Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,645 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

We The Efiks Are Not Ibos - Delight Archibong - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / We The Efiks Are Not Ibos - Delight Archibong (2787 Views)

Do Ibos/igbos Still Practice Polygamy? / Ibos Are Not Lying, Yorubas Have A Morbid Fear Of Hausa/fulani. Read This My Br / Why Don't The Ibos Have Renowned Kings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We The Efiks Are Not Ibos - Delight Archibong by james078: 11:28pm On Dec 24, 2015
This article is to set the records straight about the tagging of all southerners as igbos.

In detail I am asking the yorubas and hausas to not be so disappointed when they read ahead cause the information in this article and the topic may not seem to correlate.

For the time being I am welcoming any disatisfaction and doubts on the credibility of the information therein cause everyone has a fundamental human and spirit rights with entitlement to their personal opinions.
This was an article I got from someone so I decided to share it here..
Please dont ask me any question in the comments box cause I may not have answers to them
THE EFIKS ARE NOT IGBOS
" The divide and rule tactics that is used against the old Biafran terittories is very alarming and scary, they have applied what I call critty-cracker techniques, although I won't blame them (the northerners and south west) I blame my brothers who just can't see through it they just can't see through the veil.
When the northerners and the igbos clashed in kano in 1953 we the efiks recorded casualties, we lost twenty lives and just two people from annang lost the breath of life and the rest of the 478 were igbos. And the casualties that was counted they also identified us as igbos not even annang or efik.
What does that tell you?
When they want to attack you they attack anyone from south east and the south and call them "igbos" but when they have ulterior motives and wants to cause confusion among the people of the old eastern regions they disect and tag them accordingly south-south, south west, south east.
Now where in the world would you see a south-south margin or geopolitical zone? why haven't I seen a west-west, north-north, east-east etc.
South westerners I hail them they are very wonderful, I will applaud their leaders for a job well done.
A new uprising has been instigated by the new group called ipob I won't speak much on this cause so many groups may even emerge in the future this isn't a one man fight.
IPOB GROUP's method of operations.
As much as I don't like the modus operandi of the Nnamdi kanu led Ipob group its just unfortunate that i am unable to drown the support for the restoration of Biafra in the lagoon (excerpt from Oba akiolu of lagos state) because I know this stuggle is greater than Nnamdi kanu and massob's uwazuruike to be sincere it's not only Nnamdi kanu that was called to perfect the restoration of Biafra. I know of one man who I met while in I.T and had the same vision and he was from ugep, calabar.
Many were called few were chosen.
Now from one of the history books I read while in school (was it states of the African continent?) I recall that in 1858 the presbytery church that was built by the Scots missionaries was called the presbytery of Biafra in 1921 before it was changed to Presbyterian church of eastern Nigeria in 1952.
Why are we still called "igbos"
The core igbos still call the Efiks, Annangs Ibibios etc "igbos" they may have a valid reason for that but I'm not sure even my son would like to be identified as igbo, igbo is a language and efik is a language and I don't see any reason why we the efiks should be called igbos.
I do know that we migrated from Arochukwu, that has being the major reason why they still refer to us as igbos.
Merx Tucker once said that when some ethnic groups migrate to a different environment they tend to generate new culture, language and traditions. Even the igbos changed their language when they moved up north, the idomas, urrhobo etc.
The igbos should quit calling the Efiks as igbos it builds a rage in the heart of my people.
We do accept the fact that we were once part of Biafra and may still be if they don't stop doing what the northerners/south west did which the ipob group are preaching against..
Now if I was privileged to talk with one of the leaders in the Ipob group I would ask them to reduce the effort they are using to convince the so called South South people and channel it to lure their enemies to themselves and make the struggle be very known to the world..
Infact I would suggest NnamdI Kanu to get to his enemies and if he is arrested the agitation would gain more popularity.
He should create many enemies for himself not the struggle.
The higher the number of enemies the higher his chances of succeeding in his quest.
I won't forget Macallese of ireland that said "I have a lot of enemies but I don't mind adding another one"
Enemies are like precious stones cause they keep you alert and on your feet.
-Voltaire.
Like my late friend from Abua would say " If you remove fish from the River so goes the brain of the kalabari, if you take away the lands so goes the brain of the ikwerres.
This guys don't stand a chance for economic competition."
According to Delight Archibong
Former Obong Tak Youth chairman

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We The Efiks Are Not Ibos - Delight Archibong by Vision4God: 11:32pm On Dec 24, 2015
Really a long epistle.
But from topic, I would say ok, we've heard
Re: We The Efiks Are Not Ibos - Delight Archibong by Duru1(m): 11:35pm On Dec 24, 2015
Every dirty pig seems to enjoy Sun's delight. No mad person in Igbo land would call Efik an Igbo. The Efik of Bakassi Peninsula have been ceded to Cameroon by Yari.ba, Awusa, Fula and Kanuri yet jaundiced characters kept mute.

