Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Official Audi B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedans Around The World Thread - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Official Audi B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedans Around The World Thread (43331 Views)

Audi B5 420-R: The Build. / Audi S8 (AHC) 4,2L V8 32V Into Audi A4 B5 Quattro Sport. / The Official Audi B5 RS4 Avant Thread! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Official Audi B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedans Around The World Thread by Nobody: 9:56am On Jun 11, 2009
Just thought I'd post up pictures of B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedans.

Keen Audi fans will know Audi never built a B5 RS4 in Sedan form, all were Avants.
The B5 RS4 differed from the regular B5 RS4 both visually, and in terms of performance.

At the heart of the B5 RS4, lay a potent 2,7 V6 30V Biturbo, coupled to a 6-speed manual tranny, which developed 380hp and 325ft-lbs torque.
It was, and still remains the worlds fastest estate car, with the 0-60mph dash taking 4,7 secs. With Audi's legendary quattro drive, it's also very stable at it's governed top speed of 155mph (251 km/h). With the speed limiter removed (unofficially there are some of us with the software to derestrict these cars) the B5 RS4 goes on to an indicated top speed of 178mph (288.36 km/h).  wink

Body wise, the B5 RS4 was more aggressively styled than the regular B5 A4. It was much wider, for starters, to accommodate much larger, wider wheels, the bulging wheel arches also meant the rear doors were flared too, the wing mirrors were cast aluminium matt, there were distinct skirts covering the sills, the front bumper incorporated massive air dams, to cool the side-mounted intercoolers, as well as the massive brakes.

The rear bumper was also different.  All in, every panel was unique to the B5 RS4, bar the roof skin, and bonnet.

So, for those of us who like the B5 RS4, but prefer a sedan, we tend to build our own.
These can have any engine type that suits the owner, and as they're not strictly B5 RS4's,
I refer to them as "Outlaws", as I don't feel the term "Widebody" A4 / S4 does them justice.

Referring to them as "RS4 Sedan" seems to upset the purists, who will nit-pick, especially if they're badged RS4.

So, RS4 "Outlaw" Sedans they are.

I've compiled this thread to showcase the best "Outlaws" around the world.

Enjoy!
Re: Official Audi B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedans Around The World Thread by Nobody: 10:20am On Jun 11, 2009
Avus Silver B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedan.
Base Car: B5 S4 Sedan.
Engine: 2,7L V6 30V Biturbo.
Transmission: 6-speed manual 4WD.
Home Country: United Kingdom.

Papaya Orange B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedan.
Home country: Germany.

Silver B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedan.
Engine: 2,7L V6 30V Biturbo
Home Country: United States.

Imola Yellow B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedan.
Home Country: United States

Santorin Blue Pearl B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedan.

Nogaro Blue B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedan.

Brilliant Black B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedan.

Ming Blue Pearl B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedan.
Base Car: B5 A4 1,8T Sport Sedan.
Engine: 1,8L I4 20V Turbo.
Transmission: 5-speed manual FWD.

Mercedes Silver B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedan.
Base Car: B5 A4 1,8T Quattro Sport Sedan.
Engine: 1,8L I4 20V Turbo
Transmission: 5-speed manual 4WD.

Re: Official Audi B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedans Around The World Thread by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 11, 2009
Home Country: Lithuania.

Casablanca White B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedan.
Base Car: B5 A4 1,9 TDI Sedan.
Engine: 1,9L I4 8V Turbo Diesel.
Transmission: 5-speed manual FWD.
Home Country: Lithuania.

Inca Orange Pearl B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedan.
Base Car: B5 A4 Quattro Sport Sedan.
Engine: 4,2L V8 32V.

Re: Official Audi B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedans Around The World Thread by JJYOU: 11:05am On Jun 11, 2009
without checking its author i knew it has to be you. how u dey sienna?
Re: Official Audi B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedans Around The World Thread by Nobody: 11:21am On Jun 11, 2009
Emerald Green B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedan.

