Per Month Job because of a Cockroach !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.