Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) - Music/Radio (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) (27643 Views)

Nairaland Music Artist Drops a new track / This Is For Nairaland Music Section To Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by Nephdaniels(m): 8:11pm On Dec 29, 2015
GIYAZZ:
If you know who Lalaboi be, you no go dey talk like this. Lol

This is the veteran who started the music section. First mod on here and Number 1 blogger and editor on the Notjustok music site and music TV. Notjustok.com is the number one music site in Nigeria. And the TV is one of the biggest music station in Africa. You should be humble, stay calm and accept criticism or correction. A verdict from Lalaboi is better than mine o. Don't play with that fact.

lalaboi, abeg you fit rate me join? wink cheesy

The way I did d song was exactly the way a woman did it on The voice and all four judges;Adam Levine,Gwen Stefani,Pharrell Williams and Blake Shelton; turned...so,its either they don't know what they are doing or lalaboi doesn't... I think you know the answer
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by Nephdaniels(m): 8:17pm On Dec 29, 2015
fearlesschicken:

okay so because he is the number one music blogger and what not he should then come up on a public forum and rate people however he likes without any proper criticism? or even a strong constructive criticism to at least show that he is well experienced in music?

please spare us the bull crap and say the truth. just rating without any proper analysis and we should accept because he's a respected musician or whatever that's just plain silly.

We wonder why the music industry is messed up when we have people who reason this way. It is very sad indeed

Tell him bro.
Oh!...I just remembered, I sang Sam smith's song,not patoranking's...I couldn't expect less from the so called No1 blogger

1 Like

Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by GIYAZZ(m): 8:22pm On Dec 29, 2015
fearlesschicken:

okay so because he is the number one music blogger and what not he should then come up on a public forum and rate people however he likes without any proper criticism? or even a strong constructive criticism to at least show that he is well experienced in music?

please spare us the bull crap and say the truth. just rating without any proper analysis and we should accept because he's a respected musician or whatever that's just plain silly.

We wonder why the music industry is messed up when we have people who reason this way. It is very sad indeed

What did he actually do wrong?
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by GIYAZZ(m): 8:26pm On Dec 29, 2015
Nephdaniels:

The way I did d song was exactly the way a woman did it on The voice and all four judges;Adam Levine,Gwen Stefani,Pharrell Williams and Blake Shelton; turned...so,its either they don't know what they are doing or lalaboi doesn't... I think you know the answer
Accept criticism and improve your self bro. He didn't come here to hate on you, he only came to give his own opinion on your work. Not everybody will praise you, people will always want more from you even if you're the best. But then, lalaboi said the truth, so take that in good light and improve your music ministry. cheesy
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 29, 2015
Nephdaniels:

Tell him bro.
Oh!...I just remembered, I sang Sam smith's song,not patoranking's...I couldn't expect less from the so called No1 blogger

Dont blame the supposedly no 1 blogger. He rated my original freestyle song 5/10 and to me that was because I did it raw without any form of instrument and perhaps also because it was the first time I did it and I just recorded it simultaneously so it was rough and shabby so I went back and now did something I am more comfortable with . Lets learn to take every criticism as something positive because there is always room for growth.
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by fearlesschicken: 9:02pm On Dec 29, 2015
GIYAZZ:
What did he actually do wrong?

its simple check his posts

eg

okay. 7/10

you can sing 8/10

average voice 6/10

in the case of neph don't spoil the darn song 3/10

please in all this where is the constructive criticism? what is the basis for the rating given above? how would you just give a rating with no justifiable reason or even an encouragement to help the singers with their voices?

And you believe that is fair and the singers should just accept because he is well known and experienced?

how would you feel if you were to watch X factor and after a performance Simon cowell the judge says 'okay 3/10 Next!" without any constructive criticism to let the performer know what went wrong. Be honest how would you view Simon? would you tell the performer to accept such because simon is an experienced person? of course not! You would say he's too harsh or wicked esp. if the performer performed well according to your own judgement. You would probably appreciate his comment more if he were to give reasons for is low rating and not base it on him being experienced and whatever.

Do you now get the gist?
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by LordNicvuitton(m): 9:14pm On Dec 29, 2015
lalaboi:

which is yours?

