Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,886 members, 7,810,405 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

Help Please .. I Really Need ADVICE URGENTLY - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help Please .. I Really Need ADVICE URGENTLY (1392 Views)

My Sister Is Married To The Most Chronic Cheat Ever. Please I Need Advice / Am I Really A Bad Son? / Am I Really Married Or Sharing A Room With A Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Please .. I Really Need ADVICE URGENTLY by flejnr2(f): 7:16pm On Dec 28, 2015
Am from a family of four and just one sibling being my elder brother but I noticed of late my brother is always jealous and angry over me because people think am better than him which I don't think so?
whenever anybody ask him about me. He tries to trow me in the mud.
even his fiancee he is about getting married to was after me but i turned her down because my brother said he loved the girl.
when ever he is broke he comes out with a friendly smile to rip me but if i turn broke he starts the not talking to you attitude .
My parents thinks he is just being frustrated because he thinks i will override him later in future
i did my llm in nigeria but they took him to oxford for his llm. We both are lawyers tho.
whenever am in London he rallies his self around me so he could suck me then if am back to nigeria he stops calling .

i really need help because this is killing me inside as he is my only siblings and can't change that .
Re: Help Please .. I Really Need ADVICE URGENTLY by Miami11: 7:28pm On Dec 28, 2015
You all sound successful, maybe your older brother has insecurities, don't feed to them

Try to be the sane one, ignore him, try to reach out, he will pick the signs that you are brothers and no competitors

I fall out with my siblings all the time, but each time I try to be the mature one and make amends

Because family is all you have, they are worth your time and energy, so overlook everything and try make amends.

5 Likes

Re: Help Please .. I Really Need ADVICE URGENTLY by flejnr2(f): 7:32pm On Dec 28, 2015
Miami11:
You all sound successful, maybe your older brother has insecurities, don't feed to them

Try to be the sane one, ignore him, try to reach out, he will pick the signs that you are brothers and no competitors

I fall out with my siblings all the time, but each time I try to be the mature one and make amends

Because family is all you have, they are worth your time and energy, so overlook everything and try make amends.

I have tried and always plead to forgive even when am not at fault
Re: Help Please .. I Really Need ADVICE URGENTLY by StefanSalvatore: 7:34pm On Dec 28, 2015
Jst play along wit him, there'll b a tym wen e himself would regret his actions towards u

In dis lyf karma is always a b!tch!!!

Gudluck

1 Like

Re: Help Please .. I Really Need ADVICE URGENTLY by Obichi98(m): 7:36pm On Dec 28, 2015
If only you knows how to pray,there is no secrets concerning both of you that God cannot reveal to you...every night at exactly 12 mid night for 7days,pray with these scriptures:
jeremiah:33:3.
Daniel:2:22
And follow the leading of His revelations.
Re: Help Please .. I Really Need ADVICE URGENTLY by tintingz(m): 7:46pm On Dec 28, 2015
Are you related to Joseph in the holy books?

You better learn the lesson in Joseph story.
Re: Help Please .. I Really Need ADVICE URGENTLY by Miami11: 7:49pm On Dec 28, 2015
flejnr2:

I have tried and always plead to forgive even when am not at fault

If that has not worked just play along as someone has said, act a fool, then ignore his rhetorics completely,

Act as if he does not exist, he will tire and come around
Re: Help Please .. I Really Need ADVICE URGENTLY by Chommieblaq(f): 7:51pm On Dec 28, 2015
U sounds like a good person, don't ever change cos of anyone, treat him with respect and like a brother that he is, don't allow his negativity get to you. Insecurity and inferiority complex is his major problem.

Be nice to people irrespective of how they treat you, cos the amount of love u give to people will surely come back to u in many folds, and who knows maybe it's this your nature that has been helping you.
Re: Help Please .. I Really Need ADVICE URGENTLY by geez18(m): 8:03pm On Dec 28, 2015
are you truely sure he is your brother?are you blood related?you had better ask this of your parents?
Re: Help Please .. I Really Need ADVICE URGENTLY by Miami11: 8:07pm On Dec 28, 2015
geez18:
are you truely sure he is your brother?are you blood related?you had better ask this of your parents?