5 Likes

Re: We The Efiks Are Not Ibos - Delight Archibong by poshestmina(f): 11:40pm On Dec 24, 2015
grin grin grin angry angry..They are coming for you
Re: We The Efiks Are Not Ibos - Delight Archibong by Nobody: 11:40pm On Dec 24, 2015
Thank GOD...who cares about Efik they can fvvck off,

2 Likes

Re: We The Efiks Are Not Ibos - Delight Archibong by igwe123: 11:43pm On Dec 24, 2015
who called Efik Igbos??

7 Likes

Re: We The Efiks Are Not Ibos - Delight Archibong by yanabasee(m): 11:47pm On Dec 24, 2015
And Akwa-Ibomites aren't Calabars..... Yorubas/hausas should also take notice of this misconception as well....

3 Likes

Re: We The Efiks Are Not Ibos - Delight Archibong by Emekamex(m): 11:49pm On Dec 24, 2015
Who talk say una be Igbo before? Yeye dey smell

1 Like

Re: We The Efiks Are Not Ibos - Delight Archibong by Nuells: 12:27am On Dec 25, 2015
Who's the one kwa??
Oh chim! Fulani herdsmen will still narrate epistles to us and at the end, crown it up with "We are not lgbos"
Re: We The Efiks Are Not Ibos - Delight Archibong by wiseone28: 12:29am On Dec 25, 2015
smileyop i hope you're are with your curse shield on

1 Like

Re: We The Efiks Are Not Ibos - Delight Archibong by wiseone28: 12:29am On Dec 25, 2015
smiley op thanks those wey get ears will hear and those wey get eyes will see

1 Like

Re: We The Efiks Are Not Ibos - Delight Archibong by opiaoku: 12:47am On Dec 25, 2015
hia hia who called them igbos before ?

efiks are forking efiks while igbos are forking igbos

sons of the dark west looking for how to recite their demi god creed (ibos cheesy ) because they knew the implications of staying mute cheesy

but wait there's something special about igbos may be guts and balls other tribes lack cheesy

2 Likes

Re: We The Efiks Are Not Ibos - Delight Archibong by Vulu: 1:16am On Dec 25, 2015
THE OP IS ON POINT BUT EFIK IS BIAFRA AS CONFIRMED BY THE 1921 DOCUMENT OF THE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH OF CALABAR.

PEOPLE, PLEASE READ THE WHOLE ARTICLE BEFORE POSTING.
Re: We The Efiks Are Not Ibos - Delight Archibong by hushuptimus: 2:49am On Dec 25, 2015
The Efik are more Biafran than the ibos

1 Like

Re: We The Efiks Are Not Ibos - Delight Archibong by hushuptimus: 2:50am On Dec 25, 2015
The divide and rule tactics no longer works for the enemy....they should try something else

1 Like

Re: We The Efiks Are Not Ibos - Delight Archibong by Nobody: 7:10am On Dec 25, 2015
"The core Igbos still call the Efiks, Annangs, Ibibios etc Igbos..."

This lie is getting annoying.

5 Likes

Re: We The Efiks Are Not Ibos - Delight Archibong by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 25, 2015
R2bees:
Thank GOD...who cares about Efik they can fvvck off,
Yet in another thread u will say efik, igala, anoma, ikwere, benin, ijaw, itsekiri, Agbor , Annangs, Ibibios e.t.c are igbo....i think ibos doesnt knw themselves bcus den they look 4 large territories out of selfishness.
Re: We The Efiks Are Not Ibos - Delight Archibong by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 25, 2015
chowlade:

Yet in another thread u will say efik, igala, anoma, ikwere, benin, ijaw, itsekiri, Agbor , Annangs, Ibibios e.t.c are igbo....i think ibos doesnt knw themselves bcus den they look 4 large territories out of selfishness.
i think the reason why they say those tribes are igbo is simply because most of them fought besides the igbos during the civil war, not that the igbos are dragging them to their map so if they feel they are not part of us, dy cn F off
Re: We The Efiks Are Not Ibos - Delight Archibong by bigfrancis21: 8:42pm On Dec 25, 2015
Where is this coming from? Which Igbo person ever calls Efiks Igbos? Why do people just make up stuff to spite Igbos? undecided

5 Likes

Re: We The Efiks Are Not Ibos - Delight Archibong by FisifunKododada: 7:34am On Dec 26, 2015
cool What is this nonsense? When did anybody call Efiks Ibos? Abeg swerve joor - go and sleep.