Cc: Giyazz and lalaboiy This is my new upload link:

http://en.file-upload.net/download-11164059/nicotine_ifunanya.mp3.html

Pls I need d opinion of music gurus in d house
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by Nobody: 9:24pm On Dec 29, 2015
fearlesschicken:

eg

okay. 7/10

you can sing 8/10

average voice 6/10

please in all this where is the constructive criticism? what is the basis for the rating given above? how would you just give a rating with no justifiable reason or even an encouragement to help the singers with their voices?

And you believe that is fair and the singers should just accept because he is well known and experienced?

how would you feel if you were to watch X factor and after a performance Simon cowell the judge says 'okay 3/10 Next!" without any constructive criticism to let the performer know what went wrong. Be honest how would you view Simon? would you tell the performer to accept such because simon is an experienced person? of course not! You would say he's too harsh or wicked esp. if the performer performed well according to your own judgement. You would probably appreciate his comment more if he were to give reasons for is low rating and not base it on him being experienced and whatever.

Do you now get the gist?
fearlesschicken:

fearlesschicken:

eg

okay. 7/10

you can sing 8/10

average voice 6/10

Do you now get the gist?
Jah bless u two 4 this post..All he could say bout my song was,,Nice.7/10..I was like,,"what d f?,,this guy sure has no idea bout voice nd its timbre..No constructive criticism whatsoever,,he didn't even dissect." Even the so called Op couldn't say much... 7/10 He said he loved d "Maturity in my voice and EVERYTHING" ...What d heck is EVERYTHING in a song rating?? Threads like this should b opened by those with wide knowledge bout music and not just by mediocre singers,, I really was hoping to get something out of this thread, I got nothing.. #VoiceTrainingContinues...

1 Like

Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by GIYAZZ(m): 9:38pm On Dec 29, 2015
fearlesschicken:

eg

okay. 7/10

you can sing 8/10

average voice 6/10

Do you now get the gist?
Everybody have their own ways of criticising. Just accept criticism and move on. Do you wanna be a professional singer?
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by GIYAZZ(m): 9:46pm On Dec 29, 2015
Omavik:

Jah bless u two 4 this post..All he could say bout my song was,,Nice.7/10..I was like,,"what d f?,,this guy sure has no idea bout voice nd its timbre..No constructive criticism whatsoever,,he didn't even dissect." Even the so called Op couldn't say much... 7/10 He said he loved d "Maturity in my voice and EVERYTHING" ...What d heck is EVERYTHING in a song rating?? Threads like this should b opened by those with wide knowledge bout music and not just by mediocre singers,, I really was hoping to get something out of this thread, I got nothing.. #VoiceTrainingContinues...
I'm sorry if you were offended. I didn't know you wanted more, and I've been so busy with my choir and some other stuff. . I will do that as soon as I listen to it again. No vex, fine girl. cheesy
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by GIYAZZ(m): 9:49pm On Dec 29, 2015
LordNicvuitton:

Cc: Giyazz and lalaboiy This is my new upload link:

http://en.file-upload.net/download-11164059/nicotine_ifunanya.mp3.html

Pls I need d opinion of music gurus in d house
I will be back when I listen to it. But for now, Reyginus, download and listen to this one, then give your verdict.
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 29, 2015
GIYAZZ:
I will be back when I listen to it. But for now, Reyginus, download and listen to this one, then give your verdict.
Not downloadable yet. I don't RnB hope you know.
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by Sleekyshuga(f): 9:53pm On Dec 29, 2015
@ Omavik, you know I have always loved your voice kiss kiss.. Nicey..
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by GIYAZZ(m): 10:08pm On Dec 29, 2015
Reyginus:
Not downloadable yet. I don't RnB hope you know.
LordNicvuitton, shey you hear? the link is not downloadable. Why don't you upload it on dropbox or datafilehost?

Rey, you got ears, right? listen to the song and rate it. tongue
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 29, 2015
GIYAZZ:
I'm sorry if you were offended. I didn't know you wanted more, and I've been so busy with my choir and some other stuff. . I will do that as soon as I listen to it again. No vex, fine girl. cheesy
Honestly,, I am not offended... Just felt like airing my thought...
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by Nobody: 10:19pm On Dec 29, 2015
Sleekyshuga:
@ Omavik, you know I have always loved your voice kiss kiss.. Nicey..
Thanks dear!!!
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 29, 2015
GIYAZZ:
LordNicvuitton, shey you hear? the link is not downloadable. Why don't you upload it on dropbox or datafilehost?