Byzan Purple B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedan.

Casablanca White B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedan.
Home Country: Germany.

Re: Official Audi B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedans Around The World Thread by lungwun(m): 11:27am On Jun 11, 2009
You didnt show/tell us which one was yours. is yours a converted B5 or a B7?
I remember you had this project on nairaland some time last year. i was a keen follower but never did
see the finished product. will have to search for the thread. you are gradually turning me to the Audi-side!
Re: Official Audi B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedans Around The World Thread by MrCrackles(m): 11:28am On Jun 11, 2009
Whooooooaaahhh!! shocked grin
Re: Official Audi B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedans Around The World Thread by Nobody: 11:36am On Jun 11, 2009
Home Country: Austria.

Laser Red B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedan.

Laser Red B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedan.

Re: Official Audi B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedans Around The World Thread by Nobody: 11:38am On Jun 11, 2009
lungwun:

I remember you had this project on nairaland some time last year. i was a keen follower but never did
see the finished product. will have to search for the thread. you are gradually turning me to the Audi-side!

Mine's a B5, the Inca Orange Pearl car, about 6 pictures on this thread.
Re: Official Audi B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedans Around The World Thread by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 11, 2009
Imola Yellow B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedan.

Re: Official Audi B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedans Around The World Thread by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 11, 2009

Base Car: B5 A4 1,8T Quattro Sport.
Home Country: Europe.

Base Car: B5 A4 1,8T Quattro Sport.

Re: Official Audi B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedans Around The World Thread by Busybody2(f): 1:00pm On Jun 11, 2009
lungwun:

Get with the program, Siena's car is the feminine mango yellow one grin grin grin lipsrsealed
Re: Official Audi B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedans Around The World Thread by eros(m): 2:36pm On Jun 11, 2009
I hope i am not asking for too much Siena, please i need to know the best security device to install in my car. I recently bought a 2001 Acura 3.2 TL from a seller here on nairaland, ITACHI. I have contacted some security device sellers here on nairaland with varying prices and different functions. I am very confused right now and don't know which one to buy, whether the Remote key or the tracking device. However, i will prefer to buy the best security device that can protect my car from "our friends" grin grin as my Pastor will call them, who think they can borrow our cars, but forget to return it after use. grin grin Thanks for your insightful advise.
Re: Official Audi B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedans Around The World Thread by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jun 11, 2009
@ Eros, the best security device to install to any car, is a Tracker device, or LO-JACK.
Not sure LO-JACK is available in Nigeria though.
Re: Official Audi B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedans Around The World Thread by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jun 11, 2009
Busy_body:

Get with the program, Siena's car is the feminine mango yellow one grin grin grin lipsrsealed

BB, carry on - I'll get my hands on you someday! lipsrsealed
Re: Official Audi B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedans Around The World Thread by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 11, 2009

Re: Official Audi B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedans Around The World Thread by eros(m): 8:25pm On Jun 11, 2009
Thanks, by the way, do you have any of these beauties available for sale and if yes. How much does it go for? Please i need a detailed info on this ride, this is the kind of ride i should be driving.
Re: Official Audi B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedans Around The World Thread by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jun 11, 2009
Unfortunately Eros, none of these cars are available for sale, as Audi never built a B5 RS4 in sedan form, all were estates.

All the cars here, including mine, were built into B5 RS4 saloons, using genuine Audi parts.
Only way you'll get one of these beauties is if you commission me to build you one.
wink
Re: Official Audi B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedans Around The World Thread by itachi(m): 10:10pm On Jun 11, 2009
@ seina how much would it cost build one grin (left hand drive ofcourse)?

@ ero you no dey drive manual remember? smiley
Re: Official Audi B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedans Around The World Thread by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jun 11, 2009
For a B5 RS4 Outlaw, you're looking at £8,200, which also includes the base car.