1 Like

Re: We The Efiks Are Not Ibos - Delight Archibong by Efikson1(m): 7:46am On Dec 29, 2016
R2bees:
i think the reason why they say those tribes are igbo is simply because most of them fought besides the igbos during the civil war, not that the igbos are dragging them to their map so if they feel they are not part of us, dy cn F off
R2bees:
R2bees:
we fought along side Igbos because we are all BIAFRANS

1 Like

Re: We The Efiks Are Not Ibos - Delight Archibong by Efikson1(m): 7:13pm On Jan 14, 2017
james078:
This article is to set the records straight about the tagging of all southerners as igbos.

In detail I am asking the yorubas and hausas to not be so disappointed when they read ahead cause the information in this article and the topic may not seem to correlate.

For the time being I am welcoming any disatisfaction and doubts on the credibility of the information therein cause everyone has a fundamental human and spirit rights with entitlement to their personal opinions.
This was an article I got from someone so I decided to share it here..
Please dont ask me any question in the comments box cause I may not have answers to them
THE EFIKS ARE NOT IGBOS
" The divide and rule tactics that is used against the old Biafran terittories is very alarming and scary, they have applied what I call critty-cracker techniques, although I won't blame them (the northerners and south west) I blame my brothers who just can't see through it they just can't see through the veil.
When the northerners and the igbos clashed in kano in 1953 we the efiks recorded casualties, we lost twenty lives and just two people from annang lost the breath of life and the rest of the 478 were igbos. And the casualties that was counted they also identified us as igbos not even annang or efik.
What does that tell you?
When they want to attack you they attack anyone from south east and the south and call them "igbos" but when they have ulterior motives and wants to cause confusion among the people of the old eastern regions they disect and tag them accordingly south-south, south west, south east.
Now where in the world would you see a south-south margin or geopolitical zone? why haven't I seen a west-west, north-north, east-east etc.
South westerners I hail them they are very wonderful, I will applaud their leaders for a job well done.
A new uprising has been instigated by the new group called ipob I won't speak much on this cause so many groups may even emerge in the future this isn't a one man fight.
IPOB GROUP's method of operations.
As much as I don't like the modus operandi of the Nnamdi kanu led Ipob group its just unfortunate that i am unable to drown the support for the restoration of Biafra in the lagoon (excerpt from Oba akiolu of lagos state) because I know this stuggle is greater than Nnamdi kanu and massob's uwazuruike to be sincere it's not only Nnamdi kanu that was called to perfect the restoration of Biafra. I know of one man who I met while in I.T and had the same vision and he was from ugep, calabar.
Many were called few were chosen.
Now from one of the history books I read while in school (was it states of the African continent?) I recall that in 1858 the presbytery church that was built by the Scots missionaries was called the presbytery of Biafra in 1921 before it was changed to Presbyterian church of eastern Nigeria in 1952.
Why are we still called "igbos"
The core igbos still call the Efiks, Annangs Ibibios etc "igbos" they may have a valid reason for that but I'm not sure even my son would like to be identified as igbo, igbo is a language and efik is a language and I don't see any reason why we the efiks should be called igbos.
I do know that we migrated from Arochukwu, that has being the major reason why they still refer to us as igbos.
Merx Tucker once said that when some ethnic groups migrate to a different environment they tend to generate new culture, language and traditions. Even the igbos changed their language when they moved up north, the idomas, urrhobo etc.
The igbos should quit calling the Efiks as igbos it builds a rage in the heart of my people.
We do accept the fact that we were once part of Biafra and may still be if they don't stop doing what the northerners/south west did which the ipob group are preaching against..
Now if I was privileged to talk with one of the leaders in the Ipob group I would ask them to reduce the effort they are using to convince the so called South South people and channel it to lure their enemies to themselves and make the struggle be very known to the world..
Infact I would suggest NnamdI Kanu to get to his enemies and if he is arrested the agitation would gain more popularity.
He should create many enemies for himself not the struggle.
The higher the number of enemies the higher his chances of succeeding in his quest.
I won't forget Macallese of ireland that said "I have a lot of enemies but I don't mind adding another one"
Enemies are like precious stones cause they keep you alert and on your feet.
-Voltaire.
Like my late friend from Abua would say " If you remove fish from the River so goes the brain of the kalabari, if you take away the lands so goes the brain of the ikwerres.
This guys don't stand a chance for economic competition."
According to Delight Archibong
Former Obong Tak Youth chairman
thanks bro. Eyen ette mi ndoho Obong odiong fi ono nnyin kpukpuru Amen

