Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Urgent Help Needed: My Phone No Longer Detects Sim Card - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Urgent Help Needed: My Phone No Longer Detects Sim Card (14098 Views)

I Collected My Reserved Ntel Sim Card In Abuja. / I Got My NTEL Sim Card... / My Nitel Sim Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Help Needed: My Phone No Longer Detects Sim Card by Greatihex(m): 8:31pm On Dec 27, 2015
Re: Urgent Help Needed: My Phone No Longer Detects Sim Card by barbietosin(f): 8:34pm On Dec 27, 2015
Go 2 techo carlcare since it's still on waranty.....
Re: Urgent Help Needed: My Phone No Longer Detects Sim Card by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 27, 2015
Dont worry will soon come nd explain things to u
Re: Urgent Help Needed: My Phone No Longer Detects Sim Card by banjicom(m): 12:09am On Dec 28, 2015
Dial *#06# on your phone and tell me if you have invalid imei num.

Or maybe your sim slot might be fault, try to use a piece of paper to press your sim slot and cover it up with d back casing b4 turning on the phone.

It happens to me once and I discovered it was d sim slot.

You can also go to settings and check if your have and invalid baseband under network.
Re: Urgent Help Needed: My Phone No Longer Detects Sim Card by Greatihex(m): 5:32am On Dec 28, 2015
barbietosin:
Go 2 techo carlcare since it's still on waranty.....
i am having a double mind on going there because i dont knw if it was caused by the kingroot. That is my fear on going there.
Re: Urgent Help Needed: My Phone No Longer Detects Sim Card by olbrian(m): 5:33am On Dec 28, 2015
I have similar problem, my infinix hot 2 Sim 1 doesn't detect Sim instantly. I haven't root my phone neither changed the imei of the Sim. I only changed the one of Sim 2 to glo bis plan. Each time my phone's temperature rises to 41°+ the Sim1 shut itself which I will have to reset factory settings before bringing it back. Went to micro station where I bought it I was told my Sim is not good, whereas I know my Sim is good. Pls any help on that?? The phone is just 1 month and 25days
Re: Urgent Help Needed: My Phone No Longer Detects Sim Card by Greatihex(m): 5:43am On Dec 28, 2015
banjicom:
Dial *#06# on your phone and tell me if you have invalid imei num.

Or maybe your sim slot might be fault, try to use a piece of paper to press your sim slot and cover it up with d back casing b4 turning on the phone.

It happens to me once and I discovered it was d sim slot.

You can also go to settings and check if your have and invalid baseband under network.
my sim slot is nt under the battery. It is beside it. I just tried to check the IMEI number, it said invalid for both of the sim. The mobile network in settings is nt clicking.
Re: Urgent Help Needed: My Phone No Longer Detects Sim Card by banjicom(m): 6:49am On Dec 28, 2015
Greatihex:
my sim slot is nt under the battery. It is beside it. I just tried to check the IMEI number, it said invalid for both of the sim. The mobile network in settings is nt clicking.

Your imei is corrupted you will have to re-write back your imei using mobileuncle tools or by flashing your stock rom

Goto setting-About phone and tell me if you have invalid baseband.
Re: Urgent Help Needed: My Phone No Longer Detects Sim Card by Greatihex(m): 6:56am On Dec 28, 2015
banjicom:

Your imei is corrupted you will have to re-write back your imei using mobileuncle tools or by flashing your stock rom

Goto setting-About phone and tell me if you have invalid baseband.
the baseband version shows 'unknown'.
Re: Urgent Help Needed: My Phone No Longer Detects Sim Card by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 28, 2015
Don't be scared to go to carlcare.
Don't tell them you rooted your phone. Just explain the problem and avoid the rooting part
They will solve your problem
Re: Urgent Help Needed: My Phone No Longer Detects Sim Card by banjicom(m): 9:54am On Dec 28, 2015
Greatihex:
the baseband version shows 'unknown'.

