Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,635 members, 7,813,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

7 Things Girls Must Never Do On Their Periods. Number 6 Is Very Important - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 7 Things Girls Must Never Do On Their Periods. Number 6 Is Very Important (987 Views)

10 Things Women Should Do During Their Periods To Avoid Health Issues / 14 Ways To Living A Healthy Life: Number 6 Is A Must Read / 7 Things You Should Avoid Sharing With Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Things Girls Must Never Do On Their Periods. Number 6 Is Very Important by hennyholla17(m): 4:34pm On Apr 02, 2018
A girl’s monthly flow is a sign of maturity. When you are on your period, your body wants to do some things because they feel great. Meanwhile, there are many other things you should never try not because they don’t feel great, but because they could cause severe damage to your health.
From what we’ve learnt from our grandmothers, to what our mothers said their grandmothers told them, to what we have heard from our mothers, one could say we have gathered enough information to last us until eternity right? Wrong!

The female menstrual cycle is generationally dynamic and had been changing throughout history. According to statistics, the average woman in America today has about 450 menstrual cycles throughout her lifetime, while women in the same region just a few generations ago only had 150.
Note: People are different, so some people may be more sensitive to some of these things than others but it would be best to stay on the safer path.

Here is a list of things you should avoid on your period:

1. Taking too much salt:
This might be where your ultimate craving for French fry or patato chips gets to the peak after much climbing.
Salt intake is harmful during this period. “Salty foods contribute to the bloating/water retention that women feel around the time of their periods,” says Dr. Angela Jones, OB/GYN over email. According to Dr. Julia A. White at Cycle , that hankering for food with a high salt content can actually make your cramps worse with fluid retention and bloating.

2. Shaving/getting a wax:
Why get a wax while on your period? As if the normal day waxing wasn’t torture enough. Trust me, you don’t want to try getting a wax during tour period.
Estrogen level drops during this time and low estrogen heightens your sensitivity and makes all your physical pain hurt more than normal. Somehow like a vampire in transition.

3. Avoiding gym:
Some ladies use this as an excuse to avoid working out in the gym. You hear excuses like “my period came so I had to nurse it”. Avoiding the gym is a No No when you are on your period. “Exercise gives you endorphins.
Endorphins make you happy.” This is very important because of the mood swings that occur when you’re on your period. You need to stay as happy as possible.
According to women’s health, you should increase your physical activities during these days as they tend to help with cramp and anxiety.

4. Consuming dairy products:
Although calcium is good during this time, dairy is bad. Even if dairy is all you want to take throughout your period, it is more advisable to wait until your period is over. Dairy products like cheese, milk and yoghurt contains an acid known as arachidonic acid which causes cramping in the lower abdomen.

continue reading https://myhealthguide.com.ng/2018/04/7-things-girls-must-never-do-on-their-period/
Re: 7 Things Girls Must Never Do On Their Periods. Number 6 Is Very Important by Preciouzword: 11:29pm On Apr 02, 2018
Great content. For those of you who may be new to your cycle or want to learn more, you can do that here
https://momsall.com/ovulation-your-fertility-window/
Re: 7 Things Girls Must Never Do On Their Periods. Number 6 Is Very Important by WomenTrainer: 6:07am On Apr 03, 2018
When I saw "3. Avoiding Gym", I smiled. My clients like to use their period as an excuse too. Lol.

Though I've noticed they are generally weaker at workout sessions during their periods. To be fair to them, I take it into consideration and reduce the intensity of workout or even exempt those experiencing excruciating cramps.

Ladies, if you need a fitness-trainer, visit me on www.WomenTrainer.
Re: 7 Things Girls Must Never Do On Their Periods. Number 6 Is Very Important by hennyholla17(m): 3:12pm On Apr 03, 2018
WomenTrainer:
When I saw "3. Avoiding Gym", I smiled. My clients like to use their period as an excuse too. Lol.

Though I've noticed they are generally weaker at workout sessions during their periods. To be fair to them, I take it into consideration and reduce the intensity of workout or even exempt those experiencing excruciating cramps.

Ladies, if you need a fitness-trainer, visit me on www.WomenTrainer.

nice.

(1) (Reply)

Optometrists thread?? / Natural Remedies For Breast Firming, Hip/butt Enlargement Etc / Itchy Rashes On & Around Your Private Part Can Be Scabies, Not STD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.