Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Spotting In Between Periods.... Please Help!! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Spotting In Between Periods.... Please Help!! (1062 Views)

7 Things Girls Must Never Do On Their Periods. Number 6 Is Very Important / How Can Yeast Infection Affect Your Periods? / Scanty Period-spotting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spotting In Between Periods.... Please Help!! by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 28, 2015
Am really going to go into details so pls be patient.

I had my period twice last 2 months and before then I have been noticing irregular bleeding (spots of blood) in btw periods for a while now. Sometimes the spotting is accompanied with little pain or discomfort. At first, I went to see a pharmacist, he administered drugs to me which I used, no changes. Then i went to see a doc, vaginal swab was done nd "significant growth candida albicans'' was detected nd it was treated. It was after that, I saw my period twice a month nd the spotting in btw periods still didn't stop. There was even a month I saw my period for like 9days. Then I went with my mum to our family doc last month nd a pelvic scan was carried out, they found nothing and they didn't give me any drugs cos dey said it might be some hormonal iish.
The spotting happens after like 7days my period has stopped nd lasts for like 3-4 days..

Its almost over a yr now since this spotting issue started nd it hasn't stopped, I don't even know what to do anymore, have used drugs, done everything dat could be done nd nothing has happened. Am frustrated, to the extent that it makes me cry sometimes.
Am an 18yr old nd I haven't even started having sex talk more of using contraceptives (which some say might be the cause).

So pls, anyone who has experienced this and Docs in the house should pls advice me.

Thanks
Re: Spotting In Between Periods.... Please Help!! by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 28, 2015
Re: Spotting In Between Periods.... Please Help!! by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 28, 2015
No reply for almost 4hrs Are there no experienced Docs in the house or wat? I need ur views for petes sake
Re: Spotting In Between Periods.... Please Help!! by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 28, 2015
My dear go back to the doctor and get a referral to an experienced gynaecologist
Stop buying medicines off the counter.
You need proper investigation so that the right treatment can be given.
Were any hormone blood tests done?
Pls see a gynaecologist ASAP
Re: Spotting In Between Periods.... Please Help!! by tammyloreoluwa(f): 7:29pm On Dec 28, 2015
its obvious ur having hormonal inbalance, go to a good lab tell them you want to do hormonal test, some are done on day 3 of ur period while some on day 21 after ur period.. take d result to a gyne he or she shld know what to do..

2 Likes

Re: Spotting In Between Periods.... Please Help!! by Nobody: 7:56pm On Dec 28, 2015
Thanks @tearoses and tammyloreoluwa

Can u pls recommend a good gyn in lagos...
Re: Spotting In Between Periods.... Please Help!! by uche13: 9:48pm On Dec 28, 2015
You need to see a gynae asap. You will need to do hormonal assay and some other tests to rule out cysts or anything worse.

Also commit the issue to God in prayer

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Gain Weight? / Interesting Facts About Smoking / Blocked Fallopian Tube

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.