Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,019 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

How To Get A Job In Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Get A Job In Nigeria (667 Views)

150k Job In South East Or 200k Job In Lagos / 15 Ways 2 Get A Job In 2 Weeks.... / I Need Advice On Taking A Security Job In Dubai(it Urgent Pls) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Get A Job In Nigeria by oguchesam: 12:37am On Dec 25, 2015
Nigeria's unemployment is huge, we all know that, partially because of our high population, also traceable to high rate of corruption and nepotism; you will also agree with me that despite these social enemies some people still get their dream job irrespective of the high competition as well. Can we just close this topic by saying they were just lucky? Or is there something different they did? Before I go into details I will like to share my story on the “search for job” I hope I will be able to summarize it effectively.

My story-“After my high school I was so idle and bored, a jambite, sit at home no job, chase girls in the neighborhood becoming troublesome, I knew it is not a life I wanted, though I wasn’t practically broke at least had a saving of N8,400 one morning I went out and accidentally met a girl I liked a lot, she likes me too so after we greeted she decided to buy an airtime for N100 from another friend of mine who sells recharge card, so quickly I offer to pay and she let me thanking me. 100 bucks is small money for me even if I wasn’t with cash there, so I told the recharge card seller that I will pay him later, then I rushed home to get 100 bucks from my over 8k savings, guess what the money was gone! Who could have done this to me we were only four in my home and I am the youngest, who among my elder ones could have taken my money!? I was angry, disappointed and paranoid because now I have no savings and I am 100bucks indebted, now am so broke! I need money, I need a job.

That was what ignite my search for job, I went looking for any job even manual labour my sister saw my passion she decided to help by talking to a neighbor, that was how I got my first job as a barman oh should I say bar-boy in a very nice guest house in my neighborhood my salary was 9k, though I only had to work for 15 days in a month, as a smart kid I was able to make an average of 13k monthly thanks to my sister who supported me with feeding, 7 months into the work I got admission into the university, able to save 57k, I wear the best cloths, best wrist watch, best phone (orange- sony Ericson screen touch with a flip @ that time) also dating a beautiful graduate then.---sweet.

While in school my hunger for job was still burning, so what I did is, I pick another job during semester breaks, my new manager liked me so much he let me come each time am on break, though we had our little fights at times. I successfully saved more money, pay for my rent, bought myself expensive snickers and jean wears, and bought my first HP laptop pay all my bills. Don’t get it twisted it wasn’t all juicy, I remember times when my application letter was thrown into a sack back right in front of me, I remember...read full article by clicking http://jobsinabuja..com.ng/2015/12/how-to-get-job-in-nigeria.html
Re: How To Get A Job In Nigeria by prinzfavian(m): 5:52am On Dec 25, 2015
Hmmm
Re: How To Get A Job In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:51pm On Dec 25, 2015
nice story. you could have pasted all

(1) (Reply)

Get Ahead With Information Technology Certification At GNT Nigeria. / A Job With Nigerian Bottling Company Or Bank Of Industry / Plant Design Management System (aveva Pdms) 08037916993

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.