In auto too, for the lazy ones who don't like stirring their cogs.
  wink

In a choice of different colors, and wheels.
Re: Official Audi B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedans Around The World Thread by itachi(m): 11:13pm On Jun 11, 2009
Not baaaad shocked

hmm i think the cars look better when built from a B5 s4 sedan

seina i think yours is the only V8 and amongst the "outlaws"

What is the power output for yours? grin
Re: Official Audi B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedans Around The World Thread by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jun 11, 2009
itachi:

hmm i think the cars look better when built from a B5 s4 sedan

No difference, whether an S4 or A4 is used as your Outlaw base, as no panel remains after the B5 RS4 panels are fitted.

itachi:

seina i think yours is the only V8 and amongst the "outlaws"
What is the power output for yours? grin

Yes, mine has been converted to S8 4,2L 32V V8 power.
Power output at present is currently at 360hp.

More to come for next years season, with a biturbo conversion.

My target output is 650hp.
Re: Official Audi B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedans Around The World Thread by itachi(m): 10:16pm On Jun 12, 2009
Could we get to see interior pictures? plssss grin

what seats did you install?
are you on brembos?
H.I.D?
What is you audio like?

could we also see engine picture what mods have you done to it?
Re: Official Audi B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedans Around The World Thread by Nobody: 12:31am On Jun 13, 2009
Interior is bone stock, I'm sourcing B7 A4 parts to convert the interior - dash, instruments, console etc.

Not on Brembos - I sold the 4-piston Brembos I originally had, as I want to install B7 RS4 8-piston Brembos.
Currently running B5 RS4 front brakes.

My car has OEM B5 RS4 HID units, it is an integral part of the Outlaw conversion.

Audio - nothing special, just a 7" DVD player, with CD / radio. I'm not into ear-splitting set-ups, that employ several amplifiers to run. They add unnecessary weight, and blunt performance. I'm more into competition cars, and competitive cars have little or no audio components.

Outlaw will be making her debut at major shows this summer, so till then, all under wraps.
Re: Official Audi B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedans Around The World Thread by Nobody: 1:34am On Jun 13, 2009

Base Car: B5 A4 1,8T Quattro Sedan.

Re: Official Audi B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedans Around The World Thread by itachi(m): 6:42am On Jun 13, 2009
hmm, i guess the brembo bolt on kit you were developing worked! grin

on other sites there was a lot of talk of you not being able to fit in the v8 engine

did you eventually cut into the fire wall?

the 99' s8 engine was for 340hp you were able to get 20 more hp from it

but your still under 20hp of the v6 biturbo.

infact you even sold you biturbo

what are the differences btw these two engines setup?

did you remove the picture from your progress thread?

i would love to see them.
Re: Official Audi B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedans Around The World Thread by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 13, 2009
Yes, there was talk of me not being able to fit the the V8 motor into the B5 chassis.
But I'm Nigerian - and as you well know, Nigerians always find a way to do the seemingly impossible. That's why we're unique.
cool

I bought another B5 A4 cheap, for the sum of £185, strictly to use as a research and development car, in other words, a test bed for mounting the V8 motor into a B5 frame. And of course, it worked. The V8 fits fine, without having to hack into the firewall, as I knew it would.  cheesy A lot of the "experts" out there ended up with egg on their faces, and are now eating humble pie - this Naija guy proved them wrong - again!
  grin

The '99 S8 motor was indeed 340hp, running the stock Audi / Bosch motronic system. I'm running VEMS, a stand-alone set-up, which is much more flexible than the Motronic system. It also employs wideband lambda, and negates the need for a MAF (air mass meter) which is always a restriction in any induction system. The best set-ups in real powerful cars run mafless, employing a MAP sensor instead.

VEMS satisfies all I need in an engine management system, and more. It is also fully mappable via a serial port, with the software loaded onto your laptop, you can manipulate values easily to suit your mods.