This happens a lot in most families, nothing new
Re: Help Please .. I Really Need ADVICE URGENTLY by thorpido(m): 8:21pm On Dec 28, 2015
Do your parents know about this?If they don't,I think you should discuss this with them.
Do your thing.Don't let your brother's behaviour get to you.You don't live together so it's easy to ignore his tantrums.
He'll come around in the future when he sees you're not his competitor.
Re: Help Please .. I Really Need ADVICE URGENTLY by Jimdonnet(m): 8:31pm On Dec 28, 2015
Guy forget your brother abeg.jealously day worry am
Re: Help Please .. I Really Need ADVICE URGENTLY by Miami11: 8:54pm On Dec 28, 2015
thorpido:
Do your parents know about this?If they don't,I think you should discuss this with them.
Do your thing.Don't let your brother's behaviour get to you.You don't live together so it's easy to ignore his tantrums.
He'll come around in the future when he sees you're not his competitor.

Some parents are never helpful with such situations

Some play favors and even fuel more division in kids

Trust me my own mother cannot handle a family feud.
Re: Help Please .. I Really Need ADVICE URGENTLY by thorpido(m): 8:59pm On Dec 28, 2015
Miami11:

Some parents are never helpful with such situations

Some play favors and even fuel more division in kids

Trust me my own mother cannot handle a family feud.
You're right in some cases parents take sides especially if they have a favourite.
Re: Help Please .. I Really Need ADVICE URGENTLY by Nobody: 11:21pm On Dec 28, 2015
flejnr2:
Am from a family of four and just one sibling being my elder brother but I noticed of late my brother is always jealous and angry over me because people think am better than him which I don't think so?
whenever anybody ask him about me. He tries to trow me in the mud.
even his fiancee he is about getting married to was after me but i turned her down because my brother said he loved the girl.
when ever he is broke he comes out with a friendly smile to rip me but if i turn broke he starts the not talking to you attitude .
My parents thinks he is just being frustrated because he thinks i will override him later in future
i did my llm in nigeria but they took him to oxford for his llm. We both are lawyers tho.
whenever am in London he rallies his self around me so he could sick me then if am back to nigeria he stops calling .
i really need help because this is killing me inside as he is my only siblings and can't change that .

How do you know he feels you are better than him?

Be careful not to sacrifice yourself in the process of being the good brother if you keep trying to please him to keep everything happy I hope you don't boil over one day. Looks like some boundaries are required from your own end.
Re: Help Please .. I Really Need ADVICE URGENTLY by flejnr2(f): 1:27am On Dec 29, 2015
andromida:

How do you know he feels you are better than him?

Be careful not to sacrifice yourself in the process of being the good brother if you keep trying to please him to keep everything happy I hope you don't boil over one day. Looks like some boundaries are required from your own end.

Pleasing him is an oath am to bind with and can't stop.
Blood is blood
Re: Help Please .. I Really Need ADVICE URGENTLY by flejnr2(f): 1:28am On Dec 29, 2015
geez18:

He is my senior brother of same parent. Just me and him in this world
Re: Help Please .. I Really Need ADVICE URGENTLY by dahmie2013: 5:42am On Dec 29, 2015
Op, if I were u, I'll stay far 4rm him. Probably be based in Nigeria, den just call him 4rm time 2 time just 2 keep in touch, like say once in 2wks. Its best u keep ur distance, so he takes his mind off u 4 sometime, pending d time he is mature enof 2 handle situatns properly.
Re: Help Please .. I Really Need ADVICE URGENTLY by geez18(m): 8:01am On Dec 29, 2015
flejnr2:

He is my senior brother of same parent. Just me and him in this world

a true brother can't be acting so bitchy like this! methinks he knows something you don't.talk to your parents;heart to heart.believe it when i say the truth will set you free.
Re: Help Please .. I Really Need ADVICE URGENTLY by RockMaxi: 8:40am On Dec 29, 2015

@OP, please type like a learned one you claimed in your post.
He is your blood brother deal with him as one. Give/do to him what you will not regret giving/doing whenever the need arises even it means not doing anything. You've got no other blood brother again.

1 Like

Re: Help Please .. I Really Need ADVICE URGENTLY by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 30, 2015
flejnr2:

Pleasing him is an oath am to bind with and can't stop.
Blood is blood

From your story it seems you are the only one bonded by the oath. You are feeling bad about the way you allow yourself to be treated how long will you keep pleasing him and feeling sorry for how you allow him to treat you. Even as blood is blood relationship is a two way street.

(1) (Reply)

Two Businesses You Can Do To Get Extra Income For Your Family / What Has Gone Wrong With Some Women This Days / Maternal Family Putting Pressure On My Nuclear Family Finicially

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.