Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,733 members, 7,813,413 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

Meet The Children With No Legal Identity - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Meet The Children With No Legal Identity (548 Views)

ACLU Wins Legal Challenge Against Immigration Ban / Impeachment Of South Korean President Park Geun-hye Has No Legal Foundation / Zimbabwe Adopts Chinese Yuan As Official Legal Tender In Exchange For $40m Debt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Children With No Legal Identity by willywasco(m): 7:23am On Dec 27, 2015
A right to exist: The stateless Syrian children
Syrian refugees who give birth in Lebanon struggle to secure a legal identity for their children.

In the damp, dimly lit cement room she now calls home, Dina sits cross-legged on a flat cushion, listlessly fumbling with the hem of her robe. Gaunt, sombre, and dressed in a plain black abaya, the 37-year-old mother of six is exhausted. Like many Syrians of her generation, Dina was forced to flee to Lebanon from a country where she once felt safe, but which is now engulfed in civil war.

In Syria, she lived near a UNESCO world heritage site, the medieval Krak des Chevaliers castle. In Lebanon, she shares a single room with her family in Wadi Jamous, an agricultural area to the north of the country's second city, Tripoli.

After two-and-a-half years as refugees, her family is "tired, very tired", Dina says.

"The situation is hard for myself, for my kids, for my husband," she continues. "We have nowhere to go.

"I'm most afraid for the future of my children."

Source http://nigerianpilot.com/meet-the-children-with-no-legal-identity/

Re: Meet The Children With No Legal Identity by Cutehector(m): 7:30am On Dec 27, 2015
Its well

(1) (Reply)

HILARIOUS: Muslims Trolls ISIS Leader's Call For More People To Join Them / How Zionism Helped Create Saudi Arabia / Trump And Sanders Win New Hampshire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.