It just a simple software problem

Check out this post I made about it
http://phonetweakers..com/2015/12/downloadrepair-how-to-fix-network-error.html
Re: Urgent Help Needed: My Phone No Longer Detects Sim Card by Greatihex(m): 10:20am On Dec 28, 2015
sexfabregas:
Don't be scared to go to carlcare.
Don't tell them you rooted your phone. Just explain the problem and avoid the rooting part
They will solve your problem
k. Like hw much can they charge me?
Re: Urgent Help Needed: My Phone No Longer Detects Sim Card by Greatihex(m): 10:31am On Dec 28, 2015
banjicom:

It just a simple software problem

Check out this post I made about it
http://phonetweakers..com/2015/12/downloadrepair-how-to-fix-network-error.html
what do you think that caused it? Is it the kingroot, memory card or virus. My sister that i transferred some of my apps to is asking me if my phone has virus.
Lest i forget, i tried to re-write the imei with mobileuncle tool, bt it failed. What should i do?
Re: Urgent Help Needed: My Phone No Longer Detects Sim Card by koyla: 11:23am On Dec 28, 2015
Your nvram has been corrupted. This happens in the case of flashing a new ROM mostly custom ROMs which wipes your stock nvram and leads to baseband unknown therefore no network detected and invalid IMEI. All you have to do is to flash back your stock nvram or better still send you phone to the calcare.
Re: Urgent Help Needed: My Phone No Longer Detects Sim Card by Nobody: 11:37am On Dec 28, 2015
Changing imei, root, flashing custom rom. Been there done that, at the end I see no real positives but waste of time and risk of damaging ur device. There's nothing like buying a good phone and remain stock, pure rest of mind. Team stock rom. Oya let the tweakers start attacking me.
Re: Urgent Help Needed: My Phone No Longer Detects Sim Card by banjicom(m): 3:07pm On Dec 28, 2015
Greatihex:
what do you think that caused it? Is it the kingroot, memory card or virus. My sister that i transferred some of my apps to is asking me if my phone has virus.
Lest i forget, i tried to re-write the imei with mobileuncle tool, bt it failed. What should i do?

It might be the rooting, the old version of kingroot sometimes cause problems.
I will send u a file that you can try to flash through recovery. And it will restore your imei without flashing your phone.

Am currently at work I will do that when I get back home.
Re: Urgent Help Needed: My Phone No Longer Detects Sim Card by Baroba(m): 4:23pm On Dec 28, 2015
[quote author=greenhulk post=41416300]Changing imei, root, flashing custom rom. Been there done that, at the end I see no real positives but waste of time and risk of damaging ur device. There's nothing like buying a good phone and remain stock, pure rest of mind. Team stock rom. Oya let the tweakers start attacking me. [/quote

Nobody go attack you, sometimes the headache is not worth it.. Android OS has matured so much you don't need to do all those things you mentioned. For me its a Nexus or no droid..
Re: Urgent Help Needed: My Phone No Longer Detects Sim Card by Greatihex(m): 5:21pm On Dec 28, 2015
banjicom:

It might be the rooting, the old version of kingroot sometimes cause problems.
I will send u a file that you can try to flash through recovery. And it will restore your imei without flashing your phone.

Am currently at work I will do that when I get back home.
ok. Am i going to do it with a laptop? The mtk droid tool you referred to in your blog is it the same with the mobileuncle for imei tweaking?
Re: Urgent Help Needed: My Phone No Longer Detects Sim Card by banjicom(m): 7:01pm On Dec 28, 2015
Greatihex:
ok. Am i going to do it with a laptop? The mtk droid tool you referred to in your blog is it the same with the mobileuncle for imei tweaking?
No they are different
Re: Urgent Help Needed: My Phone No Longer Detects Sim Card by Greatihex(m): 9:11pm On Dec 28, 2015
banjicom:

