Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,157 members, 7,829,123 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

What Is The Main Difference Between Cold And Harmattan? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Is The Main Difference Between Cold And Harmattan? (2960 Views)

Top Three Ways To Get Rid Of Cold And Headache / What Is The Difference Between The Exclusive And Concurrent List / How To Treat Common Cold And Catarrh With Simple Things U Can Find In Your House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Main Difference Between Cold And Harmattan? by BeazyBee(m): 2:00pm On Dec 24, 2015
During the raining season, we discover that the weather is always very cold, so as during the dry season (Aug - Dec) there is always a serious change in the weather, which we call harmattan. But I discover that this two different season are not so much different because it is always cold. What are the features that makes the harmattan different from the cold during raining season?
Re: What Is The Main Difference Between Cold And Harmattan? by tayour917i(m): 2:05pm On Dec 24, 2015
Cold: drink tea, hot pap
Haramttan: ogogoro, Jedi abbl
Re: What Is The Main Difference Between Cold And Harmattan? by feran15(m): 2:14pm On Dec 24, 2015
harmattan brings dust and almost no rain.
rainy season brings rain and no dust
Re: What Is The Main Difference Between Cold And Harmattan? by Princemilla: 2:21pm On Dec 24, 2015
Free movement of DUST makes the difference. Nothing more embarassed
Re: What Is The Main Difference Between Cold And Harmattan? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 24, 2015
harmattan dey paint person body white
Re: What Is The Main Difference Between Cold And Harmattan? by Princemilla: 2:24pm On Dec 24, 2015
EroticAngelina:
harmattan dey paint person body white

Are you saying harmattan is a body painter shocked embarassed
Re: What Is The Main Difference Between Cold And Harmattan? by PaulJohn1: 2:30pm On Dec 24, 2015
I don't think Nigeria (excluding Jos) experience cold at any time.

The rainy season is never cold but the humidity is usually high. Temperature in rainy season is usually about 27-30 degress.
During the 'harmattan', it is also not cold because the temperature is never below 20 degress. The very windy and dry(very low humidity) makes you think it's cold.

It gets really COLD when the humidity is very high, windy(about 40Km/h) and temperature is not above 7 degrees. This you can't get anywhere in Nigeria.

My friend in Jos complains of too much cold and when I check the temperature there, it's usually just about 22 degrees. shocked
Re: What Is The Main Difference Between Cold And Harmattan? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 24, 2015
Dust! Is the difference
Re: What Is The Main Difference Between Cold And Harmattan? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Dec 24, 2015
Princemilla:

Are you saying harmattan is a body painter shocked embarassed
yea
Re: What Is The Main Difference Between Cold And Harmattan? by Kingsasian(m): 2:48pm On Dec 24, 2015
Rainy season- high humidity, high temperature during the day
Harmattan- low humidity, dry air and dusty, very low temperature at night and fair temperature during the day with winds.
Re: What Is The Main Difference Between Cold And Harmattan? by Princemilla: 2:50pm On Dec 24, 2015
EroticAngelina:

yea

You are funny! Or let's simply say, it's the best make up artist
Re: What Is The Main Difference Between Cold And Harmattan? by tpiar: 7:40pm On Dec 24, 2015
Harmattan cold is a wind blowing from the north (sahara) while rainy season cold is from south winds blowing from the sea.

I think thats the general explanation.

(1) (Reply)

S/African High School Student Proudly Flaunts Her Bare Chest On Social Media / The Biggest Online Discussion Forum In Ghana Goes Live.check it out / Hotel Cleaner Who Stole Sperm From A Used Condom Won Child Support Battle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.