Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,289 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Imagination - How To Survive "Ba-dollars" As A Foreign Student - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Imagination - How To Survive "Ba-dollars" As A Foreign Student (1251 Views)

Nigerians Are Selling Off Dollars As Dollar Price Crashes / How To Survive On 20k Or Less In A Month / How To Survive 2016 Expected Economic Hardship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imagination - How To Survive "Ba-dollars" As A Foreign Student by CPriest: 5:54am On Dec 28, 2015
Scenarios and my possible actions

Scenario 1. No access to dollars to pay for school fees

The lives of several promising young people are being affected with this no more dollars matter. What a shame. But then what will I do if that happens to me?

a. I will notify my school/university immediately. Copies of the letter will go to my advisor or supervisor, faculty admins, and the provost's office. It is important that you get an official letter from your bank if possibly stating that they are so poor now (just joking) and that they can't provide dollars for you. Attach your parent's / sponsor's statement to show you are solvent in Naira. This is just so that when push becomes shove, you can still buy time.

b. My online banking must work. Right now I am in desperate conditions. If any bank/banker annoys me ... So I need a platform where I can transfer Naira as fast as immediately.

c. I will network. Now is the time to go shopping for all Nigerians in town! From Arewa, to Ndigbo, to Odua, I must know every Nigerian in the town/country that I am in. Especially those employed or in business. I will have them become my dollar-ATM, and I will become their family-support ATM back home. That is why my online banking must work.

d. If my fees are under $10,000 I will simply carry the cash, I will arm myself with my school invoices, letter from the bank. I will declare cash when I get to the destination. Each time I come around to Nigeria, I will carry dollars physically with me. Period.

e. As much as possible, I will get the cheapest accommodation that I can.

f. As nice Nairalanders, you must post me sachet milo, indomie, sugar, you get the picture? Don't forsake me in a foreign land. Be your sister's keeper. Don't beef me because I am studying abroad. Tomorrow may be your turn. Ok, jokes apart. My family must NIPOST me every possible thing that is allowed. Now that is export isn't it? I am patronising made in Oshodi goods. I am a nice Nigerian. Don't bother sending Agege bread. Won't make it to me fresh.

g. By the way, I won't buy ANY clothing, no matter how cheap it is.

h. Time to get some work. I know it is hard, and maybe illegal, but desperate times. Yeah.

i. I will pray to God that the downfall of the Naira not be an obstacle to my education.

Seeing that time is money, I will stop this post now, and look for someone who will at least pay me something, even if it is $5 per hour.

To be continued!

1 Like

Re: Imagination - How To Survive "Ba-dollars" As A Foreign Student by Khd95(m): 6:11am On Dec 28, 2015
tongue
Re: Imagination - How To Survive "Ba-dollars" As A Foreign Student by PLANETMARS(m): 7:16am On Dec 28, 2015
CPriest:
Scenarios and my possible actions

Scenario 1. No access to dollars to pay for school fees

The lives of several promising young people are being affected with this no more dollars matter. What a shame. But then what will I do if that happens to me?

a. I will notify my school/university immediately. Copies of the letter will go to my advisor or supervisor, faculty admins, and the provost's office. It is important that you get an official letter from your bank if possibly stating that they are so poor now (just joking) and that they can't provide dollars for you. Attach your parent's / sponsor's statement to show you are solvent in Naira. This is just so that when push becomes shove, you can still buy time.

b. My online banking must work. Right now I am in desperate conditions. If any bank/banker annoys me ... So I need a platform where I can transfer Naira as fast as immediately.

c. I will network. Now is the time to go shopping for all Nigerians in town! From Arewa, to Ndigbo, to Odua, I must know every Nigerian in the town/country that I am in. Especially those employed or in business. I will have them become my dollar-ATM, and I will become their family-support ATM back home. That is why my online banking must work.

d. If my fees are under $10,000 I will simply carry the cash, I will arm myself with my school invoices, letter from the bank. I will declare cash when I get to the destination. Each time I come around to Nigeria, I will carry dollars physically with me. Period.

e. As much as possible, I will get the cheapest accommodation that I can.

f. As nice Nairalanders, you must post me sachet milo, indomie, sugar, you get the picture? Don't forsake me in a foreign land. Be your sister's keeper. Don't beef me because I am studying abroad. Tomorrow may be your turn. Ok, jokes apart. My family must NIPOST me every possible thing that is allowed. Now that is export isn't it? I am patronising made in Oshodi goods. I am a nice Nigerian. Don't bother sending Agege bread. Won't make it to me fresh.

g. By the way, I won't buy ANY clothing, no matter how cheap it is.

h. Time to get some work. I know it is hard, and maybe illegal, but desperate times. Yeah.

i. I will pray to God that the downfall of the Naira not be an obstacle to my education.