No they are different
k. What about the file?
Re: Urgent Help Needed: My Phone No Longer Detects Sim Card by banjicom(m): 10:03pm On Dec 28, 2015
Greatihex:
k. What about the file?
Do you have a custom recovery install on your phone.
Re: Urgent Help Needed: My Phone No Longer Detects Sim Card by Greatihex(m): 10:29pm On Dec 28, 2015
banjicom:

no
Re: Urgent Help Needed: My Phone No Longer Detects Sim Card by Carlcaresophia: 6:43am On Dec 29, 2015
olbrian:
I have similar problem, my infinix hot 2 Sim 1 doesn't detect Sim instantly. I haven't root my phone neither changed the imei of the Sim. I only changed the one of Sim 2 to glo bis plan. Each time my phone's temperature rises to 41°+ the Sim1 shut itself which I will have to reset factory settings before bringing it back. Went to micro station where I bought it I was told my Sim is not good, whereas I know my Sim is good. Pls any help on that?? The phone is just 1 month and 25days
Hi Olbrian, you can try to change a sim and test, if there is still problem, you can take your phone to our Carlcare Service Center, our technicians there will try to help you with it. If you need us send your address and hotline of our service center, please let us know the city and state you are living in now. Thank you!
Re: Urgent Help Needed: My Phone No Longer Detects Sim Card by Nobody: 7:35am On Dec 29, 2015
Carlcaresophia:

Hi Olbrian, you can try to change a sim and test, if there is still problem, you can take your phone to our Carlcare Service Center, our technicians there will try to help you with it. If you need us send your address and hotline of our service center, please let us know the city and state you are living in now. Thank you!

I thought u work for infinix
Re: Urgent Help Needed: My Phone No Longer Detects Sim Card by Carlcaresophia: 8:32am On Dec 29, 2015
greenhulk:

I thought u work for infinix
We are Carlcare Service Center who provides after sales service to mobile phone users.It deal with the itel,Tecno, and Infinix.If your phone has anything wrong,you can take it to our carlcare service center.Our colleague there will help you to check the details.Thank you!
Re: Urgent Help Needed: My Phone No Longer Detects Sim Card by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 29, 2015
Carlcaresophia:

We are Carlcare Service Center who provides after sales service to mobile phone users.It deal with the itel,Tecno, and Infinix.If your phone has anything wrong,you can take it to our carlcare service center.Our colleague there will help you to check the details.Thank you!
den tecno, infinix and itel are indirectly owned by the same parent company. Forget their nomenclature.
Re: Urgent Help Needed: My Phone No Longer Detects Sim Card by barbietosin(f): 11:03am On Dec 29, 2015
Greatihex:
i am having a double mind on going there because i dont knw if it was caused by the kingroot. That is my fear on going there.
baby u have no choice 4 nw....just try going dr first.....
Re: Urgent Help Needed: My Phone No Longer Detects Sim Card by jksxxxx: 9:27pm On Dec 29, 2015
whatsapp me i wud guide u how to fix the issue ur self 2 minute 09033365257
Re: Urgent Help Needed: My Phone No Longer Detects Sim Card by Nobody: 7:13am On Jan 02, 2016
Greatihex:
k. Like hw much can they charge me?

it depends. they may charge anywhere from 1k to 5k
Re: Urgent Help Needed: My Phone No Longer Detects Sim Card by RIVEX: 12:29pm On Jan 02, 2016
banjicom:

hello bro ... a friend of mine has same problem with his Tecno p5. he has twrp installed on it... how do I bring back d network of the Tecno p5
Re: Urgent Help Needed: My Phone No Longer Detects Sim Card by banjicom(m): 11:22pm On Jan 02, 2016
RIVEX:

hello bro ... a friend of mine has same problem with his Tecno p5. he has twrp installed on it... how do I bring back d network of the Tecno p5

Am just seeing your quote: Reboot to your recovery and flash this file, it should fix it.
Download the file here:
mega:///#!ZsxhnY7A!buuSZ4ek9xmSfbhJ7l5mQ8dYnEOCpznLGcRJ6vkrL6g

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help Needed: My Phone No Longer Detects Sim Card by RIVEX: 9:11am On Jan 03, 2016
banjicom:

Am just seeing your quote: Reboot to your recovery and flash this file, it should fix it.
Download the file here:
mega:///#!ZsxhnY7A!buuSZ4ek9xmSfbhJ7l5mQ8dYnEOCpznLGcRJ6vkrL6g
bro ur link is not correct... send it to my mail = yaksonwins@gmail.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Set-up Symtorrent App To Download Torrent File / Blackberry Bold 2 Or Black Bold 3 / Five Reasons Why Your Itunes Payment In Naira Do Not Pull Through

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.