Rey, you got ears, right? listen to the song and rate it. tongue
Is it the best of Songs?
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by GIYAZZ(m): 10:30pm On Dec 29, 2015
Omavik:
Honestly,, I am not offended... Just felt like airing my thought...
I see. No probs though
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by GIYAZZ(m): 10:31pm On Dec 29, 2015
Reyginus:
Is it the best of Songs?
Could be
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 29, 2015
I never quit. I decided to get super karaoke and ujam and then I did a cover for sias chandelier using an attached mic to my laptop and an equalizer

Rate it pls

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/65c4d197

cc GIYAZZ and lalaboiy

1 Like 5 Shares

Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by MoNickk(f): 10:41pm On Dec 29, 2015
can't download most of the files.. it keeps on redirecting me.
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 29, 2015
GIYAZZ:
Could be
Okay. Let me wait.
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by MoNickk(f): 10:49pm On Dec 29, 2015
naijadeyhia:
I never quit. I decided to get super karaoke and ujam and then I did a cover for sias chandelier using an attached mic to my laptop and an equalizer

Rate it pls

cc GIYAZZ and lalaboiy
ure a killer...
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by GIYAZZ(m): 10:53pm On Dec 29, 2015
naijadeyhia:

Rate it pls

cc GIYAZZ and lalaboiy
JESUS CHRIST!!!

Guy, are you the one who sang this song? for real?? Is that really you??
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by Nobody: 10:55pm On Dec 29, 2015
GIYAZZ:
JESUS CHRIST!!!

Guy, are you the one who sang this song? for real?? Is that really you??

Totally 100%. Had to use some filters though but much of it was me
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 29, 2015
MoNickk:
ure a killer...

Good killer or bad killer smiley
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by Nephdaniels(m): 11:07pm On Dec 29, 2015
@Naijadeyhia That was absolutely stunning... Beautiful
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by GIYAZZ(m): 11:09pm On Dec 29, 2015
naijadeyhia:

Totally 100%. Had to use some filters though but much of it was me
DAMN!!!!!!!!!!

This is the best of them all. You deserve an award for this cover. Mehn, your voice is tight! so dooooppe!!!

You're excellent man. I'm giving you 10/10 no arguments.

cc; Reyginus
Dopejemi
Airmark
Funlord
Llaykorn

This guy is the best if you ask me. So clear and professional. shocked

Lalaboi, we need to give this guy some support. When you check out the song, rate him and tell us what you think. These are the kinda talents we need in the industry now. Competition from other countries have multiplied, hence we need to enforce our industry with these kinda people. Can you listen to him and promote the work on Notjustok? If this one isn't up to standard because of the length, he could work on it or make another nice track. What you think?
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by Nobody: 11:12pm On Dec 29, 2015
Nephdaniels:
@Naijadeyhia
That was absolutely stunning... Beautiful

Thanks man
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by Aminat508(f): 11:13pm On Dec 29, 2015
naijadeyhia:

Rate it pls

cc GIYAZZ and lalaboiy
shocked kiss cheesy kiss
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by Nobody: 11:13pm On Dec 29, 2015
GIYAZZ:
DAMN!!!!!!!!!!

This is the best of them all. You deserve an award for this cover. Mehn, your voice is tight! so dooooppe!!!

You're excellent man. I'm giving you 10/10 no arguments.

cc; Reyginus
Dopejemi
Airmark
Funlord
Llaykorn

This guy is the best if you ask me. So clear and professional. shocked

Lalaboi, we need to give this guy some support. When you check out the song, rate him and tell us what you think. These are the kinda talents we need in the industry now. Competition from other countries have multiplied, hence we need to enforce our industry with these kinda people. Can you listen to him and promote the work on Notjustok? If this one isn't up to standard because of the length, he could work on it or make another nice track. What you think?

I just did this for fun plus because I have a competitive spirit. I dont do music like that anymore. I used to back in school but right now its used in church and for fun.
Re: So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) by llaykorn: 11:15pm On Dec 29, 2015
naijadeyhia:

Rate it pls

cc GIYAZZ and lalaboiy

Wow! This is something else. You're a star, brother! Are you Joe Thomas' twin brother? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Mr P Releases 'The Prodigal' Album / Naira Marley ‘LOL’ EP Tracklist / 10 Most Watched Nigerian Youtube Music Videos Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.