Seeing that time is money, I will stop this post now, and look for someone who will at least pay me something, even if it is $5 per hour.

To be continued!
oga get a foreign paypal acct verify it ,fund it and forget cbn wey dey make rule lyk madona uni

1 Like

Re: Imagination - How To Survive "Ba-dollars" As A Foreign Student by CPriest: 7:24am On Dec 28, 2015
PLANETMARS:
oga get a foreign paypal acct verify it ,fund it and forget cbn wey dey make rule lyk madona uni

Please how do I fund it? Getting a verified pp is possible. Thanks.
Re: Imagination - How To Survive "Ba-dollars" As A Foreign Student by PLANETMARS(m): 7:38am On Dec 28, 2015
CPriest:

Please how do I fund it? Getting a verified pp is possible. Thanks.
if u looking to fund above 2k$ get a nigeria exchanger visit their office and let dem fund it for u. below 2K$ contact me. also i fund payoneer not more than $500.or better still google exchangers if u dey fear
Re: Imagination - How To Survive "Ba-dollars" As A Foreign Student by Nobody: 7:40am On Dec 28, 2015
Hmmm. Thank God they started this rubbish after my departure.
Re: Imagination - How To Survive "Ba-dollars" As A Foreign Student by CPriest: 8:10am On Dec 28, 2015
PLANETMARS:
if u looking to fund above 2k$ get a nigeria exchanger visit their office and let dem fund it for u. below 2K$ contact me. also i fund payoneer not more than $500.or better still google exchangers if u dey fear

Thanks. Will check your profile and note your details. Also I will do more research on the paypal/exchangers setup. I may be doing an article on it so students abroad can get wised about it. Would you mind putting in some ideas with your exchangers experience?
Re: Imagination - How To Survive "Ba-dollars" As A Foreign Student by PLANETMARS(m): 8:21am On Dec 28, 2015
CPriest:

Thanks. Will check your profile and note your details. Also I will do more research on the paypal/exchangers setup. I may be doing an article on it so students abroad can get wised about it. Would you mind putting in some ideas with your exchangers experience?
no time for that one
Re: Imagination - How To Survive "Ba-dollars" As A Foreign Student by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 28, 2015
PLANETMARS:

How to fund? How will he use PayPal to pay school fees? Buy food and so on... PayPal is not is not a bank.. people should wake up
Re: Imagination - How To Survive "Ba-dollars" As A Foreign Student by PLANETMARS(m): 11:19am On Dec 28, 2015
Strahovski:

How to fund? How will he use PayPal to pay school fees? Buy food and so on... PayPal is not is not a bank.. people should wake up
who says u can't use Paypal to pay fees? Paypal is not a bank no doubt but u can use for ur online transactions like sch fees along as d seller accepts. To fund there are so many exchangers u can fund and sell ur paypal funds to eg me. Do a google search
Re: Imagination - How To Survive "Ba-dollars" As A Foreign Student by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 28, 2015
How many schools accept PayPal?

Most Schools don't even accept card payments let alone paypal. Large institutions can't use PayPal due to their processing volumes and financial risks. They would prefer you pay directly into their bank accounts or make ACH transfers. Why do you think Nigerians in diaspora are complaining?
PLANETMARS:
who says u can't use Paypal to pay fees? Paypal is not a bank no doubt but u can use for ur online transactions like sch fees along as d seller accepts. To fund there are so many exchangers u can fund and sell ur paypal funds to eg me. Do a google search
Re: Imagination - How To Survive "Ba-dollars" As A Foreign Student by PLANETMARS(m): 3:46pm On Dec 28, 2015
Strahovski:
How many schools accept PayPal?

