Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Beware! New Mode Of Robbery In Lagos. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Beware! New Mode Of Robbery In Lagos. (34905 Views)

Members Of Robbery Gang From Onitsha Shot Dead In Ogun / Ogun Bricklayer Accused Of Robbery, Tortured To Death (photo) / BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware! New Mode Of Robbery In Lagos. by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 27, 2015
I was discussing with a friend yesterday and we were going on about the spate of crime in Lagos, lamenting that things are taking a turn for the worse.
Then he began to tell me his experience with robbers who paid a visit to his compound at Ikeja last week. According to him, they seem to get smarter and smarter. They visited them with POS machines and moved from flat to flat, demanding you make transactions into their account at gunpoint. Once the transaction pulls through, they take your cards, record your pin and they are off to the next flat.

In this way, they drained virtually all the cash in his 3 accounts over the weekend.
Have you been a victim of this mode of crime, come in and share your experience.

6 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Beware! New Mode Of Robbery In Lagos. by omooba969(m): 12:01pm On Dec 27, 2015
Ok
Re: Beware! New Mode Of Robbery In Lagos. by Cadamlk: 12:08pm On Dec 27, 2015
They will soon be caught.Cos it is easier to trace them

114 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Beware! New Mode Of Robbery In Lagos. by mployer(m): 12:11pm On Dec 27, 2015
I don't believe this story though.

84 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beware! New Mode Of Robbery In Lagos. by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 27, 2015
mployer:

I don't believe this story though.
My brother it's indeed hard to believe but it's for real.

oyb:

exactly. story makes no sense.

most especially as bank transfers leave a clear paper trail
You wonder how folks wire cash from people's accounts without leaving a trace? Or you really think robbers who engage in such crimes as this wouldn't have a computer/IT guru in their team? I really want us to be balanced in our submissions.

confun:
Really wondering y its hard for pp to believe the op, this thing happened to a relative of mine few months ago, so it's not new at all.
Thanks for corroborating.

2 Likes

Re: Beware! New Mode Of Robbery In Lagos. by Petroking: 1:00pm On Dec 27, 2015
sapiosexual1:
I was discussing with a friend yesterday and we were going on about the spate of crime in Lagos, lamenting that things are taking a turn for the worse.
Then he began to tell me his experience with robbers who paid a visit to his compound at Ikeja last week. According to him, they seem to get smarter and smarter. They visited them with POS machines and moved from flat to flat, demanding you make transactions into their account at gunpoint. Once the transaction pulls through, they take your cards, record your pin and they are off to the next flat.

In this way, they drained virtually all the cash in his 3 accounts over the weekend.
Have you been a victim of this mode of crime, come in and share your experience.

I thank God i decided at a point in my life to do away with ATM CARDS... but they will be caught in no time...

3 Likes

Re: Beware! New Mode Of Robbery In Lagos. by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 27, 2015
Petroking:

I thank God i decided at a point in my life to do away with ATM CARDS... but they will be caught in no time...
we'll have to weigh the benefits of your action against the risks. Having cards makes financial transactions alot easier. It would also be a hard and almost impossible sell to tell robbers that you've got no card. We only can imagine their reaction on your body as they would take out the beauty from your face.
I think I would have to move most of my serious cash to a specific account and do away with the ATM card while I maintain the other account with some cash, keeping the ATM. May God not allow us experience evil.

92 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Beware! New Mode Of Robbery In Lagos. by Petroking: 1:14pm On Dec 27, 2015
sapiosexual1:

we'll have to weigh the benefits of your action against the risks. Having cards makes financial transactions alot easier. It would also be a hard and almost impossible sell to tell robbers that you've got no card. We only can imagine their reaction on your body as they would take out the beauty from your face.
I think I would have to move most of my serious cash to a specific account and do away with the ATM card while I maintain the other account with some cash, keeping the ATM. May God not allow us experience evil.

You are right. God is our security... Something led to me not making use of an ATM card..

1 Like

Re: Beware! New Mode Of Robbery In Lagos. by Nobody: 2:00pm On Dec 27, 2015
taosola:

Then the robbers must be very stupid and senseless. They will be caught as early as possible.
You guys don't seem to believe, indeed I also didn't believe ab-initio. This robbery took place during this festive holidays. We believe when the banks reopen, there would be a clearer lead to this incident. Whatever the development is, I would keep this community informed. Thanks all, just be careful.

Petroking:

You are right. God is our security... Something led to me not making use of an ATM card..
You care to share?
Re: Beware! New Mode Of Robbery In Lagos. by Nobody: 3:47am On Dec 28, 2015
Wow this is mind blowing.. Lalasticlala you need to see this. It sends chills down my spine
Re: Beware! New Mode Of Robbery In Lagos. by Atmmachine(m): 8:30am On Dec 28, 2015
Legalize guns in Nigeria.
Problem solved.

