Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,536 members, 7,827,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Mikel Sets Chelsea Record - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Sets Chelsea Record (636 Views)

Nobody Can Break This Mikel Obi Of Chelsea Record / Mikel Sets Appearance Record With Chelsea / Mikel Sets Record Against Ighalo’s Watford (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mikel Sets Chelsea Record by Adefaze(m): 2:10pm On Dec 27, 2015
The Nigerian was on parade on Saturday, and became the club’s third-highest overseas appearance maker

John Mikel Obi became the 21st player to
make 350 appearances for Chelsea in the
Blues’ 2-2 draw against Watford in Saturday’s English Premier League fixture.
The Nigerian was a 46th minute substitute for Cesc Fabregas as Guus Hiddink’s team failed to subdue the Hornets at the Stamford Bridge.

Also, the feat makes him become the club’s third-highest overseas appearance maker since his move from Lyn Oslo in 2006.
“Personally it is going to be great for me if I can achieve that number,’ Mikel told
Chelsea website before the game against
Quique Sanchez Flores’ team.
“I also want to push on and see how many more appearances I can get. For me it has been a great time here, I still enjoy it and ever since I walked into this football club I knew this was the place for me.
“I am so happy and so proud of the amount of games I have played for this club and at the same time using these games to win trophies and medals. This is the most important thing.
“For the past 10 years we have helped build the reputation of this club and Chelsea is up there in world football. I am so proud of what I have achieved and I still want to keep going.”
16 of Mikel’s 349 matches came during
Hiddink’s first spell in charge of the Roman Army.

http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/4110/nigerians-abroad/2015/12/26/18724442/mikel-sets-appearance-record-with-chelsea
lalasticlala
Re: Mikel Sets Chelsea Record by boboLIL(m): 2:21pm On Dec 27, 2015
Thick flop
Re: Mikel Sets Chelsea Record by Tolexander: 2:39pm On Dec 27, 2015
How many goals?

(1) (Reply)

Iheanacho Makes Europe’s Top 100 / Double Your Stake / Europa League Draw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.