Most Schools don't even accept card payments let alone paypal. Large institutions can't use PayPal due to their processing volumes and financial risks. They would prefer you pay directly into their bank accounts or make ACH transfers. Why do you think Nigerians in diaspora are complaining?
am not arguing weda dey r complaining am only giving an option
Re: Imagination - How To Survive "Ba-dollars" As A Foreign Student by Everyday4(m): 6:33pm On Dec 28, 2015
PLANETMARS:
is vba the same as payoneer
Re: Imagination - How To Survive "Ba-dollars" As A Foreign Student by Ganjafama(m): 9:00pm On Dec 28, 2015
I expect the fed govt to reverse the decision or better still, reduce the monthly limit.
Re: Imagination - How To Survive "Ba-dollars" As A Foreign Student by jammeyboy(m): 9:08pm On Dec 28, 2015
PLANETMARS:
pls how do I get a USA verified paypal
pls teach me
Re: Imagination - How To Survive "Ba-dollars" As A Foreign Student by PLANETMARS(m): 9:32pm On Dec 28, 2015
jammeyboy:

pls how do I get a USA verified paypal
pls teach me
e too long to explain for 10k I can get u a fully verified acct or I give u. D materials u verify it urself or beta still ask I sabi every every google
Re: Imagination - How To Survive "Ba-dollars" As A Foreign Student by jammeyboy(m): 6:11am On Dec 29, 2015
PLANETMARS:
e too long to explain for 10k I can get u a fully verified acct or I give u. D materials u verify it urself or beta still ask I sabi every every google
okay how do I get it
Re: Imagination - How To Survive "Ba-dollars" As A Foreign Student by jammeyboy(m): 8:33am On Dec 29, 2015
PLANETMARS:
you mentioned materials. what r d materials involved. can u help me to get verified USA PayPal
Re: Imagination - How To Survive "Ba-dollars" As A Foreign Student by PLANETMARS(m): 8:44am On Dec 29, 2015
jammeyboy:

you mentioned materials. what r d materials involved. can u help me to get verified USA PayPal
yes for 10k I wud do it in 7days.
Re: Imagination - How To Survive "Ba-dollars" As A Foreign Student by jammeyboy(m): 8:58am On Dec 29, 2015
PLANETMARS:
yes for 10k I wud do it in 7days.
wow dts huge. what about u give me d materials
Re: Imagination - How To Survive "Ba-dollars" As A Foreign Student by PLANETMARS(m): 9:12am On Dec 29, 2015
jammeyboy:

wow dts huge. what about u give me d materials
5k I wud give u a step by step guide. U buy d dedicated ip urself and other stuff
Re: Imagination - How To Survive "Ba-dollars" As A Foreign Student by jammeyboy(m): 9:20am On Dec 29, 2015
PLANETMARS:
5k I wud give u a step by step guide. U buy d dedicated ip urself and other stuff
I tot it wud be free.
Re: Imagination - How To Survive "Ba-dollars" As A Foreign Student by PLANETMARS(m): 9:27am On Dec 29, 2015
jammeyboy:

I tot it wud be free.
yea we always like free bees. This is paypal man u can lose ur money if u don't get it right. You can use mr I sabi every every google its always free
Re: Imagination - How To Survive "Ba-dollars" As A Foreign Student by jammeyboy(m): 9:31am On Dec 29, 2015
PLANETMARS:
yea we always like free bees. This is paypal man u can lose ur money if u don't get it right. You can use mr I sabi every every google its always free
thanks dude. I just can spare a dime right now
Re: Imagination - How To Survive "Ba-dollars" As A Foreign Student by PLANETMARS(m): 9:43am On Dec 29, 2015
jammeyboy:
thanks dude. I just can spare a dime right now
no wahala best of luck
Re: Imagination - How To Survive "Ba-dollars" As A Foreign Student by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:36am On Dec 29, 2015
PLANETMARS:

Phahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Very funny but good point.

(1) (Reply)

America Now World's Biggest Producer Of Crude Oil / Triumph Adler Dc 2328 Process Kit /drum / Help Gtb Excessive Charges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.