1 Like

Re: We The Efiks Are Not Ibos - Delight Archibong by Afam4eva(m): 11:48am On Jan 16, 2017
I don't think i have ever come across any Igbo person, no matter how ignorant that has called Efik Igbo. Even Igboid tribes such as Ekpeye and some places where some form of Igbo is spoken in Rivers state (save for Ikwerre, Etche, Egbema, Ndoni) have been called Igbo. I don't really know what to make of this. Does everyone now one to use Igbos to shine or what?

3 Likes

Re: We The Efiks Are Not Ibos - Delight Archibong by chijiblaze(m): 12:19pm On Jan 16, 2017
Let's be quite frank.
No Igbo person calls the Efik/ Annang/ Ibibio people "Igbos".
It's clear that they have their separate identity, language and culture than that of the Igbo people.
The point to be made here is that there are some Igbo communities indigenous to Akwa Ibom and Cross River States (though they may be minorities there).
This is different from the case of migrant Igbo settlers living and doing business in those states!
It is also different from the case of Igbo communities in Rivers and Delta States who wish to be regarded henceforth as no longer Igbo.
Igbo is the largest ethnic group in the old eastern region, with territory spanning both the Southeast and the "South-south" regions, but by no means the only group.

1 Like

Re: We The Efiks Are Not Ibos - Delight Archibong by Okeikpu(m): 2:41pm On Jan 16, 2017
Getting Biafra will clear their blocked head grin
Then the will explain to us the meaning south south

1 Like

Re: We The Efiks Are Not Ibos - Delight Archibong by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jan 16, 2017
So base on this write up, the Efik group migrated from Arochukwu. This is interesting. Need more information on this. shocked

1 Like

Re: We The Efiks Are Not Ibos - Delight Archibong by Ephort: 11:48am On Jan 17, 2017
If you are not a Yoruba or a northerner, an Hausa man sees you as Igbo, and as such, an Nyamiri. Even some Yoruba's unapologetically dwell in this world class fallacy.
Re: We The Efiks Are Not Ibos - Delight Archibong by AkinPhysicist: 2:37am On Jan 19, 2017
grin

Re: We The Efiks Are Not Ibos - Delight Archibong by RedboneSmith(m): 9:40am On Jan 19, 2017
Afam4eva:
I don't think i have ever come across any Igbo person, no matter how ignorant that has called Efik Igbo. Even Igboid tribes such as Ekpeye and some places where some form of Igbo is spoken in Rivers state (save for Ikwerre, Etche, Egbema, Ndoni) have been called Igbo. I don't really know what to make of this. Does everyone now one to use Igbos to shine or what?

It is actually some Yorubas and Northerners who call Ibibio-Efiks Igbos. To some Yoruba people, anything beyond Edo is Igbo. No Igbo person as far as I know has ever done that.

4 Likes

Re: We The Efiks Are Not Ibos - Delight Archibong by chijiblaze(m): 11:56am On Mar 01, 2017
Some Efik people in Ikot Ansa, Ikot Ishie in Calabar town do actually trace their ancestry to Igbo areas. [Native] People around there acknowledge this and refer to them as Igbos; despite the fact that they speak Efik and not Igbo and are fully integrated into the communities as locals.

1 Like

Re: We The Efiks Are Not Ibos - Delight Archibong by bigfrancis21: 5:36am On Mar 02, 2017
chijiblaze:
Some Efik people in Ikot Ansa, Ikot Ishie in Calabar town do actually trace their ancestry to Igbo areas. [Native] People around there acknowledge this and refer to them as Igbos; despite the fact that they speak Efik and not Igbo and are fully integrated into the communities as locals.

Yes my dad told me this. Some of them even try to learn to speak Igbo.

(1) (Reply)

Read About The Dahomey kingdom / How Did A Single City (benin) Conquer An Entire Region (SW)? / The Meaning Of Eriwo Ya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.