5 Likes

Re: Beware! New Mode Of Robbery In Lagos. by Adalberto(m): 8:32am On Dec 28, 2015
boys be plannin new stufs..for new year.#okBye
Re: Beware! New Mode Of Robbery In Lagos. by allanphash7(m): 8:32am On Dec 28, 2015
Adontbilivit

2 Likes

Re: Beware! New Mode Of Robbery In Lagos. by jnrbayano(m): 8:32am On Dec 28, 2015
Re: Beware! New Mode Of Robbery In Lagos. by Sijo01(f): 8:32am On Dec 28, 2015
Hmmmmm, this is sophisticated.

1 Like

Re: Beware! New Mode Of Robbery In Lagos. by missionmex(m): 8:32am On Dec 28, 2015
We don't have security in this country.

1 Like

Re: Beware! New Mode Of Robbery In Lagos. by iteleaye(m): 8:32am On Dec 28, 2015
If this stuff is true, then na dis thieves dense pass for this world... Na dem dey supoose dey call Condensed milk....

Neva get lost, own this gps watch that works perfectly with google map...

4 Likes

Re: Beware! New Mode Of Robbery In Lagos. by kombats: 8:33am On Dec 28, 2015
Hmm Tales by Moonlight every nigga got a story to tell from a friend

8 Likes

Re: Beware! New Mode Of Robbery In Lagos. by bigerboy200: 8:33am On Dec 28, 2015
This is a cock and bull story...crafty imaginations jes to get front page slot...

4 Likes

Re: Beware! New Mode Of Robbery In Lagos. by Realdeals(m): 8:33am On Dec 28, 2015
The robbers are foolishly smart, catching them will be as easy as ABC
Re: Beware! New Mode Of Robbery In Lagos. by techmart(m): 8:33am On Dec 28, 2015
thanks
Re: Beware! New Mode Of Robbery In Lagos. by Rexphobia(m): 8:33am On Dec 28, 2015
Hope they also asked if it was savings or current account?

I find this hard to believe though. Robbers like physical cash as much as possible.

So imagine they wipe all our accounts over the weekend;

1. How will they withdraw all the fund over the weekend, since there is a limit to how much you can collect via the ATM, even if they transfer to another account or bank

2. So your friend could not contact his bank to have his card blocked and account frozen immediately the robbers left?

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Beware! New Mode Of Robbery In Lagos. by JustKeen(m): 8:33am On Dec 28, 2015
Very easy to catch them. Report to EFCC.... the bank account the transfer was made to has KYC details of the account signatories naa

7 Likes

Re: Beware! New Mode Of Robbery In Lagos. by eleko1: 8:34am On Dec 28, 2015
sad
Re: Beware! New Mode Of Robbery In Lagos. by AOB1: 8:34am On Dec 28, 2015
May God save us 4rm all dis scammers by dway frontpage tins cool
Re: Beware! New Mode Of Robbery In Lagos. by ritababe(f): 8:35am On Dec 28, 2015
Realdeals:
The robbers are foolishly smart, catching them will be as easy as ABC

thats what they want you to think.

1 Like

Re: Beware! New Mode Of Robbery In Lagos. by jnrbayano(m): 8:35am On Dec 28, 2015
....and if you don't have an ATM card, what will happen?

Will they shoot? If they do, will they achieve their robbery aim? Are they assassins or thieves?

The robbers are very dumb.

1 Like

Re: Beware! New Mode Of Robbery In Lagos. by DirtyGold: 8:35am On Dec 28, 2015
Concocted tales
Re: Beware! New Mode Of Robbery In Lagos. by ritababe(f): 8:35am On Dec 28, 2015
We must be very careful
Re: Beware! New Mode Of Robbery In Lagos. by Nobody: 8:35am On Dec 28, 2015
wat
Re: Beware! New Mode Of Robbery In Lagos. by lafuria1(m): 8:36am On Dec 28, 2015
If our banks are serious, they can be caught, electronic transactions are traceable. Or at least their account blocked and whoever comes to unblock it gets arrested.
And if the money is till in the account, it can be refunded to the owners.

A similar incident happened in where o live in Lagos in an estate. The estate had am atm machine. So the thieves went to a particular flat, asked the tenant to bring her atm, asked for the pin and told her they were going to withdraw money from the atm machine close by and should the pin not work, they were coming to kill her. They divide themselves, one group went to withdraw and the other group took the tenant hostage till the other group come back.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Arrest Suspected Armed Robber, Cultist In Delta; Recover AK-47 Gun / Bayelsa Man Sexually Abused His 12-Year-Old Daughter For 4 Years / Desire Kpagane Suicide Note: Paul Nadure Implicated By RSUST Final Year Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.