20hp under the Biturbo S4 motor?
The S4 engine developed 265hp. Unless you're referring to the RS4 version, which developed 380hp. It didn't have the torque of the S8 V8 though, and that's what makes an engine flexible. The current power output of 360 will be upped, and my target for next year will be met, or exceeded. I play to win!
  cheesy

Yes, I sold my 2,7L V6 30V Biturbo February 2008. It didn't offer what I wanted in a competitive motor - besides, as it was already an option in the B5 chassis, I'd be reinventing the wheel. It would hardly be unique, hence I decided to sell it in favour of a more manly 4,2L V8 32V. A V8 at full chat also sounds the business. With more capacity, it has way more potential than the smaller V6. With an aluminium block, it's also lighter than the cast-iron V6, so the car will understeer less.

The V6 Biturbo has a known weakness - the K03 / K04 turbos. They are nowhere as robust as the Garrett versions, and let go often. The option is to replace them with Garrett GT series. Another issue that steered me from going the Biturbo 30V route, is the design of the exhaust manifolds. The turbochargers are rear-mounted, so removal requires the engine and transmission to be removed. I've worked on enough clients cars to know how much their wallets take a hit each time turbo work is needed. I recently had to replace a 32p copper washer on an oil feed pipe to the right-hand bank turbocharger on a customer's car. He ended up with a £900 bill. Audi wanted £1,700 to do the job!

The V8 32V has more compact cylinder heads, and the angle is less steep, so the exhaust manifolds can be removed easily with the engine in the car. Plenty of room too for a couple of fat snails.
  cool

For teasers, here are pictures of the V8 mounted in my R&grin Audi A4, with the 01E 6-speed manual tranny.
Re: Official Audi B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedans Around The World Thread by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 13, 2009
For brother Itachi, proof that V8 into B5 chassis does go!  grin

In some of the obove pictures, my Nigerian hand is there, to show the available space at either end of the engine bay, not as a model.
wink
Re: Official Audi B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedans Around The World Thread by itachi(m): 10:38pm On Jun 13, 2009
compact sedan car with massive engine the car after my heart smiley

God Bless you siena.

I hope i will be able to commission you to build me one one of these days?

alot of people here will never know the joy and thrill of being propelled by a V8 in a car.

the difference between a performance car and regular car

is like chocolate and shit.

Ride on brother.

i hereby name you the lord of the 4 rings grin
Re: Official Audi B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedans Around The World Thread by Nobody: 12:07am On Jun 14, 2009
Brother Itachi, thanks for your kind words.

May you be enriched in mind, body and soul, Amen!
  smiley
Re: Official Audi B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedans Around The World Thread by Busybody2(f): 1:37am On Jun 14, 2009
Siena:

BB, carry on - I'll get my hands on you someday! lipsrsealed

Well you will have to catch me first innit tongue cheesy

And talking of hands, glad you mentioned it was not there cos you were trying to show off, cos i was about to ask for the bleaching cream you were using so that I could avoid it, those three tone complexion of your hand is not it at all Siena tongue cheesy cheesy cheesy

Siena, i am just testing that thick hiderump of yours to see whether it is still unfazed by nothing cheesy And come to think of it, is it normal cos it is not showing any cracks or sign of one (pun intended cool )
Re: Official Audi B5 RS4 "Outlaw" Sedans Around The World Thread by Nobody: 10:53am On Jun 14, 2009
BB, you're as nutty as ever! PMSL.  cheesy

Bleaching cream? Hmmm. I use hydraulic fluid, mixed with gasoline.
Available from all good stockists, the best stockist is Gasoline Alley. Give them a call for the best rates, if you tell them I recommended them to you, they'll give you massive discount too!
  cheesy wink grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peugeot 504 Price In 1975 Vs Price Of Bread In 2024 / Someone Spotted Driving Around With Fuel Nozzle & Hose Still Attached To His Car / Cow Takes A Ride In Honda Accord 2007

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.